main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Consequence of Love" a USJS AU of Cali & Obi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Mar 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    Poor Amidolee! Working with kids on a daily basis can wear you out. The ones with whom I work doing the school year are high school students and they make me tired. I can only imagine what a group of small children can do to you! :eek:

Can't wait until Sunday! :)

2. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    And I got acused of doing clif hangers.
    but they are fun

3. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    BACK!!!!

Got the new JA Special Edition book, too. Saw MR again. Went to a beauty pagent and yawned. BTW, order the Shrimp Caesar Salad at Perkins, it's delish!

Well, I'm at a sudden conflict here [face_plain] I've had the ending to this plotted for so long (before I figured the first stuff out, I knew everything about the ending), and it would figure into an Eppy2 story I'm planning on doing sometime soon. But now, I'm suddenly in the mood for a HAPPY ending! Don't die from shock, people.

And it is AU, says in the title, doesn't it?

So do you want immense angst or fairy-tell ending?

And I may just be obnoxious and go for the opposite of what ya'll want. [face_devil]

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Well, you've already given us a very sad ending to Cai's pregancy... why not go for that fairy-tale ending???

5. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Now that's a hard question, do I prefer immense angst or a fairy-tell ending? I would lean toward the immense angst, but only slightly, I am such an angst lover.

Either way I hope we see more soon!!!!

6. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    I want both!!! Angst followed by a happy ending!! Mush is good too! If Qui-Gon is happy, I am happy!!! :D

7. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

HAPPY ENDING!

I'll admit, when Obi-Wan was thinking about what his and Cali's baby would look like, once he found out she had lost it in USJS, I was crying [face_blush] I think they deserve a very happy ending, Ami :D

Oooo...the JA SE is in stores? *squeal*

aa :)

8. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    HAPPY ENDING!!! I am a sucker for those. I won't even watch Castaway cuz I heard the ending! (I'd still read your story if it ended sad, of course, but HAPPY! PLEASE?)

9. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Ohhh....I'd hate to be either three in that situation. Tense, taut writing Amidolee.

Hmmm...endings...

Well, should I be the only voice of reason here and demand an angst-ridden tragical end to this thread? It'd follow the trend of ALL the love stories involving poor Obi-Wan. Plus, I'm a sucker myself for tragedy. MUHWAHAHAHAA!!!

No, I'm just kidding. I'd read it either way of course Amidolee and it might be nice to give the two a bit of sunshine before your next thread where The Hand of Evil Writer strikes again.

10. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000
    Okay...off the topic of HAL's need for angst ;)

I found a Ewan pic that, to me anyway, looks like what Obi-Wan would look like in this saga. He even kinda looks like the Obi-Wan fanart that Julie created. *shrugs* you've already seen the pic, but here it is:

Obi Ewan!

OK, back to your regularly scheduled debate :D

11. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Okay...I'm coming out of lurkerville to enter into the debate. I would have to vote for a happy Obi/Cali ending...I've seen the sad one so many times and now I would just love for them to get it together and have a happy ending.

It is the WILL of the force! (or just the will of Kithera but which ever way you look at it is very important ;D )

Huggles
    Kithera

P.S: I love the way you've portrayed Kithera. Nice and calm for a change! I was just waiting for her to pounce on Qui-gon and tell him he was an idiot!

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Hmm, well, the title has "consequence" in it, and that would sort of serve as punishment . . .

I think I may go with the original ending which is both good and bad. [face_devil] I won't say why :p

Yes, I want a happy ending too, tho. Crazy me, I want the ending how I originally planned so it'll go into the Eppy2 story I've got planned. But then again, shouldn't they get some happiness? Tho, in the "A New Destiny" story, they do have a fairly happy ending. They're not together or anything, but they've both come to terms with what happened.

Hmm.

Well, here's a post!

=*=*=*=*=
    *=*=*=*=*

?Aaargh!?

Qui-Gon held his hand out again as Cali?s face contorted into an image of intense pain as another contraction began. From the pain she was projecting both through the Force and her groaning (and sometimes screaming), he knew each one was worse than remembered that Kithera was doing a swell job of reminding the pilot of the urgency. Kithera said it could still be hours before Cali-Ana delivered, but then there was also the possibility of the baby coming quickly. Qui-Gon was not sure which he would rather have: get it over and done with, or have a few more hours to figure out what he was going to do about Obi-Wan, the baby, and Cali.

?Just breathe deeply and steadily,? Kithera instructed as Cali turned her squinting eyes down at her stomach, glowering at the large mound. ?And break some of Qui?s fingers while you?re at it.?

?Kit?? Qui-Gon?s retort was quickly silence as he grimaced in pain. The contraction was climaxing, and it seconds it would fade to give his hand a small rest. Cali let out a loud whoosh of breath and relaxed, her head lolling to the Jedi Master?s shoulder. Flexing his sore hand, he shared a glance with Kithera, who seemed to be pleased with him for some reason unbeknownst to him.

Cali?s blond hair was darkened and soaked from sweat, her large tunic plastered to her skin. Qui-Gon turned his head, finding himself looking into a pair of grateful but frightened blue eyes. It made the stolid Jedi Master realize just how much he was also afraid. Smiling slightly, he placed a hand on her sweaty forehead, pushing plastered hairs from her face and sending cool ripples of the Force through her.

Cali-Ana sighed gratefully, relaxing further. ?Thank you,? she said softly, her eyes drifting shut.

?For what??

But Cali was already asleep.

Qui-Gon glanced across at Kithera, who was grinning widely at him. ?What??

?I never thought you?d make a good housemother,? she replied, laughing. Unbuckling, she moved close to him, kissing his cheek. ?You?re handling this well. For you, anyway.?

?I?m not sure if that was a compliment or not.?

Kithera just grinned, then hurried back to her seat as the air taxi swooped down to the hospital platform. Cali stirred as Qui-Gon lifted her off his shoulder, which was now also damp from her sweat. ?We?re here,? he told her when her eyes fluttered open.

Cali merely nodded. Her legs were wobbly and she felt sick. While Master Jinn?s suddenly fatherly, kind presence was reassuring and well appreciated, she desperately wish for Obi-Wan?s arms. And worse, she could sense the distress not only in her body, but in the baby?s body.

?It?ll be alright,? Qui-Gon murmured as Kithera hopped out of the taxi and was briskly ordering for a wheelchair and attentive nurses towards the entrance. He smiled fondly at the Knight as she brought back several harried medics. ?Obi-Wan should be here soon, I?d imagine.?

Cali chewed on her bottom lip, studying the Jedi Master apprehensively. ?You won?t yell at him? Please, don?t.?

?I am not angry,? Qui-Gon sighed, standing and unbuckling the girl as the attendants reached the taxi. ?Too much has happened too fast, and I imagine that?s how Obi-Wan feels.?

Cali?s eyes widened as a thought settled over. She stared at Qui-Gon thoughtfully. ?Do you think that?s what happened to us? Too much too soon??

?I don?t know. But it has happened. I would like to think that things will settle so

13. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    So it sounds like I should have the tissue at the ready before I read any more posts!!

It's good to see Qui melt a little, I am really anxious for Obi to arrive and see what they say to one another!!!

Bad Mom, she should give you all the free time she can so you can post. Just where are her priorities???

More soon... Please!!!!

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    =*=*=*=*=
    *=*=*=*=*

Obi-Wan?s heart was racing, threatening to shatter his ribs from its pounding. When the taxi settled on the platform, he was out and running towards the entrance. He completely forgot Cali-Ana?s aunt in his desire to find Cali. Slapping the reception desk as he skidded to a halt, Obi-Wan managed to croak out his questions. The slightly frightened woman quickly directed him to the maternity ward. Yiona was just entering as Obi-Wan took off at a very fast walk down the corridors.

Obi-Wan had to take the lifts to reach the ward. When the door slid open, his heart leaped to his throat. Far down the hall, standing outside an opened room was Qui-Gon Jinn. For a moment, he forgot completely of his love, only the agony that had overwhelmed him before flooded his thoughts. Trembling, he stepped slowly off the lift, wondering if he would be rush into the emergency room for a cardiac arrest.

Qui-Gon?s tall, lean figure turned, as if sensing him. Yet Obi-Wan knew it was not the same detection through their bond but the natural sense from the Force. A deep ache settled in his chest as he avoided from looking in his Master?s gaze, drawing nearer only because his mind was too petrified to order his feet to stop.

?Obi-Wan.?

Qui-Gon?s voice was more of a statement, but there was a choaked quality that caused Obi-Wan to look up. He expected anger, fury, even disgust, but what he found brought his thudding heart to an abrupt halt. A deep hurt shone brightly in those familiar, fatherly eyes, but there was also a clear understanding and regret there.

And it seemed for a moment that Qui-Gon was going to say more to him, perhaps even wrap Obi-Wan in a tight hug, but the Jedi Master simply gestured into the room. ?In there.?

Disappointment washed over Obi-Wan before he realized its source. Somehow, he?d envisioned his Master to welcome him with open arms, assure him that everything was all right and there was no need to worry. It was a ridiculous hope, and Obi-Wan felt angry with himself. He?d left, had he not? It was his choice, his decision, and Qui-Gon had every right to hate him.

Yet there hadn?t been any hatred or bitterness there, only a deep sadness and pain.

Which made it even harder.

Obi-Wan dropped his gaze and quickly hurried into the room. The white floor and walls glared at him, and he blinked in slight confusion as droids and nurses bustled around monitors, clouding his view of the elevated bed. It seemed as if they were finishing some procedure and were cleaning up. Ignoring him, they trickled from the room, leaving only the droid to watch the monitors. It was then that he saw her, clad in the plain hospital gown, her head propped up on several pillows, wet hair dark and spilling against the white.

The blue eyes, clouded with fright and pain turned to him, quickly clearing as her face lit up. ?Obi-Wan!?

Without another second of hesitation, he was at her side, covering her mouth with his, washing her face with frantic kisses. Between each kiss, he managed to cry out ?I love you? before being quickly trapped again by her lips. Finally, he pulled away, his left hand pushing away damp hair from her sweaty face as the other gripped her left hand. While her cheeks were flushed, her complexion seemed paler and more hollow. ?H-how is everything?? he croaked out.

?Lovely,? Cali muttered, sounding much weaker than he would have liked. Again, his heart was thumping so loud against his chest she must have been able to hear it. ?They had to turn the baby because he wasn?t positioned right.? A wobbly smile struggled on her lips. ?But everything will be okay now.?

Obi-Wan didn?t trust himself to speak. He bowed his head to kiss her forehead, taking deep breaths to calm himself. Cali?s fear swelled around him, but she was trying hard to be brave. He didn?t think he had the reserve to even put on a brave face.

Cali reached up to cradle his cheek, her eyes wet. ?I love you, Obi-Wan. I hate seeing you hurt because of me. I had to go to the Temple

15. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Wonderful posts. :)

16. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    *dramatic music*

It's time for the Qui & Obi Talk!!
    Oooo..this should be good!

17. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Amidolee, those posts were awesome!!!

I loved Kit's . ?And break some of Qui?s fingers while you?re at it.? He acted more than deserving of that. Cali's labor is excelent portrayed and real and I hungrily look forward to the conversation between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

18. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Awesome job, Ami :D I was present when my sister gave birth, and your descriptions are very real. Now bring on this conversation!

Ps: I symphatize with you on the heat; it's pretty toasty here in IL too.

19. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    =*=*=*=*=
    *=*=*=*=*

Qui-Gon watched as Obi-Wan whispered something to Cali and getting one last kiss before slowly turning to him. The young man did not meet his eye, but continued to study the floor, his anxiety radiating through the Force. If Qui-Gon allowed himself to succumb to his old habit of being defensive and cold, he would have turned around and expected Obi-Wan to follow him. But there was no place for that here and now. What Obi-Wan needed was support and a friend right now.

Qui-Gon placed a hand on Obi-Wan?s shoulder, causing the boy to jump, startled. Crystal blue eyes stared up at him, obviously uncertain and confused. Qui-Gon managed a small smile of reassurance. There would be no lecture, only what needed to be said. ?Let?s go into the hall,? he said, quietly.

Obi-Wan nodded mutely, allowing Qui-Gon to guide him into the white halls. A row of orange-cushioned chairs that did nothing but trick the weary passerby into a hard seat sat along the wall. Qui-Gon motioned for them to sit, wincing slightly. Obi-Wan stared blindly at the blank wall across the aisle, his lips pressed thin and colorless, his posture ramrod and stiff. Qui-Gon made himself as comfortable as he could, letting his body relax into the hard chair and endure the torture. After a long minute of silence, he spoke. ?I?m not going to lecture you, Obi-Wan. Nor am I going to yell.?

Obi-Wan?s eyes flicked towards him and the tension eased slightly. Shoulders hunched, Obi-Wan began studying his hands, which rested in his lap.

Usually Obi-Wan would have confessed everything to Qui-Gon and admitted all that he felt, or Qui-Gon would have known through their bond. Now it was like speaking with a stranger, or someone he?d known years ago. There was no special way of knowing how to get around Obi-Wan?s defenses, and he could not order an explanation. There was a way to get through this wound between them, and it meant that it would have to be him that opened up first.

?I admit,? Qui-Gon said slowly, ?that I was a bit . . . shocked . . . when Cali-Ana showed up.? Obi-Wan turned his head slightly, but did not turn a full or steady gaze on him. ?I said some things to her that I shouldn?t have. When she told me the full story . . . about you being the . . . father . . .I wouldn?t believe it. I?d be lying to say if I was not very angry with you at the time.?

?You had the right to be,? Obi-Wan said softly, his eyes lowered still.

?That is true. But it does not excuse my behavior.? Qui-Gon paused, watching Obi-Wan intently. ?I should not have doubted your reasons for doing what you did. Love is a very powerful emotion, but I suppose it is beyond mere feeling. You have strong loyalties Obi-Wan, and you do not abandon those you care about. It isn?t a disobedient or sinful quality.

?I?ve seen you shut out emotion and not trust your feelings after Melida/Daan,? he went on. ?I am glad you began to trust yourself again??

Qui-Gon was interrupted by Obi-Wan?s harsh laugh. ?You?re *glad*??

?I?m not thrilled of how this resulted,? Qui-Gon corrected him. ?This is partially my fault.? His next words came much more slowly and carefully, as it was painful to realize his own faults. ?I neglected you. Perhaps if I?d been more attentive, things would not have escalated so. I apologize for this, Obi-Wan.?

Obi-Wan was staring at him, eyes darkening. ?You blame yourself for my stupidity??

?No. I blame myself for not being a better Master.?

Obi-Wan turned away again, tension evident through his jawline.

Qui-Gon leaned back into his chair and reached into his pocket for the river stone. To his surprise, there was a hint of warmth and energy under his touch. Taking out the stone, he found tiny sparks of red and gold within the black, opaque globe. Running his hands over it, he said, ?What hurts, Obi-Wan, is that you didn?t trust me enough to tell me.?

Slowly, Obi-Wan turned his head, eyes glistening as he saw the stone. Paling, he looked at the wall. Knowing that he was no longer part to t

20. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    Great posts, Ami! Sorry I've missed the last few, but it's nice to have something to read when I get home.

I love your descriptions of Cali's labor - very realistic, I can assure you! :D I also like how understanding she is about Qui and Obi's need to talk. I wouldn't let my husband go anywhere - I was determined that he would be as miserable as I was (at least until the anesthesiologist showed up).

My two cents - angsty ending! Obi torture is great!

21. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh boy, I'm sitting here in tears...

That was beautiful Amidolee. There is nothing like angst followed by mush for the boys and you do it in a most spectacular way!!! :) :)

22. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  23. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Wow...thanks for letting me know you posted :D

That was a wonderful post! It was nice to see Qui rationalizing about feeling love for his son, and Obi doing the same. *sigh*

24. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Well, I'm going to try to wrap this up by tomorrow, so it's another posting spree. Hopefully the AC repairman can fix the stupid thing so I'm not baking myself or melting while I write.

25. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I love postin sprees :D Excellent posts, all. I loved The Obi-QUi talk, the mush between Cali and Obi... *Grin* Though the baby is still worrying me! Post soon, Ami!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.