main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Consequence of Love" a USJS AU of Cali & Obi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Mar 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  2. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Wow, great post, Ami :D Obi nad Ane talking was my favorite part, it's nice that Obi-Wan had someone to talk to, even if Ane behaved like a true male ;)

Poor Cali, I hope she gets to tell Obi-Wan soon..

aa :)

3. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    The next post is long and between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. That's tomorrow night!

I'll be up at my dad's this weekend, so I've not clue as to how much I'll get done or not.

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I had this post planned out in my head a certain way, but Qui-Gon went about it his own way and I had no control. I think it worked out better than I had first imagined! So, tell me what you think, please!

=*=*=*=*=
    *=*=*=*=*

The soft, barely audible sigh seemed to shatter the walls. Qui-Gon suppressed a groan and stood from his meditative position and turned towards the entrance of the apartment where Obi-Wan was dragging himself through the door. Ever since the Angli girl had gone off to Alderaan two days ago, Obi-Wan had been in a melancholy mood. Actually, Qui-Gon thought irritably, his Padawan?s disposition had not even caught his attention until Kithera and several other Masters had inquired about the boy?s health.

If Obi-Wan was having troubles, Qui-Gon had reasoned for quite some time, he would certainly talk to his own Master about it! As far as he had known, Obi-Wan was happy that he had more time to himself and a little independence. It was what his apprentice had always begged for, and when Jane had been added to the household, Qui-Gon had had no choice put to bless the young man. Yet the Jedi Master had begun to wonder if he had given Obi-Wan too much independence. Would he have known about his relationship with Cali-Ana if it had not been for Jane?s slip of mouth? He certainly hadn?t mentioned anything about her before.

The long lecture afterwards had set them at odds, but it hadn?t been anything serious. Obi-Wan had promised him that he would obey the rules, and Qui-Gon believed him without a doubt. If anything, Obi-Wan was more loyal than some of the most dedicated Masters. It wasn?t the continuing relationship with Cali that bothered him, but the fact that it had been weeks since he and Obi-Wan had truly talked. The last serious conversation had been during the aftermath of his and Kithera?s joke. Granted, Qui-Gon was ashamed with his rather foolish behavior, but Obi-Wan had confessed his true feelings of jealousy of his attention to Jane, and had also revealed that he loved Cali.

Qui-Gon had not a clue if the girl returned Obi-Wan?s love or if he had even told her. Maybe it was time for another deep talk. //Not that I?m enthusiastic about it// he grumbled silently.

?Good afternoon, Padawan,? Qui-Gon greeted pleasantly.

Obi-Wan glanced up distractedly. ?Oh. ?Afternoon, Master.?

As his apprentice turned for his room, Qui-Gon frowned and called, ?How about another sparing session, Obi-Wan??

?Sure, I guess. I thought you?d be with Knight Rinani or something.? Obi-Wan?s tone was colorless and flat, as if he carried no opinion of he suggestion. This worried Qui-Gon even further.

?Sit down, Obi-Wan,? he ordered gently. Slowly, the boy turned and sat on the small sofa, looking up imploringly. Qui-Gon sat down beside him, suddenly at a loss. With his first Padawan being female, he had been happy to be protective. It had been easy, since she had been incredibly shy of the opposite gender. Xanatos had been overly enthusiastic and Qui-Gon had endured more than one migrane from him. Obi-Wan had also contributed to many gray hairs, but he had never been difficult to speak with once Qui-Gon had allowed himself to trust and love the young Jedi.

Still, talking of relationships and matters of the heart had never been simple for him. Scratching his beard, Qui-Gon finally spoke. ?Something is troubling you, Obi-Wan.?

The Jedi Master expected half-hearted denial, but Obi-Wan merely shrugged helplessly. ?Yes, Master.?

?And you didn?t come to me about it??

Obi-Wan?s crystal blue eyes clouded as he heard the slight hurt in Qui-Gon?s voice. He turned away and muttered something over his shoulder. The Jedi Master leaned closer. ?What??

Another sigh. Obi-Wan straightened and forced himself to look at Qui-Gon. ?I didn?t think I could.?

?Why not? I am your Master, Obi-Wan. I?m here for counsel.?

A guilty, shamed look crossed his Padwan?s features. ?I?m sorry, Master. It?s just that . . . well, lately you?ve been busy.?

This time,

5. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
    The post was fine.

Great post. :)

6. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Awwww cute post Ami!!! But sad :(

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    [face_plain] Stupid editing time limit! It should be "shouldn't let your training falter" not "should let it falter" [face_blush]

8. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    That's what I thought, so I read it that way. :D Don't sweat it. I miss UBB!!!

9. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Awww...that was sad!
    Poor everyone!

10. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Ooh, this is getting good! I love how all these original characters are nice and fleshed out, and Obi's worry is just too cute and heartbreaking for words. Thank you for a wonderfully angsty story, Ami - - though somehow I have this feeling it's going to get sadder... ;) (I hope not, I want them all to live happily ever after...)

Favorite quotes from the story so far:

?I can see it now,? Obi-Wan sighed, throwing the towel over his shoulder. ?It?s my knighting ceremony and you ruffle my hair and pinch my cheek.?

?That would hardly be formal, but I can speak with Master Yoda about it.?

(This is hilarious... I can imagine that, too...)

"Remember, your pain is mine??

(Obi is SO sweet!)

?Uh-huh.? Jamis cracked his knuckles thoughtfully. ?You know, I think he was jealous for a moment, until you called me your cousin.?

(This is just funny!)

If she was a baby, she wouldn?t want to be called Butterscotch or Fudge, nor Fufu...

(ditto... such introspective thoughts we have...)

?Maybe those Jedi are growing on me.? //Or in me//

(he heh)

But it's been a busy day and I like procrastinating ((blame JMMJ because she's the one who taught me it))

:)b to you too :))

...the midget woman from a planet that had been destroyed by a suicidal comet.

(This is a great descriptive phrase. ;))

Awesome as usual - could not find one fault with this. Thank you for writing it and fulfilling the needs of all Obi/Cali fans throughout the world! :D

:hugs to Ami so that tomorrow goes better than today:

11. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Your getting very close Qui-Gon! :( You're very close to getting a confession. How long can Obi-Wan last??? It's got to be killing him!

Part of me is waiting for the bomb to drop, the other part is getting Reagan's "Star Wars plan" (bomb destroyers) ready!!

12. Jeedai

Jeedai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    I had a way planned out for Obi's discovery, but now I have an even more evil plan [face_devil] Hehehehe . . . . [face_mischief]

Well, I'm going to be gone tonight and Friday . . . so when a post comes, I can't really tell you. I'll give you all the heads-up when I'm about to!

Well, if today goes as the rest of the week, I'll probably die in a car bombing or be run over by an ambulance. If not that, I'll be poisoned by a whopper sandwich . . .

And I really need to write for AND . . . Stupid Skywalkers are stalling me :( I'll get them! Hahahaha! Anyway. *cough*

MJ!!! :D You should be proud of how you've converted me, young lady! You know that story I was reading during IM last night? In the middle of the big climatic battle between Obi and that evil Zima witch that holds poor Liana captive . . . AND THE MOM KICKS ME OFF! X(

So was my night lovely, or what? Along with everything else :( I'm going on strike from RL.

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Wow. Very intense post with Qui and Obi. That really brought back memories of my own childhood and my childrens with ?You just don?t understand, Master."

I dread the day my daughter's heart gets broken for the first time. :(

Very well written Amidolee!

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Wow, has this been a long and busy day or what? To complement a long and busy week, I had therapy and a perm, not to mention an English project and Spanish translations! :eek:

Tho my week was horrible, I feel wonderful after my perm :D It's amazing what a new hair style can do for a girl :p

Well, this looks to be a busy weekend, but I'm going to maybe put my bed in front my door so no one can get to me this weekend! I need to post for AND so badly and need to write for this thread.

Ugh! [face_plain] :) What am I to do? God, I need a vacation from RL, okeyday?

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I posted on AND, so you'll have one tomorrow.

16. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    K, this post is long but unmiraculous. basically, it's to past time and lead up to the big bomb stuff that's going to drop soon.

Chapter Five

The Delmine home was plagued with chaos, laughter, and fun. It seemed that Yiona was in her element during the hosting night at the large residence. Cali, having only a met a small few of Jamis? friends previous this visit, was astonished of the constant flow of well-wishers and friends. Yiona kept everything in order without misplacing a graying hair; she was in the kitchen, in the parlors, out on the terrace.

Cali herself was swept away in the festivities. Every day was busy and full of activities and appointments, and every night she collapsed into her bed to fall into a deep, dreamless sleep. She welcomed the relentless schedule for it distracted her from her own personal problems. Jamis was fun and lively, clearing basking in all of the catered attention.

So, it was after the enormous banquets and dinners that Cali found a lull. Tomorrow would be the actual ceremony and then the night of free-riding at the theme park in Alderaa. The house was finally empty of guests and seemed impossibly big to her.

The evening breeze was warm and gentle, caressing the white lace curtains of her room. Exhausted and worn, Cali sank down onto the bed and stared out the window. Slowly, she began to reclaim herself. It wasn?t a pleasant experience, but she was too tired to really care if she sank into a self-pitying depression.

It had been fun to dress in stylish clothes and joke around with other teenagers. Jamis had fun friends and no one really knew who she truly was. No one knew of her Force-sensitivity or Obi-Wan or her problem. She was just Cat, Jamis little cousin.

There had been too many people to keep straight and Cali had found herself lonely. It surprised her of just how much she counted on seeing Obi-Wan?s warm smile and Sifa?s mindless gossip, even Ruj?s off-hand remarks and teasing. They were all back on Coruscant, studying and training, her absence having no effect on their lives other than Obi-Wan worrying and moping.

Cali?s throat ached with guilt. Obi-Wan deserved so much more than what she gave him. It was purely by accident that he?d fallen in love with her, and she wanted to curse herself for allowing it to happen. Of course, she?d fought it as much as she could, but when she had let her guard down, disaster had struck. She didn?t deserve his patience or love, and neither did he deserve the treatment he was getting.

Yet how could she burden him with this?

*Your pain is mine, remember?*

Cali squeezed her eyes shut. No, he didn?t need this pain. Oh, why couldn?t he just leave her? Why couldn?t he be like a normal jerk and dump her after a fight? Why wasn?t he leaving her after he knew she was avoiding him? It would be so much easier if he was just angry with her and left her, yet she knew that his worry and love overrode anger. And deep down, she knew that he wouldn?t leave her.

Which was why she was so afraid.

A gentle knock on the door startled her. Cali rolled over and saw Jamis standing in the threshold, finally looking as if the week had caught up with him. Quickly, she sat up and rubbed her cheeks. ?Hey.?

?Hey yourself,? Jamis replied, lightly punching her shoulder as he sat down beside her on the bed. A hand raked through his curls and he yawned before flopping backward, causing the bed to bounce. ?What are you up to??

?Oh, nothing really. Just absorbing everything now that I have the chance.? Cali picked at the hem of her shirt. ?What?s the plan for tonight??

Jamis yawned again, not even bothering to hide it. After his gaping mouth closed, he sighed. ?Oh, I convinced mom that just inviting a few of my friends over would be fine. Just Randall, Moose, Nimmy, and Duke. We?ll probably play fooze ball or something.?

?A quiet night??

?Fairly.?

?Good. I don?t think I can take much more of this.? Cali flopped down on her back and cross her hands over her stomach. She bitterl

17. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Hehehe cute post Ami!!! I love how Jamis and Cali interact, and his nicknames for her. And I can't *wait* For the bomb to be dropped!!! Daddy Obi-Darling!!! ;)

18. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
  19. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I think there's one post before we tag along with Obi for some snooping adventures [face_mischief]

20. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    I suppose I can wait a little bit longer. After all, I don't want this story to end too soon. ;)

21. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    I really like the relationship btwn. Jamis and Cali. It really makes me want an older brother like him.

Nice post Amidolee!

22. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    I like how you depict the life of teen Jedi.

More?

23. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Here is a big long post for you all!

=*=*=*=*=
    *=*=*=*=*

Never had sorting through files been such a tedious, worthless task to Lina Elani. Before, she had always resigned herself to the chore because it helped her Master and usually allowed for some quiet conversation between them ask they worked. But today she wished she were anywhere but in Master Leona?s office . . . perhaps on another planet with someone else . . .

The young healer quickly clenched her teeth together in frustration. It had been *her* choice to stay with the Jedi Order after all, and she was not going to pout now. She would not lower herself down to second thoughts, there was a reason why she had refused Cassel?s marriage proposal, the title of governess, and a planet. She was a Jedi, no matter how much her Master and the Council had lied to her, how much pain they had caused. It would only be time before she regretted a decision to stay with Cassel.

Still, there were many seconds of every minute that she doubted her choice.

Like right now. Master Leona was attending patients and also bustling around her desk. Usually there were words exchanged during these intervals, but now it was simply a soft order and then nothing for the entire afternoon. Leona would enter the office, take notes, file, update something on the computer terminal, then leave again. Lina hadn?t made a single effort to make conversation, nor had she done much to acknowledge her Master?s presence.

Deep down, Lina was ashamed of herself, but the betrayed hurt and bitter reminder kept her at bay. She would watch the small Jedi Healer from the corner of her eye, and she saw how much this silence pained Leona. It was almost enough to make Lina rush to her Master?s arms.

Almost.

Lina sighed and blinked, rubbing her eyes as she set to her latest task of the day. While all patient files were kept electronically, An-Paj had also insisted that paper documents, tangible records in case of malfunction or meddling, must also be kept up to date. Each Master Healer had their own personal set of files, the electronic files, the admission files, copies of all files, and supply files. The cabinets holding the flimsy files were becoming damaged with age, and An-Paj had happily set the task of removing files from old cabinets to the new on her. //The joys of being an apprentice// Lina thought darkly as she eyed the unlocked cabinet.

It seemed to be begging for lightsaber abuse.

Before Lina could ponder this notion, the door opened once again. Leona entered, a hopeful but cautious light in her eyes. Lina kept her expression flat and emotionless. Her Master folded her hands, accepting the situation before speaking, ?That stack on the corner of my desk can go into my personal files,? she said quietly, pointing to the crisp folders. The small woman paused, as if searching for more words, but she finally nodded and left.

Lina felt drained as she turned to the questioned stack. She hated this silence as much as she hated being tested by the Council. She hated everything about these past few days, and at the moment she didn?t care if Yoda spieled about hate leading to the dark side.

The dark hair girl sat heavily down in the comfortable chair, pulling the folder stack towards her. She?d have to sort them in her Master?s numerical and alphabetical order.

In her mind-numbing boredom, Lina suddenly paused. The personal file of Cali-Ana Angli was now in her hand. Lina knew not to snoop, hated snooping, and even made it one of her missions of not to pay attention to a patients file other than when she was helping them, but she couldn?t slip the folder into its rightful place either. The folder had recently been accessed. Cali-Ana?s file would not have needed to be updated since her last visit the other week, so why would her Master be keeping it on her desk?

Lina remembered the redheaded girl?s nervous manner when she?d been caught in the terminal. She recalled Obi-Wan?s worry and complaining of Cali not talking to him, and Leona?s quit dis

24. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Uh oh.... Obi knows! Wahoo! Poor guy though, and Lina and Cali! That should show him to save the naughty stuff for marriage. ;) I can't wait for more Ami!

25. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Okay, I would get more upset about Obi-Wan using such a dirty trick to get a look at the file but I think his enlightenment is punishment enough for the time being.

I can't wait for his reaction post Amidolee!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.