main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Consequence of Love" a USJS AU of Cali & Obi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Mar 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Heads UP!!!!

What's Obi-Wan going to do now??? If he's going to pass out in fear, he's in the right place!! [face_devil]

2. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Wonderful post. :)

3. Jeedai

Jeedai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    Ugh . . . Mondays . . . *rolls over on computer desk and falls asleep, ignoring screaming teacher*

Well, I've got more posts written, so when I get home I'll post. :)

4. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    =*=*=*=*=
    *=*=*=*=*

There was an odd buzzing in his ears and his eyes stung. He blinked rapidly and squinted at the neat print, his eyes tearing frantically over the chart, double-checking everything. He blinked again. Nothing changed.

It was the scattering of the flimsies snapped Obi-Wan from his brief moment of stupor. Slowly, painfully dragging, his eyes dropped to the mess at his booted feet. He stared dumbly, unaware of his surroundings and not really caring if he looked like a fool. The white sheets seemed to dance before his eyes, but he could not become mobile and move away from the painful strain on his eyes. He felt burned, stupid, crazed, sick . . .

A gentle pressure at his elbow alerted Obi-Wan to Lina?s presence. He didn?t turn to his older friend but continued to his muteness. The slender healer spoke softly as she rested a hand on his arm. ?I?m sorry, Obi-Wan.?

Obi-Wan could not respond, could not get his mind or mouth to work. Lina gracefully stooped to the floor and began gathering the flimsies in a hasty rush, managing to crumple a few corners as she shoved the files into the folder. Numbly, Obi-Wan dropped to his knees to help, his fingers burning at the contact of the sheets. Cautiously, he picked up the incriminating piece and forced himself to look again.

Pregnant.

Still.

There had to be some mistake! Obi-Wan took a deep breath and tore his gaze to Lina?s compassionate dark eyes. ?There?s a mistake,? he whispered frantically. ?The files must have been accidentally switched or misplaced or?? The healer shook her head slowly. Obi-Wan shook his head furiously as he shoved the offending file at his friend. ?This is ridiculous!?

The older Padawan pressed her lips together and stood slowly, nervously rubbing her braid. ?Obi-Wan . . .? dark eyes darted to the curious patients and observers anxiously. ?I think we should talk about this somewhere else.?

The younger Padawan nodded and quickly took her forcefully by the elbow, pulling her into one of the private, curtained areas in a deserted area of the infirmary. Lina sat the folder on the empty bed and then sat herself down, shoulders rigid as Obi-Wan continued to stand. Sweat was already glistening on Obi-Wan?s forehead as he ran a hand through his short-cropped head.

Obi-Wan took a short breath and turned to Lina. ?This is crazy!? he cried in a harsh whisper. ?Cali is sick, not pr-p-well she isn?t!? This was too ridiculous to even address! He didn?t even want to *hear* it.

Lina?s red lips pressed together, a healer expression on her face. ?It is. I assume that is why she was dizzy and feeling sick.? She paused, frowning slightly. ?Do you want her to be sick??

?NO!? Sapphire eyes flashed before dimming in woe. ?I would never want that. But, Lina, this can?t be. I mean, it just doesn?t happen??

Obi-Wan suddenly sat hard on the bed, feeling a tight, suffocating cold wash over him. His throat constricted and the cold was pierced with a white-hot pain, hardening, unable to melt and unable to warm.

Obi-Wan?s silence was deafening. Lina debated whether to speak or not, but she hated silences and couldn?t imagine what must be going through her friend?s mind. ?I just found out a few minutes before you did. Leona kept it a secret . . .? she trailed off as Obi-Wan trembled.

He was beyond belief, beyond rationality. He wanted to shake Lina until she denied it, wanted to tear up the file and burn it, but through this he felt a calm, sensible presence that said it would not change things. But what was there to change? Cali wasn?t . . . wasn?t like that. It was simply some cruel joke, someone?s idea of fun. His Cal wasn?t pre?preg . . . she wasn?t! He wouldn?t even think of the word, much less say it.

?Obi-Wan?? Lina whispered. ?Please say something!?

?What do you want me to say?? came the hoarse reply.

?I don?t know . . .? Lina bit her lip and squeezed Obi-Wan?s shoulders.

Obi-Wan?s eyes were suddenly burning into hers, his hands gripping her shoulders painfully

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy....

I can't help but find it surprising that even Obi would immediately think it wasn't his. Ok I know Cali's been acting strange with him but his first thought????

Excellent post Amidolee, just excellent!!! :)

6. MasterJenn

MasterJenn Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2001
    Me too, HL....can't wait until he stupidly goes up to Cali and asks who the father is...that would certainly set her off :)

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Well, Lina sort of implied that she thought Cali was cheating on him.

It'll sink in. I might post the next part tonight.

8. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
    Wonderful post. :)

9. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I was thinking the same thing Lina! Of course it couldn't possibly be Obi-Darlings fault. (Such a man. ;)) How could you leave us like this, Ami? Please post more!

10. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I have no willpower!

Chapter Six

The soft singing of the springs and fountains of the large chamber served as a calming blanket over a troubled Jedi, but it did nothing to soothe Obi-Wan as he paced along the rocky bank of an all-too-familiar, all-too-precious cove. His skin felt hot and his breath came in ragged rhythms, yet he did not stop to rest or find his calm center. He was beyond that now.

Escaped from people and the cruel reality of the Temple, Obi-Wan immersed himself first in the shock and denial, then once again slowly digested everything as he had in the infirmary. This time, that cold, unfeeling demon did not appear, but in its place was a hurting boy. The anger had died in face of his breaking heart, and he wanted desperately to once again be protected behind that demon. There hadn?t been feeling, just a malicious acceptance and anger.

Somehow, this betrayal, this proof that everyone had been right and he wrong about love, had come easier than he might have expected. He?d known for days that Cali didn?t love him the same way he did her, he had painfully known that the end was in sight, that her return would mark the beginning of his insanity. It seemed so clear, so logical to him. He?d almost been able to swallow the pain and hurt inside of him, concentrating on wanting to still help Cali. It had kept him from demise, but what about now?

All that he could think about was how he had been foolish, how Cali had hurt him, or how she had been hurt by someone else. When had it happened? Who had done this to her? Had she willingly betrayed his love or had someone forced her? Anger threatened to overcome him. If she had been raped, he would kill the bastard. He didn?t care if it was the dark side, didn?t care if he would lose the Jedi because of it.

Yet there was that possibility that she had willingly slept with this unknown enemy. His heart quaked. Which was worse? Her betraying him or being hurt by someone else? Did he want it to be betrayal, or did he ill wish her because he couldn?t bear losing her? //Force, I don?t know!//

He was treading the very spot where they had made love, where he had completely and utterly lost his entire being to her. The air still spoke of memories, of that power that had overcome him, that precious night where all had been revealed to each other. He only had to close his eyes and he would find himself lying beside her, hands and eyes completely lost with her. Everything had changed that night.

How could she betray him after that? After he had seen inside of her heart and soul, after so many kisses? Did it not mean anything to her? Had it been some lie?

No, he had seen inside of her. There hadn?t been any lies, only a power stronger than the Force itself guiding them. No one could fake that, not even Cali. He had felt each harsh touch by the other men and had devoured the bitter remembrance with his own love, crushing her fear and conquering it with his love.

Five weeks . . . Cali hadn?t been outside of the Temple in seven. Then who? Had she been cheating on him with another Padawan? A Knight? A *Master*? Was there someone amongst them who did not have honor? Obi-Wan couldn?t imagine another Jedi betraying him like this. Wouldn?t he have known, through gossip or through the bond he shared with Cali?

She had been so open and happy up until a few days ago. Their bond had grown stronger with each day, even without physical love, and he sensed any deception from her.

The WHO? Who had done this to her? Who had slept with her in the past five weeks?

Obi-Wan?s blood ran cold.

A bird squawked as he sank to his knees in the grass, keeling over and moaning. He had made love to Cali a little more than five weeks ago. He had kissed her, held her, caressed her, loved her. Was that why he couldn?t sense any deception from her up until that day she had visited the infirmary? Was that why she was suddenly distant? Had he done this? Had he hurt her?

?No . . .? Obi-Wan sobbed, rocking back and forth as he

11. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    OoOOooo *phew* Obi is being a Darling again! And it most certainly is his baby. That was really well written Ami! I just have to wonder how Qui-Gon will take this, woe woe woe be unto Obi-dearest. :D I can't wait. (Am I evil, or what?)

12. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
    Another great post. :)

13. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Like HL, I too was rather shocked that Obi-Wan would automatically assume at first that he would not be the father. I mean, Lina thinking that Cali would cheat on Obi-Wan was surprising enough but Obi-Wan as well? Good thing the kid was lucid enough later to figure it out.

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Lina wouldn't think that Obi would break the rules. And Obi-Wan's convinced himself that she doesn't love him.

15. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Phew. Good thing you had Obi realize it was him, Ami, because I was about to slap him over the head and yell, "Do you have AMNESIA?" in his ear. I swear, if he confronts Cali and says, "So, who did you sleep with?" I'm giving him the official BOOB award. ;) For insensitivity and for the retard factor. :)

I must say, that was an excellent way for him to find out. :D I liked Lina's involvement and ethical dilemma - very well written. Also enjoyed Obi's problems with responsibility. Excellent... *rubs hands together*

Okay, now I've got everyone in my family mad at me for hogging th computer, but they're just going to have to deal with it... I think I'll blame it on Ami... ;)

16. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    *Reads the responses above and laughs*

JMMJ - You just cracked me up!

"Who was with her in the last five weeks?"
    HELLO!!!! *Whacks Obi upside his thick head.*

Beautifully written, Ami!

17. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Ugh, I have a post written for tonight, but not sure if I'll rewrite it or not :\ And I have therapy, too, so it may be late posting tonight if I do rewrite it. :(

JMMJ--tell them it's for a good cause! :)

18. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    K, I guess this post is kinda weird, but I wrote it late at night and don't have the patience or gumption to do a rewrite cuz I wanna get on to other things, so here it is. Flay me if you must!

Oh, yes, also, we're going to fight a war against Darth Real Life and his minions!! Who is with me? Yay or nay? ((Which one means yes? Yay. YAY!!!)

:)

=*=*=*=*=
    *=*=*=*=*

The Royal Crest Theme Park was packed with celebrating graduates and their family and friends. The night sky was aglow with neon lights and holo-images, shrieks of enjoyment occasionally split the air, and there was a chant from one of the game booths.

Dressed in a short skirt that Yiona had picked out and a light top, Cali shivered slightly as a breeze passed through the Grand Avenue as Jamis bought her some cotton candy. Yiona was conversing with a fellow parent and Jamis? friends were busy counting tokens. Someone pumped her from behind but she hardly noticed. She felt so alone, so small and miserable. Jamis hadn?t seemed to notice her quiet manner, too busy enjoying his moment of glory.

Her attractive cousin gave a gleeful cackle as he turned to her with the blue sweet. ?I say we make a bet tonight, Cat.?

?Oh?? Cali eyed the candy worriedly. Should she be eating such junk food? Would it harm the baby? She glanced at her thumbnail, wondering if such an amount of sugar would harm such a tiny being. She knew the ?eating for two? scenario was not quite yet in place, but she still agonized over eating anything that wasn?t nutritious. //I?ve seen lots of pregnant women eat sweets, and I bet their kids came out fine//

Jamis raised an eyebrow at her hesitation. ?I thought you liked cotton candy.?

?Um, I just don?t eat too many sweets anymore,? Cali mumbled.

Jamis reached for the treat. ?Okay, I?ll eat it then, or Randy will.?

The tall, blonde boy glanced up from where he had been tickling his girlfriend Nimmy. ?You rang??

?No, it?s fine,? Cali said, feeling her cheeks turn red.

?Are you sure? You?ve been acting funny all week.?

?Have I?? Cali bit her lip anxiously. She sighed under Jamis? concerned gaze. ?It?s just because I?m tired.?

To her dismay, Jamis shook his head and turned away. It meant that he was going to interrogate her until she confessed later, but he would not with his friends with him. Both grateful and irritated, she followed him back to the awaiting group. She didn?t mind Jamis? friends that much; Nimmy, a pretty musician, and Randall were an item and both were quite easy to talk to; Duke was a Coruscant native with a diplomatic family, quiet but nice; and Moose was a auburn-haired Corellian with a taste for women. She?d learned this through his comments and the way he eyed her.

His brown-eyed gaze always made her uncomfortable, but he hadn?t really done anything but look. She hadn?t even noticed it really until Nimmy had whispered to her while setting up the foose ball table. Moose was interested and she had better watch herself, Nimmy had warned, but he probably wouldn?t move on his interest.

?What rides should we do first?? Randall asked, flipping his blonde ponytail over his shoulder as he put an arm around Nimmy?s slim waist.

Jamis studied the guide in his palm before answering. ?There?s the skywheel. I don?t think it?ll have much of a line yet. We can take the coasters and water rides a bit later.?

?Don?t forget the booths,? Moose grinned smugly. ?We still have a bet, Kalico.?

The dark hair boy smirked and tucked the guide in his pockets, tossing curls from his eyes as he appraised his friend. ?It?s payback this year.?

Moose laughed and cracked his knuckles before slapping Jamis on the back. ?Sure, my friend. I believe you.?

?The rides, eh?? Jamis muttered, leading the way to the gigantic skywheel looming above them.

Cali shared her cotton candy with Nimmy as they waited in line. Her mind drifted back to the night before and then the long ceremony. No matter how elaborate or boisterous the partying, the actual graduation cere

19. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    so close but not there just there. you're almost there, jamis. don't be like obi-wan and just give up.

20. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
  21. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    When is poor Qui-Gon going to find out?? :( I hope it's soon!! [face_devil] Yes, I can be very evil sometimes! [face_devil]

22. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Awww good post Ami! :D I am glad you fight DRL, it is an evil force that must be conquered!

23. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Ami, there's nothing tomato-worthy in that one. On the contrary, it was very creative and well thought out.

*Evil grin*

So when does Qui-Gon and Ruj find out?

24. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Okay, now there needs to be more. I want to know if she's going to tell Jamis!! BTW, Ami, I like Jamis. He's sweet to Cali. :D Keep him around...

I hope Cali feels better! Poor girl is going to start realizing the ramifications of all this pregnancy stuff more physically. :( Obi has to come comfort her soon!

Like I said, I need more, but I'll be very polite and sweet about it for now.. *puppy eyes* Pleeease?? :)

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I loved the way Obi-Wan finally figured out the truth. It seemed to take time but he finally got there. Very real in his thoughts of whether or not he would prefer reality of the thought Cali betrayed him.

Moose is a pig! I wish Jamis would mop the floor with him and yes she almost told him.

Now we've got double the angst going. Great job Amidolee! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.