main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference The Conspiracy Club (The Crossing OOC)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by LordTroepfchen, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Yeah, he likes his knife from behind his victim. Really not the fair play guy ... but dangerous. Beta ... a teleporter. Guess we controls his own position in space. But he seems limited. After jumping to New York he only jumped within viewing range. Guess he needs to know where to jump or he ends up in the midst of a wall or something ...

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm. It looks like Sebastian may have gained the upper hand for the moment, but I have a feeling things are about to turn ugly... [face_worried]

3. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    It is funny how I do not have anything to do with 50% of my games finale, haha. [face_laugh] I am as unspoiled as everyone else.

At least I have New York. ;)

4. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Well, I took a hit, but we shall see This isn't over yet.

Can someone please save Mulligan? I loved that guy.

5. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    The Age of Ayshe has come to an end. Well played Fin! Well played!

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Damn...nicely done! That whole scene was amazing! =D=

And is it wrong that I feel elation over her death? :p I'm also loving the irony of her dying in the exact same way in which she had killed the President.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  7. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    That was not a coincidence [face_dancing]

HanSolo29 likes this.
  8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, since the teaser is posted, I feel it is appropriate to announce it in here as well (with LordT's blessing, of course):

A sequel is coming entitled, The Reckoning. It takes place 3 years after the events of The Crossing and will feature myself and @DarkLordoftheFins as your GMs.

I can't thank LordT enough for all of his input and for allowing us to play in his sandbox! I hope the majority of you can join us for the next installment this summer! :)

9. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Consider me in! So you will be the Irvin Keshner of Crossingverse (TM)? [face_laugh] That is great to hear. The greatest flaw of this game was, that it felt too short. ;)

Anyway, just brought myself up-to-date and amazing read!

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Alright, I already had made a mental commitment to play your game unless it was something truly outlandishly outside my wheelhouse. Considering it is a continuation of this in a way how could I refuse. ;) I'll look forward to whether I have to make a new character or not [face_laugh]

HanSolo29 and TheSithGirly like this.
  11. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Good question Mitth, can we continue our characters? Or is that to much of a reveal at this point in time?

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Haha, the Irvin Kershner of The Crossing universe? That's a good way to put it! ;)

And the goal is to stick very close to the lore that LordT came up with for the original game, so nothing outlandish! Fins and I have been working meticulously behind the scenes to ensure that. I'm really excited with what we came up with, and I can't wait for all of you to see it! It's great to have you all on board! :)

Regarding characters: Ehh...I don't think it's really a spoiler. Obviously, I don't know who will survive at this point, but if you do make it through to the end of The Crossing, you're more than welcome to continue your character into the next installment. In fact, I encourage it. But if you need a fresh start, I won't hold it against you either. That's totally up to you!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  13. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I was a little spoiled about this, but what a great idea. No matter how this ends, there is so much potential and we only scratched the surface. The Crossing was really an extremely interesting spin on the superhero genre. I look forward to the Reckoning.

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
  15. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    There is a piece of me that wants to take what is written in the thread and knock together a movie script, something I know the basics of. I don't think I'll actually do it but, it has been a thought in my head.

SirakRomar and HanSolo29 like this.
  16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    That would be awesome! The story did play out very much like a movie – you could see the scenes perfectly in your head. If you have the free time, definitely go for it! I would love to see that.

And hey, it would go nicely with the movie poster. ;)

galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  17. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Heartbreaking.

Kawin :_| That was so sad! Of all the empowered I thought he was save!

And you should write to LordT, Galactic. He is actually not a total novice to screenwriting ;) So I guess a lot of this went into the game, really. Which is why it became so cinematic!

18. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Oh yes, the movie would not even be that expensive ... anyway, I would like to hear about how you structured this game and on what principles it was run, LordT. What is the secret in being cinematic? Might also help the sequel.

Imagine what this style could do for a Star Wars game

Question to HS29 and Fins, will you start right away once The Crossing is done? Or will there be a break?

19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    The plan is to have a fairly quick turnaround time. We want to strike while the iron is hot and the story is still fresh in everyone's minds. Our goal is a May launch, but that all depends on how/when The Crossing wraps up. We'll have to wait and see how that plays out.

I will say this – the OP is pretty much complete. All that's left is a little fine-tuning. We are also following a very specific sequence outline that LordT graciously recommended, so hopefully The Reckoning will have that same cinematic feel. I would like to stay as close to the source material as possible. ;)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  20. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    I must say that scene was indeed sad. I had one of those rare "what-have-I-done" GM moments.

@TheSithGirly, I just set a number of rules and sticked to them. Was as surprised and happy as everyone when I found out it worked well for my players. But yeah, once this is over I can tell a little about what my thoughts on the game where and how it turned out. If anybody is really interested. I always feel it takes away the magic.

So once Fin is back we will probably go for the last few posts. The Crossing is almost over.

21. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    @HanSolo29 sounds excellent. I am so looking forward to see what you guys came up with!

@LordTroepfchen always interested. Share a few thoughts please.

SirakRomar likes this.
  22. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Back and ready! So combined with LordT up. Kawin broke my heart. I really hate this cowardly Beta guy, but looks like he will not be in the sequel, hehe.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  23. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Looking forward to getting at least one more post in after Fins! So glad Sebastian came back, I was having visions of Kawin taken by the FBI instead.

24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Oh I think we have a post or two ... but agreed, nice way to end it. FBI can have you later :p

25. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    So, the end is nigh. A few more posts and my final post and The Crossing will conclude. Lasted a tick over a year, actually. Man how time flies. Feels like I did the OP a few weeks ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.