main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference The Conspiracy Club (The Crossing OOC)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by LordTroepfchen, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    galactic-vagabond422 I am not bullet proof. Also you are willing to kill me and I am not willing to kill anybody. So yeah, makes me kinda nervous.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, that would be one way to explain it! [face_laugh]

On the topic of combos, I totally agree with you about it being an obsession...lol! I've been using them a lot in another game, and it's just too convenient. They're a lot of fun.

EDIT: Ugh...missed this when it rolled over to the next page.
    But how long before that changes? [face_thinking] We have a prophecy that he will lead a one-man war against the US; there are bound to be casualties by his hand (no doubt en masse). I'm curious what the tipping point is, and if it is at all connected to the event that "breaks" everything.

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle: "... I hate you all.... :p "

I hope they are REALLY careful, when going after Kyle. Since they dont know it was HIM that took out the agent. Right know Kyle is having a major delima. He dosent want to hurt anyone else. But he dosent want to die either. And here is a guy, who knew his name, telling him to kill his best friend. But he has no proof that he is the person who broke things.

Ohh... decisions, decisions. Who to believe.....?

Wait a minute......

[face_thinking]

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh man...there's so much to process in that combo!

And really, who do you believe? You have Lambs saying one thing, FLEGO (haha, I love that!) saying another, and then you have the government/professors/the Mansfield guys scheming off on their own...no wonder things get so messed up.

You're right, Fins, I don't see this ending well! :p

5. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Actually as a player I believe they are all wrong.

Well, Lambs sees me as the Bad Guy because I kill everyone. Which I was just ask by FLEGO to do. So yeah, there is something the is right about. But the sole argument of me ending the world is based on me being so powerful. Which I am not yet. My only power is so far is freezing time. That is hell of a power to use, but less of a time manipulation than Kawin or Kyle are doing, I think. Looping time for eternity to escape death, That is actually time travel! Everyone says I can do that, too. But so far I CANNOT!

Flego is no better. Someone will somehow break time? He had no idea what happens. So he plans to kill them all, including himself to make sure he avoids it. Good plan, but pretty ... fatalistic. Flego seems to be unaware of Lambs who actually messes his plan up if he stays alive.

Cale had a very solid idea with the Grandfather-Paradox. But he is wrong. Parallel timelines. You do not mess up your timeline, because you are on a new one! Too bad he is poisoning the Gov with his assumptions.

Arthur from Mansfield seems to be a few steps ahead. He also has not contacted the US Gov (basically he is a foreigner, so no surprise). Also nobody seems to talk about him. Did he not appear in past iterations? Actually Jared called him, so he must have been around. Is he a red herring by LordT who has no influence in the end? Is he the key that can change everything? Good guy? Bad guy?

And WHAT THE HELL IS FALLUDSCHA ABOUT? If I understand that right, there are another three of us? Who have been around since 2004?

Ktala and HanSolo29 like this.
  6. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yeah, it's a very tangled web at the moment. You think you're getting close to figuring it out, and then someone else throws a wrench into things to mess everything up! Looking at this from a purely IC perspective, the problem is that no one has the full picture. Our characters keep getting fed bits and pieces, and questionable decisions are being made all around. Heck, no one even knows about Kyle and Kawin's powers (aside from LEGO, in Kyle's case), and like you said, they are arguably much worse than what LEGO can do for the time being.

At this point, I think Arthur/Mansfield and Falludscha are the keys to figuring it out. But will it be too late by the time they come to the surface? Or, in Mansfield's case, will they even cooperate? Arthur seemed overly excited to meet LEGO, almost like a mad doctor meeting his creation for the first time. He didn't even seem to mind that a plane was crashing around him. I definitely have a bad feeling about him. So, in this case, I'm calling bad guy! :p

I am also really curious to see if LEGO follows through with FLEGO's advice. He seems very reluctant so far, and somewhat skeptical if it will even work, so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. Will he follow along with the plan, or try to find his own answers?

7. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Agreed that Arthur was a bit "Mad Scientist" on the plane. I wondered if he could save himself by any means if he had to, or is he just so much scientist, that his own life is not important enough in the grand scheme of things? But yeah, I also go with Bad Guy.

Concerning the Source ... puh, he is somewhere between the Villain and the Hero of this story.

Concerning the "End of the World" I wonder if that really happens. I mean for everyone. Or does FLEGO simply get trapped in the "no-time-zone"? If so, does our time progress or are we all simply frozen forever? Arguably Kyle and Kawin can do more damage with their powers, but only LEGO has the power to end time. I mean what happens if he dies while time is frozen? Does it start again or ... does it stay frozen? That is one hell of a danger.

Then again, we will soon find out what they all can do. Child abduction? Really? Does the US Gov cause the END by Kidnapping the wrong kid?

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    That's actually an interesting theory about the 'end of the world' and how that could potentially affect all of us. It's really scary when you think about it. No wonder Lambs and FLEGO seem so desperate!

Hmm...I suppose you could consider that child abduction. The President basically wants to use Kyle to save him (one of his major sticking points with the whole Antville thing is killing a child), but who knows if things will actually work out that way. TheSithGirly, after reading your latest post, it actually seems eerily similar to some of the things that played out in Falludscha. I'm seeing more and more parallels.

9. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Just what I thought ... another President made a very similar decision. Would by very cynical, but also very cool if killing all the innocents is REALLY the solution. We all assume this isn't true, because it is so tough and cruel. But this is a game from the GM of SotS and that one could be read as "human extinction is good".

I actually cannot wait to find out more ... dammit. When is the next update coming?

10. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Okay, usually I do not partake in speculation, also it is an unexpected joy to see you theorizing (and being right or wrong time and time again). But one thing I can promise. You guys obviously have the freedom to talk to who you want and about what you want, but there is a real chance all your questions will be answered. That will depend on some of you guys and girls decisions though. I don't mind a little mystery remaining though.

11. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Ha! There is more to Antville than a cool name. So, I will also try to do less combined posts now. But this one had to be ...

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow...that post is filled with all kinds of craziness.

It potentially gives a whole new context to that graffiti art as well... [face_thinking]

13. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Okay, I believe someone should go to Antville, Alaska and have a look around.

14. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Gotta date with destiny and Great Expectations

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle....wonders what will happen if he does not show up.... :p

16. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Kawin unfortunately has not yet come to that way of thinking and currently is actually kind of glad to meet the man that is indirectly responsible for saving his life and giving him some spending money to blow through in New York.

And I now need to catch up on the last two pages as a lot has happened!

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh boy...

It looks like LEGO has finally crossed the line. He's on the hunt! [face_worried]

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    CRAP!!!!
    [face_hypnotized]

[face_nail_biting]

:_|

19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, in this game you gotta bet on someone. All I did was bet on myself.

20. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    First dialogue between The Source and Kyle:

"What I did was not easy. I just want you to know. We will be friends. And I do not have too many friends. So I am sorry about what will happen next. I am very sorry about what I will do to you." He paused. "But the worst evil in the world, is probably the one that is necessary."

This could have been part of Fins last post.

I understand LEGO actually. If he is convinced that Flego tells the truth ... there IS no choice. These five people die anyway. The question is only do the other 6 billion survive. I love about the game that every character is potentially a good guy or bad guy. Is the President a power hungry psycho abducting kids to proof a point ... or is he trying to stop a psychological unstable Demi-God from taking over the world? Is Jane a faithful soldier, a mercenary or simply a tool used by the wrong people. Well ... wrong people? Is Adrian Simmons maybe the big hero of this piece? The one guy trying to save the world with everyone against him? Kawin and Kyle are of course rather innocent, except the tiny detail it might be THEM who end the world. Maybe by the unbelievable egoism of trying to stay alive. I don't have to talk about LEGO slowly becoming Flego. For good reasons? Or is madness contagious after all? Maria is obviously totally a good girl!

So, my theory. Prepare yourself, this is a nasty one:
    Kawin. What happens when he dies of natural causes? Would he have a heart attack again and again? Or a brain stroke? Jumping backs few seconds only to experience it again? Would that not make the world endlessly loop? For eternity? The End of time, so to say? Could be exactly what The Source saw. Remember that Kawin was the only one he took a personal interest in when it came to the hunt.

1. He tipped Simmons off, that they should not let him go to New York, because he would be impossible to kill.
    2. The Source was present, when the loops began at the Bus Station.
    3. The Source said, that NOW it was unavoidable that time would end. What new info did he get? Well, he was at the bus station and saw the loops begin.

Why was he at the Bus Station? My theory is, that our "Gifted" are only immune to each other's powers when they are at close proximity (much like they activate each other), so he had to be there to see it happen. Only that way he could perceive the loop.

So my bet: Kawin ends the world. Well, Kawin is what ends the world. He probably doesn't want to die.

21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, that poses an interesting question, after all Kawin has only ever crossed one persons path. The Source. If the Source wanted to make sure he died and truly did so the first time through he would not been there at the bus station. So if Kawin is the bad one that has to truly die. . .the FLEGO just made sure this world would die out of what? Morbid curiosity?

Although this also brings up an interesting fact about Kawin, he saw the flames before crossing paths with FLEGO! Does that mean the cell phones are enough of a 'crossing paths' to work, or phones calls count? Or perhaps, did the man who time leaps every time he dies trigger himself? An echo from the prior worlds or parallels triggering his own essence?

The Source/FLEGO also stated he was there at the bus station to see how far down the rabbit hole Kawin had gone. . .I have a feeling Kawin has only begun to expose his powers.

22. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Hm, ... the vision is what irritates me. Had forgot about that one.

The Source triggering you I believe was simply a mistake from his side. He assumed you already had your power (maybe because escaping Rutherford in Canada was so unlikely). But he activated it. The guy is not all-knowing.

So why the vision? Actually visions are not your power, are they? Hm. Need to reread.

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yeah, the vision of NYC in flames is a mystery. I thought that was Kawin's power at first, but then we were introduced to the looping. Unless the vision was some kind of side effect from the endless looping? I'm just spitballing here, but maybe he creates some kind of rift that allows him to momentarily see what happens in the future? Whatever the case, there is definitely more to Kawin than meets the eye.

LordTroepfchen
    In regards to the current exchange, should I hold off until Simmons replies first (if you intend to have him reply), or am I good to keep going?

BTW, TheSithGirly, it's been pretty tense so far! I'm pulling for Maria! :p

24. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I thought the same thing Han, rifts of the future! One problem. . .If it was just visions of the future though, why does FLEGO react differently in the visions when Kawin acts differently in them? Also why would it cause a sense of deja vu in the hunter to cause him to be looking the wrong way the last time? Looping seems to be the source of such a reaction, which just makes the vision all the more trying.

25. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    I think Flego did not react differently. I believe he is immune. Therefore he loops with you, remembering the loops before as you do. Again, I still believe he absorbs abilities and can use them in a broader way than the original users. If so Lego should now have all powers of Flego. The theory on the rifts are good. Then why does New York burn? None of us is a Pyromancer, right?

Just a crazy thought. Is it actually established the "List" includes all people with abilities? Or could there be more? Was Kawin activated earlier? Maybe by Amanda? Arthur said he has given you these abilities. Maybe he gave her some?

LordT seems to be stuck on an island right now. He said we can move forward, HanSolo29. Adrian isn't making his move yet.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.