The Coolest Things You Have Done...

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Master_Jovan, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Jovan Jedi Padawan

I was once playing a scenario that I wrote the beginning to set during Episode 3 and by this time my character was a leveL 8 Jedi Master. Me and the rest of my party were fleeing from a group of clone troopers turned against the Jedi when we opened the door to a hangar bay on Coruscant when we were confronted by a 1/2 human, 1/2 machine Sith Assasin. The Assasin was level 18! And my party was compromised of 3 Jedi, 1 Pilot, and 1 Soldier; my padawan who had just saved me before used her turn to ignite her yellow lightsaber and charge the Sith using a dark side power as a boost, the Sith ignited his lightsaber and a short 1 round duel ensued, the Sith had lowered her life points to negative so she was helpless. I used my move to tell the rest of the party to get ready for take off in a ship. During my turn, the Sith tried to perform and coup-d-etat instant kill move but I ignited my lightsaber (its white!) and used force jump to block his move. He said "You are brave Jedi but foolish". He forced pushed me back and killed my helpless padawan; my character screamed and using a dark side power charged the character. A 25 minute long dice rolling duel ensued where the Sith managed to lower my live points to one, but seeing the death of some many Jedi at the Jedi Temple angered me and I fought like a true Jedi; going on a streak of critical hit rolls no lower than 18 accept for one that was 15 that I used a power to boost three. I had managed to destroy the Sith and perform a coup-d-etat on him before saying "This is for every Jedi you killed" (I had critical hit him, description: "The Sith's mechanical armour goes crazy, he falls to the ground with sparks flying) and then I said "This is for my Padawan" and killed him (description: your white lightsabers percies the armour of the Sith and even manages to burn into the ground, the white light elumindating from the lightsaber flickerers brightly as darkness falls over the helpless city and now ravaged Jedi Temple). We took of knowing today the Sith had nearly accomplished what they could not do in 2 previous Wars nearly 4000 and 10000 years ago.

The worst thing I did was accidently kill my teammates using a force power.

Changed it to be a "coolest thing" thread, since we already had a "worst thing" thread.
  2. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Jedi_Knight_Jonas Force Ghost

star 3
    This ones gonna be locked VEEEERY SOON.

but what the hell?
    how did a 8th level jedi beat a level 18 level sith? makes NO sense.
  4. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    He got lucky. It happens sometimes.
  5. FusionBlaster Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well definatly on the list of cool things is taking out a convoy of speeders with one shot.

I felt good that night.
  6. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    That was indeed a cool night. It was your shot; you tell the story.
  7. FusionBlaster Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well our campagne takes place in the early days of the clone wars. myself a Soldier 2/Scoundrel 2 at the time my partner the same and 2 jedi( one guardian and one consular) were sent out to recover an ancient sith artifact and keep it from the nazis...uh Confedrecy. You see very quickly we noticed this was playin very similar to Raiders of the Lost Ark so that nazi joke became common. Anyway

The confederates were takeing the crystals out from the dig in a truck instead of the ship we were hidden in. So we take the ship and fly it over the convoy. Myself and the Jedi guardian jump off the ship to the roof of the speeder truck. Now there are 4 speeders in front and 6 behind us and the ones behind start taking shots at us. the Jedi starts cutting in from the roof while I return fire behind and the ship makes a straifing run in front. After getting shot once I shoot at the driver of the speeder behind us taking out the driver with one shot (almost max damage) which starts a domino effect that takes out 4 of the six speeders behind us. Easily shot of the night and earned me a force point. I loved that gun....unfrotuneatly I soon after lost it after abandonging my gear to put on a disguise. I miss that gun.

Edit: Finny if there is anything I missed about that feel free to make it known.
  8. MatevKenas Jedi Knight

star 1
    Damn, that stuff makes some of the things my players have done seem like child's play.
  9. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Heh... wait 'til I start to post... ;)
  10. Jedi_Knight_Jonas Force Ghost

star 3
    One time, we were fighting a group of Imperials on a tower on Chandrilla. There were 3 Airspeeders taking potshots at us, so I (a JG8/JWM2/Sold2) tie a rope to the tower and jump. I swing out, roll a natural 20 on the jump check, and land on one of the airspeeders. I jam my lighsaber into the exhaust port and jump off as the ship (and my favorite lightsaber dammit!) blow up. I land on the hull of another airspeeder and pull out my OTHER lightsaber (always carry a spare) and stab the driver. I then bust throught the window, take control of that airspeeder, and take out the other one.
    All the while, my friends (a Tech4/Sold7/ET1 and a Scout4/Sold4/JG4) are fighting Imperial Elite Troopers.
    They're almost defeated when i fly in and save em.

Definately my best moment. I got 2 FP and a new Airspeeder.

But i lost my favorite purple lightsaber dammit!!
  11. Shadeleader Jedi Knight

star 3
    One of my players killed Vader. Walked into an obvious death trap, ended up giving in to his fear and anger and the rolled and confirmed a critical hit on Vader, doing maximum damage. He was level 7 at the time.
  12. Shadeleader Jedi Knight

star 3
    And there's also the time my character, a lv 5 Jedi Guardian/lv 2 Jedi Ace, took on a dozen lv 5 Vong soldiers and not only lived, but won. Without use of the Dark Side. And at the end, I had single digit vitality left, and had taken no wound damage.
  13. SkipMasterJ Jedi Knight

I once played through a campaign set during Episodes IV, V, and VI but in an alternate universe. Vader kept custody of Luke and Leia, and our party was basicaly the replacement heroes for the classic trilogy. I was a 2-1B medical droid, and I ended up flying a two-seat Y-wing against the first Death Star. The Jedi gunner fired the fateful shot. However Death Star II was taken down by my droid alone, with a little help from Lando Calrissian.
  14. Shadeleader Jedi Knight

star 3
    More importantly, you built the Massassi temples on Yavin IV, invented the force, and designed the Death Star. ;)
  15. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Okay, I'll chime in.

From waaaaay back in the day of D6 and the Predator crossover... so my character's essentially a Han Solo-type who's good with guns and ships, and my friends and I got seperated on some planet's surface. We'd encountered some Predators before in small numbers of 1 or 2, but were now facing an Imperial force of quite significant numbers. While seperated I was captured by a group of Predators and brought to their ship in orbit while the rest of my group got pinned down by the Imperials and stuck in a cave. On the ship, the Predator's leader wanted to question me about the Rebellion and the Empire to learn more about us and possibly who to fight. I told him I would tell him all that I knew in exchange for him helping my friends, since his group seemed to enjoy fighting and they seemed honorable enough to deal with. He agreed and I gave him all of the information that he wanted, at which point he decided to renege on the deal. At which point, I bodily launched myself at him (and took a severe beating). He was preparing to kill me, when I started shouting at him about having no honor, refusing to comply with fair bargains and generally playing dirty. Not to mention the fact that he as having some of his troops hold me as he was preparing to kill me, which only proved that he was a coward. His only response to me was "Then you don't understand us at all." At which point he got a plasma bolt through his chest rom his first mate who replied "But *I* do." And he ordered his men to free me and open fire on the Imperials below, in accordance with our deal.

I'll post more at another time. ;)
  16. JediLeeora Jedi Master

star 3
    The coolest thing I've probably ever done was when my group was infiltrating a yuuzhan Vong slave camp thingy. I strapped a cupple thermal detonaters to one of the slaves and instructed them to walk straight to were the main Vong were. This ended up blowing up most the camp and earning me some DSP but it was worth it! I had killed Nom anor without realizing it and ended up making my GM very mad.
  17. crashmurdoch Jedi Knight

One of my players was playing a catman jedi in the old WEG D6 system and kept wanting to fight a Rancor. I didn't give in for a long time because I didn't want to see any of the other players (all non jedi) get eaten by a slavering monster.

Eventually though I had a rogue nightsister as one of the villians and worked the Rancor into the plot. When I dropped him down into the Rancor's holding pen he was ready for me.

First he activated Force Speed and ran between the Rancor's legs. He then hamstringed the poor thing with his lightsaber and shoved a Thermal Detonator into a *ahem* very uncomfortable place. The resulting explostion killed the Rancor and did some severe damage to the surrounding structures. The Jedi had used Force Leap to get out of the blast radius. Shock and horror turned to humor when he had to explain to the rest of the party what that smell was coming from his hand.
  18. Tremaniac Jedi Knight

star 3
    Recently, I had GMed for a character that was intent on proving that the Jedi Mind Trick really isn't much compared to the power of a really good Bluff skill.
    During his foray into lying blindly, he managed to turn half a planet against a group of Jedi that were trying to save it. All of them had to flee for fear of blowing the mission. It was a sad day for Jedi padawans. But I think they actually got the point.
  19. ShutterBug Jedi Padawan

This one is more of a funny thing said...

Our party landed their ship where a firefight was already going on. The Twi'lek JC was trying to tell the hero's to wait it out... but our other Jedi was already in the fray... he looked back and the ship and said "damn hippi Jedi."

We all died... guess it was a you had to be there moment.
  20. Sith-Lord_James Force Ghost

star 3
    Once, during a Dungeons and Dragons game of mine..:

My character was in a hallway about to round the corner of a 1 foot thick stone wall. Kinda like this...

Ding

Well, I was not able to move to my enemy and attack in the same round using normal means (I forgot why). So, instead, I attempted to do a near impossible maneuver (according to my DM). With the help of some lucky Dexterity and Strength checks, I was able have my character run along the wall he was standing next to, then jump to the "BACK WALL", take a fews steps on that, then hurl himself off of it and drive is sword right through the orc's heart.

I managed to get a 20 on my attack roll and an 18 on the crit check. Needless to say, I got a +5 to damage because of the momentum I had jumping off the wall. The thing practically exploded. LOL.

That kinda made me feel good.
  21. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    So, stuck at work, I guess it's time that I posted the details of this.

So, my character is lucky. Well, really, I'M lucky -- ridiculous die-karma -- which makes my character lucky. So in the current campaign, what you have to understand is this:

- Our characters started in a timeperiod roughly 100 years prior to TPM.
    - We were flung into the future via the Force/hyperdrive mishap.
    - The Sith control the galaxy, with humans, Chiss and Hapans forming the ruling elite.
    - We had, by this point in the adventure, defeated the new Empress, a Death Star (or two), several Sith warlords (who ruled fiefdoms), restarted the Jedi Order and created a Republic of Independent Systems.

I was an 11th level character (Solider 8/Elite Trooper 3) with an emphasis on shooting and piloting; not much else. We were sent on a mission by the new Jedi temple to find a recruit on Malastare who was apparently good enough at swoop racing that they thought he might have good potential. Miralukan guy named Knehan; he was a local hero and advertising star. Of course, he was in heavy to the local crime boss. So we needed some way to get him loose.

Enter the plan: find the lowest ranked swoop-racer stable owner and get him to put me up in the big race to bet the boss that I could win the race.

So, here's the setup:
    - I'll race.
    - Our fringer will be the pit boss.
    - The two Jedi and their "servant" (long story) will be cheerleaders.

The track has three settings: normal, hard and HOLY MOTHER OF SITH!!! The first couple of races are run at the normal setting with a hard race before the main event. I win most of the qualifying heats, which nets us significant cash as I'm getting ridiculous odds against Knehan. Then... the big race.

The rules on the track are there are no weapons allowed... but they can be used so long as you don't get caught. Modifications to swoops are fine, so our fringer jury-rigs a droideka shield generator onto the swoop and I smuggle a grapple gun in case I need to not die at some point. That's it though. Me, the swoop, the shields and my grapple against 11 other competitors. The race begins.

We start off with some DC 25 to 30 "traps" -- sliding metal panels with swoop-racer siexd cutouts, blaster alleys, flamethrowing alleys, etc. Not a problem as I'm up near the +20 Pilot skill or so and able to take 10 (Combat Veteran feat). We lose probably 4 racers on the first several traps and I'm maintaining a good distance near the front, essentially me and Knehan.

One of the riders attempts to come up beside me and club me with a hidden club, he misses so I pull ahead of him and block him from advancing. I look around my swoop, looking for anything I can use. "Does the thing have an ashtray?" I ask the GM. "Sure." So I pry the ashtray loose and with the ever-quipful "Smoking's bad for you, mmm'kay?" I line up the ashtray and just drop it backward, smacking into the racer behind me who fails his Pilot check and crashes.

Then... the acid. We run through an acid spray. The way the GM does the traps is he randomly determines the DC of the hazards fromthe starship charts for each pilot. Well, acid right? So I figure this is a good time for my shields. I activate 'em, which is good 'cause my DC is *40*. I fail and the shields completely stop the acid damage... and then short out. Jury-rigging and all. ;)

At this point, I'm pretty sure all that's left is me and Knehan and the one major obstacle left -- The Jump. The way The Jump is configured is on easy, it's a fairly easy piloting check and hard is a harder piloting check. Nothing simple, but nothing real fancy either. On the setting it was on for the race? Well, we exceed the flight ceiling of the swoops and have to coast it on down into position and clear the distance. So Knehan and I take The Jump at near simultaneous times and I begin to pull ahead.

Now, remember what the mission is here: recruit Knehan for the Jedi Order, so winning just isn't enough; his survival is as well. If I'm ahead, he might run into troubl
  22. trobon22 Jedi Knight

I don't know if this should be considered cool or not but here it goes. I took two jedi, a master and a padawan to a distant planet for a small fee of 2500 credits. BTW this was with a lv. 2 scoundral witha stolen ship. So I take them there they do what they need to do then they ask to go to Corasant. I tell them sure... that will be 250,000 credits, since there isn't another ship for lightyears. The master waves his hand and says "That will not be nesacery" (evil GM trick that I was almost fuming over.) So I roll my Will save and get a natural 20. They finaly agree and when we get back pay me my quarter million credits. Boy was I happy with my luck that night.
  23. Tremaniac Jedi Knight

star 3
    Damn, the amounts of credits mentioned in the last two posts are staggering. My groups 3rd level Jedi Consular was debating selling a pair of +2 Mastercraft MedPaks for the cash, because he was so short. Their current scheme is a blasters for credit against a new starship on Mon Calimari, on the eve of a major war between the two sentient species planetside.
  24. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Damn, the amounts of credits mentioned in the last two posts are staggering.

Well, I'd really only had near a million credits -- as we'd been catapulted 133 years into the future (with interest ;))... but since I was a virtually unknown racing the top swoop racer for YEARS on Malastare I was getting pretty heavy odds against...
  25. Keyan_Stele Force Ghost

star 2
    Well, recently my players pulled off a rather cool kill on a Sith Force Warrior NPC.

A bit of explaining about the scenario and the environment. Encounter: It's very extreme, end of this phase of the campaign showdown. Player death is very possible.
    Jedi Temple was under attack by the Sith who had snuck in and activated a temporal disruptor device that basically created 'time-stop' effects throughout the temple. Sith attackers were all wearing "temporal compensator" armbands with specially modified weapons to operate in this environment. The compensators themselves basically the two meters square they are in to normal time flow within the "time stop" time flow. So I kept things loose for this environment, without trying to handle all of the physics for this setting that would make it all untenable and unplayable in actuality. Everything appears relatively normal with some fuzzy greyed out light shading to the environment itself.
    All Jedi and persons in the temple that aren't with the Sith attack are frozen. So the Sith are looting, abducting, killing and otherwise vandalizing their way through the temple.

The players manage to get their hands on just enough temporal compensators for themselves a short time before this event and return to Coruscant to find the attack underway. Their advance warning to the temple via holonet went unheeded because their contact was the turncoat Jedi insider for the Sith. Thus, they arrive to find a time-stopped temple. Long story short, they get into the temple and break into two groups. One group goes after the temporal disruptor device, the other hurries to the Jedi Council Tower to save the most important persons and items/data if possible.

Since no turbolifts are working and they realize that in advance, they borrow some repulsorlift belts (aka "parachutes" from Shatterpoint) from some Republic jump troopers before heading into the temple. Using these belts, they have far easier and less taxing climb checks to ascend turbolift shafts. We'll stick with the Council tower group from here on.

This second group makes their way to the top of the Jedi Council tower without incident thanks to their knowledge of the layout of the temple and stealthy abilities. At the top of the tower, they realize combat is imminent and they discard the repulsor belts to be sure that they took no armor check penalty in combat. Said belts are left on the floor by the turbolift shaft.

Entering the council chambers area, they find some abductions in progress and end up confronting a Sith Force Warrior NPC (level 12, orbalisk armor, martial artist) and a few of his goons. The abductors are getting away with a few prominent Jedi, any other Jedi they see are "dead", slayed while frozen in time.

NPC Sith Force Warrior had taken out the player Jedi Consular in one round (dying/stable--out of the fight for now, no coup de grace). The players quickly dispatch the goons but are overmatched by the Sith Force Warrior. Sith Force Warrior has been taking vitality hits from time to time, but is going down VERY slowly because of vitality regeneration of orbalisk armor.

The players on the other hand are really starting to scrape bottom on vitality. The Force Adept bravely faces off with the Sith and tells the others to "Run for it. There's nothing you can do now. It's too late." So the fringer/soldier and scout/scoundrel beat a hasty retreat down a corridor back to the turbolift shaft. In the meantime, the Sith Force Warrior knocks out the Force Adept as well and begins to casually pursue the remaining two players who have ducked around a corner.

The players don their repulsor belts again, wait for the Sith to come a bit closer as they peak around the corner and see him coming. Then, ducking back, right before he's going to move up to attack, they set an activated grenade on the floor with a one round timer and jump into the turbolift shaft. The grenade is frozen in time now because they left the square it was left in.

The Sith comes around the corner, fails his spot check and stands right over the gr
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.