main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Coolest Things You Have Done...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Master_Jovan, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diablos666

diablos666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2004
    Impressive. Most impressive.

2. wierd235

wierd235 Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2005
    this was way back in the d6 days but i'd just started a rodian bounty hunter and he had andanced maybey 3-4 times, well anyways his "armor weapons" skill was like 6d and he had a flechette gun on his stalkler armor (sweet rodian restricted bounty hunter armor) and we had just got done invading a garrison ang planting over 10 thermal detonaters in the power core and were on our way out when we were ambushed and captured and just as one of the imperial officers says "im so getting a promotion for this" i yelled out "promotion my ass" and shot him with the flechette gun and i was rolling the damage and my GM goes "have fun killing him hes got some pretty sweet armor" i rolled my damage and the force die rolled a 6 and so i re rolled it and it kept getting a 6 so i ended up getting somewhere around 45 total and pretty much ripped him to shreds yeah it was cool.

3. Crewelest_Lie

Crewelest_Lie Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2005
    I was GMing a d20 game a few days ago that had a few really cool moments and a few really stupid moments.
    The setting is NJO, my PCs are 2 lvl 1 Jedi padawans, a Chiss and an Ewok, on assignment from Luke to look for artifacts, holocrons, and any other force goodies. They hear a rumor about a powerful force artifact on the wasted planet of Jovtar 6. When they arrive they discover an abandoned Jedi temple occupied by the Imperial Remnant. They sneak inside the temple and look for loot. The Chiss Jedi rolls the first in a series of 1's that night on his Move Silently roll. The stormtrooper commander investigates and is taken out stealthily by the Ewok Jedi. When his troops find the commanders head they check the helmet recording (yes he had a helmet recorder)and see a lightsaber flash out of nowhere and then glowing red eyes looking out from the shadows. They are convinced that a ghost Jedi has awoken and is hunting them down. They panic and run around while the PCs check out the temple. They find no artifacts but feel a dark side disturbance. They hightail it outside and escape on speederbikes, but are followed by three stormtroopers. I have them make DC 5 Pilot checks to maintain control of their vehicles at high speed, the Ewok passes but the Chiss rolls another 1, then another on his reflex save and falls off his bike. The Ewok tries to slow down and catch him, but rolls a 1 and hits the accelerator, speeding off into the distance. As the Imperials fly by the fallen padawan he manages to kill one, but the other two turn around and try to run him down. The Ewok, having recovered himself, turns around and tries to save his companion. He rolls a 17 on a pilot check and rams his bike into one imperial bike, blowing it up, then rolls a 20 on his jump check and lands on the back of the other speeder and kills the last imperial after saying in his high pitched voice, "BOO!". I gave him a force point for redeeming himself, the CHiss looked sad so i said he found some money on the imperials bodies, that cheered him up good.

4. Darth_Boppu

Darth_Boppu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    Of course, it's always nice when you shoot a grappling gun into someone's chest, then pull them toward your extended lightsaber blade.

5. Marlin-Lazon

Marlin-Lazon Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2005
    Not as cool as some of the things I've seen done here, but my friends and I stole an Imperial Star Destroyer.

My traveling companion, Jub-Jub, a Jawa Techie, constructed his own R4 astromech, giving it levels in Scoundrel--and hence, many more skill points than an average droid. All of which went into Computer Use, along with not a few feats such as Gearhead, Skill Emphasis (Computer Use), and that LOVELY bonus for being an original Industrial Automations product. So there he was with a base-19 check to Compter Use.

So, after the characters sneaked into the hanger bay in a cloaked ship and bluffed our way into two different security offices (Yes, I had my original Imperial officers' uniform from my pre-Jedi days), Arthur (the preferred pronunciation for R4...don't ask) begins making easy DC30 and DC35 cheecks to gather security codes. Then he starts causing various "incidents". The lights flicker. Trash compactors reverse. Droids start undoing repairs. The bathrooms on the bridge level overflowed, etc. This went on for quite a while as R4 gathered intelligence on the crews responses. Then he really went to town. He managed to convince the main computer that the reactor was overloading! The crew, confirming this, began to evacuate! After a few desperate minutes, the bridge crew called for a scuttle from the other Star Destroyer (they always travel in pairs). Probing further, "just in case", the R4 unit taps into the security cams in engineering. There, he finds the chief engineer desperately fighting with the controls to avert the disaster. Sure enough, the electronic sensors indicate the core is overloading. Then again, so did the mechanical sensors! The thing really WAS going to explode! R4 saw that the engineer was succeeding in bring the reactor overload under control, but much too quickly for comfort, so he started working to slow him down while the rest of the crew evacuated. Checking around the space, he noticed a crane for loading and manipulating equiptment. He guided this into a position above the hapless engineer. Then, he loaded data into the hyperdrive for a short jump "just over to the next system". That required a few more searches and another DC30 Computer Use check--no problem. At last, the engineer had the reactor breach stopped. R4 dropped the crane hook, FULL FORCE, onto the engineer crushing him instantly. Then, he activated the Hyperdrive!

Had we been more lucky, (or, had my droid had more insight) we might have escaped unscathed! Unfortunately, as the hyperdrive was going live, before we could get away, the other Star Destroyer came into range and fired--more than half of its arsenal into our unshielded ship's hide! You see, the officers had called for a scuttle--and lowered the shields. R4 couldn't activate the shields because he didn't have the securiy codes for the weapons--yet. We were going into hyperdrive with more than half the hull suddenly blown away! TOO LATE TO STOP!!! ...

... Every member of our boarding party decded this was a very opportune moment to blow a force point into a "Save ur A**" attempt ... and the remains of our Star Destroyer came to rest intact about 15 light-years away. We managed to affect enough repairs to safely activate the ship's backup hyperdrive for the trip home, but our commanding officer considered this theft a failure. "Next time, we'll be ready", he said. That poor ship was trailing parts 3/4 of the way across the core! We got back with less than 35% of the ship intact, and sold the remains to the Jedi Counsel for some 38 mililon credits. The bridge deflector and a number of droids we kept and intigrated into the new Mercenary headquarters on Corsecant. There it sits atop the building, one solitary geodesic sphere, repainted bright yellow, with black "Smiley" face turned toward the center of the New Republic government seat.

Now, while it might not be as successful or lucrative as our next attempt certainly will be, I don't think there's any doubt that this is about the coolest thing our

6. Sev-07

Sev-07 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    I saved my entire party by Shooting grevious with a grapple cord to hold him while my freinds escaped....I died of course, but it was cool.

and i already had a crushed arm, and was cut up by a lightsaber..

7. DarthJahil

DarthJahil Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2005
    I killed Darth Sidious with a level 15 Guardian. I fought him off for a few rounds, then I figured out I was losing. Really, really badly. So, I force pushed the Sith Lord away, and lept onto a ledge above us. He followed, but landed on a slippery spot, and had to catch his balance. I Bantha Rushed him, and he rolled a 1 on his Strengh test. He fell down the bottomless pit on the end of the ledge.

8. Sev-07

Sev-07 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005

Wow...Nice, What was the GM's response to that?

9. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Well, I'd have allowed Sideous to TK to a ledge or vehicle and slow down his fall. Sure, the characters would have escaped and got a ton of XP, but he wouldn't be down & out for the count.

10. DarthJahil

Jun 19, 2005
    Wow...Nice, What was the GM's response to that?

He was kind of mad, seeing as how Sidious is our main villain. However, he may have TK'd a ledge or something. We haven't finished the campaign.

11. Donp

Donp Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2003
    TK'd ? What's that? I'm sorry I'm not very good at RPG lingo :)

12. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    TK: Tele Kinetic
    Using the Force to push/pull/move an object (including one's self)

13. Binder-lover

Binder-lover Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 3, 2003
    I got lucky with a thermal detonator throw and killed the main villain. :)

14. DarthJahil

Jun 19, 2005
    Sidious is back! He was really furious, too. He force lightning'd me and the rest of the group. We fought him off for a few rounds, then had to run. A Raging Sidious is really scary to fight.

15. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Hijacking an Acclamator was fun:

Over the course of the Clone Wars we'd been acting almost as Separatist privateers, jacking as much Republic tech as possible (gunships, walkers, the like). We had it all slaved to a central computer core so we could operate it all with just about 20 or so in the pirate organisation (the actual party was about 5 strong, the rest are just NPCs). Anyway, it was all well and good raiding traffic on Serocco, but we wanted to expand, go elsewhere. But we needed a ship.

The team's slicer manages to patch us through to the Republic supply network, and redirects a ship heading for Mygeeto towards Serocco, instead. When it arrived in the system, we smacked it with surface-to-air torpedos, taking out the drives and making it fall towards the planets surface. The party then docked in their transport, blasted their way to the bridge, "spaced" every other room (sending all the clones aboard plummeting to the ground) and managed to land the bugger.

16. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    My players: 5 characters (all 5th level - one NPC) liberated Korriban from the Imperials single-handedly.

Granted it was weakly defended, but dayum! [face_plain]

17. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Who's your daddy? :D

18. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Holy cow, you guys do some cool stuff!

19. Therren_Cragan

Therren_Cragan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2005
    The coolest thing I ever did was when my friends and I fought Bossk on Coruscant and I beat him with one shot to the face, literally.

20. Binder-lover

Binder-lover Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 3, 2003
    I took control of an AT-AT, rurned traitor, and killed Vader with a few shots.

21. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    So far, the coolest thing my (9th level) character's done is destroy a magnaguard with his bare hands. Magnaguard + punch from a Barabel 4th level JG/5th level Force warrior = scrap metal.

As a hypothetical fight, 4 of us took on Sidious, first of all I almost fell down a hole into lava, then i took a full attack from his sithlyness, and about 125 points of damage. Needless to say, there wasn't much of him left

22. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    We ambused some biker guards on patrol, took their armor, and ambused more until we had enough for our entire party, plus one. The ex imperial then broadcast a medical emergency and we flew in with one of the dead imps (the senior non-com) strapped to the back of a speeder. Needless to say, we were depressed & saddened to find our commander was killed by the damn rebels. [face_whistling]

We finished the rest of the shift as the biker scouts, then went to the hangar bay and boarded one of the garrison At-Ats. From there we blew the stuffing out of the other vehicles in the garrison and did major damage to the internal structure. Nothing could get close enough to damage us because of the walker's armor. We either stepped on it or blasted it. With their entire motorpool crippled and structural support failing, we rammed our way out of the Garrison bunker (without openning the doors) and rode off into the terrain.

Unfortunately, the TIE fighter hangars were in a different area. We took out a couple, but walker armor was no contest to starfighter weaponry, so we took off out of the atat using the 5 speeder bikes loaded in the upper level and flew off under cover. The TIE pilots were peeved enough at the damage to their base (which included their rec room) that they pelted the stationary ATAT until if blew up... Thus destroying all evidence of who we were, or that we weren't onboard at the time. Pity... ;)

23. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    There was a fellow PC's character: Count Kale Marwind, a (Corellian) Human Noble 5/Jedi Consular 7, and my character Wan-Fei Shoon, a Human Jedi Guardian 7/Jedi Weapon Master 5 who took Rapid Strike (lightsaber) as one of my weapon masteries.

We were fighting several Dark Jedi. I had just defeated my opponent, but Kale's opponent knocked him over a ledge, leaving him hanging on for dear life over a fiery pit of molten carbonite. The Dark Jedi (a Givin) was preparing to finish Kale off.

I figured this was a moment for "dramatic heroism," so I spent a Force Point, used Force Mastery to use Enhance Ability (on my Dex, I had Weapon Finesse) as a free action, used Heroic Surge for my move action to charge the Dark Jedi, which allowed me to make a full round of attacks, including Rapid Strike.

The Dark Jedi went all to pieces ;)

EDIT: Another story, to brag on the players I once GM'ed for. I ran a Rebellion-era AU campaign, in which there was no Luke or Leia. The group had a motto: "The mission ain't over 'til we steal something from the Empire!" They succeeded in stealing:

*An Imperial assault transport, if you remember the X-wing Flight Simulator game.

*A Force-sensitive boy named Gantoris ;) away from an Imperial Inquisitor. Said Inquisitor was in no shape to respond, having just been blasted by the aforementioned transport's ion cannons.

*Countless amounts of small arms.

*Several personnel transport speeders, used to carry small arms.

*An Imperial Nebulon B class frigate.

*Tarkin's personal servant, a Mon Cal named Ackbar ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.