main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA The Corellian ? A Spokantina Production

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarusSarn, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    ATTENTION SPOKANTINA PATRONS: IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Ok, some of you already know, but Steve and I have started pre-production on a fan film. This fan film is entitled "The Corellian" and is a very artsy film. The concept is that the Jedi were once nobles, many many many (think like 30,000) years before the movies. The idea is this, the newly formed order of "Jedi" are a noble class, who rarely fight, but rule the galaxy. One day something happens to one of the Jedi, he becomes enraged with jealosy at another Jedi, and challenges him to a duel.

The visual appearance of the film will be very "Renaissance-y" with fencing-style costumes and curved (Dooku style) lightsabers. The lightsaber duel in the movie will employ form 2 lightsaber combat (fencing) and will be performed by myself and Steve. The entire cast will consist of 3 characters, Me, Steve and a female part that we've yet to cast. There is the possibility for one or two more small parts, details will be made available when we figure it out.

There is a need for a camera crew, costumers, prop designers, set dressers, makeup artists and just general on-set help, as well as a Public Relations person, since we're aiming to film at the Manito Park Rose Garden... If you can volunteer some of your time to any one of the previous tasks, let myself or Steve (Bayard_Lem) know. We're working on finishing up the screenplay now, as well as hashing out costume designs.
    Any and all help will be appreciated...

2. jedilos

jedilos Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2000
    Id love to help out. i have a video camera and 2 tripods, although im purchasing a digital video camera soon. id love to be involved

3. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Ah, good good, I believe my friend who will be filming for us (hopefully) has at least one digital camera, but the more we have available, the better.

4. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    A quick update...
    With the help of Kelli and Amy, Steve, John and I worked out some dialogue and we have some good stuff going.
    Anyone interested in a closer look please PM John for a copy.
    Input is always welcome

5. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    Attention! Casting call!
    The film is making quite a bit of progress. We have quite a bit of dialogue worked out, as well as costumes under construction (thanks to Kelli =D=).
    Right now, what we are in need of (besides practice) is a female actress, between 16-28 years of age. Experience prefered but not required.
    Those interested can private message me for details. For those of you attending the BBQ Friday and are interested, we may have brief auditions then.
    Also, you can PM me for a copy of the script.
    Thanks for your time.

6. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Just thought I'd share with you all a few of the Pre-Production sketches that Kelli has done for the costumes, she's excited, and we're excited, and I hope you all are too, things are coming along nicely. Another bit of good news is the fact that we have a director and shooting dates for the film! Our own Dark_Vilas aka Stan will be directing our first group fan film. Stan has a short history in fan films and has worked with Erich and myself on a few past occasions. Stan's a whiz with a camera and a fun guy to be around. He'll be up here July 20-22, He'll be busy on the 20th but has informed us that he has the 21 & 22 free and would love to shoot the film for us! He's bringing his own camera and equipment and will be doing the majority of the directing and camera work. Thanks Stan! So as an official update

PRINCIPLE PHOTOGRAPHY DATES: JULY 21-22 2005

[image=http://www.thespokantina.com/aleander.jpg] [image=http://www.thespokantina.com/bayardfight.jpg] [image=http://www.thespokantina.com/bayardmonk.jpg] [image=http://www.thespokantina.com/meylagarden.jpg] [image=http://www.thespokantina.com/meylaforgive.jpg]

7. Dark_Vilas

Dark_Vilas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2005
    Thanks for the introduction, Jarus. :)

A little more background for anyone who's interested. (Or who might want to hire me for other projects! :D)

I have spent the past 9 semesters studying video and film with the intent of becoming a director. I have 2 semesters left before I graduate with a Bachelors in Communication with my Minor in Professional Writing. (June 2006)

My experience with film and video production:
    3 previous Star Wars fanfilms - (various positions)
    2 Regional commercials - Director, Producer, Writer
    Film Trailer "Roosevelt Street" - Camera Op, 2nd Assistant Camera
    Short Film "American Heart" - Director, Producer, (various positions)
    "An Idaho Family Christmas" broadcast on Northwest Cable Network and NBC 2 years running - Director, Camera Op
    "Reflections on the Wall" An award winning presentation about the Vietnam Memorial - Camera Op, Interviewer
    Short Film "Fall goodGuy" - Director, Producer, Editor
    Assorted commercials and short videos - (various possitions)
    2 Full-length Scripts - Screenwriter
    Animated Short "Class-Ring Boy" - DVD Editor

I am qualified on Mini DV, Beta, HD, 8mm, 16mm, and 35mm cameras & media. I have experience working with various light and color meters, lights, gels, filters, and other lighting tools. In addition, I've worked in live production trucks & studios and am qualified as line, floor, and technical director.

As far as post production, I'm familiar with Adobe Premiere 5.0-Pro, Final Cut (multiple versions), and Avid. I'm also trained in the Adobe line: Photoshop, After Effects, ImageReady, Audition, and Encore DVD.

In addition to writing screenplays, I have written scripts for TV and Radio Commercials, Corporate Image Spots, Documentaries, TV and Radio News, "How to" pieces, and Infomercials.

Non-film related skills:
    Journalisim
    Public Relations (studied under the PR director for US Senator Craig)
    Corporate Writing
    Creative Writing
    Poetry Writing

So...if you or people you know have any use for someone with any of these skills, please PM me! :)

8. Dark_Vilas

Feb 21, 2005
    What, like there's anything wrong with plugging for a job here?!!! :p

9. Dark_Vilas

Feb 21, 2005
    Back to busisness:

Awesome looking costumes there! :)

As a 1/2 update 1/2 request for more information:

Yes, photography will take place on the 21st and the 22nd. Are there any times during either of those days when one or more of the talent will be unavailable? If not I will start working up the schedule as soon as I get the most recent copy of the script. If there are some time restraints, let me know so I can work them in.

Thanks!

10. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    I haven't officially gotten those days off yet, but count on me being there for both of them, I know I am :D

11. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    oh, and the schedule for pre-production (so far) There will be a meeting tomorrow (Thurs) at around 5-6 at Frankie Doodles in Spokane for all those involved (or wanting to be) in props and there will be a work day either Friday or Saturday for costumes, if you've got a machine and can sew even a little bit, we'd appreciate you being there, I'm bringing mine :D I'll post an update as soon as I know more.

12. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    John,
    I suppose that this is part of your next update but is the costuming thing happening at Kelli's?
    Also, Kelli and I had planned on meeting with Heather, potential actresss, on Friday. I figure Kelli and I can talk with her and when you get off of work you can meet up with us and work on lines and such. Sound good?
    I think you and Steve and I should meet tonight to hammer out the rest of the script, that way we can get it to Stan so he knows how long it will take to film.

13. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Well erich, we can't finish the script alone, Kelli and Reanna were working on some of the lovey dialogue last night... so until we look over that and decide what to add, the script won't be finished, but feel free to come over later, we can work on it. Also, I need a copy of the fight scene. Thanks.

14. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    I'm fairly certain that the disk Steve put it on is still at your place. We'll have to dig around to see.
    I also private messaged Reanna for a copy of the dialogue she had worked out, so we may be able to add that tonight.

15. Thumpernicus

Thumpernicus Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Hi, me here,

I will be at Frankies around 6! I am SO excited! I will do anything (within reason) asked of me to make this fanfilm a success!

I have many years experience with Renaissance Festivals and performing arts. I have a costume that would fit this films "look" and would LOVE to audition for the part of "Servant" =)
    See you there!

-Alex

16. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Welcome aboard the bandwagon!

17. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Ok, just an official update here...

The script is finished for the most part, it's been mailed off to Stan and he should be working on converting it to a screenplay. Joe and Chris are hard at work on the sabers, and Kelli has the patterns finished for the costumes. And our info and forms have been mailed off to Manito, Yay! We've still got a ways to go though we need two interiors and some set dressings for a few scenes at manito, and we need to set up some costuming work days, I'll be updating the website soon with movie info. Thanks everyone for your help and support thusfar! Steve and I cannot thank you all enough! The movie's on track and looking good...

Oh, and one final note/request, Stan's trying to get his hands on a mic boom before he leaves the Boise area, but he may not be able to get one, so if it's possible that anyone up here has one, or has access one, it would be wonderful if you could secure it for the 21-22, thanks in advance!

18. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    Actually, Joe and Chris are in a holding pattern. We *need* the metal half of the sabers first, so we can carve the wood to fit them right. Our understanding was Kelli was going to get input from James, but so far I havn't heard back on that. Also, we'd like to know the exact diameter of the 'blades' you'll be using.

What we have done made up new maquettes based on your requests. If possible, we'd like to get together so you can check them out.

19. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Ok Chris, thanks for the update, I'll try and get ahold of Kelli and figure out if she's contacted James yet, I think you guys, or at least one of you took James' info, so if nothing else, you could get into contact with him (if he hasn't read this already :p) since Kelli's out of communication until she gets more minutes, and I'm in limited communication since my phone's borked until I can buy a new one on Friday. As far as the diameter of the blades, it'll probably be 3/4 inch. I'll get ahold of Steve and find out what days he's got free this week to look at maquettes.

20. Jordi-WanKenobi20

Jordi-WanKenobi20 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    When do you think actual filming will begin? [face_skull] Just felt like doing that

21. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Well, as stated above, Principle Photography is currently scheduled for July 21-22... :D

22. Dark_Vilas

Feb 21, 2005
    I'll have a shooting schedule worked up sometime tonight or tomorrow. Since I've heard nothing to the contrary, I'm just going to assume everyone's available all day on both the 21st & 22nd (all day consists of early morning and part of the night too). If you aren't going to be available, give a shout out now! :)

23. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Well, chances are we won't be filming in Manito after 8-9PM but we will have a few indoor night shots to do...

24. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    Attention! Production update! Urgent!
    I have just received a call from the Spokane Parks department.
    Edit: Due to Park rules, no weapons are allowed in Spokane parks, and unfortunately this includes PVC lightsabers.
    So, for right now, we have no location for the film.

25. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Due to this new turn of events, filming will be postponed for an unknown amount of time. The upside to this is that we now have more time to perfect costumes, props and find awesome locations. The downside is that we may not have Stan to direct for us, but I feel confident that we can still pull through with this film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.