main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Corellian Connection

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi, Jun 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Okay, I've never scene this thread anywhere on these boards, so I hope it hasn't already been done before. On the otherhand, I'm sure I am not the first person to notice it. I was reading through my New Essential Guide to Characters this morning when I thought, "Damn, are all the Corellian characters related in some sort of personal or close-to-personal way?"

I made a chart/graph on a scratch sheet of paper with Wedge in the center.

Wedge Antilles: father of Myri and Syal (named for her aunt), husband of Iella Wessiri
    Iella Wessiri: former CorSec partner of Corran Horn
    Corran Horn: fellow Rogue Squadron pilot of Wedge Antilles, son of Hal Horn, father of Valin and Jysella, husband of Mirax Terrik
    Mirax Terrik: daughter of Booster Terrik
    Booster Terrik: arrested by Hal Horn, former employer/mentor of Wedge Antilles
    Wedge Antilles: (also) son of Jagged and Zena Antilles, brother of Syal
    Syal Antilles (Wynssa Starflare): wife of Soontir Fel
    Soontir Fel: former Rogue Squadron pilot with Wedge, father of Jagged Fel (named for his mother's father)
    Jagged Fel: currently romantically linked to Jaina Solo
    Jaina Solo: daughter of the legendary Han Solo
    Han Solo: former Academy classmate of Soontir Fel

Now, if only there was a way to connect any of them to Garm Bel Iblis (aside from political allignments, of course). I think the closest it comes is in the Zahn/Stackpole story "Interlude at Darknell" where Bel Iblis is in cohutes with Miranda Savich, whom is being chased by Hal Horn; but I don't think that qualifies the same as the others.

By the way, if anyone has the computer "know how" or "well to do" feel free to make a web- or chain-diagram to make this list more illustrative.

So, knowing that Corellians are renowned for their piloting skills, and the fact that they almost all have brown hair and brown eyes (some green), are they all just inbred? ;)

2. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Nov 29, 2001
    If you don't have anything else to add to this list, you can just tell me what you had for dinner last night. My frail self-confidence would be crippled if this thread doesn't make it to at least a second page.

3. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Bria Tharen is Corellian. She ain't related to anyone on that list.

4. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Nov 29, 2001

That doesn't help then. :(

;)

5. Aggy

Aggy Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2002
    And if you want to get more depth in the connections...Hal Horn was the CorSec officer that was after Mirax Terrik's father, Booster (why do I feel like we're having the SW version of 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon?)

6. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Nov 29, 2001
    Yes, I forgot to include that Hal Horn was the one who sent Booster to Kessel. Good catch, Aggy.

And yeah, that is kind of what I felt like I was reading/writing when this all hit me.

7. HRH-Dior-Daala

HRH-Dior-Daala Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    sounds like a great dream show for jerry
    i had grilled chicken & pasta and your dinner?
    dior

8. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Nov 29, 2001
    grilled club sandwich

9. Aggy

Aggy Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2002
    Steak and twice baked potatoes

10. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Eh, I just had a Wendy's cheese and broccoli potato. I am jealous.

Righto, yeah, them Corellians definatly get around.

I think it has something to do with the authors trying a little too hard. I'm not complaining, but it happens.

Ahh, insanity! Next Jaina and Jag will be married, then Syal and Valin will be married, then their kids will get married... Egad, this is crazy... I'm all for Jaina and Jag, though. Anything to bring the Baron into the mainstream. ;)

11. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    hey everyone!!!

12. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Every Corellian is related...I guess they keep it in the family. 8-}

13. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    Ah summer, when Birds were chirping, bees were buzzing, and Groovy was living. :p

14. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Jag Fel is also full-blooded Corellian... being the nephew of Wedge, and son of Soontir and Syal ;)

Myn Donos = Notable exception! :D

15. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Bria Tharen is Corellian. She ain't related to anyone on that list

Umm, she was formerly involved romantically with Han Solo.

16. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Bel Iblis kept a very close eye on Solo for a few years after Solo impressed him with those rather "pointed questions."

(currently reading Dark Force Rising)

Although I suppose it doesn't really matter, because Groovy Ssi Ruvii is dead. 8-}

And I had Lays Greazzy-as-Hell Crisps. ;)

17. Nichos_Marr

Oct 26, 2001
    YubYub...

Umm, she was formerly involved romantically with Han Solo.

I never said she wasn't. In fact, I only said that she wasn't related to anyone on that list, which is the complete truth.

Xaverri and Salla Zend aren't on that list either (yeah yeah, they're probably not Corellian, but they might be :p ), but they were formerly involved romantically with Han Solo.

18. Jedi_Ben_Skywalker

Jedi_Ben_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    You have to ask yourself.....

Has Han had more than 3 kids?

19. Nichos_Marr

Oct 26, 2001
    Quite possibly.

Personally, I think Waru is the deformed love child of Han and Xaverri. During her pregnancy, she formed the bad habit of smoking glitterstim, but ran across a supply of defective glitterstim. Waru is the result.

It explains why Xaverri seems to care for him so much in "The Crystal Star" and why Han hates him so much. Han never wanted him, and then Waru comes back to make trouble for Han.

Luckily, Han was able to seal Waru into another dimension, never to return. The secret of their child is still safe with Xaverri, I suppose.

(Joking. :p )

20. Jedi_Ben_Skywalker

Jedi_Ben_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    OMFG!

I will not be able to sleep after that one!

That is one of the most....... (I cant think of proper words) things I ahve ever heard.

The twisted, perverted mind that could come up with such a thing should be put to sleep!

21. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    Gotta love Corellians. You can never tell them the odds.

BTW...that Waru thing was a little gross.

22. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    I thought of a new one!!!
    Thracken Sul-Solo....but he's Han's cousin.

23. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    Personally, I think Waru is the deformed love child of Han and Xaverri. During her pregnancy, she formed the bad habit of smoking glitterstim, but ran across a supply of defective glitterstim. Waru is the result.

It explains why Xaverri seems to care for him so much in "The Crystal Star" and why Han hates him so much. Han never wanted him, and then Waru comes back to make trouble for Han.

Luckily, Han was able to seal Waru into another dimension, never to return. The secret of their child is still safe with Xaverri, I suppose

My God it all makes sense now! :eek:

(Joking. :p )

Why do you toy with me Nichos? :( :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.