main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA The Coronet: a proper send off.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Tonight we saw Matrix Revolutions at the Coronet Theather where we have had so many wonderful memories of this place and many fun movie events here especially with all the Star Wars films. This will be the second to last movie EVER that they will show (They will show LOTR Return of King in Dec as the last movie).

However, there is still time to do something spectacullar for a proper send off before they destroy this landmark that was one of the very first theaters out of 32 theaters nation-wide to show the original Star Wars in 1977, and the ONLY single screen theather left in SF, with a screen only second in size to the Metreon's IMAX.

The theater will be brought down sometime in Feburary or March, which gives us a few months to work with. With help from the the Force and hopefully Lucasfilm, we are hoping that before that this place goes we can arrange to have all five current Star Wars films to be show for one last time there back to back to back...

We are hoping to make this a charity event and just to have a proper farewell to this place. Before Chanel had passed we were discussing with the management this plan and after speaking to part of the management tonight they said they wouldn't mind. However, in a greater sense this gives us the chance to finish what Chanel had work toward and we here at SF Fan Force want to make this event a reality for everyone. Here's the weblink from SW.com when AOTC came out.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2002/05/news20020516.html
    http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/steve/askjc20021021.html

This is George Lucas's favorite theather in the whole world. We should celebrate it's end in the one fashion we all love: Star Wars!

2. Rogue6

Rogue6 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I think this is a great idea! While it appears The Coronet may not last till Ep III, showing all 5 films will be a proper send off after all these years.

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    If you guys can arrange the Star Wars 5 movie marathon, I'd definitely fly up for that!

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I would love to be at this event! Once you get everything in order I will post it on the SVRF boards.

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Chanel phoned me from the hospital back in August after speaking to Steve Sansweet about possibly doing this. She was so happy and was looking forward to doing it. When it didn't seem like it was going to happen, her heart sank. I want this to become a reality, not for me, but for her. Let's do this!

6. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Copy that!

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I was looking through the SW Encyclopedia doing research for something, and I discovered that the capital city of Corellia is called....CORONET! This is a sign! We MUST get Star Wars to play one more time!

8. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Yes we must!!

9. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    LOL! You didn't know that? It's Coronet City. Corran Horn's adoptive grandfather lives there.

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    No, I didn't know that, Ming. You're the terminolgy side and I'm the behind-the-scenes side of the SW Universe.

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Right right... but together we make the ultimate uber-dork tag team! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.