main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Corran Horn Fan Club!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by ILLUMINATUS_JEDI, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster_Horn

JediMaster_Horn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2002
    I AM BACK!

...after about...*calculates*...forever.

Hectic holidays. Homework/projects second semester. Extremely lazy self and short period w/out Net-capable computer. Many excuses, so little time.

But I have returned, and I shall jump right back into the fray.

I'm starting to like Kyp. He's changed drastically. But I like Corran much better--for infinity has no equal.

It's too bad Corran and Ganner never got to have a no-holds-barred-bring-it-on-Corellian-scum lightsaber battle. THAT would have been awesome.

Thanks, Kelly, for holding down the fort. I'm sure your did it just because you were hoping I'd come back. :D

2. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    I would have preferred a fight between Kyp and Corran.

3. Kelly

Kelly Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2001
    Welcome back, JediMaster_Horn! Yes, I had been wondering what had happened to you. As for holding down the fort, hey, if Corran Horn were a real person, I'd be his PR agent. What else am I supposed to do? :)

Anyway, you will have to hold it down for the next few days. Am going to be gone snowmobiling for the next few days and nowhere near a computer. See ya later!

4. Kelly

Apr 30, 2001
    Ok, I'm gone for a couple of days, and NO one posts here? The fort was held down oh so well. Oh, well. I actually don't have too much to say right now anyway. Let's keep this thread alive.

5. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    What do you think they will have Corran do to save the galaxy in the NJO? They can't do it without him you know.

6. JediMaster_Horn

Jan 8, 2002
    Yes they can!

I'm such a bad liar.
    Corran needs to kill Nas Choka. He seems to have a thing for killing commanders, but Jaina got Tsavong Lah (and in jelly, too!) so Corran should take the next in line. And why is 15-year-old Valin hiding in the Maw while 15-year-old Solo kids and Tahiri were out kicking bad guy butt?

But oh well. As long as Corran gets to be Skywalker's right hand man and fight the Vong, I'll be happy.

7. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I could handle that.

8. pengwin_jibberish

pengwin_jibberish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2002
    Yeah I also wondered why Valin was stuck hiding somewhere while the Solo kids were in the thick of it at his age.

9. Kelly

Apr 30, 2001
    Because it is not the norm for the fate of the galaxy to rest in the hands of a fifteen-year old?

Because the Solo kids are highly unusual, whereas Valin is more like a normal kid?

Because Corran would have Valin's head if he tried anything? Methinks Valin heard a few words when he got in over his head at Yavin and had to have Anakin save his butt.

Because, if Anakin was 18, then Valin was only 13, maybe 14 if he was lucky.

The Solo kids seemed to always be in the thick of things and in danger since before they were born. Valin has not really been in too much danger. Conquest was the first time he had ever been in true personal danger, to the best of my knowledge. The kid did well under the circumstances, but he was still a KID. Remember him asking Anakin more or less why the Vong wanted to kill him and all those other questions? Yes, he took action. Yes, he felt the need to defend the other Jedi kids, probably because he was one of the oldest apprentices, but he still didn't really know what was going on and was somewhat overwhelmed. Valin was a boy who got in over his head during what he originally probably took as an "adventure" and was probably very relieved when it was over and he could go back under Daddy's protection. I don't think he's quite ready yet to take on the full duties of a man, not unless they were thrust upon him, and that would probably only be because his parents and grandfather were dead.

Simply put, it appears to be the Solo kids destiny to take on such adult responsibilities at such a young age. Let's not forget that this is not the norm, and I am actually happy that the SW universe remembers that not all kids are like the Solo kids.

10. JediMaster_Horn

Jan 8, 2002
    It's not Valin's inactivity that annoys me. It's that when he was put in danger, he didn't know what was going on. He's the son of a Jedi and pilot, and he's been training in the ways of the Force since he was a baby. Is Skywalker's academy THAT bad?

11. Kelly

Apr 30, 2001
    It's not Valin's inactivity that annoys me. It's that when he was put in danger, he didn't know what was going on. He's the son of a Jedi and pilot, and he's been training in the ways of the Force since he was a baby. Is Skywalker's academy THAT bad?

Actually, I could easily see this. Remember back in I, Jedi when Kyp came to the Academy? The apprentices didn't know much about what was going on in the galaxy. I imagine that the Academy hasn't changed much in this respect. Also keep in mind that these are kids. How well do you think they'd be able to focus on their training if they knew everything about what was going on with the Vong and their dislike of Jedi? You can argue until you're blue in the face whether not telling the kids was the right thing to do or not, but I'm sure this is the reasoning.

In Valin's case, one could perhaps add in misunderstanding. Luke hasn't been around much, so it's not like he pulled Valin aside and talked to him about Ithor. I didn't get the impression Valin has seen much of his parents since the war started, so Corran hasn't had a chance to sit him down and talk to him. As for Kam and Tionne, they probably didn't feel it was their place to tell Valin what happened on Ithor, since they probably don't even know everything that happened themselves and the aforementioned bit about the training.

I agree with you, he SHOULD have been told. I felt so sorry for that kid. Here he is, knowing that these people he's never met wants to kill him simply because of what he is. He can't understand why. He knows that his father fought them on Ithor, and something happened there, but he doesn't know exactly what. He probably did hear rumor that some people were saying some bad things about his dad after Ithor, but he couldn't understand why. His dad fought the bad guys, so that was a good thing, right? So what's the big deal, he's wondering. I can't speak for the rest of the Jedi apprentices, but in Valin's case, part of it might just have been no one wanting to tell Valin everything about Corran either because they didn't know themselves or it just wasn't their place. I think that's where the rest of this comes from in his case.

12. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Does anyone here think that Corran Horn will have a big part in the inevitable final battle between the Vong and the past-NR? Also, what squadron is this guy with now? He seems to jump from squad to squad in the NJO series.

What would really be cool is if Jaina and Corran got into a duel between piloting skills, and lightsaber fighting. This won't happen because, well, they are on the same side. It would be cool in some Tales thing or some fake story. Like a competition or something.

Here's a good question: Is Corran Horn jealous of Jag Fel's flying skills? ?[face_plain]

13. Kelly

Apr 30, 2001
    Also, what squadron is this guy with now? He seems to jump from squad to squad in the NJO series.

Corran is in Rogue Squadron, the same squadron he has been in since Rebel Dream. Before that, he flew in the Jedi squadron Luke had assembled together to defend Coruscant. Before that, he was more or less an independent, but mainly he hung out on the Errant Venture with Booster.

Here's a good question: Is Corran Horn jealous of Jag Fel's flying skills?

Why would he be? Does he even know Jag Fel? As for jealousy, I think he is comfortable enough with his own piloting ability to not have to envy another theirs. Otherwise he would be jealous of Wedge and Tycho, and I have never gotten that impression from Corran.

14. EyEOFpALpanTine

EyEOFpALpanTine Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2003
    Horn is awesome!!! I Jedi replaced all of Zahns books as my favorite as soon as i read it! then the X-Wing series came and improved it. Horn has all of the coolest things happen to him. well I guess i just cant get enough!

15. EyEOFpALpanTine

EyEOFpALpanTine Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2003
    does anyone know what happened to corran's grand-father? and what happend to the bounty hunters?

16. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I'm pretty sure he has heard of him by now. (Jag)

17. Corran10584

Corran10584 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 8, 2002
    Well, I finally got to chance to get back to this board, I've been busy with midterms and stuff. Anyways, I recently started re-reading the X-Wing series, and I must say that Micheal Stackpole is second only to Zahn. I give Zahn top honors since he basically created the EU when is wrote the Heir to the Empire series. Anyways, I just finished Bacta War a little while ago and about half-way through Wraith Squadron. This series only helped solidify Corran as the best EU character out there.

Anyways, is Stackpole going to be writing (Or help write) any of the remaining NJO books? I really love his writing (mainly because he focuses so much on Corran :D )I know there's only a few books left, but I wonder if M.A.S. will atleast be part of the writing. Anyways, that's it for now, bye bye

18. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    He is not doing the NJO because all of those books and authors are decided already. I hope that he writes something new in EU.

19. JediMaster_Horn

Jan 8, 2002
    I'm sure Corran doesn't really CARE if Jag's better. I believe at this point Corran has matured to the point that he can stand to be second best, or even one of the weakest, as long as he can contribute. What he CAN'T stand is being forced to sit and watch. Whether or not Jag could light him up in a starfighter (and I doubt it) Corran can still whoop the Vong (which is what's important) and Jag can't come close to beating a warrior in hand-to-hand combat. Corran's only concern is saving the galaxy (no to sound grandiose). He doesn't even care if it get him killed or immortalized as a fool, as long as he knows he did what he could.

20. Kelly

Apr 30, 2001
    Actually, Corran has been content to be second-best before. He acknowledged Bror Jace as being better than him. And Corran has come a long way from those days. I personally have never given much thought as to whether Corran or Jag is better, and I really don't even care. Based on my first point and Jedi_MasterHorn's comment about maturity, I really think Corran doesn't care much about it, either

21. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I think that they all have their strong points. Jag could use a little humility. Corran has matured alot and I know that his contribution to the great effort is more important than his recognition .

22. JediMaster_Horn

Jan 8, 2002
    It's still goin' strong, people. I can't talk now, but when I can, I'll be sure to have a good topic.

23. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    Corran could easily wipe the floor with Jag, and I like Jag, so I'm not biased. Its just that Corran has much more experience, has the Force, and was in friggin Rogue Squadron!

Actually, IIRC, Corran is now Rogue Leader. This was mentioned in Destiny's Way, I believe. Score one for Corran!!!

24. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Why is Corran Rogue Leader when both Tycho and Gavin are around?

25. Kelly

Apr 30, 2001
    From what I have heard, Tycho and Gavin are both off with Wedge somewhere planning something. Wherever Wedge was in Destiny's Way, Tycho and Gavin are with him. Since they're gone, Corran would be the next. I do wonder, though, what it would have been like if Inyri had been given a chance to command the squadron instead of giving it to Corran, who most likely was put in RS and later given command mainly so someone with name recognition was commanding RS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.