main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Corran Horn Fan Club!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by ILLUMINATUS_JEDI, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    You should have someone who has stayed in the squadron, not come and gone like Corran.

2. JediMaster_Horn

JediMaster_Horn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2002
    Several reasons:

1) the Force. It's one of those things you just can't underestimate. And since Myrkr, the Jedi have really learned to use the battle meld well.

2)Corran is more experienced than Gavin. Gavin is also a lesser pilot and leader (not to discount him: he's awesome).

3)Tycho isn't really with Rogue Squadron. I think he flew a few missions with them in SbS, but he's not an official member. If he was, Gavin would not have commanded at Borleias.

4) Gavin would much rather listen to Corran than order him around. Gavin thinks logically and has a lot of respect for the heroes of the early days. He's known Corran for years and knows what he can do.

5) Corran's just cool like that.

3. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    1) the Force. It's one of those things you just can't underestimate. And since Myrkr, the Jedi have really learned to use the battle meld well.

Yes, that is probably one of the foremost reasons, since in DW, the Force-meld was used extensively.

2)Corran is more experienced than Gavin. Gavin is also a lesser pilot and leader (not to discount him: he's awesome).

Corran has always been a better leader, and Gavin is still quite young.

3)Tycho isn't really with Rogue Squadron. I think he flew a few missions with them in SbS, but he's not an official member. If he was, Gavin would not have commanded at Borleias.

Tycho is technically still retired, hes just an advisor right now. And he is getting kind of old to be a pilot.

4) Gavin would much rather listen to Corran than order him around. Gavin thinks logically and has a lot of respect for the heroes of the early days. He's known Corran for years and knows what he can do.

Gavin knows that it would be for the best.

5) Corran's just cool like that

Yes. Yes he is :cool:

BTW, Kelly was right in her explanation of why Corran is Rogue Lead.

4. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I hate to tell you that Gavin is probably in his mid-thirties. This is quite old for a fighter pilot. Gavin is Rogue Leader. You don't replace him unless someone like Wedge or Tycho is flying with them. Corran has never been the squadron leader. I still say it doesn't make sense. However, I don't remember reading that Corran was Rogue Leader in the first place. He had only asked to go back to Rogue Squadron and that was the last I heard anything about him.

5. Kelly

Kelly Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2001
    Corran was Rogue Leader in Destiny's Way.

In Corran's favor, I have to say that he may not have commanded Rogue Squadron before, but he has had squadron leader experience. In I, Jedi, he commanded a pirate squadron. He was also left in charge of the Rogues in Wedge's absence in Starfighters of Adumar. The "new" pilots in Rogue Squadron would still follow Corran because he is a legend in his own right, although not the legend Wedge or perhaps even Tycho is. And, as has been said, Corran is also a Jedi, and having a squadron leader who is also a Jedi seems to be a boon at the moment in the NJO.

Don't take this to mean I am in favor of Corran being in RS, let alone in charge of it. I am still not thrilled with it, but not because I don't think he would do it. I have my own reasons for not liking it that have nothing to do with the authors or Del Rey putting him there.

6. JediMaster_Horn

Jan 8, 2002
    In my opinion, Corran would be better off commanding a different squadron if any at all. Gavin DID have the Rogues covered pretty well, and since they got out of the fiasco at Borleias, it shouldn't be too hard to find a free moment to test some pilots for replacements, making Rogue Squadron trully an elite squadron again. With Corran (w/ Jedi battle meld and a couple veterans) in charge of a new squadron, we'd get two elite squadrons out of the deal, not just one.

Even so, Corran would probably be better off outside of the official Republic command structure. Even if he still commanded a squadron, it'd be better out of the Republic's jurisdiction. Example: Twin Suns Squadron. Kyp's Dozen was a bad example, seeing as Kyp was still touched in the head at that point.

7. boady22

boady22 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 24, 2003
    Hey everybody , I just found this board . It's great . I'm a big Corran fan and i invite you all to read The CorSec Files . The link is in my sig .

8. JediMaster_Horn

Jan 8, 2002
    Welcome, boady22!

Your presence is appreciated. And the CorSec Files look pretty good. Haven't read the whole thing yet.

Basically, here we discuss Corran Horn. Ask questions, make comments, give opinions, mention really cool hypothetical situations, create muffin-powered machines to kill the Vong slowly and painlessly...oh, wait, that's the Wraith Squadron FC. But all but the last one. It's pretty interesting.

Recently, we've been discussing the wisdom of Corran rejoining the Rogues in Rebel Stand.

9. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    I take back my statement of Gavin being kinda young. He is about 36 at the time of DW, and it is old for a pilot. And Corran is the same age as Tycho, around, 48 or so. Thats getting kind of old. But Corran can still do it because his reflexes are helped by the Force.

Corran was Rogue Leader once before, and he did lead Rock Squadron, I believe, and then maybe Bolt Squadron, of the Invids. he has the experience to lead, the maturity to lead, and the presence to command, more so than Gavin, although I'm not saying Gavin is a bad choice, he's a wonderful choice.

10. JediMaster_Horn

Jan 8, 2002
    Right. Gavin can command RS, but it would stifle Corran and it meight put some pressure on Gavin ("one of my old leaders is flying Nine and watching my every move").

11. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I like Corran, I just saw it as pointless to replace Gavin with Corran without it being necessary.

12. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    technically, it was neccessary. Gavin was needed with Wedge, but Admiral Kre'fey needed Rogue Squadron for his assaults. Hence the reason Corran was named Rogue Leader (for only a short time)

13. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    What book is this in? I must have missed it completely. Is this in some ebook that I failed to read.

14. CptCorranHorn

Oct 16, 2002
    I'm pretty sure it was Destiny's Way, the most recent hardcover book.

15. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I will have to check it out again.

16. JediMaster_Horn

Jan 8, 2002
    New Question: Does the Force enhance Corran's reflexes when he's flying, or just his awareness? It seems to me that Force-enhanced movement would be telekinesis, whereas awareness would be mental.

17. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Telekinesis seems to be control over other things or people but control over his own body or awareness is different. He can fight using the force and be quite effective but only can affect others under certain circumstances.

18. JediMaster_Horn

Jan 8, 2002
    Sounds logical. Except it seems that Corran is nearly unable to affect the physical realm, which would include his own body. Except for absorbing energy of course. However, if the Force enhances his awareness and gives him intuitive powers (it does), he wouldn't need better reflexes than your average kick-butt hand-to-hand combatant, because he'd be already reacting when or before his opponent acts in the first place.

Why must Refugee take so long to arrive? :(

19. Ganner_The_Hero

Ganner_The_Hero Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    ooh,ooh, I want to join. Corran is da Man !!

20. JediMaster_Horn

Jan 8, 2002
    Please join!

Word of warning: compared to some other clubs, this one actually poses hypothetical questions and discusses the wisdom of some actions by Corran and his fellows. If you don't think regularly (i.e. once a day) you might not have much fun. But we do. :D

Currently, we're talking about whether Corran's physical reflexes are affected by the Force. But if you have another question you're burning to ask, feel free.

21. JediMaster_Horn

Jan 8, 2002
    Hello, all!

*is greeted by silence*

Oh, well. Unfortunately, it seems we intellectuals have actual lives, limiting our time on TF.N. Just checking in.

22. Ganner_The_Hero

Ganner_The_Hero Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    Jezus Christ.. I had forgotten this tread completely.

23. GeneralJustinoMarcos

GeneralJustinoMarcos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2003
    Corran Horn is one of the best jedi because of the jedi powers he has to work with. practically no telekinetic ability (unless he absorbs more energy). if there was a jedi police force corran would be the leader of it.

24. GeneralJustinoMarcos

GeneralJustinoMarcos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2003
    it seems to me that this thread has been completely forgotten. i therfore vote for its immediate termination and shall i say restarting of a new thread for this awesome character.

25. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Corran's cool. However the bit where he got taken down a few pegs by Wedge is one of my favourite SW moments... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.