main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Corran Horn Fan Club!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by ILLUMINATUS_JEDI, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_RJ

Lord_RJ Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2003
    ummmm...it was only 3 days between posts......

2. mookalukafisto

mookalukafisto Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2003
    i just found this thread (im a newbie lol) corran rocks! :) so what have you guys been talkin about?

3. JediMaster_Horn

JediMaster_Horn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2002
    Well, for a while it's been a load of nothing, but being summer, that's expected.

Generally we talk about Corran's strengths, weaknesses, friends, family, foes, ship, experiences, sense of humor, lightsaber, training, etc.

4. GeneralJustinoMarcos

GeneralJustinoMarcos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2003
    Corran Horn Rocks that is about as much as i can say right now.

5. Mena Kahn

Mena Kahn Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 1999
    I haven't been by here in awhile :)
    Glad to see this thread is still around.

6. GeneralJustinoMarcos

GeneralJustinoMarcos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2003
    I guess that more people like other threads because This Corran Horn Fan club doesn't really have a lot of people coming to it. so maybe all those corran horn fans could get a little more active in this fan club.

7. spyderbyte

spyderbyte Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2003
    hey y'all! Corran's awesome :cool: so is Mirax

8. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Mirrax is the reason that Corran is not a whiney little goody goody anymore. The potential was there but he needed a strong woman to make him reach his full potential. Before her, he had no friends and was always looking down his nose at those who had come from less spotless backgrounds. Now, he is a pretty cool guy and a Jedi to boot.

9. Mena Kahn

Mena Kahn Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 1999
    *Boost*

More Corran and Mirax discussion :)

10. KylianJedi

KylianJedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2003
    Greetings All,
    I think Corran is probably the best developed character to come out of the EU. It's been great to get to know him through the X-Wing series and on into the NJO. Corran's an awesome guy and I think he's pretty easy to relate to.

My only problem is with Corran's character during the Edge of Victory series. I realize that Anakin is being set up for a bigger role and there needs to be a good bit of emphasis on him, but I think that Anakin's role in the spotlight belittled Corran's personality. Corran was made to look like the misguided minor while Anakin was praised as the true Jedi hero.

I was pretty surprised when somebody besides Stackpole decided to feature Corran in a novel, and I was fairly impressed until Corran jumped out of a turbolift into a crowd of Yuuzhan Vong yelling,"Me first!" Anybody else know what I'm talking about?

In conclusion Corran Rocks!! but Edge of Victory was a terrible distortion of his character.

11. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Mike Stackpole writes Corran best. The stuff about him and Wedge in the Timothy Zahn duology was pretty funny. The whole idea of two members of Rogue Squadron and one of them a Jedi getting their pockets picked. Also, the way they look out for each other because neither wants to face the wrath of the other's wife.

12. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Come on folks. More discussion.

13. JediMaster_Horn

Jan 8, 2002
    I'm back to raise Corran Horn on a pedestal and admire the general Jediness of him. Or something like that.

Question: Why did Corran get knocked out of battle or badly damaged in the majority of the battles in the X-wing series? Could it hve been Stackpole's perception of Corran's skill/experience, or maybe Stackpole trying to show the reader that even the best of pilots are on the constant brink of death, or something else?

14. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I don't feel that he got knocked out that much in those battles. I think that he was one of the better pilots but that it took him a while to become a team player.

15. JediMaster_Horn

Jan 8, 2002
    Well, I did exaggerate. But usually, like once a book, it seems, he's heavily damaged. Your explanation takes care of the Black Asp battle in Rogue Squadron, but what about at Distna? Granted, it was a 6-to-1 odds ambush, but I think Ooryl, Inyri, Myn, and several others came out in pretty good condition.

I don't doubt Corran's abilities, but this pattern has always piqued my curiosity.

16. JediMaster_Horn

Jan 8, 2002
    I feel so alone........... :(

17. Corran10584

Corran10584 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 8, 2002
    Hey everyone, I know I haven't posted on here in a while, but it looked like our lovely little thread was in need of nice BUMP!!

I know it's been discussed before, but do you think Corran will play a pivotal role in the remaining 2 NJO books. Also, do you think M.A.S. will possibly right another SW book in the future?

~Corran

18. slobadog

slobadog Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    maybe we can ask M.A.S.

19. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    It's hard to say what kind of a role Corran will play. Some books in the NJO he's been a central character and others he's been nonexistent. I hope that he at least has SOME role.

And I would love to see some more Star Wars books from Stackpole.

20. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    Ooh, Corran fans! [face_love] *hugs everyone in this thread*

Umm, hi. I'm Ruth. Over-excitable Corran and Mirax fan, at your service. :D

21. JediMaster_Horn

Jan 8, 2002
    Unexcitable, we can deal with. Join us, please.

As for Corran's role in the last 2 NJO books: I hope he doesn't have the protagonist's role. Maybe he will play a pivotal part, but not as the main character. He should be supporting cast. Because that's what he's good at. Support for Wedge, support for Tycho, support for Luke, support for Anakin. He's all about support.

22. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    Yeah, I think Corran would do best as a supporting character in the final 2 books. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Corran as a central character, but that would diviate from the plot-line. Here's hoping we get to see Corran take it to some Yuuzhan Vong.

Maybe, since they series is winding down, they can bring in some of the younger Jedi, like Valin, instead of having them out in hiding. Guess we'll see soon enough.

Also, if anyone cares, I recently started the Ooryl Qrygg Fan Club. As Corran's longtime wingmate, I thought I'd let you know about it.

~Corran

23. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I hope Corran at least appears in the books; I'd like to see him as a key character although not necessarily the main character (not that I'd mind if he was, of course).

Glad to see a Corran Horn Fan Club still operating. IMO, he's the best EU character of them all.

24. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Hi There!

I'm still pretty new to this, but I'd just like to say that Mirax & Corran are the best couple in any of the books! One of the times I talked to Stakpole in person, I thanked him for creating these two characters.

Yeah, Jaina and Jag in the NJO series are pretty kewl too, but face it - they are still a couple of 'youngsters sucking face with each other when they get a chance.

And Mirax is just a character that I can really relate to. She's a very independant person that knows how to take care of herself, but still has a soft side. Sometimes doing little side jobs just for kicks, or extra $$. I can't connect with Leia because she's to royal, Winter is too secretive... and yeah. Face it, there really aren't that many heroines in the books. And between the span of the X-Wing books and the NJO - several people have just disapeared. They might get mentioned from time to time in passing ("oh yeah, I heard from so-and-so, and they are hiding out from the Vong on planet blah-blah.")

So yeah, that's my 2 cents.

Gotta run - l8erz!

Oh yeah, and Corran is a Hottie-Boom-Ba-Lottie!! :D

25. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    Greetings mirax. Admirers of Corran and Mirax are always welcome.

A question to those who actually have TFP. No spoilers, but is Corran in it? And does he play a semi-big role??

~Corran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.