main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Corran Horn Fan Club!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by ILLUMINATUS_JEDI, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    I sure hope so. Can't have too much Corran in a book!

2. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    It has Corran listed under the Dramatis Personae (as is Wedge) where as they were not in any of the other books. Just by briefly paging thru it, it looks like they are still minor characters (against Han, Leia, Jaina, Jag, and the Vong)

But... he is there. :D

3. JediMaster_Horn

JediMaster_Horn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2002
    Good to have you all!

Corran, Luke, and Wedge need to be a shield trio in the final space battle vs. the Vong. And Corran, Luke, Jacen, Jaina, Mara, Kyp, and Kam need to beat the crap out of a lot of Vong in the final ground battle vs. the Vong.

4. Mena Kahn

Mena Kahn Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 1999
    Good to see this thread is still around ;)

5. Corran10584

Corran10584 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 8, 2002
    Well, I finished TFP yesterday, and I loved it. Lots of Corran always equals a good read :D

And it also looks like he's going to be playing a semi-important role in TUF :D

::Starts twiddling fingers waiting for TUF to come out::

~Corran

6. JediMaster_Horn

JediMaster_Horn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2002
    Friend of mine has The Final Prophecy. He showed me the Dramatis Personae. First Name: Corran Horn!

Yeah, buddy.

7. --Corran_Horn--

--Corran_Horn-- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    Corran is the best of the Jedi, been my favorite since when i started the X-wing Series...

I only wish he got more time in the NJO...

8. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    Yeah, but it looks as if he'll be getting some more page time in TUF. Tahiri is bound to play a pivitol role, so natural her new Master will be there as well.

~Corran

9. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, I was glad to see they had a lot of him in TFP. I hope TUF does too...

10. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    anyone else around?

11. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    Glad to hear Corran's in TFP. I haven't read that far yet, but it'll give me something to look forward to. :)

12. CorranHorn_Wraith12

CorranHorn_Wraith12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2003
    Alright a Corran Horn fan club. SAWEET. ill have to start hanging out here more.

13. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I know this has probably been done many times before, but why dont we start discussing our favorite Corran Horn moments?

14. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    My favorite "foot in the mouth" Corran moment is when he meets up with Booster Terrik but doesn't know that it is him and tries to scare him with the "do you know that you are talking to the daughter of Booster Terrik?" line and gets squashed big time.

My favorite Mirrax and Corran moment is when he kisses her to wake her up from the trance in I Jedi and the banter that ensues.

15. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    Favorite Corran Movement: I, Jedi :p

Seriously though, one of my favorite Corran moments was his duel with Shedeo Shai in the NJO. After what the Vong did to Elegos, I was so angry, and I was seriously expecting Corran to get taken out, and I coudn't put the book down. The duel was great and Corran came out ontop :D Though, what they did to him afterwards, blaming the Ithor disaster on him made me angry.

Another great Corran moment was when he and Ganner were facing those Vong on that planet (I forgot the name, but it was in the NJO), and Corran used his dual-phase saber to stab the Vong in the eye. I almost died laughing.

Favorite Corran Quote: "If one guy calls you a Hutt, ignore him. If a second guy calls you a Hutt, begin to wonder. If a third guy calls you Hutt, buy a drool bucket and begin stock pilling Spice."

:D

~Corran

16. Rogue-Lead

Rogue-Lead Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2003
    I'm definetly in! Corran is the best character in Star Wars!

My favorite Corran moment was in I, Jedi right after the hutt's place blew up and Elegos found him naked with his lightsaber in his hand and said something like "What did you do with the rest of the speeder bike?" and the people watching him just started laughing. That was classic.

17. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    marajoan: yeah, that was funny. But I felt sorry for Corran. How could he have known?

I, too, loved the duel between Corran and Shedao Shai, although I didnt like its effect in removing him from the scene of a lot of NJO novels.

I, Jedi was great. First person, refreshing perspective (so unusual in SW), and best of all, its about Corran. :D

I think my favorite moment, though, is when Corran (along with Rogue Squadron) resigns from the New Republic and goes to fight Isard on their own.

18. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    Oh, geez? Favorite Corran moment? There are so many to choose from...I'll just post the first two that come to mind...

I love the part in Rogue Squadron after the night raid at Talasea, when Corran tells Wedge that he's as good as dead because he smells Corellian whiskey, and Wedge points out that Corran's lying in a puddle of it.

Also high on my list is the moment in The Bacta War when Corran tells Mirax that he'd had it out with her father, and she asks him if he still has his limbs attached. :D

19. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Corran is cool and I hope someone writes about him again soon. Because I like Mara (obviously) I liked the banter between the two of them in I Jedi when she is trying to find out how Luke is doing (without asking directly of course) and there is an implication that Luke might think that something is going on between her and Corran. They talk about how a relationship between them would burn bright and burn out really fast and then as Corran puts it "his wife would kill them both"

Also, how when Luke wakes up Mirrax and observes the banter between her and Corran, they decide that they can never let her and Mara get together.

20. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Favorite Corran moments... can I say "all of them"? Probably not huh...

1st one would have to be when you are first intoduced to him in Rogue Squadron, first comment of the book reads: "You're good, Corran, but you're no Luke Skywalker." If he's being that closely compaired to Luke, he's gotta be good. And following that at the start of chapter 4 he ends up looking like an a@@... so you know he's only human.

2nd Favorite is in Wedge's Gamble when Corran is trying to not like Mirax (because of her father) but he's realizing that they have alot in common... and that he might actually get to like her. [face_blush] ...Ahhh, young love.... [face_blush]

Then, of course, when Corran kisses Mirax awake in I, Jedi. [face_love]

21. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    You got it Mirrax. I like when he is trying to propose and they talk about the buying dinner and the sweet-talking are just to get into bed with the excuse of "tomorrow we may die so sleep with me tonight" line. It is pointed out that they are already sleeping together.
    Whatever. In regard to the duel with Shedao Shai (?) and Corran says that he should have wished to taste his blood "after" he was dead just before he kills the Vong commander.

22. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, Corran's line to Shai about tasting blood AFTER his death was arguably one of Corran's best. Although I happen to like a lot of Corran's lines, personally.

23. DarkjediAssasin

DarkjediAssasin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2003
    hey! I'm glad there's a Corran Horn fan group here. I just joined up here. Corran is the coolest Jedi ever.

24. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Do you think that there will ever be a book written that addresses that trip that Mara and Mirrax took together where they got into so much trouble? It might have been referred to in one of Stackpole's NJO books. I think that there should be more written about these characters.

25. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    There may well be one written about that... but, unfortunately, not in the next few years, probably not for quite some time. But maybe, just maybe, someday we'll learn about that. Although, the more I think about it, the more I think it would be more likely to see such in a short story - say, in a new Tales book. Tales from Rogue Squadron perhaps?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.