main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Corran Horn Fan Club!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by ILLUMINATUS_JEDI, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RougePilot09

RougePilot09 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2003
    Ah finally my lonng search is over....i found a home!

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Welcome, RougePilot09!

3. WinchKafor

WinchKafor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2002
    Corran is my hero. Mind if i jump in.

4. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Don't mind at all... if we could just keep this place alive...

5. WinchKafor

WinchKafor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2002
    Why whats wrong, people letting the thing slide alittle. Or just not enought stuff to talkabout conserning Corran.

6. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    There is plenty to say about Corran but you need someone on the other half of the conversation. I am reading the New Jedi Order again before I read the last book in the series. I'm on Onslaught and am again reminded of what a great Jedi Corran is by his dealing with arrogant jerks like Ganner Rhysode. Ganner comes around later but now he is just a Kyp clone.

7. Gabriel_

Gabriel_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2004
    Was there any lit. on Keiran Halycon? Or the Halycon family at all? I fell in love with them after reading I, Jedi...

8. Nemisson

Nemisson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    I think there's a short story about Nejaa Halcyon, about the rest of the Halcyon there's nothing but what's in I, Jedi.

9. PatrickTheHutt

PatrickTheHutt Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2004
    I just registered for these boards. The first thing I did was look for a Corran thread. I was surprised by the lack of participation on it once I found it. Hope I can help out a bit keeping this thread going.

I just recently got back into reading the SW novels, I picked up 2 while shopping at Barnes & Nobel for Valentine's day. I picked up Rogue Squadron (the first book in the series, I read them all a couple years ago and want to read them again to get my stories straight) and Vector Prime (It looked like the first of the New Jedi Order series - and was hoping that I'd find Corran in it somewhere).

Anyway, since I'm just getting back into the frey of the SW novel universe and my favorite charachter is Corran, I have some questions.

1 - What's new since I, Jedi with Corran Horn? (I, Jedi was the last SW book I read - Tell me anything and everything - I don't care about spoilers - I'll read on anyway)

2 - Is Corran featured in the NJO series of books? (I haven't seen him pop up in this first 1/3 of Vector Prime - I hope he shows up somewhere)

3 - Is Corran featured in any of the PC or console SW games?

Thanks in advance for any answers I get.

The Mighty Dump Maker - Patrick The Hutt

10. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    The closest Corran's come to being in the games is in JA, Luke's giving orders to the Jedi, and Corran is one of them.

Corran drifts in and out of the NJO serious, playing a very prominent role in Onslaught and Ruin, the 2nd and 3rd books of the series, and appearing again from time to time, including a fairly prominent role in the TFP, the next-to-last book in the series.

The main reason Corran's in and out of the picture in the NJO is that after the 3rd book, he goes into a self-imposed exile when the politicians start blaming him for something he did everything in his power to avoid. (the destruction of Ithor by the Yuuzhan Vong)

Welcome to the boards!

11. PatrickTheHutt

Feb 16, 2004
    Rogue - Thanks for the info, it's appreciated. I hurried up and finished Vector so I could get onto Onslaught and Ruin. I'm about 1/2 way through Onslaught, and it's great to see Corran play a decent sized part in the story. My favorite part so far is when he makes Ganner puke. That's a force ability I'd love to use on many...

Why isn't this thread a bit more popular? Is it because Corran isn't used in the stories as much now, and he's forgotten? What is it?

12. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I don't know why it isnt more popular, there are a fair number of Corran fans out there, but this thread's never really done well. Granted, I wouldn't expect it to be up to the level of some like the Solo kids, but still...

Maybe, just maybe we can get it active again someday :)

13. PatrickTheHutt

Feb 16, 2004
    Rogue or anybody else who knows, where can I get a comprehensive list of the literature in chronological order?

14. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    The list of all the novels in chronological order is printed in the first few pages of every NJO novel. I'd type it out, but the only SW book I have in my dorm room is SQ, which doesnt have it. You might be able to find it on the web too, although I've never looked.

EDIT: try here

15. deckard227480

deckard227480 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    Corran Horn simply rules the Star Wars universe. Unless you want to jump on the General Veggis* fan club, fine. Besides, who'd want to?

Hasn't anyone noticed that Corran Horn looks like Rick Deckard?

* [face_laugh]

16. Sage_Halcyon

Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Live, LIVE I SAY!!!

Um... Bump.

Sage H.

17. bladex2

bladex2 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Corran is my fav Jedi..sign me up! :D

18. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    How can the fan club for the greatest Jedi/pilot ever be all the way down here? :(

I'm starting to have Corran withdrawl. I might have to back and reread the X-Wing books again when I finish "Vision of the Future." :D

19. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Come on, there has to be life in the old boy yet.

20. KittyJawa-27

KittyJawa-27 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2003
    hello?

oh... I hope some1's here.

:p

21. Jedi-Knight-Corran

Jedi-Knight-Corran Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2004
    do we have to jion or just come in here and talk?

22. SharpesRifles

SharpesRifles Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2004
    Corran should get more time in the EU outside of Stackpole. Also I want to see more of Mirax and Iella in the EU.

23. DarthShenobi

DarthShenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2004
    I've always liked Corran but Anakin Solo is also one of my favorites, I can't decide who I like better.

24. JediMaster_Horn

JediMaster_Horn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2002
    New folks: just come in and start talking.

It's been a while since I've had a chance to post, but it's nice to see some activity.

Hey Rogue...Jedi- awesome idea with the Tales from Rogue Squadron. Who would we suggest that to?

My favorite Corran Horn moments:

When Corran kicks Shalla the Hutt's slimy butt.

When Corran and Tahiri are surrounded by Vong warriors on Zonama Sekot.
    "Remember, you're supposed to be training me. What does the wise Jedi do in a situation like this?"
    "The wise Jedi avois situations like this."
    "Oh. I guess I don't know any wise Jedi, then. Very disillusioning."
    "Right, and that's your lesson for today--don't hang on to your illusions."

25. Rogue9-Horn

Rogue9-Horn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    cool, CORRAN'S the best, can i join???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.