main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Corran Horn Fan Club!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by ILLUMINATUS_JEDI, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patches

Patches Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    I agree, Kelly, your site is really great! I, too, really like those pictures of Corran in the NEGtC. His hair looked a little bit redder than I'd pictured, but I still really like them.

2. Kelly

Kelly Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2001
    Thanks, all. Glad you like it. 8)

3. Mena Kahn

Mena Kahn Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 1999
    Yikes, I had no idea that was Michael Stackpole. I thought he looked different?

4. Corran_Horn_

Corran_Horn_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2002
    Yaaay! A Corran thread...
    Being a huge fan of Mr. Horn I am very grateful!

5. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    Corran Horn is the man! And I'm a bit miffed that we probably won't get much more about him in the NJO.
    By the way, that was pretty cool that Stackpole posed for Corran.

6. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    He's getting put in the books more again now, but I still don't think that it is enough.

7. Mena Kahn

Dec 27, 1999
    Corran is way too interesting of a character to neglect in stories..

8. Mena Kahn

Dec 27, 1999
    This thread needs a boost.

9. Kelly

Apr 30, 2001
    It is nice that he is appearing in the books, but I'm actually sort of happy that he isn't being used a lot. I'm always leery when I see someone else writing him than Stackpole. I'm always afraid that someone's going to get him wrong and butcher him. I have to say that I haven't had too many issues with the way he's been used in the NJO. I think I'm of the opinion that the more page time he has, the more opportunities there are to see him and to maybe get something good, but there are also that many opportunites for him to be screwed up. Almost every book, I find myself afraid of this, and every book I find myself relieved when he's not butchered. I know it is unfair to many of the authors, who are quite good, but I remember other characters in the Bantam line that have been written incorrectly, plus I've had some bad experiences with multiple authors in other settings. So, to sum it up, I'm torn when it comes to how much of Corran we should see.

10. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Woo hoo! Corran rocks!

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of Corran in the NJO. Anyone know if Stackpole is writing anymore NJO novels? It seems like I've seen the schedule somewhere, but can't place it. That would seem to be the best chance for Corran to get a lot of pages devoted to him in a NJO novel.

11. Kelly

Apr 30, 2001
    To the best of my knowledge, Mike Stackpole is not slated to write any more Star Wars books in the near future. He probably won't write until the New Jedi Order series is finished, if even then. Hopefully they'll ask him to do another novel when that series has finished its run. Currently, if I recall correctly, he is working on Battletech and the next novel in his Dragoncrown series.

12. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Oh well. At least there's some X-Wing novels I still haven't gotten around to reading, so I can always get my Corran fix there.

13. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    If only they would do some more of the X-Wing comics. The we could get another fix of our favorite pilot and Jedi.
    I just hope they include him more in the next few NJO books.

14. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Allston writes Corran pretty well. Zahn did a good job too. Not to mention Troy Denning. So, there's still hope for Corran to show up more. :D

15. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    True, I do think that Zahn and Allston did decent job of portraying him. I'll keep my fingers crossed that he will keep popping up with these authors' help.

16. Kelly

Apr 30, 2001
    As I said, there are other authors who seem to do well. Allston, Zahn, Denning, and Keyes all did a pretty decent job with him. I feel very fortunate and hope that this trend continues.

As for anyone who hasn't read the X-wing books: READ THEM! I don't understand why you haven't already. I made myself read them before I would allow myself to read I, Jedi, in fact, because the story looked so intriguing I knew I would want to know who this Corran Horn was before I read I, Jedi. The X-wing books are quite good. Plus you get to see a lot of Wedge and Tycho, which is never a bad thing. And Aaron Allston's X-wing books, although light on Corran appearances, are just as good, if not better in some ways. So, log off your computer, go to your nearest bookstore, and pick up Rogue Squadron today!

17. Arden_Lyn

Arden_Lyn Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2002
    I'm in! I love Corran! I bought I, Jedi when it came out but only just read it a last month. I really loved him in the NJO! I've recently begun reading the X-Wing series! He's just...so Corellian! Never read about a Corellian that I didn't love!!

18. JediMaster_Horn

JediMaster_Horn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2002
    THANK GOD!!! Sorry I'm late, just finished schooling Skywalker & Durron in a Force battle. Corran Horn kicks @$$!
    And I've got a suitable name. (nyah-nyah)
    By the way Kelly sorry I haven't visited your site lately. NJO and theforce,net have been taking up my time.
    Side note: Why do people think Kyp's better than Corran?

19. Jagged_Antilles_Fel

Jagged_Antilles_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    I wanna join!Corran is my favorite character in all Star Wars.I loved I,Jedi and the X-wing series and the NJO, and he was great in all the books he's been in.

20. Kelly

Apr 30, 2001
    Jedi_MasterHorn,

You don't have to apologize for not visiting my page. If you choose to visit, great. If not, what am I going to do? Come down and stand over you until you do? 8)

Why do people think Kyp is better than Corran? You know, those people that do think this are probably wonder why people think Corran is better than Kyp? We can guess all day the reasoning, but we can never fathom their minds, just like they'll never be able to fathom ours.

21. JediMaster_Horn

Jan 8, 2002
    I could say something about the fact that Kyp fans are brain-dead, but I'm already in trouble elsewhere for admitting-*cough*- I mean pretending supremacy, and besides, Kyp's straightening up.

But we folks should do something- maybe write a Corran fanfic with each of us writing one paragraph at a time? Or would that be as stupid as it sounds?

22. JediMaster_Horn

Jan 8, 2002
    I'll assume the answer's YES. Is everyone on vacation?

23. Jedi_Skye

Jedi_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    What do you have to do to join the Corran Horn Fan Club? I love Corran! I've just started the X-Wing Series. After reading the Dark Tide duology I am hooked! After I'm done w/ RD & RS I will continue with Wedge's Gamble. I love Mirax, too! Which book do they get married in? :)

24. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    i think they get married at the end of bacta war.

im not sure if i should join, im already a mjor part of the Wes Janson FC :D :D

25. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Nice to know this place is still goin' :)

Which is Corran's greatest mission?

For me it would have to be the Corkus (sp) Mission he did, playing a "Superhero" ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.