main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The CorSec Files #7 updated 10-27

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by boady22, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    ?The deck officer said I would find you here. He said something is wrong though, he?s only heard you swear twice this time?. LOL! Yes, something's wrong with Corran all right. I liked the way he was missing Whistler, and then berating himself because Whistler was "only" a droid.

I'm afraid I didn't expect Iella to be so weepy, though. Oh, well, everybody has their vulnerable moments.

Hmm, I liked the way that Rohan was sparring with Gil, trying to get him to think. I also liked the way Gil was teasing that Rohan was older than he was.

Good idea with Gil thinking about the tracking bracelet, and being able to get so close to it. He's on the right track with Kirtan Loor! Go, Gil, go!

2. boady22

boady22 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 24, 2003
    JaneJinn, thanks for the review, glad to hear your thoughts on it. The whole Corran Iella scene was to show a cornerstone for thier strong relationship that's going to last for well, however long. I've always seen the two as the others person to lean on in rough times. She's not feeling too well right now and niether is Corran.

I need to let everyone know a little about my writing style I guess. I try my best to keep my charaters realistic. They are going to be "human" hurt and fail a lot. We've seen Corran fail because of youthful inexperience, Gil has failed too (a Corellian who gets air sick?? kinda odd isn't lol), Rohan failed in sparing because age is catching up with him, and Iella, well she hasn't failed yet, because well, girls are infoulable as we all know. She'll have her moments though. Also I try to have a little comedy and a little action in every post for you fellas. I hope I haven't disappointed thus far.

Anyways keep the reviews coming, I enjoy hearing everyones thoughts on my work and suggestions on how what could happen next. See, I still have no idea in what direction I want to take this in.....lol I know I know

Thanks for reading, and WOO-HOO!!! page 3!!!

3. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    That was great boady. I loved the scene between Corran and Iella because they have always seemed close and you really captured that in this fic. Also I love acually having Gil in this, because after the brief scene we've seen of him the books, he seems like such a great character. One question though, where is Rosek. Thanks. Keep it up.
    ~Rosy
    btw, I saw that you all were recomending The Man Who Killed Ithor, and since its a Corran fic it sounds good, (there aren't enough of them out there), I'm just wondering, though, is it a depresseing NJO fic?

4. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    hehe boady- That had some good lines in it, and some smart thinking on Gil's part.

?Come on Bastra, any rookie would have fell for that move. But a seasoned vet like you?

Ok- being the diehard Corran Horn fan that I am... I just had to speak to the post after this line. "Any rookie? Well you don't know my Corran Mr. Rohan." hehe! 8-}

RosyRed- btw, I saw that you all were recomending The Man Who Killed Ithor, and since its a Corran fic it sounds good, (there aren't enough of them out there), I'm just wondering, though, is it a depresseing NJO fic?

The Man Who Killed Ithor is set of viggies that I'm working on. What do you mean by "depressing NJO fic" though? Are you just getting that from the title? I will admit that it has started out on a bit of a depressing tone, but it is certainly not without humor and good fun. The plan is to fill in the blanks between the Dark Tide: Ruin and when Corran is welcomed back offically in Star by Star (or abouts there) though I know he shows up for a short time in the Anakin books (Edge of Victory). Needless to say, there are a lot of entertaining possibilities that I couldn't resist an attempt. It is certainly not meant to be a depressing fic, but my goal is to write posts that are entertaining, full of drama, both the good and the bad, the light and the heavy, the funny and the serious, with action as well as a little romance when the opportunity presents itself. You'll understand if you just take a look at the first few posts. I'm going to be shaking it up a bit throughout its duration, and my goal is to be able to please a wide range of audiences ;). I try to give you all what you like, but retain my right to be evil at times as well [face_devil] But oh, you know you love the angst as much as the mush, humor, and action. Please stop by, we'd love more people to chat with :D.

-Rogue

5. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    Rosy!!!, glad to see you back! Haven't heard from you in a while. Glad you liked the post. I wasn't sure people would like it, well the Corran Iella part of it. The next part though, you all should love.

***spoiler*** (well kinda)
    We get one possibly two cameos.

Rogue, I did it again.....lol Thats two so far. You owe me j/k. Yeah, Corran wouldn't have fell for that, but its those untapped Force sense's he'd have to thank. It gets a lot more interesting in the next post, I have some idea of what I want to do with it. I'm gonna start writing it tonight. What did you think of the scene between Iella and Corran?

6. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    boady- Rogue, I did it again.....lol Thats two so far. You owe me j/k.

lol- yeah I do- thanks. I'll do what I can.

Yeah, Corran wouldn't have fell for that, but its those untapped Force sense's he'd have to thank.

Nice call.. lol. Sometimes you take that Force stuff for granted. Corran just never does appear to be your typical Jedi, so it's easy to forget about 8-}.

It gets a lot more interesting in the next post, I have some idea of what I want to do with it. I'm gonna start writing it tonight.

Ah yes, I think I know what i'm doing too :_| and I started writing mine 3 days ago and it's still not past the first page!!

What did you think of the scene between Iella and Corran?

I thought it was a ittle overly mushy at first, but what you said about your attempt to express the foundation of their close relationship and such, I really gained a new perspective. I guess you don't always think about how those friendships that we take for granted (like Corran's Force ability) were built, but it had to happen somehow, and I think your way was excellent. It relaly shows the deep feelings between the two and where they've promised a lifelong relationhsip to each other no matter what. Now, they're both happy and married, but still have that closenessthat we can see now and that they will build throughout their time together.

-Rogue

7. RosyRedFinguredDawn

Jan 19, 2003
    I agree with Rouge. The scene with Corran and Iella was great. Its nice to see how they became friends.

Ok, so how long is this after Hal Horns death? Because if its less than 6 months, there is a story that you could take from Wedge's Gamble and expand upon. (Chertyl Ruluwoor) It would be really funny.

Also, Diric's last name is Wesseri.
    ~Rosy

P.S. Can you tell that I just re-read Wedge's Gamble :)

8. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Ok, so how long is this after Hal Horns death? Because if its less than 6 months, there is a story that you could take from Wedge's Gamble and expand upon. (Chertyl Ruluwoor) It would be really funny.

Oh yes it would... Awe heck- who cares about the timeframe. Do it anyways boady hehe!! It'd be hilarious!

You didn't catch what Iella's name was before Wessiri then did you?

Wedge's Gamble is an excellent choice for a reread Rosy - ;)

-Rogue

9. RosyRedFinguredDawn

Jan 19, 2003
    No sorry, it doesn't mention her madien name. I do agree with Rouge, though boady, definatly consinder including the ball and Chertyl, it would be much fun.
    ~Rosy

10. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    Rosy,I'll think on it. I've already got the next post pretty much figured out. But hey, I'm going to need something to write about soon. I guess in need to reread wedge's gamble too.

Rogue, all I need to do is make sure whatever I write has Corran in it and you'll be happy. lol Glad to have your thoughts on the post. Thanks very much. I'm fixing to go see if you have 10 pages yet.........

11. Halcyon03

Halcyon03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    Hey boady!

Just popping in to let you know I'm reading. I'm not QUITE caught up yet, but I don't have any time to finish or for an involved reply at the moment, as it is nearly 12:30, and I am exhausted. (Curse all English reports!) Needless to say, I like what I've read so far. Keep up the great work! I will be back. :D

12. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    :D- Yep- I just love the guy- but it's still takes talent to actaully write him in character baody- otherwise, it doesn't matter what his name is- it wouldn't be Corran if you didn't do it right, so keep up your good characterization of Corran and "I'll be happy." ;)

I'm fixing to go see if you have 10 pages yet.........

Whoops- must not have been by here in a while- we're working on 11 now, thanks you of course. :)

-Rogue

13. RosyRedFinguredDawn

Jan 19, 2003
    boady,
    What about including Corran's family ie Rostek and his grandmother, if she's still alive. Keep up the writing. Thanks.
    ~Rosy

14. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been on or posted/replied in a while. Things have been pretty busy here. I'm working on the next post tonight, should have it up soon. I'll reply to your posts later. I hope everyone is doing well.

15. Mirax-Terrik

Mirax-Terrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2002
    boady sorry i haven't checked in lately! It's bee very hecticaround here! this story is getting better and better! keep up the great work!

16. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
  17. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    eeekkk!!! No one's upped this since me? [face_horrified].

I hope you're ok boady. Haven't seen you over on AF recently either.. Check in alright? :D It'd make us feel better if we heard from you.

-Rogue

18. RosyRedFinguredDawn

Jan 19, 2003
    Good luck with whatever you're doing boady!
    ~Rosy

19. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    Sorry I haven't been around in a while. I've been dealing with some issues on the home front. Someone very dear to me just under went surgery for cancer (she came through with flying colors) and i've been spending what extra time I had with her. Plus theres been other things too. But I hope to be posting soon. It might not be as fast as the others were, but I'll get them up. I'll be replying to everyone's posts soon right now I'm on the run and don't have the time. Once again thank you all for reading, hope to have something new for you soon.

20. RosyRedFinguredDawn

Jan 19, 2003
    We wish good health for your friend. Take your time. :)
    ~Rosy

21. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    Ok, I'm back.... I think and hope.....lol

HALCYON: Glad to have you reading my fic. I'm going to be catching up on yours and the one yu and rogue are co-authoring. I've just been pretty swamped lately so I'm sorry i haven't dropped in sooner.

ROGUE: Thanks for the uppers, and I hope I'm doing our good friend Corran justice with this little fic. I've ot about five pages of your fic to catch up on. I've got about a weeks worth of reading to catch up on, with your fic and Halycons and several others. Plus I've got to put the finishing touches and edit plus post the next installment. Its gonna be a busy little week for me.

ROSY: Glad to have you still reading. I'll look into your ideas. I dont know much abou those fellas, so I'll have to do some homework on them. Thanks for your concerns all of you.

MARIX: Its good to hear from you. Hope all goes well up there.

I should have a post up by the weekend. If all goes well I hope to have it up sometime Saturday, before noon. I hope you all are still reading, and once again I'm sorry for taking so long o get back to you all, and I'm sorry fr not posting in a while. I'll try to make it up with the next post......

22. RosyRedFinguredDawn

Jan 19, 2003
    Make up for it, that sounds promising, I can't wait.
    ~Rosy

23. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Just stoppin in. It's great to hear you're working on a post. Trust me, I think I've made my viggie readers much longer than you and the good ones are still sticking with me ;). People will come flooding back once you just post so don't worry about it. Hopefully I'll be posting sometimes soon after you so stop by if you find the time.

Rogue

24. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    Rosy: Thanks for stopping in again, love having you around.

Rogue: Glad to hear from you again too. Congradulations on your two nominations for the summer fanfic awards (throws up some confeti for you) you deserve it. Haylcon too, I believe she got two nods, I know she got at least one. Well done both of you.

Spike: I know you are still hanging around congrats on your nominations for the summer fanfic awards too (throws up more confeti)

25. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    I saw the AF nomination, but where was the other one? It's so dang hard to find anything in those monstrous lists of story nominations!!

Up- can't wait to see something new... soon right? lol

I'm posting in a few minutes over on my viggie thread so everyone go look!!!

-Rogue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.