main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The CorSec Files #7 updated 10-27

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by boady22, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    I keep returning ot this thread thinking that I hadn't read it before, then of course I realise that I have been. I just haven't replied until now.

This is a great one, baody.

2. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Up- and I did officially post on my viggie :D- Your turn boady ;)

And Prophet- nice to see you around- it's been a while since I've crossed paths with you

-Rogue

3. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Come on boady-

Where are you? Haven't seen you in ages.

Congrats on sticking through the first nomination round to the fnals. High five for us- you ARE going to vote for me right?? 8-} J/K You might want to go read the newest post up on The Man Who Killed Ithor... Think of the horror if you didn't come back until you actually had two posts to catch up on!! And when I only post like once a month!!

Hope you're ok and it's just DRL- although it is summer....

:D

Up!!

-Rogue

4. boady22

boady22 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 24, 2003
    Sorry for the delay everyone. It looks as if I'm going to get some free time this weekend and I'm going to bust tail getting the next post up. I'm greatful for all you out there tha aare still keeping up. And Yes ROGUE I am reading both of your fics still, even though I havent posted lately. (sorry bout that) trouble is, I'm way behind and you keep writing like its nothing.........lol. I'll catch up sometime though and post.

PROPHET Glad to have another reader on board hopefully I'll get to hear some of your comments on this in the hear future.

5. boady22

Mar 24, 2003

italicized text

The amazing view of the green planet below almost blew Corrans mind. This was the reason he loved to fly. It was views like this that made all that was wrong in the galaxy, seem right, if even only for a second. Tidus IV was a small unclaimed planet just outside of Corellian space, yet its abundant forests were a major food source for the Corellian system, and for many others. The planetscape was overrun with jungle, quenched by two large oceans at its poles, and divided by a mountain range of endless height. No one never really understood why the planet had not been claimed by any system. With its importance to Corellian society, most inhabitants considered themselves part of the system and there by bound to Corellian law. This, even though not officially Corellian land, made the planet fall under CorSec security.

The planet seemed to always be bursting with life, one aspect that always appealed Corran to it for some reason. From the view out his port side window of his T-65 x-wing, he took in all the planets glorious wonder. Amazing he thought to himself looking over the shoreline passing beneath him. The fighter continued on chewing up the land below, making way for the mountain range that divided the planet.

With the mountain range just barely in sight upon the horizon, Corran sent his x-wing into a starburt barrel roll. In finishing the maneuver, the x-wing overshot its leveling off altitude and continued slipping starburt.

? No, no, no?, Corran spoke into the comm link to the R4 unit behind him. ?I told you before you have to counter balance our inertia with the repulsothrusters while we are in atmosphere?. He could not believe that it was this hard for a complex machine like an astromech to catch on to the logic here. If only Whistler was here I wouldn?t be having this problem. Are other Mechs really this slow. Corran continued to silently curse the confounded machine as its thoughts spilled out on to the display before him. ?I know the T-65 comes equipped with system to automatically handle that so the astromech doesn?t have too, but its like I told you last time and the time before, I removed that circuitry and replaced it with a shields boost circuit giving us another eight percent in strength. In light of this modification it becomes the astromechs job to counter balance us in gravity. Whistler knew. He took to it easily, thought it was a good idea. Heh, he was there and helped with the modification. Now I?m stuck with this rust bucket. This is probably the first time he?s been flying this century. Just goes to show you, never trust anything that?s not made by ICOM.?. Corran moved the x-wing through the foot hills of the mountains skimming them by only a hundred feet or so, ?You know there?s other modifications we are going to have to go over too. I would be very grateful if you would get it this go round so that we could move on to the next one?.

Corran watched the R4 units retort scroll by on the small box seated to his left. While shaking his head, something caught his eye out the port side glass. Quickly he switched on the fighters radar. As soon as it came on line the R4 unit behind him let loose a high pitched scream, indicating that an unidentified craft had shown up on the radar. Corran stood on the left rudder and sent his fighter into a hard turn trying to get a visual. ?R4, get a class, and an ID off that vessel as fast as you can?. Reaching down, he triggered the all comms frequency. Leveling out, they lost their radar contact.

Wiping the sweat that had just formed on his brow, Corran read the information the R4 was sending. The vessel had been identified as a T-65, X-wing class, no identifiable markings. Except for the small glimpse out of the corner of his eye Corran never got a visual, and now that they had lost radar contact, it was plausible to think the fighter made its way into the mountains. Corran keyed the all comms channel, ?Unidentified craft, this is officer Horn of CorSec. Show yourself immediately and present a

6. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks for the PM. I'd just about given up on this story, so it's nice to see that there's more.

I was a bit lost, though, and had to go back and read some of the previous posts to remember what Corran was investigating. It's interesting that he should meet up with the Rebellion just outside of Corellian space -- I thought they might have been farther away.

I did enjoy reading about Corran's frustration with the strange R4 unit, and the way he was thinking wistfully about Whistler's helpful qualities. :)

7. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Thanks for the PM. You got some great technical details about flying here.

8. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    You're good at writing dogfights.

Corran knew the crafts next move.

I liked that. It was like a subtle hint at his future Jedi abilities.

lordmaul13

9. boady22

Mar 24, 2003

JANE JINN; glad to hear from ya, I want to say to all sorry for the long break between posts. I've had alot to deal with this way and haven't had much free time lately. I know I kinda moved to a different zone with this post, but trust me it will tie together with all the others. From what I've read the rebellion actually had a hidden base set up insode Corellian space at one point. I can't remember the name of the planet but if you want me too I'll try and look it up for ya. Congrats on your nomination in the summer fanfic awards too.

Spike; First off congrats on your nominations for thesummer fanfic awards. I've learned alot about flight, I've got a buddy studing to become an aircraft mechanic so when i'm around him (witch is pretty much all the time) thats all I get to hear about, flight. Luckily I get to put some of that knoweledge to use. Glad to be hearing from ya again, and I'm still reading your fics.

LORDMAUL; Glad to be hearing from you again too. You seem to be the only one reading my other fic. I'm gonna start reading on yours this weekend. I've put several hints in this to Corrans Jedi abilities and i've got alot more in store, glad to see you picked up on that.

I am currently half way through the next installment so with any luck I will have the next post up by the weekend. I'll try not to keep you guys and gals waiting so long this time. Thanks for reading everyone!!!!!

10. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    The planet seemed to always be bursting with life, one aspect that always appealed Corran to it for some reason.

There's another one of those hints of Corran's future as a Jedi, though a bit more subtle. It shows his natural affinity for that which gives the Force a life of its own and of everything that has life at the same time.

Now here's the real question: Who's the hotshot rebel X-wing? [face_mischief]

-Rogue

11. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    OK- I should just have edited my previous post, but this is less backtracking since my computer is so slow.

I was wondering boady if you might have any ideas for the lightfight I want to do with Corran in my next TMWKI post. I know you're not caught up yet, but there are only 5 posts altogether, so you can't possibly be that far behind. Anyways... just looking for any suggestions you might have. And who should it involve? Corellians, Peace Brigade, Vong, or an accident [face_mischief] Anyone is welcome to spit out their ideas. I'd really appreciate it!! :D

btw- Edit "Corellian" into "hotshot rebel pilot ;) It definitely narrows options here if we're thinking someone in particular... though it might be a little off canon- it'd still be fun 8-}

-Rogue

12. Halcyon03

Halcyon03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    Great post boady!

It will be interesting to see what happens next... especially who that hotshot rebel pilot is. I wonder if we're thinking of the same person, Rogue? GMTA! :D

Up! 8-}

13. boady22

Mar 24, 2003

italicized text

Dusk had settled in around the humid jungle forest of Tidus IV as Corran brought his X-wing down on the small landing pad he had been ordered to land on. All around a light orange hue lit up the alien sky, and the lush greenery played in the planets strong winds. He could see Techs. and astromechs evacuating the small pad the CorSec X-wing now sat on. As the Techs. evacuated, armed guards piled on to it and drew their blasters and blast rifles.

Corran popped the fighters canopy open and slowly took off his helmet, then placed it on the top of the X-wing. ?R4 take down our current position and log it in your memory file?. He continued scanning the landscape around the cleared off landing zone. From what Corran could see there were over fifty troops surrounding the area. Slowly he began to dismount the X-wing canopy.

?Hold it right there CorSec?, a small figure dressed in an orange flight suit, approaching from an adjacent landing pad, spoke as he came into sight. ?We will have that blaster you are carrying before you step out of there. Oh, and just to let you know, you are covered by five snipers right now so I wouldn?t try anything too stupid?.

Slowly Corran reached in his green flight suit jacket and removed his blaster from its shoulder strap, then tossed it to the durracrete floor. He gave the approaching pilot a cold stare as he bent down to retrieve the blaster, ?where is the pilot I was up against? are you him??.

The small man removed his helmet revealing a thick brown head of hair and an almost babyish face, ?the very same?. The man ran his gloved hand through his hair and ruffled it. ?You are a pretty good pilot. I haven?t had a exercise like that in quite some time. Step down and I will get a crew up here to fix that locking mechanism. Then I?ll show you what I can of the base, let you meet my Superior, and let him talk to you. We could use a pilot of your caliber. Bring your astromech along too. His memory will have to be wiped, security measures and all?, he ended the sentence with a quick waving gesture of his hand.

Resuming his posture to jump down, Corran let out a sigh and waved for R4 to make its way out of its compartment. I should have know they would do that. Corran jumped down to the ground. He found the landing to be a lot kinder to his legs that he expected. Now that he stood with the rebel pilot he noticed him to be taller than he had appeared to be earlier. He took in what he could of his surroundings looking for weaponry, craft, anything noticeable. Nothing could be found. All around the guards had begun to break up and return to their normal stations. Corran felt the threat on his life was at minimal danger and he extended his hand toward the rebel pilot. ?Thank you for the repairs, as payment I won?t report your presence here when I return?.

The rebel pilot laughed loudly, ?well gee, thanks. After all you only owe me your life. I could have easily vaped you back there when your stabilizer went out. Besides what makes you think your going to return? You assume too much CorSec. I know you CorSec officers are Imperialists at heart, but we?ve got to be better than the scum you are working for?.

?Wait a minute?, Corran stopped in his tracks and pointed toward the pilot, ?I?m no Imperialist. As a matter of fact I can?t stand them?. Corran resumed following the smaller man who was now walking the outskirts of the camp. ?I can?t help it the Corellian Dikat chose an alliance with the Empire. That doesn?t mean I?m just going to abandon the Corellian people. I?ve sworn to protect them. I have my allegiances to them first. I also have a few scores to settle, a few mysteries to unravel?.

The orange pilot turned to face Corran who was still pointing a finger in his direction. ?Well you?ve got a bigger problem now?. Corran noticed he was still pointing and corrected the mistake before the man continued. ?You undoubtedly can retrace your coordinates to get back to this spot, so you need to think up some kind of reason to give the General to le

14. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    YAY, i found it again. All I can express right now is how much I enjoyed the two posts I missed, and that I can't wait to read more. I can't beleive Corran and Wedge met beforehand. Would you consided maybe taking the story from here and making an AU as well as the canon story. An AU where Corran joins up with the rebellion. Please. I can;t wait to read more!
    ~Rosy

15. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    Thanks ROSY: and thanks for being a loyal reader I know I havent updated recently. Things have been pretty hectic on the home front. As for An AU or a cannon, I'm doing my best to keep the three stories I have going right now a float. Another would kill me. I just recently (like last month) started a new story, "A hero's fall" here in BTS thats what I'm working on updating next and I've got some editing to do on that one too. But hey who knows. Once again thanks for reading.

16. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Nice to see this story being continued. :)

I had to snort in amusement at the idea of Wedge Antilles shanghaiing Corran Horn to fly for the Rebellion. It's almost too bad that Corran has to go back to his mundane CorSec existance, but I guess that where he can do more good for his friend Zek right now.

Corran does seem a bit wobbly on his legs, and how convenient that he should fall right in the lap of a female communications officer! And that the seat behind the radar display was closest to his buckling knees. ;)

I'm sorry that I've forgotten what Corran was doing on Tidus IV in the first place. I'll have to go back and read the story again. In the meantime, here's hoping you can find more time to write -- I do want to see Corran get Loor! :)

17. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Eeekk!! There's like 4 posts! I lost the link, but now I'm back. I'll catch up asap boady.

Rogue

18. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    GREAT STORY!!!!!!!!!!

I spoted a MAJOR continuity issue with the SW novels though. In the book 'Tales From the Empire' a short story book, there was a 4 parter co-written by Zahn and Stackpole that showed how Derra IV happend and how Zekka Thyne got caught. In that one Hal Horn was alive, and there was no reason given to think Horn was a rookie there.

Maybe have it mentioned that rookie is his nichname, despite being, if not a veterin like Gil, at least milidly experinced.

{Edit}

I just noticed another bug. pun intended.
    In one of the X-Wing novels it was mentioned that corran and Illeia had ran into HOBBIE (I think it was him) and cause a mosquito like bug had bit him on the forehead, he got the nickname bugbite.

I need to read up to find out who it was 4sure, but he COULDNT have met Wedge.

Sorry to spoil it like this, but I had to.
    Its a good story anyway.

{End of Edit}

Ohh, almost frogot

POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST

19. boady22

Mar 24, 2003

Hey Jane Jinn; Yeah I'm really glad to be posting again. I've finally found some time to use my computer and I've spent most of my time updating and working on my stories. Sorry for such a long delay though. As for the wobbliness, I'm sorry, and you know I've got to throw a few chicks in the story somewhere. It may be a different universe but come on. lol. Corran is on Titus IV because he was logging flight hours in his X-wing. Its kind of like his meditation, his escape from everything allowing him to clear his head and think about things. I kinda figure that all CorSec officers are also pilots seein how all the ones spoken of in the books are, so theres gotta be some kind of rule that makes them keep thier skills up to par.

Rogue: Glad to hear from ya again, take your time, can't wait to get some of your thoughts.

PsychoSnpier: I'm always Glad to have a new reader.Thanks for reading and the input. I've never read Tales from the Empire and I started this story while I was on book two (Wedges Gamble) of the X-wing series. I'm sorry if things don't line up the way they are supposed to but I'm gonna do my best to explain things over time. I'm sure if you look more you can find a few other things that don't add up. As for calling Corran a rookie, he just started in a new division with CorSec and only Gil (a seasoned vet of many years, who was just recently assinged Corran as a partner) refers to him as such. In Gil's mind he is indeed a rookie. I'll do my best to keep with the timeline from here on out. As for meeting Hobbie, thats no problem it can happen. But it never said in the X-wing novels that Corran never met Wedge before he joined the Rebellion.

I hope to have another post up pretty soon so stay tuned

20. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Its still a great story.

You ouhghta read Tales of the Empire. It explains how the Empire massacred the rebels at Derra IV.
    And has Thrawn as well, masquerading as Jodo Kast.
    Thrawn and Corrana agree on something.
    Thyne deserved to die for his sense, or lack thereof, of art.

It's a great read.

21. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    More soon?
    ~Rosy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.