main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG The Costume Parade!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JaZzYjaZZ, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Hey guys, why don't we use this thread to discuss all our costuming plans..

and at the same time help each other if we can! =)

2. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Yeah, it's like our costuming conversation is running all over the place... :) :D

3. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Great idea, i am planning to go as a Jedi Knight, but r your which day, place and time r your going for the moive

4. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I want to go as a Jedi KNight too, but am very lousy at costuming.

Well, was thinking of doing on Charity Premiere or on 16th May itself. Hope more ppl here on this board can meet up together and do some roleplaying! :D

5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I want to do Wesell but I still can't find the Rescue Worker Helmet to make the base of the helmet and cheap bulky headphones :_| and donno if my seamstress can make my overalls in 2 weeks. :( I'll see how leh after my exam next Tuesday.

Come worse to worse, I'll be Padme Amidala in White Battle or Padme Naberries Tatooine (with Padme Buddie on my shoulder) for May 16th "Parade". Other costumes need only a few days to finish (heehee, I'm always asembling my costumes and doing some parts in 1 night!)

So when you all want to come together to do the costumes? I can offer my sister's house (In front of Old Teck Ghee Primary, New Deyi Secondary) in Ang Mo Kio (a bus stop away from Central). Only problem bring your own food and drinks! :p

6. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha..how about next sunday? Erm that's the 5th of May I think. Getting close to AOTC. We need to get as many ppl to be interested in costuming, then it'd be more fun.

:)

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Meesa no problem but scare the Charity Premiere tickets will get sold too this Sunday.

BUT, if at Hereen again and sale start at 10am, we can meet in the afternoon. ;) My sis is back in UK so no problem. Her house also quite sparely furnished so lots of space to lay down the cloth and patterns. Got TV, VCDs Player and Radio for entertainment and one of the room is very clear (the room I used to do the sewing). Sewing machine, I'll bring it back to my house tomorrow but can bring it to my sis house next Sunday for our costuming sewing sessions.

Anyone else want to come along?

8. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    That's cool, DE, and if the tics are really sold on sunday morning, then I'd be there too, so we can meet up first before going. =)

Delight and JediClare - You gals are doing costumes right? Can make it?

9. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    But where r they selling the charity tickets and r u guys planning to go for the charity show or on the eve?

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    So many people, so many different opinions . . .

Some of us want to go to the Charity, some not but on May 16th itself, we will join forces and watch AOTC together. I'm waiting for my friend Shawn to say wherther he's going to organize the Costume Parade again this May 16th like he did in 1999. He got exam now.

About tickets, no idea for now. Waiting for someone to give the lobang. :D

11. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    Thanks Eagle, looking forward to see u and u guys in costume again. But why dont u dress up as the royal guys like your icon. I think u'll look cool. Keep me inform about the date of show we r watching thanks.

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee not for various reasons:

1) I haven't paint my helmet. Need 3-7 days to get this done and I need to find someone to help me cut the eye hole bigger with the PROPER tools. I paid a bomb (IMHO) for it okay. :p

2) Use cheap Velvet for the outer cloak. Need to put a lining for it and improve the design.
    Wore it at Orchard (for awhile) and the cloak was flying open so many times.

3) My inner robe a bit too long and want to cover up the slit at the side.

4) Haven't bought the new eye piece from Azeem cause run out of funds (all kena channel toward the other costumes)

5) Forcepike very simple. A family friend made the top recently and I'll paint it one of these days.

And not fair if a Royal Guard win Planet Hollywood Costume Contest again, right? ;) Meesa want to show Singaporeans that some Singaporeans can create good costumes.

TR252 out ;)

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Some random photos of TR252 can be found at Darth Eagle's Album under "Many Faces Of Darth Eagle".

Must remember to get better pictures in full uniform soon. :p

14. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    Cool really look identical, u really like the royal guards dont u, i read the article from your website. its so nice that your have so much time and the materials to do a costume. I hope i can learn to do a Jedi costume from u soon and maybe for episode 3 come out with one of my own. :)

15. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    Anybody planning to go as Jango or Boba Fett?
    Or even a Clone Trooper?

16. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    yeah DE, I agree with Luke that you can make good costumes..really admire you! Maybe you should start up a costuming school..haha :D

I'll be going for the Charity Premiere and also on May16th. Well, for TPM the Charity tics were sold outside Heeren so we're just assuming it to be the same. The thing is, not many ppl on this forum will be going for the Charity Premiere me thinks~

17. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Probably can, but must get parental permission first. What to do, not old enough yet... [face_plain]

Must be back home by evening. Have to watch the Star Wars TV programme. :D

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    [face_blush]

:)

My friend Shawn said he may come as Vader on May 16th but he's having a bit of problem getting someone to make the bodysuit (out of vinyl-fake leather) the last time I heard.

Some people may also convert his Boba into Jargo, but for Clone donno leh. I only know Singapore got 1 Stormtrooper (with a movie replica cast of the Stormtrooper Suit) but he seems to be IMA. That felllow may make/buy himself a new helmet and come as Clone Trooper, who knows. :eek:

19. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    But i thought the clone trooper suit is slighlty different from the storm trooper in terms of the amour as well? So how's your costume coming along D.E? Are u planning to carry a Sniper riffle as well?

20. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    DE - U know where to get those boots Jedi uses?

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    You mean riding boots?

22. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Yup I guess so..since those are what the actors used. But I can't afford to buy those..

and I realise my predicament: I don't know what kind of cloth to buy, dunno how much to buy and don't know how to sew. This is really bad..

23. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    JaZzYjaZZ - Well, for cloth, you can try People's Park. Quite an assortment of cloth there. How to choose, what I did was as long as it looked like it and felt like how I thought it would feel, then it's close enough. :p It's hard to get the exact type of cloth, and anyway not all the cloth used for the Jedi are the same. There are a few thousand Jedi spread out throughout the galaxy what. :p

There's something like cheesecloth there. The cloth I bought (for tunic) is from this shop beside 'Ah Bee Bee' or 'Ah Gee Gee'; something like that. It was originally $8/m, but the nice lady let me have $6/m because I was a student. ;) Try to look 'studently' or say it's for a school project or something. :D

For the cloth for the brown robe, walk around and look for brown cloth. When you see a shop that has cloth that looks the right shade, and one of the shopkeepers is a lady who is very eager to sell you her cloth, then it's the shop I bought mine from. :D Got it for $6/m with some haggling. :p

Boots, just wear army boots lor...that's what I'm going to wear. :p Can't bear to spend $100+ on riding boots. :D

24. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Thanks Clare! Wow where did u get army boots..

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    The areas surrounding Army Market (Beach Road) may have them (2 shops beside Army Market & some shops at Gold Mile Tower across the road). Unfortunately, Army Market is closed now and will open in 6 months' time. :( Another problem, now I only see new boots so be prepare to spent SG$60++ on them. Mine was OLD Unused Combat Boots so I got it for $25 and it is going to the cobbler to sew back on the soles (it came off partially).

If you don't know where Army Market is, it's this Food Centre like People's Park Food Center (where you can get the cloths) opposite Golden Mile (where take buses to Malaysia) and way behind SIR.

Another alternative may be Nee Soon Camp outside but I'm not sure if there got sell used/new boots.

Or you can search for the boots at places like Far East Plaza, Lucky Plaza, City Plaza (Geylang) or even neighbourhood shops. Cost can vary from $50-$200 depending on design.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.