main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG The Costume Parade!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JaZzYjaZZ, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    So what u r referring to are army boots? If the army boots are black, wouldn't they make them a little out of place?

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Singapore Army Combat Boots are Black with shoelace. It goes to mid of the shin. This boots is wore with the No. 4 uniform or Chaemoflage(sp) uniform. I wore Combat Boots for my Jedi Costumes.

If when wearing No. 3 uniform (the pants and short sleeve shirt), then the boot is different. It's slight lower (goes to above the ankle) and got side zip. Also black in color.

There is another boots usually wore by Female NCC members called Jungle Boots. It's green in color, made of canves like material instead of leather with black vinyl/rubber/leather at the ankel part and at the toes top. I think I see the black version of it somewhere at Army Market before.

3. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Oic..thanks for the info.

If I was already in NS I would have my own boots now..haha...too bad. But I really can't imagine using army boots..unless there's no other alternative.

4. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Army Boots, well, mine is SUPER SEASONed!

Can still smell Pulau Tekong, Pulau Senang, Choa Chu Kang on my boots hehehe!

I'm wearing No 3 this days... so if i wanna decorate as Jedi Knight... hmm the boots does come in handy! :p

5. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    haha bobafett u dressing up too? :D

6. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm going to be wearing my dad's. All I have to do is go find it. :p If can't fit then I'll probably stuff tissue inside or something. :D

I wonder if he'll let me use brown shoe polish on it... :D

7. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Yah, actually if you have stinky boots that you can pair that up with muddy brown t-shirt and camofludge trek-pants and probably a muddy ruck sack or something...

With a lightsabre at your waist, you can claim to be a Jedi who have just returned from an arduous "diplomatic negotiations" from the Outer Rim world of Pulau Ubin!

:D

Are we going to the movie screening on 16th afternoon, or is anyone targeting a 16th midnight screening? I'd love to go to the midnight screening... So at least I don't have to bring strange clothing to my location of work.

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I don't think Brown Shoe polish on Black Boots will work. Unless you're using the cake version and put a thick layer of it onto the boots surface (and don't polish it off!). Or just used mud.

9. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Delight - Any situation is alright with me..but midnight screening kinda tricky, dunno if my parents will allow..

and I like your idea of a rag-tag Jedi~ :D Are u dressing up too?

So far only a few ppl confirmed dressing up. I wish I can confirm too, but that's if got costume in the end :_|

10. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    JaZzYjaZZ - Cheat lah. Find an old, yellowed Karate Gi. :D Or just go as NJO Luke. :p

11. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    What does NJO Luke look like? :D I didn't know by reading the novels you'd be able to get a clear picture

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    The same Black Garb but with added Outer Robe or vest? I haven't been reading new SW Comics lately.

Personally, I prefer his Dark Empire Suit but haven't got the time to get it done or tailor it out cause the way the outer robe hang kinda bug me. ?[face_plain] And there are 3 versions of it too!

13. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Hmm..his Dark Empire suit is skin tight right? like ROTJ?

I've read quite alot of SW novels but not so much in comics, although i read other comics..I feel ashamed.. :D 8-}

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, in the comic itself, the only differences is his vest/outer robe, sleeves and gloves. His attitude is also very different. ;)

15. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Hmm... if I dress up as Darth Sidious, wouldn't it be easier?

Just a black cloth... and nothing else! Hehe

16. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    bobafett81 - You might want to rephrase that...nothing else?!

Fine. Bad joke. :p

JaZzYjaZZ - Um. Wrong choice of words, perhaps...what I meant was what DE had on for her photoshoot in her void deck...oops. I thought she referred to it as 'NJO Luke'...hmmm. My bad. :p

I hardly read NJO...neither do I read SW comics...I think I've only read less than ten SW comics so far. Only one is mine; the rest were borrowed from library@orchard. :(

17. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Jazz: Yeah, I'm dressing up as a member of the Jedi Annonymous... Very Annonymous. ;)

Boba: Well, the cloak is one of the simplest thing to make. Just cut out the correct shape and sew. If you make it voluminous enough, you don't have to worry about anything else showing.

Of course, if you want to be Sidious, make sure you can see without using your eyes (how low is that cowl?), or else you will trip...

18. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    But me will have to put on lot's of powder... I'm super TAN now, thanks to my daily swims... a TAN Palpatine (Or Sidious), can? hehe!

Even the Sith muz promote HEALTHY LIVING mah.. Hahaha!

The next best thing is to go on as Royal Guard Republican Security Forces! Juz put on THE helmet, and a red cloak... and PRESTO! Plus the stick lah... Hmm... DARTH SIDIOUS isn't too old yet in Episode II,... so no need stick! Can walk uprite too! Now, I need an apprentice! :)

19. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Go, Sidious, go! :D

20. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    There, Lord Sidious.

:: Points to DD/Dooku::

;)

21. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha so in the worst scenario I'll just go as Jedi knight Luke, but where to get that kind of tight body suits? Doesn't solve the problem of the boots too.

ACtually I have this pair of brown riding boots. It's quite high, almost reaching the knee, but because it was my aunt's the shoe size is too small for me! :_|

22. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    The last time me and friends did Sidious, we put talcum powder or white cold mask or blue cold mask to look pale aka like Hologram Sidious. :p

You also got the RG helmet, Bobafett81 ?

For ROTJ Luke, you can either use Black Turtle Neck T-Shirt (fitting size if you want body tight) with either Track Pants or Bicycle/Swimming/Dance Tights. The belt, just use ordinary belt. ;)

23. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    JaZzYjaZZ - What's her shoe size? Lend me!!! Lend meeeeeeee!!!

:p

24. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    haha..i don't really know the shoe size but can guess it's around 7? you're still a student, so should fit one..

erm..DE, how about Luke's boots?

25. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    I think I will go as (gasp)... the ordinary Star Wars fan... will wear my Episode II Tees... hehe so simple, i just use those transfer and pasted the Episode II poster on my BODS shirt... haha!

Anyway, me still recovering from the SHOCK that ROSS is Racheal's baby's father. OMG!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.