The Costume Thread - Take 2

Discussion in 'Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ok, here is the NEW costume thread. The old one has went away and this new one is in it's place. Nothing more to see here. Move Along... Move Along.

:D

2. DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Again, I have a Darth Sidious Costume, very good quality, and a Dark Jedi costume. TIE pilot is on hold but I'm hoping I can get it done someday.

At least I'll get my Imperial hat, I was measured for it last weekend at Dland.

:)

Of course now my hair is not regulation.

:(

3. ID-2132 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Imperial Officer, here.
  4. Siri-Tachi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I have my Jedi outfit (similar to Qui-Gon Jinn) including Jedi boots, robes, and saber. I have many other Star Wars costume as well; much of Princess Leia's wardrobe and a set of Imperials. Along the same line, Marian Ravenwood's outfits from Indiana Jones. If we need to count the rest (others costumes) include V, Trek, and Logan's Run... I think that is about it and covers most Sci-Fi outfits. We won't count the rest. :)
  5. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    2 versions of generic Jedi robes, etc. That's it, Star Wars-wise.

Other random stuff: Frodo costume, Frodo orc armor, pirate duds with spiffy coat, Kaylee costume from Firefly.

Pretty lame, eh? Not much stuff.

- Kai
  6. Taeriel Jedi Master

star 5
    Star Wars: Celebration Leia, Jaina Solo (green outfit from the Japanese covers of Reunion and Refugee), Bastila Shan (in progress) and generic Jedi robes (retired).

LotR: Arwen's Blood Red dress

Stargate: a Goa'uld (original design, not based on a character from the show)

Other: basic Ren Faire outfit; anime: Kayura from Samurai Troopers, Miyu from Vampire Princess Miyu.
  7. DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, as far as other costumes go, hoo boy:

*Victorian Gentleman / Dicken's Faire
    *Civil War Artillery Uniforms (both Confederate and Union)
    *Three variations of Klingon (Bronze colored armor, Blue and white, and old series).
    *Wild West gunfighter outfit
    *1800's Undertaker
    *Phantom of the Opera
    *Vlad Dracula (gray walking outfit, similar to Victorian garb)
    *Headsman/Vile Executioner
    *Vampire Hunter (old style Van Helsing)
    *Several variations of Ren Faire / Pirates
    *Jack the Ripper
    *Babylon 5 Centauri

Got a closet of stuff that I can mix and match to create a wide variety of different characters.

8. Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    here goes:

Star Wars: OT: ALL of Han Solo's outfits, (Except the Snow Outfit and ST armor) and a couple from old FanZine drawings.

Star Wars: PT: ALL of Kenobi's outfits (except General Armor), including my new favorite, the Mustafar Smoking, Burning, BBQ the former Padawan outfit. (and the just for fun: Behind the scenes, Hyperspace Webcam, EP III Lightsaber Fighting Practice Ewan McGregor outfit)

Indiana Jones: ALL of Indies Outfits, including the "Professor" one

Also: "V" visitor and visitor fighter, Tommy Lillard (HF) from Frisco Kid (Both cowboy and Fancy Clothes), "Goose" flight suit and helmet from Top Gun; HAD Caesar and Cornelias from Original Planet of the Apes (until my appliances finally went to appliance heaven..aka..rotted;various Renfaire and Horsegames/Jousting outfits. (own no armor myself)

Hmmm., I see a definite lacking in the Armor dept..must do something about that.

Completed but never worn..yet!: Cutter from the Elfquest Series...yup all the leathers, furs and even New Moon complete with hidden key in hilt!

In the works: Captn Jack (both PoC I and II), General Kenobi Armor, poss Storm Trooper Armor. Still threatening people with doing Willie Wonka! :)

9. DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan

star 4
  10. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Somewhere, I have a pic from me as a high school student in a cobbled-together Visitor uniform for Halloween...before I even had gone to my first con! ;)

- Kai
  11. Taeriel Jedi Master

star 5
    Wow. That brings back memories. V was my favorite tv show back when I was like 10 or something.

I was just thinking the other day that I didn't really feel any appeal for working on new costumes, aside from re-designing and redoing the Goa'uld essemble... but then I watched the Sci-fi Friday preview show last night, and saw some interesting possibilities. I'll have to get a closer look when the episodes actually air.
  12. DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I didn't want to admit I had a Visitor Costume, as it no longer fits. But it didn't fit well even back then, the ah, inseam was a little high. Okay, it's a jumpsuit and was too short for me, so when I sat down my voice would get real squeaky.

Been thinking about selling it forever, it was made from the same materials as the film made ones, but every time I do I get all nostalgic and put it away again. Besides, the glasses are scratched if I could find them, and without the glasses, it's just not... complete.

And you know how Sid gets about things being complete.

I remember when V was all the rage, I made up a lizard skin appliance and put it in a gift exchange. Of course the one who got it was a non-fan, and had no idea what it was. She held it up like she would a dead possum and said, "Ewww, what IS this?"

13. TionneHawk Jedi Knight

star 5
    SW: Obi-wan (Ep.1) style Jedi
    Sith Witch (fanfilm in progress)

In the works: TIE pilot :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.