main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Costume Thread - Take 2

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Ok, here is the NEW costume thread. The old one has went away and this new one is in it's place. Nothing more to see here. Move Along... Move Along.

:D

2. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Again, I have a Darth Sidious Costume, very good quality, and a Dark Jedi costume. TIE pilot is on hold but I'm hoping I can get it done someday.

At least I'll get my Imperial hat, I was measured for it last weekend at Dland.

:)

Of course now my hair is not regulation.

:(

3. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Imperial Officer, here.

4. Siri-Tachi

Siri-Tachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    I have my Jedi outfit (similar to Qui-Gon Jinn) including Jedi boots, robes, and saber. I have many other Star Wars costume as well; much of Princess Leia's wardrobe and a set of Imperials. Along the same line, Marian Ravenwood's outfits from Indiana Jones. If we need to count the rest (others costumes) include V, Trek, and Logan's Run... I think that is about it and covers most Sci-Fi outfits. We won't count the rest. :)

5. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    2 versions of generic Jedi robes, etc. That's it, Star Wars-wise.

Other random stuff: Frodo costume, Frodo orc armor, pirate duds with spiffy coat, Kaylee costume from Firefly.

Pretty lame, eh? Not much stuff.

- Kai

6. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Star Wars: Celebration Leia, Jaina Solo (green outfit from the Japanese covers of Reunion and Refugee), Bastila Shan (in progress) and generic Jedi robes (retired).

LotR: Arwen's Blood Red dress

Stargate: a Goa'uld (original design, not based on a character from the show)

Other: basic Ren Faire outfit; anime: Kayura from Samurai Troopers, Miyu from Vampire Princess Miyu.

7. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Well, as far as other costumes go, hoo boy:

*Victorian Gentleman / Dicken's Faire
    *Civil War Artillery Uniforms (both Confederate and Union)
    *Three variations of Klingon (Bronze colored armor, Blue and white, and old series).
    *Wild West gunfighter outfit
    *1800's Undertaker
    *Phantom of the Opera
    *Vlad Dracula (gray walking outfit, similar to Victorian garb)
    *Headsman/Vile Executioner
    *Vampire Hunter (old style Van Helsing)
    *Several variations of Ren Faire / Pirates
    *Jack the Ripper
    *Babylon 5 Centauri

Got a closet of stuff that I can mix and match to create a wide variety of different characters.

8. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    here goes:

Star Wars: OT: ALL of Han Solo's outfits, (Except the Snow Outfit and ST armor) and a couple from old FanZine drawings.

Star Wars: PT: ALL of Kenobi's outfits (except General Armor), including my new favorite, the Mustafar Smoking, Burning, BBQ the former Padawan outfit. (and the just for fun: Behind the scenes, Hyperspace Webcam, EP III Lightsaber Fighting Practice Ewan McGregor outfit)

Indiana Jones: ALL of Indies Outfits, including the "Professor" one

Also: "V" visitor and visitor fighter, Tommy Lillard (HF) from Frisco Kid (Both cowboy and Fancy Clothes), "Goose" flight suit and helmet from Top Gun; HAD Caesar and Cornelias from Original Planet of the Apes (until my appliances finally went to appliance heaven..aka..rotted;various Renfaire and Horsegames/Jousting outfits. (own no armor myself)

Hmmm., I see a definite lacking in the Armor dept..must do something about that.

Completed but never worn..yet!: Cutter from the Elfquest Series...yup all the leathers, furs and even New Moon complete with hidden key in hilt!

In the works: Captn Jack (both PoC I and II), General Kenobi Armor, poss Storm Trooper Armor. Still threatening people with doing Willie Wonka! :)

9. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    :in Depp voice:

Ew!

10. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Somewhere, I have a pic from me as a high school student in a cobbled-together Visitor uniform for Halloween...before I even had gone to my first con! ;)

- Kai

11. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Wow. That brings back memories. V was my favorite tv show back when I was like 10 or something.

I was just thinking the other day that I didn't really feel any appeal for working on new costumes, aside from re-designing and redoing the Goa'uld essemble... but then I watched the Sci-fi Friday preview show last night, and saw some interesting possibilities. I'll have to get a closer look when the episodes actually air.

12. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    I didn't want to admit I had a Visitor Costume, as it no longer fits. But it didn't fit well even back then, the ah, inseam was a little high. Okay, it's a jumpsuit and was too short for me, so when I sat down my voice would get real squeaky.

Been thinking about selling it forever, it was made from the same materials as the film made ones, but every time I do I get all nostalgic and put it away again. Besides, the glasses are scratched if I could find them, and without the glasses, it's just not... complete.

And you know how Sid gets about things being complete.

I remember when V was all the rage, I made up a lizard skin appliance and put it in a gift exchange. Of course the one who got it was a non-fan, and had no idea what it was. She held it up like she would a dead possum and said, "Ewww, what IS this?"

13. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    SW: Obi-wan (Ep.1) style Jedi
    Sith Witch (fanfilm in progress)

In the works: TIE pilot :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.