Ark The Costuming Thread: With C4 coming up....Who needs to work on their costume?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    i cut out material for four hours the other day. i hope to finish sam's today. he wants to be in this twister thing but i told him he was too young. he is nine. he will be in costume at the library though. he is looking pretty evil when he gets it all on.
  2. hyperspace_police Force Ghost

star 4
    You know, Tre's only like 12...

So, if he wants to...I don't have a problem with it.

That is...if you don't mind.

Just remember....A carefully cut out garmet is easier to sew.

And that black is evil. And black micro-fleece is even worse.

But, the finished product is very nice.
  3. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    his costume is coming along quite nicely but my machine is starting to act up and i still have a darth cloak to go. i will bring him with me tomorrow. he and trey can always go nuts.
  4. hyperspace_police Force Ghost

star 4
    Sweet!

We'll (Kynstar and me) will be out about 3ish...

Later
    Bacon
  5. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Had a blast! :) Thanks once more for letting us come out and hang out! [face_dancing]
  6. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    No problem.
    And Lisa Sam's costume is coming along very nice.
  7. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    i finished his cloak last night. he is very evil looking. if you need an emperor my other son, josh, who's 15 and about 6'1 said he would do it. he is bugging me about a costume but i am a little sick of the sewing machine right now. i can make a cloak if need to.
  8. hyperspace_police Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll get with Nyborg about the "Emperor."

He's actually pretty close to the right height for the robe.

Also, if he'd like to be a Jedi...we could probably rig something up?

Not sure, but posssibly.

9. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    he wants a jedi costume but i cant peg him down on exactly what. i will talk with him.
  10. hyperspace_police Force Ghost

star 4
    Think he'd mind wearing the Palpy robe?

11. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    no he wouldnt mind. he already said he would do it. i finished my costume but dont like the top. so i go back to fabric store and spend more money on it. i needed a new one anyway. being corellian, you have to bring a certain amount of flair to it. they are a little full of themselves so i cant go around and not represent. so i found this top in the vogue patterns, got some dark green gabardine with brown trim. its a little feminine but i think this fits kira halcyon better than the other. btw, bj, in the vogue book there is a top like the one you are going to do for you. is it the same one?
  12. hyperspace_police Force Ghost

star 4
    You evil woman. Now I want to go buy patterns... hee hee hee!

Are you going out to Henry's early Sat?

I might need you to help me put some trim on a Padme top?
    (The brown one...from Mustafar.)
    I've got the top...Just need the trimmings?

Can't tell what they used for the trim? But, I'm probably just going to get some binding tape...or something like that.

And the silver thingy?
    Don't know about that part...any guesses?
  13. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    we are shooting for around two. that should give plenty of time to walk thru it enough.

as for the silvery thing, i would have to look at it. sometimes you have to just manufacture it out of other material and make it look like it.
  14. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    I am thinking of doing a BSG pilot and a Captain Jack Sparrow. What do y'all think? Do you think I can grow enough beard to bead before Halloween?
  15. hyperspace_police Force Ghost

star 4
    If you can't grow it...you can fake it...

Hee hee hee.

Darn 1 minute rule. Thats so annoying...

(and Dodge...how dare you call some of these threads "less important"...just kidding.
  16. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Can I cut some of the hair from the back of my head and weave it in? [face_skull]
  17. hyperspace_police Force Ghost

star 4
  18. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    when sam was my padawan for midnite rots, i cut my hair and attached it to him. everyone kept pulling it. facial hair and head hair have different consistencies. i dont know if i would try it. i am working on tenel ka for halloween. its just an excuse to wear those snakeskin boots in public.
  19. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    So how do I make fake dreds? I am planning on attatching them to some sort of mesh skull-cap, so I don't have to wear a full wig--or maybe directly to the do-rag.

I need to find some good reference pictures and start making a list of components I will need, but off the top of my head, I think what's going to be most difficult is a good tricorn hat and boots. If I decide to do a sword and scabbard, that will be a chore, or expensive, or both...

Should I do "Chief" Cap'n Jack--with eight eyes, etc...?
  20. hyperspace_police Force Ghost

star 4
    Only if you want to walk around pretending to be Captain Feathersword from the Wiggles...while looking decidely gay....

Hee hee hee

I don't know how to do fake dreds...But, I wish you the best of luck with the costume..

I'm going to be limited on my Haloween choices.

Lets see...I could do Pregnant Padme in brown...or green...or blue...well, you get the point.
  21. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
  22. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    i would get a wig, put it on my head, and use a hair product to imitate the natural oils of a person. then i would get twisting. since the movie was so popular they might come out with a wig. it probably wouldnt be top quality just something massmarket. partytime will have the tricorn hat for sure.
  23. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the tip. I hadn't even thought of Party Time.
  24. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    they have a great selection.

after i make tenel ka costume i think i will attempt a tionne one. first one where i will need a wig.
  25. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh my goodness, with a lot of stuff going on, I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get around to making that Padme dress. I haven't even finished my Leia costume yet! I want to be in that Costume Pageant and Cabaret so cotton-pickin' bad. What's even worse, I've misplaced that pattern for that Padme ballgown with the beads. Police, if you have the time to do so, I may just pay you to do it. I plan on buying a pregnant belly from Costume Corner, so that would need to be fitted into as well. I don't know how demanding my classes will be (not to mention stuff with Excel Model & Talent), should I make it there. If you can't, maybe you know who can hook me up? I'm still going to do my doggonest to make it to Celebration IV, but I have yet to build up savings for it. The start of it this month went to expenses.

Lavenderrose @};-
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.