main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

the council must convene

Discussion in 'Archive: Winston-Salem, NC' started by VinkFloyd, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VinkFloyd

VinkFloyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2000
    ok, guys.
    it's time to get serious here. we need to make some major decisions, the first of which being location.
    grande in greensboro, or regal in high point?
    i have to be honest, i'm leaning toward regal.
    if i'm outvoted, i'm outvoted. but give me the chance to make my point...
    i hook these people up with free pizza ALL THE TIME. they love me. i know every manager by first name. i haven't paid to see a movie there ever. i haven't had to use a free pass since harry potter.
    tickets WILL pre-sell both at the physical box office & on fandango.com.
    there will be a will-call list for tickets reserved on fandango.
    i'm guaranteed, GUARANTEED!!!!, first in line status. if i have 15 people, i can even reserve a row.
    of course, there's still the possibility they aren't getting it...
    that's the only thing that makes me have an inkling toward the grande. they have what? 14 screens? no doubt they'll get it. but does ANY of us have the VIP status there?
    let the flood gates open...

2. swag1138

swag1138 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    Personally, Id go to the Wynnsong, but Im guaranteed to get outvoted there.

I really dont care, so long as I get in for free with my wheelchair, which I dont know if either theater has that same policy.

(Are they carmike theaters? Because thats a carmike policy, so....)

But anyway....when is the presell?

And why is my balloney sandwich so soggy....

3. VinkFloyd

Sep 28, 2000
    swag, i'll be honest with you. i'm NOT against the idea of Wynnsong. it has its charms as well. but as far as i know, they will NOT pre-sell tickets.

i'll check the wheelchair policy (as far as cost) on at least the Regal and i'll check pre-sell policy at Wynnsong today.

and no, neither cinema in high point or greensboro is a Carmike. The Grande is owned by Consolidated Cinemas and the Regal is owned by Regal Cinemas.

you and i (and others?) should go out to the Regal sometime so you can see the screen and seating arrangement. basically, for wheelchair bound people, the seating is beihind the backrow of the floor seating area. i'd allready asked the general manager, Ricky Johnson, about this. however, i feel the best seats in that screen are the first row of stadium seating, which would require a minor climb of a flight of stairs, which i know you can handle. as far as free for those seats? dude, i'll pay for your ticket if we all decide that'd be the best row to sit in if we decide to go there.
    now, The Grande's seating arangement as far as wheelchairs is pretty cool. but eXodus is more of an expert on that than i am. he's seen more movies there than me. i could describe it, but i can't remember if the first group of seats are all even or if they are stadium. basically, there's a break in sections, and there are a few seats on this "floor" but with gaps. those gaps are for wheelchairs. cost? idunno.

Regal Cinemas has not been able to say when the presell will be. it's actually up to Lucasfilm. at this rate, they're not even sure they're getting it. NOBODY is. the thing that makes you wonder at the regal is that they are only 7 screens. but they DID have Phantom Menace. they did NOT get Lord of the Rings. these two things lead in the direction of getting a print of Attack of the Clones. they'll sell tickets as soon as possible. at MIDNITE on fandango.com and around noon the following day. yes, buying at midnite on fandango would be the best option. at least that's what i got out of conversations with Mrs. J. it could definately sell out on the net and not a single ticket would be sold at the box office.

oh yeah, The Grande is also hooked into fandango, from what i've heard.

ok, let me pimp the Regal for another few reasons...

everyone in the triad knows how kickass The Grande is. i will not deny it's a much better theater. 6 out of the 7 screens at regal suck balls. but one of them is damn good. that one will definately house AotC. remember back in '99 when the midnite and 3 a.m. shows at Wynnsong sold out BEFORE the first midnite show at the Carmike 10? i'd liken this to be a similar situation. people are gonna wanna head out to The Grande (Wynnsong 12) and see it there before The Regal (Carmike 10). the ?only? reason we were part of the elite few toward the front of that line was our "relationship" with mr "i got fired for embezzlement." we have no such relationship with anyone at The Grande, as far as i know. we DO have a great relationship with the managers at the regal. hell, not just the managers, but all the employees too. i've been hooking them up for months and months and months, mostly cuz i'm a cool guy. but look what it lends itself to... information... preferential treatment...

let me give you a few examples.

Breathing trailer. i saw it with a few of the people i've invited to this board the Thursday night before it was supposed to be out with Monster's Inc.

remember the Forbidden Love trailer? this is even better... no one was supposed to see it until it was in front of Harry Potter, right? well, they had the trailer on a Wednesday. i was told by Mrs. J. that if I and my boss came into work early thursday morning that they'd string it up for me and him to watch. After carrying the reels for Harry Potter (they had 2 prints. 6 cans.) up to the projection room, the forbidden love trailer got strung up for us to see. after playing it once thru, i shouted "Play it again!" Mrs. J says, "Yeah, Steve, play it again!" Steve's one o

4. DarthDeleterious

DarthDeleterious Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    The Regal is my chocie of a location - IF they get AOTC. My second would be the Grande -- Its quite good when you get a pre sell tickets because you know when you will see it and what time etc. I prefer pre sell over waiting in lines. Carmike has never offered pre sell and I really doubt they will on AOTC.

Not to mention they are a better theater anyway !!!

5. VinkFloyd

Sep 28, 2000
    >The Regel is my chocie of a location - IF they get AOTC. My second would be the Grande -- It quite good when you get a pre sell tickets because you know when you will see it and what time etc. I prefer pre sell over waiting in lines.

well, hey, just cuz we get pre-sell tickets, doesn't mean there will be no line-waiting. there's ALWAYS line-waiting. but, with pre-sell tickets, at least we will be ahead of people (via the will-call list) who waited to buy the tickets bricks n' mortar style.

>Carmike has never offered pre sell and I really doubt they will on AOTC.

i'll check, just to be sure, but if they are running a policy of "no midnite shows" as i just posted, well, there's not point in even bothering with them.

6. DarthDeleterious

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey --

Lines are good -- Lines are great -- Lines show us what REAL Star Wars Fans are ABOUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The point I was making is lets avoid the LINE for TICKETS and lets look forward to having our tickets in HAND so we can enjoy the line going into the MOVIE -- WHAT BETTER WAY TO SPEND THE 16th THEN WITH OTHER HAPPY STAR WARS FANS chatting and ranting and worshiping the very ground that our beloved Lucas walks on...... Well maybe not ... but anyway -- LINES ARE FUN and I ENJOYED TPM for that MATTER I ENJOY STANDING IN THEM for all the SPEDs also !!!!!

Think LINES and Think FUN at the same time .

:p

7. DarthDeleterious

Apr 2, 2002
    Let me share me experience with you of when I went to see TPM in 1999. At that time I was working at Target in Greenville, SC. Across the street from our store was The Hollywood 20 - a Regal Cinema and at the time largest in the state of SC. They had published the Pre Sell of TPM tickets would start on a certain day at noon or something like that. I then took my brake around 11:15-11:20 and proceeded across the street ? by the time I had gotten there I saw a line already wrapped around the building and going down the side of the parking lot. I waited in line for about 30 minutes as they had ever window open in the box office. I got to the window and to my shock the 12:30 AM showing and the 7:00 PM showing had NOT sold out!!! I went ahead and bought tickets for both.

When it came time to see the film my friends and I went to the Hollywood 20 at about 7:30 PM that evening for the 12:30 AM. There where about ten people in line ahead of us so we got very very good seats once inside. Its was a FUN evening but the most fun was NOT having to wait in a line for days and nights because the Regal had the management and organization in place to provide an excellent film watching experience ? WHICH I look forward to again on AOTC.

8. JMereel

JMereel Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    Ok, look, I know most of you guys won't go in for this idea but hear me out. Remember how they delivered the prints of Phantom Menace to Wynnsong in an armored car and all? Well, wherever we see Episode II we should plan an ellaborate heist and steal the movie before it even makes it to the theater. Afterwards we can take the lamp shade off of a lamp, use a 120 watt bulb, and look at each and every frame of Attack of the Clone while we circle jerk. And when each of us finishes we should say something clever and Star Wars related about how we came. For instance, I'll say "Look at my mighty clone army!" So, what do you guys think?

9. swag1138

swag1138 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    Hmmmmmmm.....interesting proposition...Ill keep it in mind.

On another note, my balloney sammich is still soggy, and I dont think I want to eat it now......

10. VinkFloyd

Sep 28, 2000
    DarthDeleterious:
    well, here's the thing, if we can make a decision on where we're gonna be and it's the Regal, i can probably negotiate a LIST system.
    (/me listens to everyone who was at Wynnsong in '99 GROAN at the mention of the LIST)
    well hey, who ended up being right in the end? they went with the damn list afterall, didn't they?
    ok, so tickets aren't going to be the issue. but the actual lineup? i'm pretty sure i can get authorization for an official list. i'll look into it. point being, if the line is organized in a black and white space on paper, it doesn't have to physically manifest itself in people form until about 1/2 hour before we go in for the show.

JMereel:
    if you provide weapons, i'll be happy to brandish one in the heist. just make sure they don't say REPLICA on them...

Swag:
    after over 12 hours, i wouldn't eat it even if it weren't soggy.

11. BigD42na

BigD42na Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    Honestly, I could care less as long as the screen is good and The popcorn doesn't suck!!! I live minutes from Wynnsong, so personally I would lean more toward it, but that doesn't really decide it. I will drive if I must.

BTW, if you are wondering who the F@#|< I am...I was once known as Agent Smith. Nice to see some of the group has remained together all this time. We really should do a bit more foreward-thinking into the T-Shirts this go 'round, tho...LOL.

BigD42na

"I may not be good...but I'm fast!"

-A man who would rather not be named

12. swag1138

swag1138 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    Hmmmmm........ *pokes sandwich, grimaces at the squishy sound it makes*

Im beginning to think your right Vin...this sammich is a bit gone now...Im afraid it might sprout legs and go on a killing rampage, dystroying all who stand in its way as it rises to be the dominant life form of the planet.....

*watches as the sandwich begins to sprout legs*

Hmm...that cant be good.........

13. VinkFloyd

Sep 28, 2000
    >Honestly, I could care less as long as the screen is good and The popcorn doesn't suck!!! I live minutes from Wynnsong, so personally I would lean more toward it, but that doesn't really decide it. I will drive if I must.

I think we could consider Wynnsong an option if we do not have advance tickets in hand by the time it's time to get in line.
    ACTUALLY, there may be a personal conflict with Wynnsong management... I ran into Joel tonight and he said that the guy who runs the Wynnsong USED to run the bowling alley and that he's basically a prick. What is it about the Wynnsong hiring pricks for managers? Oh, and expect Joel to pop in any time now due to our meeting tonight.

>BTW, if you are wondering who the F@#|< I am...I was once known as Agent Smith. Nice to see some of the group has remained together all this time. We really should do a bit more foreward-thinking into the T-Shirts this go 'round, tho...LOL.

Dude, I wear my Wynnsong 99 T-shirt quite often. Granted, it's underneath my work shirt, but still...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.