main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Courtship of Jagged Fel (a post-NJO collaboration): Complete, Author replies, Sept 16th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lex, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKeira_Lex

TKeira_Lex Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2004
    Title: The Courtship of Jagged Fel
    Authors: TKeira_Lea & Darth_Lex
    Timeframe: post-NJO
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo, OCs
    Genre: Romance, Action, Intrigue
    Keywords: J/J, canon, post-NJO
    Notes: Updated on Wednesdays
    Summary: One year after the treaty with the Yuuzhan Vong, peace at last prevails in the galaxy. Yet simmering disputes threaten to explode into open conflict at the edge of the Unknown Regions ? and in the great unresolved love of The New Jedi Order.

Disclaimer: Lucasfilm owns all the rights to Star Wars. We wish we did, but we don?t. Any similarities between this story and Troy Denning?s upcoming Dark Nest post-NJO trilogy, and any resemblances to any actual person or event, are purely coincidental. Not that you could ever prove it if they weren?t.

A new collaboration from the producers ?

? of The Force Evolution Series ?

? and The Skywalker Prophecy trilogy.

Nominated for seven 2004 Winter Fan Fiction Awards and winner for:

Readers' Choice Romance
    Readers' Choice Canon Interpretation, Male for Jagged Fel
    Readers' Choice Collaborative

Nominated for six 2005 Summer Fan Fiction Awards and winner for:

Best Canon

A post-NJO novel ?

? of romance, action, and intrigue ?

? from two unrepentantly evil authors.

On September 1st, the story begins ?

? and Jaina and Jag will never be the same.

TKEIRA_LEA

DARTH_LEX

[image=http://photobucket.com/albums/y255/beechgq/cojf.jpg]

STAR WARS:
    THE COURTSHIP OF JAGGED FEL

Now Playing. Updated on Wednesdays.

Teaser Trailer: The Courtship of Jagged Fel

The Fox Logo appears and fades. The Lucasfilm Logo appears and fades. The fanfares of the ?Main Theme? blast as a series of images appears simultaneously with spoken words.

Announcer (voiceover): One year after the treaty with the Yuuzhan Vong?
    Jagged Fel stands at the wide viewport of a warship with his hands clasped behind his back. He glances away from gazing out at the blue-and-white orb of a planet to look at Shawnkyr Nuruodo, a female Chiss officer.

Announcer (voiceover): ? peace at last prevails in the galaxy.
    Jacen Solo stands in a docking bay and watches the Jade Shadow slowly take off. He lifts his lightsaber handle to give the unseen pilot a salute of good fortune.

Announcer (voiceover): Yet simmering disputes threaten to explode into open conflict?
    Seated at one end of a long military briefing table, Jag and Shawnkyr frown at the multicolored holographic images of two large fleets arrayed in space. At Jag?s side, Jacen shakes his head in dismay.

Announcer (voiceover): ? at the edge of the Unknown Regions.
    A squadron of Chiss pilots run at full speed through a hangar and clamber into their waiting clawcraft. After only a few moments the starfighters lift off and begin to head toward the open bay doors into space.

Announcer (voiceover): And in the great unresolved love of The New Jedi Order.
    Jaina Solo shakes her head quickly, points toward a group of Galactic Alliance pilots and several Jedi further down the crowded corridor, and pats Jag lightly on the arm. He reaches out for her hand but she is already too far away, rushing to join the group.

The music shifts abruptly to the soaring tones of ?Across the Stars.?

Luke Skywalker (voiceover): Trust your feelings, Jaina.
    Jaina sits in the cockpit of her X-Wing, weaving her fighter through a large space battle raging around her. She loops her ship around and squeezes the triggers, incinerating a TIE Interceptor.

Jacen Solo (voiceover): You?re making a big mistake, Jag.
    Jag

2. TKeira_Lex

TKeira_Lex Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2004

The Courtship of Jagged Fel

CHAPTER ONE

With his hands clasped at the small of his back, Jagged Fel stood on the bridge of the battlecruiser Polar Wind and gazed out the wide viewport at the small blue-and-white orb suspended against the star-speckled blackness of space.

He sighed. ?They always look peaceful from a distance.?

?I?m sorry, Colonel??

Jag turned to face his aide, and raised an eyebrow.

?Ambassador, sir,? Shawnkyr Nuruodo said. The Chiss officer did a creditable job of keeping her embarrassment from her expression. ?I?m sorry, Ambassador??

?I said,? Jag replied after a moment, turning to look out the viewport again, ?even the most troubled planets look peaceful from a distance.?

?Yes, sir. At least since the end of the war.?

He nodded. The peace treaty with the Yuuzhan Vong a year ago had brought innumerable changes to the galaxy, including the fact that one no longer arrived at a planet to find it surrounded by warships, if not aflame. Most noticeable for Jag, though, was the cessation of the nearly constant hostilities that seemingly had dominated the entire span of his life and career. Contemplating the planet in front of him, he found it difficult to comprehend that he was no longer first and foremost a military commander, but rather a diplomat. Chiss Expansionary Defense Force liaison to the Galactic Alliance and unallied planets in the Known Regions, to be precise.

A Fel turned diplomat. Jaina?s mother probably had a good laugh when she thought of that.

Jag turned back to Shawnkyr. ?Any changes to the situation since our last update??

?Only a few, sir,? she replied. ?The military deployments in the commercial lanes have escalated slightly.?

?Only slightly is promising, I suppose.?

?The forces from Vikova ?? Shawnkyr tipped her head to indicate the planet they circled in high orbit ?? now have three squadrons of starfighters in place. The government of Achebi has yet to respond.?

?So Achebians have two squadrons, to the Vikovans? three??

?Correct, sir.?

Jag ran his fingers through his hair. If he had to defuse the situation with forcible intervention, the Polar Wind and his single Chiss squadron of clawcraft could handle it. So long as the crisis didn?t escalate much further. ?The Vikovans still believe invasion is imminent??

?Yes.?

?Do we have any evidence that supports their claim??

Shawnkyr?s bright red eyes didn?t look down at her datapad. ?Not directly, no. But the Achebians have an unusually high number of naval and ground forces on maneuvers.?

?What percentage of their total forces??

?Nearly sixty percent, sir.?

Jag scowled. ?That certainly sounds belligerent to me.?

?Agreed, sir. It could be merely an intimidation tactic, however.?

?True,? Jag said, and crossed his arms over his chest. ?But we can?t be sure either way.?

?No, sir.?

?Do we have any idea what the Achebian?s motives for invasion might be??

?The Achebians are accusing the Vikovans of war profiteering. The Vikovans remained neutral during the war, while the Achebians sided with the New Republic and suffered a number of devastating reprisals from the enemy because of it.?

?Indeed.? Jag took a deep breath. Many on Csilla still believed it was the Chiss leadership?s decision to avoid overtly joining the war against the Yuuzhan Vong that had spared them. Personally, Jag thought good fortune had a lot more to do with it. ?Jealousy is no doubt exacerbating the existing rivalry between the worlds.?

Shawnkyr nodded. ?Exactly, sir. The enemy attacks decimated the Achebians? mining operations and refining facilities, and their reconstruction is far from complete. The Achebians maintain that the Vikovans will only sell them raw ore and finished durasteel at grossly inflated prices, and this greed is greatly hindering Achebi?s recovery.?

?And they seek to remedy this alleged injustice with invasion and conq

3. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    gotcha :D

EDIT: Hmm so far it's a little politics with military I see.

Well not bad for a newbie ;)

He twirled the cube in his fingers and gazed at the images of the beautiful young woman inside

Interesting [face_thinking] Who could it be... [face_mischief]

BTW Did I win anything for first reply :D :D :D

4. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Darn, when I saw this up so early I thought I'd get first post. :p Oh, well. :p

*snags second post* I'll be back with a real response ASAP. ;)

EDIT: Hmmm, this is all very interesting. [face_thinking] And Jag as an ambassador. Hmmm again. [face_thinking]

?It would seem so, sir. Unless more is happening here than we know.?

?Which is always possible.?

*snorts* With Lex and TKL? Try unavoidable. :p I am definitely curious as to why Jag specifically was requested, but I suppose we'll get to that - after a requisite number of evil cliffhangers and such. ;) Can't wait. :D

Oh, and the disclaimer is priceless. ;) :cool:

5. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

All right, guys, this posting schedule does not work for me :p

Will respond after work ;)

EDIT: ?It would seem so, sir. Unless more is happening here than we know.?

?Which is always possible.?

- Must agree here with my Evil Twin. You two masters of suspense will definitely keep us on the edge of our seats with your cliffies.

I look forward to it.

Great start!

P.S. If I call him Captain Cardboard will I be kicked off the thread? :p

6. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    And it has begun! [face_dancing]

I will have more to say later...I promise ;) But for now, school calls :(

~LtJS @};-

EDIT: And now time for my real review :p [face_mischief]

Awesome beginning so far, Lex, TKeira! I'm definately hooked (and I loved the trailer :D ).

I loved how Jag was all official diplomat, etc. :D He's gone from being a flyboy to a mediator :p

A Fel turned diplomat. Jaina?s mother probably had a good laugh when she thought of that.
    [face_laugh] More than one good laugh :D

Jag stopped in his tracks. ?I?m sorry? Your presence??

?Yes, sir,? Shawnkyr said. ?I thought you knew.?

?Knew what??

?That the request for assistance was made specifically to you, sir.?

Don't you feel special now, Jag? ;) [face_mischief]

?That may be true. A diplomat might not have outflown the local Adumari aces quite so brazenly. But don?t forget, you are a war hero.?
    LOL! I can just see Jag now, flying circles around everyone else...And all the other diplomats trying to hold back so no one's feelings are hurt ;)

He twirled the cube in his fingers and gazed at the images of the beautiful young woman inside.
    [face_praying] Please be Jaina. Please be Jaina [face_praying] ;)

Can't wait for more!

~LtJS @};-

7. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    WHOOO! Third post!

I will rewiew when it's not 6:12 in the morning.

Elena

8. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    LOL, that trailer was tooooo cool. :cool: But I noticed that Jag did a lot of nodding. I hadn't figured him for a yes-man.

And there you have your Jacen-esque bad joke for the day. 8-} Great job, you two. Reads like a profic - I love how smart and all-business Jag is, though apparently he's learned enough from the Rebels to be able to crack a few smiles. :D

Who's that blonde chick??? Somebody oughta take care of her soon. [face_devil]

9. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003

To say that is a gross understatement would be a gross understatement itself! ;)

I just loved the interaction between Jag and Shawnkyr. Perfect. :D (There were so many snicker-inducing moments, that I'd feel a little silly cut-and-pasting them all!)

So, Jag was specifically requested to come? [face_mischief] Would I be close if I guessed that this Iliana could be described as tall, blonde, and gorgeous?

I'm not sure if I like this once-a-week posting schedule, though. ** sighs dramatically ** Oh well, I guess I'll live.

Great post! Eagerly anticipating more! :D

10. Dark_Lighter

Dark_Lighter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2003
    Great start. Of course we all know that negotiations always go downhill from this point. And the whole situation reminds me alot of the begining of Vector Prime....and we all know what happened after that.

11. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Hey, me late. This looks interesting, now you are going to get me hooked on another cliffie-rich story! Can't wait for more!!

12. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Great start. I hope the woman in the holocube was Jaina. I think this woman ruler of this planet might turn out to be trouble. Why did she ask for him personally?

Humm.........very interesting indeed!

*green_eyes*

13. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Ooo good first chapter can't wait for the next one! :D

14. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    :D :D :D

Yippie! First post!

This story has a good begining. Jag as a diplomat is going to be really wierd. I like him better as a pilot.

Fel turned diplomat. Jaina?s mother probably had a good laugh when she thought of that.

[face_laugh] I had a good laugh to.
    It'll be interesting to see how Jag is going to handle the situation.

He twirled the cube in his fingers and gazed at the images of the beautiful young woman inside.

That better be Jaina. And if it isn't Jaina, she better not be Jag's new girlfriend. :mad:

So anyways it's a great start.

15. MerryWLukefan

MerryWLukefan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    Wow, something fascinating to read already...

16. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Ooooh, awesome beginning. I can't wait to see what happens next.

[face_thinking] I wonder why they specifically asked for Jag.

Hehe, I think Nana could consider this an annversary gift. Today is her's and Papa's 47th.

17. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    I am so interested in this story, it's scary. I mean, I love your stuff, TKL, and I love your stuff too, Lex, so combining your twistedly awesome minds on a story seems to me to be a wicked combination. And I mean that in the best way possible.

On a similar note, too, I'd say that you two paired together is about as dangerous as the possible Jaina/Jag pairing in your story. Lots of explosions are a given.

18. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Well, I said I'd see ya here, and here I are.

You two are off to a great start! Lots of intrigue already.

?Why would anyone want a war hero to mediate a dispute on the brink of hostilities? Wouldn?t you want a diplomat for that? A real diplomat??

Hm. That is the question of the hour...

See ya next Wednesday!

19. Vorquellyn

Vorquellyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    Iliana... I've heard that name before. Now if I can just remember where.

I am enjoying the wonderfully in character Jag and Shawnkyr.

Sounds suspiciously like someone might be setting Jag up.

20. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Shawnkyr blinked. ?Those are rhetorical questions, I take it??

Jag faced his aide again, and laughed. ?Yes, Shawnkyr. Yes, they are.?

She smiled, nodded once, and let herself out.

I think Jag isn't the only one the Alliance managed to loosen up. :D

I thought the exact same thing!

Looking forward to more!!!

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh, very interesting beginning! I can't wait for more, and that's a good sign.

22. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Yay, it?s here! =D=

Loved the teaser trailer. :)

?Ambassador, sir,? Shawnkyr Nuruodo said. The Chiss officer did a creditable job of keeping her embarrassment from her expression. ?I?m sorry, Ambassador??
    So Shawnkyr is Jag?s aide. She always was very loyal to him. I?m glad you?re making her more ?human? than she was in the books. Maybe I?ll start to like her now. :p

[face_laugh] But very pleased, I think. ;) In DJ, Leia joked: ?When this war is over, you would do well in the diplomatic service, Colonel Fel.? (or something like that)

?And we are yet another piece in that game ? a piece to be played by the Vikovans against the Achebians, and by this Iliana against her opponents.?
    Very interesting? [face_thinking] Very shrewd, Jaggie.

A diplomat might not have outflown the local Adumari aces quite so brazenly.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Uncle Wedge would be extremely proud.

He twirled the cube in his fingers and gazed at the images of the beautiful young woman inside. ?Why would anyone want a war hero to mediate a dispute on the brink of hostilities? Wouldn?t you want a diplomat for that? A real diplomat??
    My creds say it?s Jaina in the holocube. ;) Maybe war heroes are revered by Vikovans the same way that fighter pilots are revered by Adumaris. :p

Scoundrel Would I be close if I guessed that this Iliana could be described as tall, blonde, and gorgeous?
    =P~ Hmm, from the teaser trailer? She is nearly as tall as he, with long blonde hair and luscious curves. She is the epitome of beautiful. Somehow I doubt it was my twin who came up with this character?s description. [face_laugh] o_O

Actually I know someone named Iliana ? it?s not an uncommon Hispanic name. ;)

Great start TKeira_Lex. * Hmm? have to come up with a nickname for the sock.* ;)

Can?t wait for the next installment. :D

23. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    agrees with teh person above... must cum up with a nickyname for the socky!

Wonderful postae u tooo!... off to read Legacy! byeawess!

24. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002

To say that is a gross understatement would be a gross understatement itself!

[image=thumbs_up.gif]

Can we say set-up?

Iliana = blonde = where's-my-explosives-cause-my-skin-is-crawling-already

25. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    Interesting beginning TKL & Lex !

And this will probably be the one and only 'non-cliffie' post, right?!!!

?I?m sorry, Colonel??

Jag turned to face his aide, and raised an eyebrow.

?Ambassador, sir,? Shawnkyr Nuruodo said.

Wow, Ambassador Fel doesn't miss flying lead, free from the trappings of diplomatic service and being addressed as Colonel Fel?? Impressive. *tries to picture Jaina in the same position*

*yep, still trying*

JaY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.