main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Courtship of Jagged Fel (a post-NJO collaboration): Complete, Author replies, Sept 16th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lex, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    I'm definitely on board with this one!

This does indeed reek of setup though... hmmm...

I'd like to say more but I don't think I'm running on enough sleep. A wonderful start though. Can't wait for the next one!

:)

2. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Oooh, good start! I can't believe I missed this one! Muy excellante, TKL and Lex! Can't wait for more...

~Squishy

3. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Off to a FABULOUS start

4. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    grat start [face_monkey]

[:D] ~!*JS59*!~ [:D]

5. TKeira_Lex

TKeira_Lex Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2004
    Lex here with our replies.

WOW! Thanks to everyone for your feedback ? we?re both delighted by the amazing response to chapter one! :D You don?t know how much it means to us.

Chimpo: Hmm so far it's a little politics with military I see.
    Yep. Setting up the situation? [face_mischief]

Did I win anything for first reply
    Sure! You win a big hug. [:D]

Gabri: And Jag as an ambassador. Hmmm again.
    You can thank James Luceno for that setup. ;)

I am definitely curious as to why Jag specifically was requested, but I suppose we'll get to that - after a requisite number of evil cliffhangers and such.
    Do you think we?d really be that predictable? [face_devil]

LP: You two masters of suspense will definitely keep us on the edge of our seats with your cliffies.
    That?s the plan. :D

If I call him Captain Cardboard will I be kicked off the thread?
    Yes. [face_not_talking]

Lt_Jaina_Solo: He's gone from being a flyboy to a mediator
    You really think so? [face_thinking]

Please be Jaina.
    Geez! Have we really made you that paranoid? :eek:

Elena: Glad you liked the chapter! :D

JadeSolo: But I noticed that Jag did a lot of nodding. I hadn't figured him for a yes-man.
    Possibly. But there are different kinds of nods? [face_mischief]

Reads like a profic - I love how smart and all-business Jag is, though apparently he's learned enough from the Rebels to be able to crack a few smiles.
    Woohoo! [face_dancing] What a great compliment ? thank you!

Jags_Scoundrel: To say that is a gross understatement would be a gross understatement itself!
    [face_laugh] You?re probably right?

I just loved the interaction between Jag and Shawnkyr. Perfect.
    Woohoo! :D We?re delighted you think so.

Would I be close if I guessed that this Iliana could be described as tall, blonde, and gorgeous?
    You will find out very soon? [face_thinking]

Dark_Lighter: Of course we all know that negotiations always go downhill from this point. And the whole situation reminds me alot of the begining of Vector Prime
    Yes, they do? And the similarity is definitely there. (Although fortunately Nom Anor is good and dead. ;) )

flowerbee: We?re hoping to keep you hooked. :)

green_eyes: I hope the woman in the holocube was Jaina.
    [face_laugh] You really think we?d start off a story with a bombshell like that?

Why did she ask for him personally?
    Maybe she heard about the CSA? [face_love] (If you don?t get the reference from over at Legacy, let me know.)

Diamond: Thanks! :D

Mira_Jade: Jag as a diplomat is going to be really wierd. I like him better as a pilot.
    Don?t worry, Jag will get to be a pilot too. ;) And don?t forget, he had several plot arcs with diplomacy type missions in the NJO, so this isn?t entirely new for him by any means.

That better be Jaina. And if it isn't Jaina, she better not be Jag's new girlfriend.
    [face_laugh] Y?all are too funny! Yes, it?s Jaina. :rolleyes:

MerryWLukeFan: Glad you liked the chapter. :)

Bulldog: I wonder why they specifically asked for Jag.
    Because Jag rocks, of course. :cool:

ThatCrazyRodian: combining your twistedly awesome minds on a story seems to me to be a wicked combination.
    Thanks. We definitely take that as a compliment. :D

I'd say that you two paired together is about as dangerous as the possible Jaina/Jag pairing in your story. Lots of explosions are a given.
    That?s the plan. ;)

Reihla: Well, I said I'd see ya here, and here I are.
    I never doubted you. [:D]

That is the question of the hour...
    Yep. And you know us well enough not to expect an answer any time soon. :p

Vorquellyn: Iliana... I've heard that name before. Now if I can just remember where.
    Not sure I can help you there. We didn?t name her after a SW character ? we just settled

6. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Congratulations LEX :D :D :D [:D] [:D] [:D] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Now you will have a good, nice sleep at night ;) [face_devil] :D :p

BTW:
    That holocube chick thing - No wonder that people read every line very carefull after all your stories :p

Expect the unexpected ...

or something like that :p

7. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Yes, congratulations, Lex! :D [:D]

And many, many [:D] for TKL, in lieu of hurricane repellent.

EDIT: You can thank James Luceno for that setup.

*suddenly remembers that she STILL hasn't read TUF!* :eek: :oops: [face_blush] Um, guess I should do that some time . . . :p

Do you think we?d really be that predictable?

Will you be evil in a predictable way? Not likely. Is it predictable that you will be evil? Yes, totally. :p

8. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Congratulations Lex, :D [:D] [:D] Baby Lex , Cute! [face_laugh]

Now you will have a good, nice sleep at night
    *Bops Imp_Boy over the head* :p

this means it?s extremely unlikely we will be able to post Chapter Two as scheduled this Wednesday, September 8th.
    No worries, you know we?ll be here whenever you guys are ready to resume posting. [face_love] [:D]

Well, after a year in the Known Regions with Jag, she?d have to loosen up a bit wouldn?t she?
    Exactly, she may have been initially critical of Jag for his Rebel-like tendencies ;) , but being around the likes of Wedge and his cohorts, it was bound to rub off on her too. [face_laugh] Besides, she?s a lot more interesting this way than the perfect, never-make-the-slightest-mistake Chiss officer in DJ.

And Leia knows what she?s talking about. (Plus, how can you not like a guy who mouths off to Borsk Fey?lya in front of a crowded reception?
    Yep. Especially since Princess Leia, the career diplomat, is not above ?mouthing off? when the occasion warrants it. [face_mischief] Seriously, though, this is the reason why the J/J relationship works so well, IMO. I?m a proponent of the belief that it?s the H/L relationship in reverse. ;)

9. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Red: *Bops Imp_Boy over the head*

Hey!!! Why did you do it? I'm innocent ;)

* Red why are you looking at me this way*

AAAaaaaa!!!! [face_beatup]

Ouch!! I surrender!! I'm guilty.

:p :p :p

10. TKeira_Lex

Jun 27, 2004
    Hi Guys!

TKeira_Lea here with a quick update. I have weathered Hurricane Frances, possibly faring better than proud papa Lex, who is still weathering Baby Lex. Although the story is well in hand as far as words on the pages, it was impossible for us to email the beta back and forth. I still can't believe that my life was controlled by this storm for a week solid! :oops: So again, please forgive the tardiness of tomorrow's scheduled post. We will be back on track by next week (barring Ivan making a run for the Florida coastline ;) )

Thanks again for all the great replies! We are so excited about the warm reception of the story so far. :D

TTYL

11. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    AWW A BABY! I LOVE BABYS! there soooo cute! Love the name... LEx!

TKL: we shall TRY to survive.. faints...

just messing with yah! its fine and yah know it!...

cant wait for the next awesome post!

12. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    ARG!! STUPID BOARDS!!! I had just written out one of my longer replies and hit 'submit' and it decided my two weeks were up and I needed to sign in and I LOST THE POST!!!! :mad: :mad:

*sigh* Anyway, now that I've got that off my chest I will try to recover. . .

Congratulations Lex!!! :D I bet you are having soooooo much fun right now, you might be envying TKL for 'just' having to deal with that hurricane ;) At least he doesn't have force powers like Nyklas though right? I hope you have grandparents nearby to foist him off on like B & S though :p

[face_love] =D= [:D] [face_love] =D= [:D] [face_love] =D= [:D] [face_love] =D= [:D] [face_love] =D= [:D]

13. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    I?m happy to announce that Friday night my wife gave birth to our first child, a son. My internet connection decided to act up Friday so I've only now seen this. Whoohoo!!!! Way to go Lex! Congrats buddy!

14. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Congratulations Lex~! Yea, there's a baby lex :D

Man, I loved that opening trailor. It kicked!

As for the first post...loved it. ;) I hope that the girl in the cube isn't Iliana.
    This reminds me a lot of The Courtship of Princess Leia...wonder why? ;)Isolder...Iliana. hmmmmm. Anyways, I can't wait to see some catfighting over Jag (so long as Jaina wins). hehe. Then mush! yippe!

Can't wait for the next post. Hope everything gets back on track after the storm for you TKL. And Lex, good luck with that baby ;) Congrats again!

-GG

15. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    For me, I?m happy to announce that Friday night my wife gave birth to our first child, a son. Baby Lex and his mom are doing great, and I?m very proud. ]

Congratulations! [:D] & :*
    There seems to be a rash of babies around here lately!
    Now, remember, Lex .... it's the daddy's job to get up with the baby at night and change all those diapers while mama gets some sleep.... at least that's what I keep telling my husband! ;) 8-}

16. Swift_Wrath_SAB

Swift_Wrath_SAB Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2004
    Hiyas TKeira_Lex! I'm thinking that this fic is gonna be the best J/J EVER! Give us more! Its good that you survived the hurricane! :D And as for you Lex, congrats on the new baby! Hope you can write with no sleep!

SAB out.

17. Lady_Fire

Lady_Fire Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2004
    TKeira_Lex --
    Forgive me for not posting a reply for so long [face_blush] - DRL [face_devil] AND COLLEGE GOT THE BEST OF ME... but I want you to know that I have been there to the end of POF (wow!!! =D= ) and now am hooked [face_hypnotized] on this new collaborative story that you have put together for us... Even though I am not aquainted with the J&J STORY I am here waiting for the action [face_beatup] romance [face_love] :* [face_blush] and drama [face_worried] [-o| that you are cooking up for us...
    and also... Darth_Lex --> CONGRATULATIONS!! :) =D= @};-
    Lady_Fire

18. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I'm not usually a fan of Jag but you have me intrigued already.

Great start.=D=

19. JediJainaSoloFel

Jun 5, 2004
    Congratulations on the new baby LEX...

This story is amazing so far:)!

Can't wait until the next post... I hope that everyone in Florida is doing okay...

20. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    Howdy,
    I apologize for my tardy post...but this sounds great. I agree with the many previous posts : I can't wait to see what kind of evil twists you will throw us. I would post a bunch of stuff like i hope the cube chik was Jaina and that Iliana wont be trouble and stuff...but it seems all that has been taken care of for me already ;) So I'll just settle for a whole-hearted:
    "That was wonderful and I can't wait for more."

Congrats on your baby, Lex. Thats awesome. And TKL, be careful down there...i feel srry for y'all florida people. I'm glad I live far enough inland that the most we have to worry about are small scale tornadoes.

Anyway, I've gotta kick this pig, but I'll be back. Cya soon! Keep up the wonderful writing.

God bless,
    [face_cowboy] Jaina [face_cowboy]

21. TKeira_Lex

Jun 27, 2004
    Lex here again to catch up on more replies. :D

Thanks to everyone for your congrats to me, and for your thoughts for TKeira. We both appreciate them very much. :)

Chimpo: No wonder that people read every line very carefull after all your stories
    I suppose you have point? [face_devil]

Gabri: *suddenly remembers that she STILL hasn't read TUF!*
    :eek: Say it ain?t so!

Will you be evil in a predictable way? Not likely. Is it predictable that you will be evil? Yes, totally.
    As long as we understand each other. [face_mischief]

Red: Besides, she?s a lot more interesting this way than the perfect, never-make-the-slightest-mistake Chiss officer in DJ.
    Definitely. We like her better this way too. :cool:

Especially since Princess Leia, the career diplomat, is not above ?mouthing off? when the occasion warrants it.
    Yep. The ?foul stench? line to Tarkin in ANH is a perfect example.

JAGSGURL15: Thanks! :)

Shinar: At least he doesn't have force powers like Nyklas though right?
    Fortunately, he doesn?t. :p

Bulldog: Thanks! :)

ChissGoddess: Anyways, I can't wait to see some catfighting over Jag (so long as Jaina wins)
    You were on the right track until you got to ?so long as?? [face_mischief]

TahiriSoloFan: Thanks! :)

Swift_Wrath_SAB: I'm thinking that this fic is gonna be the best J/J EVER!
    We think so too. :D

Lady_Fire: Thanks for checking in! :cool:

Even though I am not aquainted with the J&J STORY I am here waiting for the action romance and drama that you are cooking up for us...
    Yes, lots of all three. Definitely. ;)

JediMaster_Jen: I'm not usually a fan of Jag but you have me intrigued already.
    Cool! We?ll do our best to keep you intrigued. :D

JediJainaSoloFel: This story is amazing so far
    That?s what we love to hear! [face_dancing]

Jedimaster_JainaSolo: "That was wonderful and I can't wait for more."
    Works for us! :D

Thanks again to everyone for all your feedback! :D

Good news! It looks like we?re ready to resume our weekly posts!

So check right back here this Wednesday, September 15th, for Chapter Two of The Courtship of Jagged Fel! [face_dancing] :cool: [face_dancing]

22. JediJainaSoloFel

Jun 5, 2004
    Saw the AE special "THE EMPIRE OF DREAMS" last night. This is a documentary that features George Lucas, Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, James Earl Jones and other actors from the original trilogy and it was amazing! If you did not get to see it, it will be on the DVD. Even if you don't buy the DVD I suggest you borrow the special features from someone because it's definately worth seeing.

Can't wait for Wednesday's Post!

23. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    hah, I saw that last night too ^_^

A week from tomorrow the DVD comes out :D (sept 21st)

*looks at comment* so long as...
    wait, I'm confused now...Jaina can't loose...can she?
    You guys wouldn't do that to us would you? alas, I'll hafta wait and find out won't I?

*pulls out lawn chair and a book*
    I can't wait until wednesday. :) New posts always make my days better.

Hope everything's going great for you guys!

24. JediJainaSoloFel

Jun 5, 2004
  25. TKeira_Lex

Jun 27, 2004
    GOOD MORNING!

JediJainaSoloFel: Saw the AE special "THE EMPIRE OF DREAMS" last night. This is a documentary that features George Lucas, Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, James Earl Jones and other actors from the original trilogy and it was amazing!
    Both Lex and I saw the special. :D Major fun to watch.

ChissGoddess: A week from tomorrow the DVD comes out (sept 21st)
    *rubs hands in anticipation*

You guys wouldn't do that to us would you? alas, I'll hafta wait and find out won't I?
    You?d be amazed what we can do :p [face_devil]

Posting in a few!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.