main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Courtship of Jagged Fel (a post-NJO collaboration): Complete, Author replies, Sept 16th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lex, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKeira_Lex

TKeira_Lex Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2004
    CHAPTER TWO

Side by side, two Jedi strode down the bustling halls, the tall blonde female towering over the petite brunette. The corridor was lined on one side with doorways and on the other with a sheer transparisteel wall that overlooked the ever-turbulent Mon Calamari ocean. The weary relief on the two women?s faces expressed, even more so than their rapid footfalls, that they were happy to have exited the Jedi Council chambers.

Finally they stopped at the turbolifts, yet neither made a move to press the call sign. They didn?t have to. Both knew the lift was coming. Instead, in unison, they faced the panoramic view of swirling seas below and stared off to the horizon.

?That was fun,? the blonde chuckled. ?Knights Tainer and Solo, do you think dropping the Facsreni premier in a loppi pool was necessary to achieve your directive on this mission?? she said in the best imitation of Jedi Master Hamner.

Jaina huffed. In her attempt to not laugh at the serious diplomatic flub on their parts, she found an impish giggle welling up. The harder she fought it the more the laugh couldn?t be denied. She unsuccessfully stifled a snort. When Tyria lost control first with a giggle, the pair fell from Jedi seriousness to teenage hilarity in a matter of a second.

They laughed long enough to release the last bit of tension still lingering from their latest mission. They laughed hard enough that Jaina found she was holding a stitch in her side. They laughed their way into silence, and were left staring once more into the tempestuous waters below.

?Quite a remarkable contrast to Facsren, wouldn?t you say?? Jaina noted with a tip of her head at the never-ending vista of ocean.

?A welcome contrast,? Tyria said. ?I still feel the grit and grime of that planet in every single one of my pores.?

Just as the lift doors opened, Jaina stamped her booted foot and a plume of dust erupted into the air. ?Tell me about it.? She flashed a half-cocked grin at the cluster of Jedi who chose to wait in the lift while the dust settled at her feet. ?Just the lingering effects of a blasting from the Council.?

The Jedi shuffled past, giving both women wide berth. Jaina followed Tyria into the lift and tapped the button that would send them to the Jedi residential level. ?Are you going to stay here tonight, or head back??

?Although the idea of a thorough shower and long nap are enticing, I should really make the trip back to Tidal City.? Tyria stretched across and activated the button for the transportation level.

?But that?s completely on the other side of Mon Cal. Surely Kell can spare you one more night.?

?I am sure ? if he were home ? Kell wouldn?t begrudge me the rest. But when we checked in there was a message waiting.? Tyria paused and sighed. ?Kell?s unit got called away, and he left Doran with our neighbor.?

?The one with a son about Doran?s age?? Jaina asked.

?The same.?

?Well that?s nice for Doran ??

?Not really,? Tyria interjected with a frown. ?The message was from the neighbor.?

Something in the other woman?s voice caused Jaina to mutter a simple, ?Uh oh.?

?Exactly,? Tyria agreed. ?It seems the two boys had a little too much fun together ? ending with a run-in with the local constable.?

The lingering sense of regret that hung over the taller blonde caused Jaina to reach out and touch her on the shoulder. ?I?m sorry. I know it?s hard to do this, to be away.?

Tyria gave Jaina?s hand a reassuring pat as the lift slipped to a halt. ?Kell and I hoped moving to one of the less dense populaces would be good for Doran. And both our assignments were supposed to exclude travel.? She exhaled sharply. ?But in these times we know how that goes.?

The lift doors whisked open and Tyria pointed Jaina out. ?You?ll see. Someday you and Jag will be fighting the same losing battle.?

Jaina backed out, shaking her head. ?Oh no. Not me. I?m going to have everything settled before I even think about marriage ? let alone kids.?

Tyria chuckled. ?Settled, huh

2. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

First post! Muwahahah!

Edit: We now have DSL at work! :D

Onto the story:

One thing that's driving me crazy is that I keep forgetting this story picks up where the NJO left off. I keep expecting it to be part of TKL's series, so this whole thing about Jaina and Jag not being married really throws me. When she and Tyria were talking about Doran and they mentioned Jaina having kids, I just kept thinking, "But she already does!" [face_laugh]

Otherwise, as far as the story goes, I'm enjoying the set up. Of COURSE Jaina should go with Jag on this mission. This mention of someone blonde and all is making me nervous...

Great job guys! Again, congrats Lex on Baby Lex, and to TKL, so glad to see you've weathered the hurricane :)

3. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    BUT... Shes tall blonde and everything Jaina's not... maybe ur talking about his mommy? or is she not blonde.. maybe Wyn...

Crosses fingers

Wonderful postie LEX and The Sithliest Sith

LOL anyway i really enjoyed it and if Jaina doesnt except his offer i might have to bonk her over the head~!

4. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Well, well look what have we here...

As soon as the droid was gone, Jaina peeled out of her clothes, leaving them in a heap on the ground. She triggered the heated water setting and eagerly stepped into the pounding stream of water. Now that's more like it :D :D :D I have quite an imagination when it comes to those parts ;) :p [face_love] [face_devil] =P~
    Hmm it reminded me of one Legacy part. But then it was more =P~ ( Hehe which one you can guess ;) )

?Hello. This is certainly some welcome.?

Jaina glanced down. She looked at her hand clutching the towel around her dripping torso, and immediately felt the heat of a blush rising. ?Oh this,? she taunted. ?I greet everyone this way. It?s the Facsreni way.?
    =P~
    I like Facsreni already :D

Especially if your time spent with them means I get to be greeted by the most stunningly gorgeous woman ever?dressed only in a towel.? You can say that again :)

So Jaina is still not to keen to go with Jag to see his parents. Why Jaina, why?

Coming up next week - she's tall, blonde, and everything Jaina's not Oh boy :rolleyes: Looks like you hit my weak point :p

Oh BTW more of Jaina and shower co-operation parts, please :p

Oh and I would forgot...

great post :)

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Okay, I followed my cowriter in here on a curiosity, especially since I enjoyed All Angles. I really liked the last scene, the teasing mixed with the genuine emotions.

6. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Geez! Have we really made you that paranoid?
    Yes! ;)

Great post, Lex and TKeira! You have successfully allayed (sp?) my suspicions that Jag was going out with someone else (I do have a good excuse- I wasn't sure if Jaina and Jag had met yet... [face_blush] Yeah, I'm stupid :p ).

Jag is so sweet [face_love] I feel so bad for him that Jaina keeps pulling away.

Lovely banter between Jaina and Jag, and Jaina and Tyria.

I'm looking forward to more!

~LtJS @};-

7. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Great post, as always! :D :D

Just as the lift doors opened, Jaina stamped her booted foot and a plume of dust erupted into the air. ?Tell me about it.? She flashed a half-cocked grin at the cluster of Jedi who chose to wait in the lift while the dust settled at her feet. ?Just the lingering effects of a blasting from the Council.?

[face_laugh] Oh yeah, that's Han's daughter. (I just love all of the subtle little things like that. [face_love])

Oh no. Not me. I?m going to have everything settled before I even think about marriage

[face_frustrated] :mad: ** thwaps Jaina upside the head **

I can only hope the Vikovans are more?agreeable.

I get the feeling that won't be a problem - at least with one Vikovian in particular. :mad:

Looking forward to more! :D

P.S.: Baby Lex? [:D] Congratulations, Lex!!

8. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Hehe I wonder how long will it takt for that "tall, blonde and everything Jaina's not" to become more hated then Zekk at Legacy ;)

9. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Chimpo: Hehe I wonder how long will it takt for that "tall, blonde and everything Jaina's not" to become more hated then Zekk at Legacy

Oh, I'd say she's got a lot of catching up to do. ;) (Not that I'm hoping that she does! :eek:)

10. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Muwahaha I sense trouble on the way! Cool postie!

11. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Jaina glanced down. She looked at her hand clutching the towel around her dripping torso, and immediately felt the heat of a blush rising. ?Oh this,? she taunted. ?I greet everyone this way. It?s the Facsreni way.?

Too funny:D

?I don?t have much more time before my next meeting. Will you go home with me??

Jaina glanced away, and back. ?I don?t know, Jag. I just don?t know if I can.?

Can?t or won?t? Jaina felt the words as if they had been said, but Jag had merely stared her down. Perhaps it had been her own guilt speaking.

Jaina should realize that if she is feeling guilty then she is probably acting unreasonably. The reasonable thing for her to do would be to go to Csilla with Jag.

But things are never that easy...she's probably going to not go with Jag (they may even break up), then Jag will be all depressed and find someone new (perhaps the blond), then Jaina will get really jealous and try to win him back or she will try to make him jealous and make things worse...

[EDIT]: Forgot to say that this was yet another great post. I can always expect superior quality from TKL and Lex

12. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    ooo another cracking update :D Its good to see Tyira in the story I love the Wraiths its always good to have them in a story!

I am intregued about this tall blond. Jaina has to go with Jag now or his attention will wonder (or will it?)

Now you've given us Jaina in a towel we have to see Jag in just a towel as well ;)

So many questions unanswered and its only the second chapter!

Thanks for a great post though guys!

13. Vorquellyn

Vorquellyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    Jaina/Jag is the only way to go. I like the dialogue between them.

And you've reminded me how much I love the Sarkin-Tainer family.

I remember where I saw Iliana in relation to SW. It has nothing to do with this. heh heh

14. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    ?That was fun,? the blonde chuckled. ?Knights Tainer and Solo, do you think dropping the Facsreni premier in a loppi pool was necessary to achieve your directive on this mission?? she said in the best imitation of Jedi Master Hamner.

Hey, Tyria! :D I'm glad to see her. I really like her character. :)

LOL! Jags Scoundrel is right. Definitely Han's daughter. [face_laugh]

Jaina backed out, shaking her head. ?Oh no. Not me. I?m going to have everything settled before I even think about marriage ? let alone kids.?

ROTFLOL!!!! [face_laugh] Ah, the idealism of youth. [face_laugh] Jaina, Jaina, Jaina. :p

She was still lost in the rightness of her thoughts when she reached the entrance to her apartment.

*shakes head* Doesn't matter a whit how right your thoughts are, Jaina. Doesn't matter that you were that child, doesn't matter that you don't intend to do what your parents did. If you don't make their mistakes, you'll find some of your own to make. Life's just not tidy enough to do otherwise. I sense possible angst down the road with this angle. [face_thinking]

A touch to the screen called up the last message. A small blue image flickered to life, revealing Jag from the shoulders up. He smiled, as best as he knew how.

*grins* Reminds me of Disney's Pocahontas, where Nakoma is all dreamy over how handsome Kocoum is, and Pocahontas says dryly, "I especially love the smile." :p

Jag?s handsome face framed in the blackest of hair broke into an unusually seductive grin. ?Hello. This is certainly some welcome.?

LOL! [face_laugh]

Jaina glanced away, and back. ?I don?t know, Jag. I just don?t know if I can.?

Can?t or won?t? Jaina felt the words as if they had been said, but Jag had merely stared her down. Perhaps it had been her own guilt speaking.

Yeah, and your guilt's speaking for a reason, Jaina. :mad: Of all the stupid answers. :mad:

*sighs* And now to wait a whole week for the next post. [face_frustrated]

15. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Achebi? As in Chinua? :p

You two are so good with your posts. I can't believe Jaina has to think it over. Then again, Csilla is pretty much an ice box. Hmmm, ice box...Mon Cal beaches...ice box...beaches...

Know what? I have a solution - Jag comes to Mon Cal, and they spend time on the beaches. [face_mischief]

I really liked that part with Tyria - long-distance marriage has to be really hard on her. :( Especially if her son is turning into his father. Explosion Boy and Little Pyro? 8-}

edit: Doh! Totally forgot - congrats on being a dad, Lex! :D

16. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    YES! Man, I love this fic.

heh, the banter between Jag and Jaina was GREAT!
    Jag?s handsome face framed in the blackest of hair broke into an unusually seductive grin. ?Hello. This is certainly some welcome.?

?Really. I am beginning to like these Facsreni, even if your last message made them sound a bit disagreeable. Especially if your time spent with them means I get to be greeted by the most stunningly gorgeous woman ever?dressed only in a towel.?

?In your dreams, Ambassador.? Jaina traipsed back into the bedroom, going straight for her travel bag.
    ?Better.?

Jag?s smile had returned to his usual composed state, and it stayed that way as he replied, ?Not really.?

He sounded deadly serious but she knew instinctively he wasn?t, and she couldn?t help but laugh.

I absolutely loved that part. I swear that's something my boyfriend would say to me...great bit of writing there guys;)

And poor Jag :( he got rejected by Jaina...kinda. But at least Jaina still loves him and finds him "intoxicating"...if only he knew that I guess. And he didn't hear her say I love you at the end of the message. *cries* You could tell he was upset when he just said "Goodbye Jaina"

As for the blonde chick...no comment. I don't want to offend any blonde readers. ;) But if she's everything Jaina's not...well I'll just leave that thought there too. GO BRUNETTES!

-CG

EDIT: forgot to add...the name Vikovan...heh...makes me think of the medication Vikaden. w00t! jk ;)

ps - WICKED MAD/NICE POST! It |20x0|23|)! ((mad 1337 skillz...sry...couldn't help me self))

17. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Lovely post. High quality stuff.

?Knights Tainer and Solo, do you think dropping the Facsreni premier in a loppi pool was necessary to achieve your directive on this mission??
    her attempt to not laugh at the serious diplomatic flub on their parts
    There's got to be a seriously funny yet not supposed to be funny backstory behind that. Did you two think one out or just come up with that line?

?Hey. Why don?t you do me a favor while I get cleaned up??
    Cappie honked and rolled forward and back excitedly.
    ?I need you to find out anything you can about two systems out near the Rim.? Jaina had to stop and recall their names. ?Achebi and?Vivoka. No that?s not right. Vikova. Yes, Vikova.?
    Lights on Cappie?s dome twinkled as he processed the information. He chirped once, then whirled out of the room, already intent on his task.

Ok. I would like a droid to do research for me while I'm in the shower. When do they go on sale? :)

?Yes ? except that I miss you?? Jaina shot him an inscrutable arch of the eyebrow, causing him to falter. Jag quickly regrouped.
    Heh. I could see that happening. Maybe he would have given some more interesting information if she hadn't done that...

Oh, Jaina Jaina Jaina... What is her problem? Does she think she instantaneously has to marry him if she meets his parents? I think part of it may be with Jag's talking to Luke and all, Jaina feels like something was done without her consent and she's not in control. And we all know how Jaina feels about being in control...

Coming up next week - she's tall, blonde, and everything Jaina's not
    Well... if its Jag's mom or sister... Jaina's not his mom or sister... [face_thinking]

18. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    JadeSolo, Hmmm, ice box...Mon Cal beaches...ice box...beaches...
    [face_thinking] All of a sudden I am a lot more sympathetic to Jaina's dilemma. I'd take the beach over icy climes anytime. But this is Jag we're talking about here. :eek: For him I would give up the beach. [face_hypnotized] 8-} 8-}

LOL. This blonde I like. ;) :p Glad to see Tyria in this story. :)

They?ll see. She wasn?t about to make the same mistakes her elders ? not that Tyria was really an elder ? had made as far as children were concerned. No, Jaina had been that child, left behind. Her parents had done what they had felt necessary. That truth, however, had never taken away the lonely nights when only a mother?s kiss or a father?s hug could have eased the ache in her heart.
    :( :_| It's so sad that Jaina is still affected by the lingering effects of the choices that her parents had to make when she was growing up. It's understandable that she would want to spare her children from the same suffering. :(

A short lyrical toodle broke her melancholy. Jaina smiled at her droid as he rolled out of the bedroom.
    Also happy to see my favorite OC droid, Cappie. :)
    edit: Oops. [face_blush] Forgot for a moment that this was canon. I was thinking of Trick. That's what happens when your favorite fanfic author creates a character that's even better than their canon counterpart. :D

Jag's handsome face framed in the blackest of hair broke into an unusually seductive grin. "Hello. This is certainly some welcome."
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Jaggie, you are such a guy! [face_batting]

Heehee! I second the call for equal parts in the story of Jag wearing only a towel. =P~ [face_blush]

She wanted to be as close to Jag as she could get. There was a sense of completion in the simplicity of proximity - even with his likeness.
    :( :_|

Can't or won't? Jaina felt the words as if they had been said, but Jag had merely stared her down. Perhaps it had been her own guilt speaking.
    *sighs, senses angst* Bring it on, I can take it. *squares shoulders* :p

Great stuff! Can't wait for more. :D

19. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    ?Not really,? Tyria interjected with a frown. ?The message was from the neighbor.?

Something in the other woman?s voice caused Jaina to mutter a simple, ?Uh oh.?

?Exactly,? Tyria agreed. ?It seems the two boys had a little too much fun together ? ending with a run-in with the local constable.?
    [face_laugh] Boys will be boys! [face_laugh]

Jag?s handsome face framed in the blackest of hair broke into an unusually seductive grin. ?Hello. This is certainly some welcome.? [face_laugh] Men will be boys, too! ROTF! I love Jaggie... and that stereotypical male one track mind.... [face_love]

?Okay. One sec.? Jaina snatched a sleeveless top and shrugged it on, too. Then she jogged back into the main room. ?Better.?

Jag?s smile had returned to his usual composed state, and it stayed that way as he replied, ?Not really.?
    [face_laugh] I'm joining the masses in asking for some Jaggers clad only in a towel, too! ;)

I love the story. I wish I had more time to write all my raves and compliments, but Homecoming is coming up and I've got to plan it all out! Gotta run, but fabulous work, TKL and Lex!! :D

~Squishy

?Say you will come.?

20. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    ?Oh no. Not me. I?m going to have everything settled before I even think about marriage ? let alone kids.?

EEERRRR! I have every confidence that TKL & Lex will shake some sense into the post-NJO Jaina.... eventually anyway.

Does anyone ever have "everything settled". Uumm, does she think she will stop being a Jedi when she is married or that every career will take her away from her kids as much as her parents?

Ooops, sorry for the rant! I love that you guys can hook me into your story enough to be ranting at your characters in my reply. hee-hee. Another great post and I am glad Jaina thinks of someone almost twice her age as a contemporary rather than an "elder".

CONGRATULATIONS LEX!! I hope you are all able to get some sleep or at least a lot of coffee, well maybe not for the baby.

JaY

21. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    You know, I thought Tyria was not nearly as strong in the overt powers of the Force as most Jedi... wouldn't it have been more appropriate to say, "Knight Solo, do you think dropping the Facsreni premier..."? I mean, it's not like anyone doubts that Jaina was behind it all. Tyria probably did more of the flicking extra grime than the dropping.

Anyway, though, that's just a tangent. Someone already said it before, but I'll repeat it for emphasis: I like what you've done with Tyria. So many minor characters of a specific author's creation are cast aside in other books, so I'm glad that you're continuing the trend of reviving some of the Wraiths. Any chance at seeing the Horn clan in this story? Or perhaps Talon Karrde and Shada D'ukal (preferably together)?

One line I thought really poignant (okay, so there were a lot of lines I liked, but I don't have time to quote them all):

No, Jaina had been that child, left behind. Her parents had done what they had felt necessary. That truth, however, had never taken away the lonely nights when only a mother?s kiss or a father?s hug could have eased the ache in her heart.

I'll just let that speak for itself.

22. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Why doesn't Jaina want to go with Jag? This can't be good!

*green_eyes*

23. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Go to Csilla, Jaina!!!!!!!!!

24. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    Uh-oh. what sort of development is this?? What is Jaina - stupid? Duh she wants to go to Csilla *hint hint*! love the banter. i gotta run but cant wait for more.

God bless,
    [face_cowboy]Jaina [face_cowboy]

25. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Hehe, I survive a hurricane and come home to a Jag/Jaina post. Cool. Although I want to thwack Jaina upside the head. In fact I think I'll do that. *thwacks Jaina*

Listen Jaina, having gone through Ivan you do seriously see how little time one has and how unexpected things always happen. Waiting for tomorrow for things to settle only causes you to lose today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.