main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Courtship of Jagged Fel (a post-NJO collaboration): Complete, Author replies, Sept 16th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lex, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Lex: Your batting eyes powers won?t work on me. [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you]

Rats. Hey, you can't blame a girl for trying!

I've only got two words for this post: Poor Jag! :( (Okay, maybe I've got a lot more to say than that - but that kinda sums it up.)

He just had to have confidence that at least one side in this dispute would be agreeable, and trust in himself to find a way to keep the peace.

Nice mini-self-pep-talk. With very few exceptions in canon, we got to see Jag's at times arrogant self-confidence, but not the very human self-doubt that we knew had to be there. What a skillful combination of both in just one line.

Jag?s plan to observe carefully each member of the Vikovan delegation vanished as soon as his gaze fell on the young woman in the center of the group
    Jag had to remember to breathe.
    Jag swallowed hard. Her voice was melody and harmony, a song all its own. He had to hear it again. It was? exhilarating.
    There was that? something again. In her smile. In her eyes.
    Iliana smiled again. That smile?
    Us both? We? Each other?
    Until he heard the words leave his mouth, Jag didn?t realize he apparently had made a probably irreversible decision to take sides in the dispute he was supposed to be mediating.

Oh dear. [face_worried] Even though he was raised among the Chiss, poor Jag can't change the fact that he is human. A male human. 'Nuff said.

Then again, if he couldn?t handle a task as simple as convincing the woman he loved to spend some time with him, what made him think he had any chance of preventing a war?

It's certainly not helping matters that poor Jag is understandably mistaking Jaina's "A simple meeting with his family means that we must settle down and make babies immediately" attitude for an outright rejection of him. :( ** thwacks Jaina upside the head again ** :mad:

Next week ? Jaina?s twin and her uncle hatch a scheme?

It had better be a good one. Jaina needs to get her head screwed back on straight . . . really quickly.

Great post, as always! :D

2. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Yay! post#101

What if the CSA is in a chapter I wrote?
    Then I know you'll do it justice. :cool: [face_devil]

Jag swallowed hard. Her voice was melody and harmony, a song all its own. He had to hear it again. It was? exhilarating.
    :eek: *smacks Jag one for Jaina* Snap out of it! Grrr!!!

She couldn?t be real. No flesh and blood woman was this gorgeous.
    [face_thinking] Well, unless she's had a lot of help from a BH surgeon. [face_mischief]

Puts the teaser trailer in a whole new light now, doesn?t it?
    That's it!!! [face_idea] I think Lady_Padme is on to something. She's a droid! :p

Great job, guys!

More later when I have time. ;)

3. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Eh, if Jag doesn't want Iliana, you might consider introducing her to Jacen. I mean, if she's desperate enough, Jacen just might realize that she's hitting on him and they can live happily never after.

Interesting post, though--I can hardly wait for the start of the major pain and angst. This Iliana woman is somewhat creepy. Kind of like a Harry Potter veela, I guess.

4. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    I will read, I will read it :D

Later... :p

EDIT:

Well here I am agian.

And Wow!! Nice post...

She was tall ? nearly as tall as Jag himself. Her blue eyes sparkled with a brilliance found in the rarest of gemstones. Her long, straight blonde hair whispered around her head and shoulders like a solar corona. Her high cheekbones and full lips gave her face a divine beauty Wynssa Starflare would have envied. A shimmering white dress flaunted each and every one of her voluptuous curves. She couldn?t be real. No flesh and blood woman was this gorgeous. =P~=P~=P~

Her voice was melody and harmony, a song all its own. =P~ =P~

Economically, politically, militarily, culturally ? an alliance between us would benefit us both greatly. All in due time, as we come to know each other better.?

Us both? We? Each other?
    Hmm I bet you can [face_mischief]

I like Iliana already [face_hypnotized]

Even if she was a droid or whatever but she is rather not like few people would like here to be ;)

5. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    argh I dislike Iliana already just because Jag looked twice.

Jaina has got to get her act together and go stick up for herself! If she doesn't hurry up Jag will get fed up with waiting!

Anyhoo another great post guys - thanks for another great story (and its only chapter 3)

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    He has to remember to breathe? Oh, Force, don't tell me we've got an Isoldera here!

7. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Jag nodded. ?Good. What do they seem like to you??

?They are human, sir.?

LOL! I can just see the puzzled expression on Shawnkyr's face as she says that. :p

Jag?s plan to observe carefully each member of the Vikovan delegation vanished as soon as his gaze fell on the young woman in the center of the group ? the one who was moving to take the seat opposite him in the middle of the table.

She was tall ? nearly as tall as Jag himself. Her blue eyes sparkled with a brilliance found in the rarest of gemstones. Her long, straight blonde hair whispered around her head and shoulders like a solar corona. Her high cheekbones and full lips gave her face a divine beauty Wynssa Starflare would have envied. A shimmering white dress flaunted each and every one of her voluptuous curves. She couldn?t be real. No flesh and blood woman was this gorgeous.

Well, if that isn't male genetics at its best . . . *shakes head exasperatedly*

Iliana smiled. It wasn?t simply a diplomatic smile. There was something?

Oh, come on, Jag. Tell me you're not that gullible. :rolleyes:

?Thank you for responding so promptly to our entreaty, Ambassador,? she said. ?Such alacrity speaks well of your honor and integrity.?

Silver-tongued to boot. This one's dangerous, all right. [face_thinking]

?Then we must consider how best to defend your planet from attack.? Until he heard the words leave his mouth, Jag didn?t realize he apparently had made a probably irreversible decision to take sides in the dispute he was supposed to be mediating.

*sighs* I'd thought Jag had more presence of mind than that. Told you that Iliana was dangerous. [face_not_talking] I agree with my twin, though, that that diplomatic discussion was quite impressive. Great job! :D

I'm thinking Charlize Theron or young Brigitte Bardot, or that droid woman from Shadows of the Empire

Guri. Now that's an idea, Jieh. [face_thinking] As far as I remember, no one ever did know what happened to Guri when Xizor's planet was destroyed. [face_thinking]

In any case, it's a good thing Jaina's not there to see Jag's reaction to Iliana.

Actually, I'd rather have her see it. Maybe then she'd realize that she's got a good thing going with Jag, something that might be worth facing her fears for. Does she want to be like her uncle and waste ten years when the love of her life's right there in front of her? [face_frustrated]

Yes, I'm still irked with Jaina. :p Great job anyway, guys. ;) :D

EDIT: Whoops! Forgot to say thanks, TKL! (At least, I think that was TKL. You two can be confusing at times. [face_thinking] :p ) The VIPship was fun while it lasted. :D Now I'm living vicariously through my still colorful twin. :p

8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Sorry it took me so long to post. I had to fight Darth School, and it's apprentice Darth Homework. :rolleyes:

Anyways. Why did you have to put a pretty girl in the story besides Jaina? If you had to put Iliana in the story, you could at least make her a little ugly! The way you described her I bet that she even had the cold blooded Chiss drooling!

She was tall ? nearly as tall as Jag himself. Her blue eyes sparkled with a brilliance found in the rarest of gemstones. Her long, straight blonde hair whispered around her head and shoulders like a solar corona. Her high cheekbones and full lips gave her face a divine beauty Wynssa Starflare would have envied. A shimmering white dress flaunted each and every one of her voluptuous curves. She couldn?t be real. No flesh and blood woman was this gorgeous.

:eek: Bad Jag! Bad Jag! [face_shame_on_you] You allready have a girl! **Promptly dumps a bucket of ice water on Jag**

:rolleyes: Sighs loudly. Men! One pretty girl and . . .

Iliana smiled. It wasn?t simply a diplomatic smile. There was something?

:mad: Hey! Back off! He's Jaina's! Go get your own man!!

Iliana laughed lightly. There was that? something again. In her smile. In her eyes

Jag! Now what did I say! [face_shame_on_you] Snap out of it! Okay, you need to go take a really cold shower, and foreget about her! Obviously me dumping the ice water on you didn't work.

9. SpikeLeadJF

SpikeLeadJF Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2003
    Oooohhhh I get it!!!!!! Iliana or Jaina? Isolder or Han? hee hee, this is fun! You know TKL, I would think it was hilarious if you had Jaina kidnap Jag. No, scratch that. I would fall out of my chair and die of laughter and never be able to read anything again! :p But still I don't like this... Iliana. :eek: what happens if Han meets her?! uh oh spaghettios! :p

10. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Sorry it took me so long to reply. I had a lot of homework for my nutrition class (my professor is a nut case).

Now on to the post...I thought it was awesome, no matter how angry it made me:mad:!

As much as I wish that Iliana was a robot or evil or something I highly doubt she is:(. Let the MAJOR angst begin rubs hands together in anticipation.

I would say poor Jag (about Jaina) but I really can't because he is obviously attracted to Iliana. And to that I would say poor Jaina except she could have come with Jag and then she wouldn't be in a position where I might feel sorry for her. I hope that she gets her act together soon because I get the feeling that she is going to have to fight for Jag.

The title of this story makes me smile because so far the main characters seem to be the direct counterparts of those in The Courtship of Princess Leia
    Jaina has always been a lot like her father so it follows that she would be stepping in to Han's Role.
    Jag I've noticed does seem to have the same knack for diplomacy that Leia has and the same sense of duty.
    Iliana like Isolder will inevitably pursue a relationship (and possibly a marriage) with Jag, not only due to attraction but out of a sense of duty as well.

We can only hope that in the end Jag, like Leia, follows his heart and chooses Jaina.

[EDIT]: Techincal difficulties

11. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    I?m quite the opposite. Watching people suffer from their own stupidity is an endless source of entertainment! Why am I not surprised ;) :p

Oooh, I forsee me thwacking more people than Jaina in this one.

And I'll start with the lady who will not be afforded me typing her name (manly cause I forgot to spell it :p). *thwacks lady upside the head* Back off! He's spoken for!

And now for Jag. *thwacks Jag* Snap out of it! You're taken!

I too wish Jaina had been there to see that. Maybe it'd have knocked some sense into her dense skull. It's bad when Jacen is wiser than her in the choosing and acting part.

12. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    The title of this story makes me smile because so far the main characters seem to be the direct counterparts of those in The Courtship of Princess Leia
    Jaina has always been a lot like her father so it follows that she would be stepping in to Han's Role.
    Jag I've noticed does seem to have the same knack for diplomacy that Leia has and the same sense of duty.
    Iliana like Isolder will inevitably pursue a relationship (and possibly a marriage) with Jag, not only due to attraction but out of a sense of duty as well.

What JediJainaSoloFel said :p

We can only hope that in the end Jag, like Leia, follows his heart and chooses Jaina.
    *crosses her fingers and prays* [face_praying]

Great post, Lex and TKeira! The dialogue was great, description envy worthy, and I couldn't help but laugh at Jag's reaction to Iliana. [face_laugh] Of course, this keys the point where Jaina realizes what a fool she was to not go with Jag, pops by unannounced to visit him, and discovers him making eyes at someone else... I can just see a big BOOM!

Great job, looking forward to more!

~LtJS @};-

13. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    KILL HER!

MAN! i was hoping that u were talkin bout his Mama~! or sister~!

anyhooos HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

Great joB@ Lex and Teh_Sithliest_Sith!

14. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Arrrr.
    Man, I don't like Iliana. Well, I mean I do...she's wonderfully written ;)...its just that apparently Jag likes her too...and that's not good. She's so well written...I almost want to be her friend...almost. I'd much rather hang with Jaina. ;)

Here comes another 'Poor Jag' :(...

Then again, if he couldn?t handle a task as simple as convincing the woman he loved to spend some time with him, what made him think he had any chance of preventing a war?
    Jag, Oh ye hath little faith! He must be feeling so down...and then bam! A gorgeous chick is there and smiling at him.

Blasted Jag and his Corellian blood. Always a ladies man.

Can't wait for Jacen and Luke to scheme :D! That should be interesting.

Looking forward to Legacy too TKL. :) But this is definately one of my new favorites.

Keep it up guys!
    -CG

15. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    What is it about men that they see an ample bosom and immediately lose all presence of mind and sanity? That Iliana must be wearing an aphrodesiac as a perfume.

In any case, Shawnykyr was great. [face_laugh] :cool:

There's something fishy about this, that Iliana runs to the Chiss for help. Methinks it's more than just the cultural similarities. [face_thinking] Or hey, maybe we're all being unnecessarily harsh on poor Iliana. Maybe she has no ulterior motives.

Yeah, right. :p

Jacen and Luke hatching a plan? You mean Clueless and Cluelesser? :eek: Oh, this should be interesting. [face_mischief]

16. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Yes, Jag, try to remember how to breath. She is human.(Shawnkyr really keeps things in perspective doesn't she?)

It seems a little strange for her to go to the Chiss for help instead of the GFFA. And especially to ask for Ambassador Fel in particular.
    Do I sense an arranged marriage?

*green_eyes*

17. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
  18. HRD_Guri

HRD_Guri Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2004
    *reporting for duty* [face_devil]

Yes, I'm still very much around.

19. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Oh brother :p I can only guess whose sock you are :p

20. Vorquellyn

Vorquellyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    *pushes Iliana in front of a runaway speeder* Darn! Missed! Let's hope a male version of Teneniel shows up soon. And if Iliana=Isolder then Jag needs to watch out for the Ta'a Chume behind the scenes.

21. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    SHE'S A DROID! NO REAL HUMAN WOULD LOOK LIKE THAT AND BE IN POLITICS!

ahem.
    Small outburst there. Apologies. I usually don't do that. She's probably not a droid. I think I was thinking of that one book in the NJO.
    Anyway....
    I almost forgot the whole 'Courtship of Princess Leia' thing existed until I started reading others' comparisons. Whoops. Almost. :p I do agree with JediJainaSoloFel though that it seems like Illiana will try to do things with Jag because of some sort of duty. She doesn't seem to like him for him, at least not at this point. Hmm... Jaina likes Jag for Jag.... Jag, remember that. I just noticed I spelled Iliana with two L's before, but I'm going to leave it 'cause I have a feeling that her antics might make me ill in the future. ;)

Thanks TKL and Lex for such an entertaining and thought-producing story. Keep up the good work.

22. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Illiana [face_laugh] Nice one.

Okay, so it took me a few seconds to get it. :p

23. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    ^^ hehehe.

:D Wow, that was classic! Illiana.
    Mad props! ;)

24. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Uh, oh. Jaggie precious is being tempted to the blonde side! [face_worried]

Listen to me, Jag. Don't EVEN think about it!! I know Jaina's being a pill, but you have to keep trying! She loves you, she does!!

Jaina..... :rolleyes: You better shape up.

I'm sorta scared.

Wonderful post!

25. Dark_Lighter

Dark_Lighter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2003
    I am not liking this.... I think Jag has more or less set up another conflict and hes taking sides.

*takes a glass of cold water and throws it at Jag*

Wake up, you nerf herder, and start using that brain of yours to think. Or you can go on and completely screw up everything that you spent the last few years fighting for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.