main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Courtship of Jagged Fel (a post-NJO collaboration): Complete, Author replies, Sept 16th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lex, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stickster

stickster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    Awww! This was so great! And you guys write Han and Leia so well - I could hear their dialogue so clearly, especially when it was the two of them bantering in the Falcon. (And it's so nice to see Jaina and Jag again, being incredibly adorable. :)

2. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    I just LOVED this post!

It was great to see it from Leia's POV since she is so close to both Jaina and Han.

?I don?t know.? He shrugged. ?Fly casual.?

Ooooh! Nice Job including that line from RotJ. It was integrated so seemlessly, if I wasn't a Star Wars geek (:p) I never would have known that you didn't write that line.

He chuckled. ?Like our children, Karrde has a way of landing smack in the middle of events.?

Nothing less than the truth.:D

?Hello, Jag. Good to see you ?? he glanced to Jaina ?? two fighting for the same side again.?

*Gets down on knees and prays this line (and all that follows) happens in the canon stories*

For a moment Han blanched, but to his credit he recovered quickly.

That's all he did? I'm impressed with him. Actually, that's how I think he really would act. I don't necessarily think Han would freak out to the extent that some fanfic authors write him. I like this, I like this a lot.

Jag seemed unfazed, and offered Han a slight bow. ?I was getting to that, sir.?

You can't see me grinning as I write this, but rest assured that I am:

Han=:oops:

?Leia,? Jag said softly, holding out a handkerchief.

He's like a boyscout. Always prepared.

At some point, he had made a choice. He wanted a life with their daughter so much that he had chosen to give up everything just to be with her.

I'm hoping there are going to be some canon similiarities to this newly AU story. Especially this part.

He was the happiest man alive for Jaina?s sake, but for the father in him, his heart was breaking. Today, he had lost his daughter.

AWWWWWWWWW! Poor Han:( I think he needs a hug[:D]

And gained a son, Leia reminded herself.

Gained a great son! I'm loving it!

Han and Leia, now who's next to learn the good news?

Hmmmmmmm...Good question. I can't wait to find out!

3. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great post! It looks like Han might not kill Jag for taking his little girl away :p Definately looks like Shawnkyr and Jacen are getting close Can't wait for the next one :)
    --Wynssa

4. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Giggles.

He He.

That was soooo Han and Leia..and my favorite part?

Han groaned playfully and snagged Jaina into what they affectionately called a Chewie-love-lock. Then with one arm wrapped around her tiny shoulders, Han dragged her along. To an outsider, it would have looked like Han was the happiest man alive, but Leia saw that momentary flash in her husband?s eyes. He was the happiest man alive for Jaina?s sake, but for the father in him, his heart was breaking. Today, he had lost his daughter.

Chewie-love-lock *sigh*

That was a happy post. Awesome job.

5. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    Luke & Mara next? Please.

?You couldn?t help yourself, could you?? she asked, shaking her head.

?Nope. I really couldn?t.?

The best! I love your Han and Leia here, you really captured them. They are the original SW couple to set the standard for all the others.

I really like how Jag asked permission to join the GFFA, as well as Jaina's hand in marriage. There is just something about Fels as Rebels that is so appealing. And that he is willing to give up the only home he has known to make a new one with Jaina, aaaawwwww.

Thanks guys, a little happy, smart mush was just what I needed.

'night
    JaY

EDIT: Spacing, errr.

6. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    ?You can?t just fly up to a Chiss battlecruiser.?

You know, you?d think Leia would know better after all of these years.

[face_laugh] Nice echo of easily one of my favorite Star Wars lines!

The truth dawned on Leia. The deposed former leader, her name was Iliana. ?Oh Jaina. You didn?t.?

?Hey, I only beat her up.? Jaina thumbed over at Jag. ?He shot her.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Priceless!

?Sir, Princess, as honorary diplomatic dignitaries of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances,? Jag started, then swallowed hard.

A bit formal, but a good start, Leia thought.

Jag adjusted his grip on Jaina?s hand. ?I would like to formally request your blessing and support in my petition for asylum to the ??

Okay, I?ll admit to being a bit dense here ? I had no idea where Jag was going with this at this point.

Jag seemed unfazed, and offered Han a slight bow. ?I was getting to that, sir.?

[face_laugh] Point for Jag! :D

But Jag was still watching Leia; his eyes were plaintive and concerned. At some point, he had made a choice. He wanted a life with their daughter so much that he had chosen to give up everything just to be with her. Leia understood and reached out for his hands. ?Yes, Jag. I will personally see to your acceptance into the Alliance.?

?Thank you,? he mouthed, the usually emotionless man actually unable to speak

Awww . . . :_| [face_love]

To an outsider, it would have looked like Han was the happiest man alive, but Leia saw that momentary flash in her husband?s eyes. He was the happiest man alive for Jaina?s sake, but for the father in him, his heart was breaking. Today, he had lost his daughter.

And gained a son, Leia reminded herself.

Awww . . . :_| [face_love]

?So, your Aunt Mara wanted to know how the Shadow was doing??

[face_laugh] Perfect ending!

Great post, as always! :D

7. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    ?Insignificant to the Alliance,..."
    Ok. This is what happens when you read the post on not enough sleep. You think that line is someone speaking over the comm channel and find it amusing that the Chiss would name a ship the Insignificant. And you find it even more amusing and ironic that it is named that considering what Leia just said. Then you realise there's more to the sentence and feel semi-foolish but oddly compelled to share what just happened.

Classic. :D

?Why is it that our children always seem to end up in the middle of these unimportant important events??
    [face_laugh] They certainly do have a knack for it, don't they? But then again... look at their parents.

?It seems you?ve taken over the Solo-Skywalker destiny of righting all the wrongs of galaxy,? Han said as the two men separated.
    The Solo-Skywalkers. Righting the galaxy, one system at a time. 8-}

?Hello, Jag. Good to see you ?? he glanced to Jaina ?? two fighting for the same side again.?
    Oh TJK.... Oh future novel authors... are you reading this?

The truth dawned on Leia. The deposed former leader, her name was Iliana. ?Oh Jaina. You didn?t.?

Ha! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Those lines got delivered really well in my head.

?Yeah, well, don?t forget ? I gave you a planet, sweetheart,? Han said.

Jag stifled a chuckle. ?I tried that, sir, but I fell short on the endeavor.?

Han puffed his chest. ?It?s all right. We?ll forgive you those Fel inadequacies. You?re a Solo now.?

Jaina grinned at her father. ?I?m going to be a Fel, Daddy.?

Ah, the Solo and Fel familial banter. You know I can't get enough of that.

This is just quality writing. And a quality story. By quality authors.
    Quality.
    :D

8. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    ?Hey, I only beat her up.? Bit of an understatement.

Yeah, well, don?t forget ? I gave you a planet, sweetheart,? Han said [face_laugh] And that worked so well.

Great update!

9. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    SQWUISSHHH!!! ( <---- noise of pure joy and excitement)

Awww, that was great!!!

Warped? Me? .... Just a little tiny bit. [face_mischief]

10. SpikeLeadJF

SpikeLeadJF Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2003
    Today, he had lost his daughter. If my father had it his way, I'd never get married. I can hardly imagine what he'll be like when I start dating.
    ...so your Aunt Mara wanted to know how the Shadow was doing... [face_devil]
    Who's going to be next to learn about the engagement? hmmm... could it be Soontir? Luke and Mara? or somebody else.... oh the possiblities! :D
    Can't wait for the next post!
    ~SpikeLead~

11. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    That was a lovely and very emotionally satisfying post. :) Jag was cute in his nervousness and I loved the moment between Jacen and his folks.

12. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great post!

?Well, a couple hours in the cantina with my dad will cure you of that,? Jacen replied with a mischievous curl at the corner of his mouth. Then he leaned a little closer to Shawnkyr and spoke not nearly quiet enough. ?And he?s going to need it.? Ha, can't wait to see this trip to the cantina.

And definately can't wait to see that explanation, or if Mara can tell the difference.

13. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    Han took that suprisingly well. That was great!!! I was reading the whole assylum thing and i was like what does assylum mean does that mean he wants to marry her (I am so out of it now so i wasn't thinking 8-} ) and then i was like....'oh....... i get it' it took me a sec though. And Han's comment about the ring was hilarious but it was def a Han thing. and how shawnkry and jacen are hanging out together alot now was a really good idea at first i was like ok????? but now I'm really liking it!! This was really good I can't wait for the rest (my guess as to who is going to find out next is probably someone from rouge squadron is goinng find out and blab to everyone (prob wes) or Kyp because he's just good friends or Syal and Soontir. Ok I'm done. Great update!!!

14. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    WOW! came home from volleyball and stuffs to such a wonderful post! great job u two! Loved it! AND OMG ! Han accepted Jag and Jaina getting married wonderfully!

15. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Chants to self ?this is the AU, The Joiner King is what ?really? happened, this is the AU, The Joiner King is what ?really? happened, this is the AU, The Joiner King is what ?really? happened ?stops chanting ?sod it, I can?t convince myself, The Joiner King is AU even if it is profic.

Chapter Thirty-Seven
    Leia probably spends her time kibitzing the speech to avoid getting bored (?He already said that, what a clumsy metaphor, isn?t that a contradiction, oh?so now they?re doing that, last week they were against it?)

Glad that the new leader is being such a sycophant to the Chiss. Now he has so strongly and publicly associated himself with them he has no choice but to remain allied as if their power on Vikova fades so will his own. Contico sounds like he will be a useful tool.

Glad also that Jacen has an immunity to toadies.

Shame that Iliana is alive, though considering how much bacta can heal I wonder how badly injured she was.

Enjoy Chu?itha?s sense of humour and willingness to admit that a ruthless ally is okay, but not a brutal one (whose actions would breed opposition).

Very much enjoyed the Jacen / Shawnkyr exchange on the fact that duty calls, but not tonight. Hopefully the trademark Solo grin works on Majors in the CEDF.

Chapter Thirty-Eight
    I don?t think I agree entirely with Leia, displays of military prowess can be designed to intimidate but they can also be designed to show what a valuable ally your forces would be. Of course this is the woman that as Chief of State authorised NRDF wargames in Hutt Space specifically to intimidate them so she might be projecting her own motives. ;)

Liked Han deciding to take a look at the Ordained Guardian and Leia making the connection between the similarities of the names of that and the Fated Protector.

I think I know why Jaina withdrew and became distant and hidden from her mother. There are some things in life that you want your mother to sense, for everything else there?s Jedi Blocking. :)

Loved Han triggering the ramp controls from the cockpit for Leia, and the image of obligatory backslapping and male bonding grunts.

Also loved that Han saw the cuts and bruises on Jaina while Leia saw (and sensed) the glow of happiness around Jaina. Leia?s reaction to finding out who Jaina had fought with was lovely (so calm, so ?Oh not again dear?) and so was Jaina?s method of defending herself.

Poor Han, he blanches as he knows what is coming, he exclaims in relief when he thinks it is only a defection, he slaps his forehead when Jag says he was getting to the ?may I have your daughter?s hand in marriage? bit. Liked the instant competitiveness with the ?I gave you a planet!? when they saw the ring.

16. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Classic Han. :cool:

When you care enough to send the very best...send it through Karrde. [face_love] :p

=P~ Which one of you put that in there! I can't help the drooling. [face_blush]

[face_laugh] After all they've been through, they still have to be macho about hugging.

Poor Space Hussy! I still support her. [:D] :p

Hahaha! Now that kind of twist I didn't expect.

:oops: That one? :p

LMAO! More Classic Han. He definitely stole this post. [face_love]

This quoting option is so useful for replying!

17. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Um...who do you think? [face_batting]

=P~ MMMMMmmm...Jacen =P~

Sorry, Evil Partner [face_blush]

18. Aniakera

Aniakera Jedi Master star 1

Aug 20, 2005
    Wow, great story so far!! I just started reading this a couple days ago, and it's awesome!! :D . All I can say is: red ale must have some pretty strong effects!:eek: [face_laugh] I can't believe you got Jag drunk! I'm glad Illiana got her butt kicked like we all knew she needed (and she did!). I love all the parallels to COPL and the movies. Too funny!! I especially loved how afraid everyone was of Mara's reaction if she found out about the Shadow. (Somehow, I have a feeling she's going to find out eventually..) Also, I loved the J/J interaction throughout the whole thing - totally believable! All and all, great story!!!!!

19. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Yey a wedding!

Two great chapters guys!!

I could just picture the obligatory backslapping and male bonding grunts [face_laugh]

LOL

Poor Han having to let his little girl go!

I hope we get to see Han, Jacen and Shawnkyr in the Cantina!!! LOL

Thanks again guys see you at the next post!

20. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Nice way to possibly tie in this storyline to TJK! =D= And so much more pleasant to think about the mush. (Not to say I didn't enjoy TJK, because I did... and I'm looking forward to the next installment too.)

I loved Leia & Han rushing to Vikovia when things seemed off . They're great! :cool:

Who's up next?

21. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    I think it says something for you two that I'm giggling crazily at how cute and funny that last post was, and I knew that they would end up married. :p

I can't WAIT to see her face... She's gonna be furious... :D

Great posts!

22. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    I can?t even begin to tell you guys how much I loved this post? especially after the latest offering from Del Rey. [:D] (But we won?t go into that. [face_plain] )

?Han?? She clutched the console. ?What are you doing??

?Having a look.?

?You can?t just fly up to a Chiss battlecruiser.?

?Sure I can.? He waggled his hand at their intended destination. ?They don?t own Vikovan space.?

Leia glanced from her husband ? who still never ceased to confound and bewilder her ? to the looming warship. ?What exactly are you planning to do??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Priceless! The Han/Leia banter was so funny, and so like the movies. I also enjoyed the ?scruffy rebel? and the ?abusing your reputation lines. *giggles* :D

The Leia and Jacen reunion was sweet. [face_love] So were Jacen and Shawnkyr. :p And a couple of hours with Han, Jacen and Shawnkyr in a cantina? That should be part of the missing scene. [face_mischief]

Jaina grinned at Jag, who looked a little worse for wear as well in Leia?s estimation. ?What was her name? Ill??

?Um.? Jag stroked his chin. ?Illy something.?

[face_laugh] Illy the spaced hussy! [face_mischief]

[face_devil] [face_laugh]

Clearly fighting a blossoming desire to laugh at Jaina?s amazing ability to wind up in the middle of high profile political incidents at every turn, Han stuck out his hand. ?Hello, Jag. Good to see you ?? he glanced to Jaina ?? two fighting for the same side again.?

So true! [face_love] [face_dancing] ( #@%* TJK)[face_frustrated]

?Sir, Princess, as honorary diplomatic dignitaries of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances,? Jag started, then swallowed hard.

Jag adjusted his grip on Jaina?s hand. ?I would like to formally request your blessing and support in my petition for asylum to the ??

?Asylum!? Han blurted out.

Poor nervous Jag! [:D]
    Her husband waved his free hand at Jag. ?Is that all? With the pomp and excitement I thought for sure you were going to ask for Jaina?s hand in marriage or ??

?Dad!?
    ?Han!?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Isn?t Han the greatest daddy in the galaxy? [face_love]

The sparkle of brilliant ice crystals glimmering off Jaina?s hand caught Han?s and Leia?s attention simultaneously. ?Woo-eee!? he exclaimed ?They must be paying you too much, son.?

?Oh, Jaina,? Leia gasped as her daughter held the ring out for closer inspection. An orichale band with sizeable ice crystals set all around, the ring was quite impressive. ?It?s beautiful.?

?Yeah, well, don?t forget ? I gave you a planet, sweetheart,? Han said.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] I guess Han won ?the rock? competition there. ;)I loved the whole scene. Jag formally asking for Jaina?s hand was precious. I almost got as emotional as Leia. And Han gruffly trying to keep things cool when his heart was breaking was just perfect. [face_love]

[face_laugh] He?s the best! Han is our man! :D

Another favorite post! I can?t wait for more. :D

23. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Here's a teaser

[face_peace]

See ya tomorrow!

24. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    great teaser.....can i take a wild guess as to who's coming......hmmmm this is a tough one

**three hours later**

oh i got it!!!!! WES JANSON AND THE REST OF THE OLD ROUGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    tryed to be sly there trying to get us to think it was Jags parents. Very smart TKL changing their real names to CODE names to throw us off.

Wow i have such a weird sense of humor when I'm tired. I HAVE to start sleeping more. I rly liked the teaser. And just so you don't think I'm crazy or w/e Syal and Soontir??? (The more normal guess) Can't wait for the postie!!!!

25. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Hey I would forgot to reply [face_blush]

Leia glanced from her husband who still never ceased to confound and bewilder her to the looming warship. What exactly are you planning to do?

I don't know. He shrugged. Fly casual.

Hehe nice :D ( ROTJ )

Leia arched an eyebrow and cast her gaze across the cockpit at her husband's half-cocked grin. Not bad for a scruffy Rebel.

Han feigned indignation. Hey! Who's scruffy?

Han will never change :D ( ESB )

No, it wasn't. He was telling us without telling us to check on the kids, dear.

Typical Talon :D Always good with his words ;)

Father and son reunited with some obligatory backslapping and male bonding grunts.

:rolleyes:

Well, a couple hours in the cantina with my dad will cure you of that, Jacen replied with a mischievous curl at the corner of his mouth. Then he leaned a little closer to Shawnkyr and spoke not nearly quiet enough. ;And he's going to need it.

[face_laugh] You know I have a weird feeling that Jacen got himself really drunk and Shawnkyr didn't even got drunk a little bit ;) :p

Only then did Leia notice the cuts and bruises across her daughter's face. Still, she didn't worry.

WHAT!!!!!!!! Cuts and bruises!!!!! Why the hell Iliana gets a bacta tank healing and Jaina has to have cuts and bruises?!!!! Throw Iliana out and put Jaina in!!! Some people are more important to heal!!!

Jaina grinned at Jag, who looked a little worse for wear as well in Leia's estimation. What was her name? Ill...

Um. Jag stroked his chin.Illy something.

LOL Another reminder why I really liked the similar line in Rebel Stand ;)

Hey, I only beat her up. Jaina thumbed over at Jag. He shot her.

[face_laugh]

Hello, Jag. Good to see you ... he glanced to Jaina ... two fighting for the same side again.

:mad: * looks at Mr. Denning with lightnings in his eyes * Grrr!!!

You know you could have skipped that line but as always your evil side must have written this :p

Sir, Princess, as honorary diplomatic dignitaries of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances, Jag started, then swallowed hard.

Jag adjusted his grip on Jaina's hand. I would like to formally request your blessing and support in my petition for asylum to the ...

Asylum! Han blurted out.

[face_laugh] Oh my! Jag is way to formal in this kind of situations ;)

But Jag was still watching Leia; his eyes were plaintive and concerned. At some point, he had made a choice. He wanted a life with their daughter so much that he had chosen to give up everything just to be with her. Leia understood and reached out for his hands. Yes, Jag. I will personally see to your acceptance into the Alliance.

Will it be the same in Dark Nest? Knowing Denning he will screw up something :mad:

The sparkle of brilliant ice crystals glimmering off Jaina's hand caught Han's and Leia's attention simultaneously. Woo-eee! he exclaimed They must be paying you too much, son.

Oh, Jaina, Leia gasped as her daughter held the ring out for closer inspection. An orichale band with sizeable ice crystals set all around, the ring was quite impressive. It's beautiful.

Yeah, well, don't forget I gave you a planet, sweetheart, Han said.

Yeah they are paying him to much ;) But not enough when it comes to Jaina ;)

Oh and nice reminder of COPL

In true Han Solo fashion, though, still wrestling with his little girl as they crossed toward the Falcon, he said, So, your Aunt Mara wanted to know how the Shadow was doing...

[face_laugh] Han with a killer at the end :D I bet it's a good bed chamber ;)

Han and Leia, now who's next to learn the good news?

Well the teaser only proved what I was thinking ;)

Was this long enough ;)

I tried to find all those small book or movie hints but I'm not sure I found them all ;)

~~Chimpo~~

PS. One more thing about the ships, space and

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.