main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Courtship of Jagged Fel (a post-NJO collaboration): Complete, Author replies, Sept 16th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lex, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Excelent! I hope that Soontir hinted enough that Syal packed something appropriate. If not I fear for his safety, or at least his back sleeping on the couch is no fun.

What is CS?

2. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    So it seems Soontir may have planned the the whole Vikova opportunity.... hhhmmm. COOL!

Great chapter. I like the banter and how Syal tried to coax her husband into revealing his secret, he is strong to fight the breathing on his neck trick. I felt for Jaina and I am glad she received the approval she needed. And Wyn is the perfect sister providing distractions a just the right moments.

I can't wait for the wedding, jitters and all.

JaY

3. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Chandrila Suprise by Darth Lex :) A sequel to this story ;)

4. joroqez312

joroqez312 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    Great post! I'm checking in again for a short while after a VERY long lurking hiatus... but I have been reading! Great job, you two.

Chrys

5. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Wedding jitters?

pshaw! Jitters are so cliche after what they've been thru! :p

6. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Enjoyed the Fel's interactions with one another. Acted like any other family I know, including my own. :D Considering Jaina's sickness it's probably a good thing the wedding is soon.

I loved Wyn from the books and would love to see an older version hooked up with Jacen. ;) Or even a story where she just torments him. :)

7. Aniakera

Aniakera Jedi Master star 1

Aug 20, 2005
    Darn! I just typed a huge reply and my stupid computer deleted it. Oh well; now that I have time, I can re-type it.

I love the Syal/Soontir interaction!!!! I also liked how Wyn showed back up (Is it just me, or does anyone else think, "oh, she reminds me of Briaun?" It's so funny that sometimes I'll be reading profic and I'll be like, what happened to Rane? or where's Briaun? Sign of a good fic when I think IT'S the profic, and the profic is fanfic! :p )

A little part of her had hoped this secret might have entailed visiting their son. Wishful thinking. Hah! She's about to be surprised!

?We?re going to see Jag, aren?t we??

?Is Jaina with him??

?Oh!? Wyn exclaimed. ?I bet it?s because ??

:p She's too smart. I bet her parents have a hard time keeping anything from her. :p

Soontir swallowed hard. ?I am not prepared to confirm or deny anything at this time.?

?Oh, ?Tiiiiiir,? Syal purred.

[face_laugh] Poor 'Tir! He's trying so hard!

?Jacen!? Wyn bounded one step before her Fel sensibilities got the better of her. She stayed put at her father?s side.

o_O Ah-ha... now what is this I see? This will be interesting to watch...er...read.

Predictably, Wyn went to Jacen?s side and began a barrage of questions as they walked. :p This will be funny if they end up together.... You won't be able to get a word in edgewise, they ask so many questions!! Talking to them would be like facing the Spanish Inquisition! [face_laugh]

Soontir caught Syal?s confused expression. ?We?ve, uh, already met.?

Syal arched an eyebrow. ?Oh really??

Heheheh.... Soontir will have a little explaining to do eventually...

Tugging her daughter back, Syal scolded, ?Wynssa Fel, when have you gotten hold of those horrible publications? You know how I feel about what they write, always distorting the truth about people.?

That's right... Syal probably doesn't like those, seeing as she was probably the topic of many an issue as a holostar.[face_shame_on_you]

Syal faced Soontir, trying to keep her mouth from dropping. Smile. Everyone is watching. This was dreadful; something was horribly wrong. Possible scenarios flickered in her mind like horror scenes in a holodrama. What could it be? Smile. What could it be?

This is too funny! Syal was well trained as a holostar! She has the amazing talent to keep a smile on her face through the most tense situations! [face_laugh]

Soontir touched her arm. ?Syal, dear, did you hear what Jag said??

Of course she hadn?t, but for an actress of any skill fibbing through that would be a snap. She looked from her husband?s expectant face to Jag, who looked anxious, to Jaina, who looked sick, and to Wyn, who looked like she had bantha beetles in her pants. And all their emotions appeared to be hanging on Syal?s next words.

Aaahhh.....don't flub it!....!!!...!

She smiled sweetly and said, ?That is wonderful news.?

Gaah! SYAL! How could you! :oops:

?Pretend like you really did hear Jag tell you he asked Jaina to marry him, dear,? Soontir whispered in her ear, and then shoved Syal forward.

[face_laugh] At least Soontir knows how to cover for Syal!

Syal felt her husband?s fingers intertwine with her own, and magically the right words sprang to mind. ?There could be no one better for our son. Welcome to our family.?

Phew! She finally got it!

I can't imagine how horrible that would be... "Mother, Father... I have asked Jaina to marry me ... and she has accepted."

*sickly sweet smile* "That is wonderful news.":oops:

?Absolutely,? Soontir said. ?We?ve been invited by Jaina?s family to stay for their winter holiday celebration.?

So there was some of the secret. Syal narrowed her eyes. ?I expect you to behave.?

[face_laugh] She's got his number, all right. Soontir better watch out!

?True,? Jag said, wrapping an arm around her waist. ?Fortunat

8. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Hey everyone! :D

We haven't forgotten about replies; they'll be up tomorrow. ;)

In the meantime, for those so inclined there's a special early teaser for the next post in the Cantina. :cool:

See you Wednesday for the next post! [face_dancing]

9. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    [sings]

Going to the chapel
    And we're gonna get married
    Going to the chapel of love

[face_dancing] [face_love] :*

Heehee! Great teaser! :D

10. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Nice teaser :) What was it? A dream? Or maybe a nightmare? ;)

11. Aniakera

Aniakera Jedi Master star 1

Aug 20, 2005
    :D

[face_love]Great teaser! I know I'm going to like this one![face_love]

Aniakera

12. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Ha! I finally return from the Black Hole of Calcutta...aka an endless summer of youth group activities, getting ready for college, moving into the dorms, starting the first week of classes... *sigh* No one told me college was going to be this stressful.

But this is a good day, because not only is it the season finale of The 4400 tonight, but I also went on a reading binge and caught up with this! Isn't that exciting?

I've loved each and every post, of course, and there are so many wonderful lines that I can't even begin to pick one to quote. I'll start up with that next time.

So here's the question: If this really is, as I've long expected, the prequel to Chandrilla Surprise (and I'm assuming it is) does that mean there's going to be a sequel to this with Jacen and Tahiri? Huh? Pretty please? [face_praying] Cuz I would love that. I can't think of anything more fun than that!

Anyways, I'm so worn out, I'm sure that was barely coherent, but I just wanted you to know how much I love this. Oh! I almost forgot! Will Kyp be able to come to the wedding? The lack of Kypness in this story is its only low point. Of course, a low point on this story isn't even worth mentioning.

Anyways, is it too soon to ask for more?

13. TKeira_Lex

TKeira_Lex Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2004
    Hey, everyone! :D Lex here with replies. ;)

Sola_Halcyon: What did he do? What?
    Apparently Soontir learned a little bit more from Thrawn than we thought. [face_thinking]

Out of curiosity, where's Cem? Unable to accompany them, or nonexistent in this AU?
    Um? Let me get back to you on that. 8-}

WynssaStarflare: Jag was lucky he didn't give his poor mother a heart attack by springing something like this on her so soon.
    Hey, at least he didn?t elope! :p

It was quite evil of Soontir to keep that big of a secret from her too.
    I?m impressed he did. Keeping secrets from a woman is really difficult! [face_love]

Wildcat: Believe me, I'm not the one who has two heads-this girl's got all kinds of issues.
    [face_laugh] Oh my! Good luck with the roommate.

Although knowing Syal, I'm sure she has some kind of clue.
    Yep. But sometimes we?re afraid to hope the clues really mean what we think they do, so we don?t get too disappointed if we?re wrong. [face_worried]

This must be the infamous first trip.
    [Obi] Possibly. [/Obi] [face_mischief]

Ooh. She's playing dirty! I like it
    I bet. [face_not_talking]

Ah, her first glimpse of Jaina Solo in the flesh. And she probably still looks like she was in a cat fight.
    Of course! We couldn?t let Jaina have it too easy now, could we? 8-}

Nothing like some nice shocking news like that to wake you up in the morning.
    Exactly. [face_coffee]

This is of course after you have raised them past the crying and pooping stage TKL
    Yeah, but at least at that stage they don?t talk back like Wyn. [face_laugh]

Yeah, I see that halo. It's a little crooked and bent, but it's there.
    Something like that. O:)

skywalker64089: Talk about short notice.
    Well, this is Jaina we?re dealing with. :p

crackjacks: It's a good thing that Syal is a great actress otherwise it would have been a VERY awkward moment!
    Fortunately she recovered pretty quickly. :)

jade51999: I feel bad, I was laughing at poor Syal's predicament. LOL That was great.
    Nothing like a little tormenting the parents. [face_mischief]

AvenKiel: I'm laughing so hard my roommate's giving me one of those looks
    You mean this one? o_O Yeah, been there, gotten that.

now I'm shipping Jacen and Wyn. Will wonders never cease?
    Poor Shawnkyr. How quickly we forget. :p

FelsGoddess: I can't even begin to count how many times I used that.
    Yep, it?s a classic. ;)

TheSheryl: Will Jaina's wedding dress be red?
    I think it?s safe to say we know the negligee under it will be. [face_batting]

Solo_and_Fel: lack-of-sleep-induced misreadings
    Aww, but those are the best! :D

Scoundrel: I think it?s a part of human nature that automatically switches on during the teen years.
    Definitely. Even in Fels. [face_laugh]

You authors are quite evil to have Syal miss the most important part!
    Why, thank you. We were quite proud of that devious idea. [face_devil]

Boy, they?re sure not wasting any time! (Not that I blame them.)
    Yeah, we put them through enough suffering already, don?t you think? ;)

Chimpo: LOL And I always complained that there was not enough mass media in Legacy
    Who says we don?t listen to our readers? :cool:

Poor Jag and Jaina that must have sounded like Syal wasn't happy for them
    Yep? Even in the happy chapters we have to throw in a little bit of anxiety. 8-}

Mr. Denning read this
    We?re sticking to our theory on TUQ and TSW. [face_praying]

Jaina in red dress is always a winner with me and Jag
    Me too. =P~

goddess45: Jaina's getting sick? she's pregnant. that makes so much more sense now that i know that this is the prequel to Chandrilla Surprise.
    Actually, that was just nerves. ;) Remember, CS is two years after TUF, and COJF is one year after, so she isn?t pregnant (yet).

Auntie:

14. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Now that I think I've had enough sleep... I think.

I see Wyn is playing her role as the Fel family secret-spiller. :p She was definitely my favourite part of the post. Soontir was doing so well at keeping Syal at bay and then she almost messed it up just by guessing. Its almost amazing Syal didn't catch on faster.

?You haven?t been invited into the cockpit by the pilot, young lady,? Soontir scolded.
    I thought this illustrated the miltary style family of the Fels well. I bet the Solo kids never had to be invited in.

The dam of emotion broke. Jag smiled; Jaina did too. Wyn continued her happy dance.
    [face_laugh] What an entertaining visual. I can just see Wyn bouncing around like a kid on a sugar high.

Her eyes widened. She had figured him out. ?You didn?t,? she mouthed.

?What?? he mouthed back, smiling angelically.

Hmm.. I'm not sure I caught on to this one. I'm interested to see what Soontir " didn't " do.

15. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    ok then that REALLy clears things up!! I loved the teaser I can't wait for the next postie!!!!!!!!!

16. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Hi!

Just a quick drop-in to say I'm still reading.

I'm eagerly waiting for the conclusion of this awesome story by our favourite Evil Duo.

And I loved the last post. And the one before. And the other one. And... well, you get the idea... :p

MTFBWY,

Lauré :)

17. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    I just realised....TOMORROWS WEDS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we get a postie tom!!
    and there's gonna be a WEDDING!!

they're gettin married in the mornin'
    ding dong the bells are gonna ring!!

*I changed some things alittle in my lovely tune*

18. TKeira_Lex

Jun 27, 2004
    Getting the rest of the replies before we post. ;)

Solo_and_Fel: She was definitely my favourite part of the post. Soontir was doing so well at keeping Syal at bay and then she almost messed it up just by guessing.
    Heehee! That Wyn is a crazy one. 8-}

I bet the Solo kids never had to be invited in.
    Yeah, that rule would?ve lasted about two seconds. [face_laugh]

goddess45: Happy to clarify. ;)

lauré: Thanks for checking in! :D

Posting momentarily! :cool:

19. TKeira_Lex

Jun 27, 2004
    EPILOGUE

Jagged Fel appraised himself in the tall mirror, and the man he saw there disconcerted him a bit. He couldn?t remember the last time he had worn formal attire other than the black CEDF uniform that at times had almost been like a second skin. But that image of himself was one he would never see again. He had made his choice, and he did not regret it for a moment.

?It suits you,? Shawnkyr said.

He nodded. The Corellian jacket hung perfectly off his broad shoulders, and the dark trousers bore the red bloodstripes he had earned in battle years before. ?It will do.?

From behind him, Jacen chuckled. ?You sure about this, Jag??

?I am.?

?Positive??

?Yes.?

?Absolutely, undoubtedly certain??

Laughing, Jag spun on him. ?I thought you were supposed to be providing encouragement??

?Yeah, well,? Jacen replied, shrugging. ?I?ve never been very good at doing what I?m supposed to.?

?Neither is your sister,? Shawnkyr added helpfully.

?She is about to become my wife.? Jag raised a finger at his friend. ?I will have none of that.?

She crossed her arms defiantly. ?Your final moments of freedom, and you use them to take away all my fun at your expense.?

?You?ll get over it.?

Jacen patted him on the shoulder. ?We?ll miss you, Jag.?

?Miss me?? He furrowed his brow. ?No doubt you will see me far more often than before.?

Shawnkyr patted his other shoulder. ?Perhaps so. But today, the Jag we have come to know vanishes forever.?

?What are you talking about??

?You?re marrying Jaina,? Jacen said.

?From now on,? Shawnkyr continued, ?all independent thought is gone.?

?Cut it out,? Jag demanded. ?Jaina is not like that.?

?Oh, I imagine she will let you select your own garments from time to time,? Shawnkyr said.

?Face it, Jag,? Jacen said, chuckling. ?My sister has you wrapped around her finger.?

?Now wait just one ?? Jag stopped, then laughed. ?Perhaps she does.?

?It won?t be so bad,? Jacen said. ?After a year or two, you won?t remember the difference.?

Jag shook his head in dismay. ?You two have lost your minds.?

His friends exchanged glances, sharing an expression that might have seemed fitting on Jacen, but coming from Shawnkyr was truly foreign. They looked? giddy.

?I have a wedding to attend,? Jag said. ?Do you think you can manage to regain your sanity long enough to join me??

?Probably,? Jacen said, and waved him out.

Jag spared one last look in the mirror, then strode toward the door. He paused in front of it and took a slow, deep breath. For all their teasing, they were right about one thing. His life was never going to be the same. He waved open the door and stepped through.

He had only gone a few paces, though, when he realized he was alone. With a helpless chuckle he spun on his heel and walked back into the small waiting room.

Jacen and Shawnkyr were standing face to face. Her palm was on his chest; his hand cupped her jaw. Their eyes were locked in an intense gaze. Everything about their pose was just a little too close for mere friendship.

Jag cleared his throat.

?Sorry,? Jacen said, motioning Shawnkyr toward the door. ?We were just about to ??

?I bet,? Jag said, spinning back into the corridor.

He walked through an open archway into the spectacular chamber of the ancient Chandrilan cathedral. A vaulted ceiling soared several stories above him. Sparkling light streamed in the stained-glass windows that marked brilliantly colored gaps in the stone walls. Before him the rows of wooden pews were packed with family and friends.

Jag walked slowly along the raised dais toward the Corellian holy man waiting patiently for him. All the while he let his eyes travel over the gathered celebrants, who were here to share in the happiest day of his life. The happiest day of Jaina?s life too, he knew, a thought that inexplicably made his heart begin to race.

On his left sat his family. His father met his gaze and gave him the slightest of nods. His mother, clinging to his father as though her life depended

20. Trepidation

Trepidation Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2005
    Heh heh...that was pretty nasty. Secure helmets...and reinforced armor... :)

21. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Well yeah we didn't have enough sad J/J moments in last few months so we have one more :(

What am I suppose to write about this post? You couldn't stop yourselves and give us a happy ending :(

I feel disappointed :( Really disappointed :(

Back to DRL again :(

Chimpo_the_sad :(

22. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    TKL AND LEXXXXXXXXX! NOO! i feel like... i dk its horrible! U guys are horrible! I want an application to the denial society!

23. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Nasty, vicious, evil authors.

That's not even right. Write a sequal where Jaina's in a coma, or something. :D

S.

24. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    I knew you two couldn't let them be happy. Geez. I will wade further out into da Nile, and just pretend that little last bit didn't happen. [face_not_talking]

Get all excited about getting to start my workday with the epilogue for this, and I get that... evil, evil, evil.

But still great. ;) And anytime you guys feel like writing the actual end where this is all just a dream sequence, that would be great. ;)

25. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Noooo! It's not true! It's impossible!

:eek: :_| :eek:

*pouts*

Officially camping in Egypt from now on.

MTFBWY,

Lauré :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.