main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Courtship of Jagged Fel (a post-NJO collaboration): Complete, Author replies, Sept 16th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lex, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    ?From now on,? Shawnkyr continued, ?all independent thought is gone.? [face_laugh]

Talk about a celebrity wedding. Everyone is there. :p

:_| Poor Jag!

I'll fill out that application for denail now.

=D=

2. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    That was so mean! [face_not_talking]

The first part of that post elicted all sorts of responses from me, which I could put here...

But I think that would merely be encouraging your Evil Author-ness and besides, I know how you love feed-back ! :p

So instead I will with hold my thoughts until I decide if you are teasing us or not! :_| [face_not_talking] :p

I'll bet you're REALLY scared now! :p

3. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    *considers ignoring this post and denying feedback*

*decides to join Red in song and denial*

Going to the chapel
    And we're gonna get married
    Going to the chapel of love

*Sidra preforms his newest trick and attempts to crow along*

4. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    *bursts out laughing*

*tries to stop* Okay, this really isn't funny. I don't know why I can't stop laughing, especially cuz my roommate keeps looking at me funny. That really is terribly sad and heartbreaking and all that (it is!), but...that ending...it's just so...y'all. We should have expected that; you both are sadistic. And it is sad...but it's also hilarious...Oh, you two...You're just too much. [face_laugh] :eek: :_| [face_devil]

Sidenote: Jacen seems to have a thing for the super-controlled stoic type. Interesting. First Tenel Ka, now Shawnkyr...Hmm...

No one told me college was going to be this stressful.
    Um, yeah. But it?s worth it! cool
    I keep forgetting people can't see my tongue sticking out through my cheek online. It's gotten me into some trouble before.

If that really is the end, then it's no use to ask if it's too soon to ask for more. *sighs* Oh, well. Great story, y'all. Even with the ending.

5. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    hahahaha that was a good joke!!!! you guys are so convincing.

So when's the REAL post?

**waits patiently for real post***

**still waiting......**

wait you weren't joking?!?!?!?!? EVIL AUTHORS!!!:mad: :mad: I knew it was too good to be true. I thought the witch was dead. She should die **again** I mean for real this time.

Would it be too much to ask for you to write a sequal where shes like not dead and just in a coma or she's passed out or soemthing?!?!?!?!!?

Now I'm onna be depressed again.

6. lurker2209

lurker2209 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    Ok...so I really have no idea what to say. I find my way back here after a crazy summer of vacation and computer difficulties (which really isn't interesting enough to tell) and read all of this and just don't know what to say. If this is just a great joke, then it's a really, really great joke! If it's supposed to be tragedy, then it seems just a tad melodramtic. Or maybe it's supposed to be a satire? The entire tone of it is just so different from Legacy or from the dark side ending of A Bumpier Road that I just have a hard time taking you seriously. I know you guys are capable of making me cry, but this really just makes me screw up my eyebrows and wonder if I'm supposed to laugh.

~Lurker

7. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Not real sure what I'm supposed to say they seem to be kinda particular about foul language here and that's all I've got right now. :confused:

8. joroqez312

joroqez312 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    I think it's a lie. After all, it was a rather abrupt ending without much detail... and no one likes abrupt endings... *hint* *hint*

Maybe?

Chrys

9. Rebel_Princess89

Rebel_Princess89 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    :) So I finally get back from my holiday and login and find this. [face_plain]

You're not serious are you? :confused: I mean, this is a joke, right? It has to be. [face_plain]

I bet you got the real happy ending hidden around somewhere. You can't end it like this.:_| :_| It's just too sad.

Or is there a sequel? [face_thinking]

You can sign me up right away for the DeNial Society.:_|

EDIT: I forgot to say that the last few posts were perfect. I really like the one where Han and Leia parents arrive. It was really funny. [face_laugh]

10. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    :eek: You wouldn't.... You can't.. :_|:_|

But I don't wanna go to Egypt.....:_|:_|

Is there another post? Please... [face_praying]
    --Wynssa

11. Morlich

Morlich Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2005
  12. bengaliwok

bengaliwok Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2004
    Wow, Just Wow............

13. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Um, yeah... Wolf, wolf!!! :p

Good one! But, been there, done that! [face_shame_on_you]

*keeps singing with Explosion Girl while waiting for the real post* [face_whistling]

Going to the chapel
    And we're gonna get married
    Going to the chapel of love

14. stickster

stickster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

oh no no no no no no.

Why did you do this? This is so terrible! Oh no!

...tell me this is a prank? Surely this is a prank!

...please write an alternate ending? :\ I love love this story, and this ending is incredibly meh :( After all those pages, to have this in the last half a page! Man, it's too much. ::waits for real post, with everybody else::

15. TheSheryl

TheSheryl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004
    You guys suck! You so suck! You are so evil! EVIL!! And evil for more than one reason. I hadn't finished reading Legacy yet! DARN YOU!!!!

16. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    That was a little abrupt and a bit of a twist. Seemed rather dreamlike so I was half expecting Jag to wake up drenched with sweat (providing RotS style opportunities for glistening manly chest), and decide that ?on reflection- the strangest part was the idea of Jacen almost kissing Shawnkyr.

Anybody got an Omega-13 device?

Now in order:

Enjoyed Jag?s thoughts about it feeling strange to not be in CEDF uniform and Shawnkyr reassuring him what he was waring suited him. Jacen and Shawnkyr teaming up on Jag to remind him of the realities of married life was fun, as was Jag denying this and then admitting they were right.

Surprised that Wedge was on the Bride-side of the cathedral rather than the Groom-side as however long he?s known Han he is Jag?s uncle and so family to the Groom.

Nice description of Jaina?s appearance. Good trick by her to bullseye two womp rats with one torpedo by using the Corellian music to honour her father and her fiancé.

Interesting that the wedding guests didn?t manage to react quicker (drawing weapons before Iliana opened fire rather than after), and none of the Jedi had a premonition of danger, which makes it seem even more like a Jag dream.

Good shooting from Iliana to hit an evading target with a pistol so precisely at such long range (though obviously the smaller the cathedral the less impressive the shot). Deciding to use the pistol, rather than something with more accuracy (like the sniper rifle Zam Wessel had) or a wider area of effect (like a rocket launcher) shows a great deal of confidence.

Liked how Jag?s attention was purely focussed on Jaina. Description of her wound was vivid without being detailed. A very touching death scene with Jaina slowly fading and Jag becoming more frantic.

17. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    No comment.

18. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    I think that was a perfect evaluation. He's having wedding jitters. Thats what it said at the last of the last chappie. I think a sequal is in order!!

And I'm joining the denial society

19. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    What Auntie said.

20. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    *gasp/choke/sputter/cough*

Here's my application in triplicate!!

*horrified weeping*

Great post, but Jumping Jiminy Crickets!! It hurts too much to talk about it right now.

21. crackjacks

crackjacks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2005
    MY GOD! THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A HAPPY POST! WTF?!

Arrrgggggg. well it was a great story any way /grumble, even though she died, grumble/
    Can't wait to see what you do next--kt

sniff she dead sniff
    :_|

22. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    :eek:

STOP IT!!!

I want happy endings!!!!

JediFarfy

23. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    *reads post*

*re-reads end of post*

*re-re-reads end of post*

*sobs* :_|

[Gollum]Nasssssty, evil authorses! How could they do thisss to ussssss?![/Gollum]

:_|

On, the other hand, what an ending! Certainly had me rivited the whole was through! :_|

~Myra

PS - And, in retrospect, I don't think I'll be reading Legacy any time soon. :p

*goes to read happy J/J to ease her pain*

24. SpikeLeadJF

SpikeLeadJF Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2003
    *gets ROTS Anakin expression on face* I HATE YOU!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :p Just kidding. I'm going to maintain that this is all a dream. Jag is hallucinating. Or some such fantasy. No authors in their right minds would ever, ever end a story like that. Then again.... it is TKL and Lex so.... :p Still, I am in denial. I refuse to believe. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME! Am I scaring you yet? lol. waiting for a new post that fixes this all up.....
    ~SpikeLead~

25. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    *raises eyebrows in a curious expression*

Hmmm...

Scrounges around her room for an appropriate present for Tkeira and Lex. Aha.

presents them with a calender

As you can see here (points to the date) today is August 31/September 1. You have missed April 1 by oh a few months.

Now I know stress has gone to your heads, and I understand when the pressure to satisfy us can get enormous, but really--resorting to destroying the ending of a perfectly legit story in such a haphazard amateur manner to elicit the above responses--tsk tsk...man guys I'm trying to come up with a perfectly perfect reprimand and all I can say is...

Laugh it up fuzzball....

*stops abruptly*

(in case you didn't figure it out i'm being saracastic) HOW COULD YOU! NOW THAT IS JUST CRUEL CRUEL CRUEL CRUEL CRUEL.

Stomps off....early teaser my left foot--it was all a ploy, a ploy!

Jade throws hands up in the air, turns and flashes a grin to the evil authors. Pulls out an invisble megaphone....

ATTTENTION: EVERYONE IN D'NILE STEP UP TO THE YELLOW LINE. (draws a yellow line in the sand) A 100 paces in front of us stand TKL and DL. In a moment I shall blow the whistle.

AND THEN I SAY WE TICKLE! TICKLE UNTIL THEY ADMIT THE PLOY! TICKLE I SAY TICKLE!

~~~~

We inturrupt this crazy response to say that jade51999 spent most of her day wandering outside in DC in the heat--she may have sunstroke and is currently trying to regain her senses by drinking more water.

~~~~

TICKLE!

Otherwise, nicely done. The Shawnkyr and Jacen bit was very cute....The ending..I hate to criticize, but we all know its helpful...needs more work, maybe not so abrupt, not so obviously fake--more subtlty may be useful.

*raises eybrows one more time*

Makes a Grand Exit.
    :)
    Well Played

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.