main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Courtship of Jagged Fel (a post-NJO collaboration): Complete, Author replies, Sept 16th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lex, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Stop, guys, stop! [face_talk_hand]

We all know the Dynamic Duo is rolling with laughter & glee from all our responses...

We've played right into their hands again! :rolleyes:

:p

2. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    So sue me, but I think the ending (or at least the ending of that post!) was really really excellent! =D=

And no, I don't hate Jag or Jaina, I just think it was really well written. [face_blush]

3. Sola_Halcyon

Sola_Halcyon Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    How does one correctly put fume pouring from one's ears into words that will never actually be spoken?

I had a really good day today, guys, the first in a long time, AND I'm telling Chimpo not to freak out and I come home to read this...

:mad: [face_frustrated] :mad: [face_frustrated] :mad: [face_frustrated] :mad: [face_frustrated] :mad: [face_frustrated]

Seriously. Tell me this is not the end of this story. This is some stress dream Jag's having, and the real post comes next week. Or there's some sequel in which Jaina actually manages to recover from a GAPING BLASTER HOLE IN HER CHEST.

Jag and Jaina get no love anywhere. Poor Jag and Jaina.

-Sola

*comes back for seconds after she's had an hour to cool off a bit*

Read jade51999's post above and realized I agreed with it, DC sunstroke notwithstanding :p . There's no way two authors of the caliber of these two can end a story a la "I Know What You Did Last Summer" and actually sign their names to it. You have to be messing with us. Ha, ha, funny. Not really, though. Where's the real post?

4. Aniakera

Aniakera Jedi Master star 1

Aug 20, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

*tells self* "Breathe in...breathe out...breathe in..."

For a minute there my heart just died on me. :_| TKL, Lex.... :_| I was going to be a good girl and not read the post until I finished my homework, but NO! I had to skip ahead!!! and read this :_| postie...

"How could you?" is on the tip of my tongue, ...but I survived reading Legacy, so obviously you very much could....

Okay. Calm down.

I'm sure the EVIL authors are just playing a cruel joke and don't mean anything by the word "Epilogue". Obviously there is going to be another chapter, where Jaina miraculously recovers, gets her lightsaber, lops Iliana's head off, and then Jaina and Jag get married, and they all live happily ever after!!!!

*cries* I hereby induct myself into the D'Nile society....

Obviously this is all a cruel joke.

RIGHT?!:mad:

Aniakera

EDIT: I just read the last part again... I think I'm going to cry now.. :_|

5. deryni

deryni Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2003
    :rolleyes: WTF? Now I'm sad.

6. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Oh. My. Gosh. I can't believe you two did that...that-that you would do something like this to us! Us you're faithful, loyal, readers, who love you! **loved you. j/k

All I have to say is: It's a nice day for a, white wedding. Heck yes.

Man seriously. I'm appalled. Jag will come back in Legacy's sequel though...Jag can't die. And I'm sure this is just some weird dream Jaina is having...she'll wake up in the next post...I-I know it to be so.

Either that or you could write a sequel about Jag going postal...that might be amusing. But I'd prefer my dream theory come true...

Hope ya'll are staying safe and not getting hella rained on by Katrina!
    -Lee Ann

7. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Fear not, my fellow J/J fans . . . I have discovered that, mysteriously, a section of the epilogue right before the words ?THE END? was lost. Luckily, I have managed to obtain a copy of the missing data. * intones solemnly: * Many Bothans have died for the information that you are about to receive . . .

[blockquote]
    Jag sat bolt upright, covered in sweat and mouth open in a soundless scream. His breath came in ragged gasps as he glanced wildly about the darkened room in attempt to gain his bearings.

?Illumination: full!? he commanded without fully considering the end result. Jag yelped in pain and slammed his eyes shut at the abrupt burst of light. Cursing softly, he then rectified his mistake. ?Illumination: twenty-five percent.?

Cautiously, he opened his eyes and glanced around the now dimly lit room. Realization dawned as his gaze fell upon the perfectly pressed jacket, shirt and pants hanging in the open closet.

It had just been a nightmare.

A horribly, frighteningly, realistic nightmare.

Jag cradled his head in his hands and exhaled slowly as his whole body trembled with relief. The sensation quickly passed and was replaced by a steely resolve as numerous new security details to check in the morning filled his head.

He rose from the bed and strode across the room to sit at a small desk, picking up the datapad containing his checklist of items to take care of that morning - the morning of his wedding to the woman that he loved more than anything.

Jag paused for a moment and shuddered as the image of Jaina?s lifeless body cradled in his arms flashed through his mind once again.

Gritting his teeth in determination, Jag switched on the datapad.

As long as he was able to draw breath, he vowed that the horrible vision would never become a reality.
    [/blockquote]
    [hr]

You know, you guys truly are [b]Evil Authors[/b] for having poor Jaggie have an awful nightmare like that right before his wedding! [face_cry] (And you?ll never convince me that it [i]wasn?t[/i] a nightmare. [face_not_talking] I?m floating down Da Nile in three threads now!)

All joking aside, this has been such an incredible story :D and I can?t believe we?re already at the end! [face_cry]

I?m looking forward to whatever evilness you two have in store for us poor readers ? together or seperately! [face_hugs] :) :D

[b]_JM_:[/b] [i] Seemed rather dreamlike so I was half expecting Jag to wake up drenched with sweat (providing RotS style opportunities for glistening manly chest)[/i]

I like the way you think! [face_hypnotized] [face_drooling]

8. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Scoundrel: You are amazing![face_laugh]

9. zettazofia

zettazofia Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    I have to confess, I like the ending Jags_Scoundrel wrote better than your ending.
    I think when I reread this, I'll just skip your epilogue and go right to hers.... ;)
    The rest of it was fantastic though. :)
    -Zetta

10. crackjacks

crackjacks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2005
    See now that ending is WAY better, not that yours wasn't good, just not what we wanted. Any way now that my shock is over HOW COULD YOU!:mad:

any way i like Jags_Scoundrel ending.---kt

11. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Bravo Jags_Scoundrel! =D=

12. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Yay, Scoundrel! :D =D= :cool:

That was perfect! You left out one small detail, though... but a veeeeery important one. ;)

You forgot to describe how Jag's naked torso was drenched in sweat when he woke up from that nightmare...

Just like Anakin...

[image=http://homepage.mac.com/terbob/blog/anakin.jpg]

13. Myria

Myria Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2004
    Wait a second... aren't you going to explain how Illiana suddenly returns? I think maybe you are trying to trick us here.

14. JediTristan

JediTristan Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    O what a stunt...

Hmmph. The good thing about fan fiction is that *poof* it is vaporized in the face of canon!

Goodbye terrible nightmare!

15. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    I won't change my mind even if it was a joke of century or whatever [face_plain]

I'm disappointed that this is not a happy post and that's it. I have to many sad moments now and I needed and wanted a happy post to cheer me up. But got a dead of a main character, thing in my situation very, very not wanted to be read. Maybe other time I would enjoyed it but not now.

Chimpo_the_sad

16. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Okay, all weeping and desparation aside, this was an awesome story with a disappointing (but shockingly good) ending. As for culminating an emotional reaction, BRAVO! I cried, my roommate looked at me funny again, almost broke a toe on my desk, the works. It was a very sad, ticked off, outraged emotion, but hey- you guys killed my favorite character, give me a break! Anyways, I'm just trying to say, even though you guys didn't give me exactly what I wanted, it was still really really really great (and awesome), and I sincerely appreciate your work! (And, I also now realize the full definition of the "stomach drop" feeling everyone's always talking about.)

Bravissima(o)

17. Blondie_JediKnight

Blondie_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    I agree! That was just soooooo sad!!! Jaina can't die at her wedding!!!!!! Thats just so [face_worried] :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|
    I'd like an application please!

18. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I was thinking of Jag having been captured again by Iliana and having visions induced in his mind so he had to relive Jaina dying over and over again, with The Joiner King also being a nightmare vision as in reality Jag and Jaina?s love had prevented her from being influenced so much by UnuThul (Jag having been free to go with her) and working together they had managed to defuse the situation quicker.

Jag would be seeing the nightmares over and over and struggling against believing them. Madness is beckoning as an escape from the visions. Then there is a longer than normal pause between the nightmares. Jag comes round to see Jaina rescuing him, pulling wires out of his head and IV drips from his veins.

Jag would be very emaciated and have a lot of trouble sorting the fantasies from real memories, as he?d have been imprisoned for months. He remembers Jaina dying, he remembers Jaina becoming a joiner and rejecting him for Zekk, and both seem true even if they are contradictory with each other and with his other memories (would be in his confusion that details of reality and details of his nightmares would be revealed).

So that would make the ?Epilogue? actually a Prologue for a new story where Jaina helps Jag regain his confidence and expunge the demons Iliana had been inducing in him and where they hunt down Iliana. Jag would be a liability in the hunt at first so there would be a possibility of Jaina losing her temper with him or becoming a fishwife (since she has so little tolerance for incompetence) but eventually he?d become an asset again.

Then they either kill Iliana or, since she has such pride in her looks, horribly scar her (grenade or flamethrower or suchlike) in trying to kill / arrest her and live happily ever after.

19. Sola_Halcyon

Sola_Halcyon Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    *points upwards on page indignantly*

See?! See what you did to Chimpo?!

Don't be sad, Chimpo! Go read something funny on the boards. *checks boards* Oh, wait.

Really, I'm right there with you. With the state of SW lately, I could have used something with a happy ending. I'd quote Stover again, but that didn't end well last time, so...

(Yeah, I'm still mad. And still waiting for an explanation.)

-Sola_the_mad

20. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Ok, I'm calm now! [face_hypnotized]

If, if that really is the ending ... and I'm putting nothing past our Evil Authors ... I will admit that it was brilliantly written and was the biggest curve ball I've gotten in a while. (Of course, that might be because they flat out lied to us! :p ) That doesn't mean it gave me warm fuzzies to read it, or that I would have chosen to end it that way, but I love to read well-crafted writing... so I know these guys will keep me coming back for more. =D=

Not to mention, even though they like to torment us, I think they like us. :p

21. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    See?! See what you did to Chimpo?!

Don't be sad, Chimpo! Go read something funny on the boards.

Nah it's not their fault that I'm not feeling too happy this week. It's that stupid DRL that is making me so sad :(

22. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    *hugs Chimpo

Okay Evil Authors you wanted a fuss and lots of attention and you got it. Now post the real ending! [face_shame_on_you] [face_money_eyes] :p

23. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    Holy ****!!!!!! What a way to end it all!!! :eek: :_| :eek: :_| :eek: :_|

24. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Reason why I don't think this is the real ending:

Title thread lists "Epilogue"; when TKL posted the Epilogue for Legacy to end the fic, she didn't write "Epilogue" she wrote "Complete". The Evil Duo didn't write "Complete" in the title thread so there has to be more coming.

And yes I do live in Egypt, thank you for asking.

25. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Wow.

I'm so in the DeNile club...and I'm totally agreeing with everyone else's reasonings for DeNying it... this just isn't a TKL/Lex style ending. They'd give us a long, drawn out heartbreaker instead of a short, surprise ending. There's no way this is the conclusion...

Sorry for lurking, my August/July was insane but rest assured I was faithfully following as much as I could... you two crack me up - will you give us the real ending now?

Don't turn this into Legacy, Commander !

;)

But no, seriously...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.