1. The Jedi Council Forum Rules have been revised.

View the revisions here, and see the Communications thread for more details.

Beyond The Courtship of Jagged Fel (a post-NJO collaboration): Complete, Author replies, Sept 16th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lex, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Master

star 4
    As I was sitting in my philosophy lecture, I realized that this was the teaser you posted last week. And then I felt really dumb. So, I'm still not giving a review here till I see another chapter (or a teaser):p . But now I'm not as sad.

[edit]: So, your not going to get a line by line recount of this evil prank. But despite the fact that it was pure EVIL, the writing was superb. You really had me going there for a little while. Lex, you are just too good at writing death scenes (I tear up every time I read the death scenes at the end of POF.
  2. Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Evil Authors do you have any friend writers in Marvel?

They just killed Gambit in one series and Rogue in another one... :eek:

Some luck :rolleyes:

I'm gonna go insane because of you :p

( finally some good news today, already feeling better :) )

Chimpo_not_so_sad_anymore
  3. stickster Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, er, I think I actually don't think that was the ending now. (Not just in denial. Or is this just a super extreme form of denial?)

Either way, you guys got us for sure. (And if that was the real ending, I like that sort of alternate one too, heh...)

This is a great story. Thanks for the ride.
  4. Sola_Halcyon Jedi Knight

Good to hear you got some good news, Chimpo. Glad things are looking a little better.

I had some ice cream (and my galley proofs are back for my journal article), so my day's looking a little better, too.

That doesn't excuse you, Evil Authors! [face_shame_on_you]

-Sola
  5. JediTristan Jedi Master

star 3
    Hmm...again, having read the "end" three times, I (for one) am not impressed by this turn of events(nor, actually, the prose. I felt it also a sharp turn). I don't come on here for soap operas, I come for original plots and a freer zone to experiment with a universe.

So here's hoping this is a joke...
  6. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    LMAO!! I don't care if that's the real ending or not - you two are EVIL! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I know it's supposed to be a sad post, but I couldn't help cracking up. That was a great twist. :D

Though I'm a little suspicious at the Jacen/Shawnkyr bit. That made me wonder if you two really were writing a Chandrila Surprise prequel. [face_mischief] After all, where's Tahiri in all of this? [face_laugh] :p

And just a reminder to everyone - while the ending, real or not, may not be what you expected, it's what the authors felt was appropriate for their story. So let's not go attacking their muses, okay? ;)

edit: Spelled Shawnkyr wrong. Oops! Also, while reading this story, I thought it was a prequel, so I knew the Jacen/Shawnkyr thing wasn't going to happen. But if it's not a prequel...come on, you both know you want to! :D
  7. _JM_ Jedi Master

star 4
    We only discuss reactions and suggest possibilities because we care. If we didn't think it was a wonderful story then we wouldn't.

No criticism of their muses is intended I'm sure, if this is how they want to end the story then so be it. Certainly a better ending than NJO had.
  8. jade51999 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hehe yup--the two of them have brilliant muses, so if this is really the ending..so be it...as someone said above, nice curve ball--but i still maintain d'nile
  9. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    :_|

[face_thinking]

:mad:

[face_sick]

8-}

[face_not_talking]

What everyone else said.

oldj
  10. joroqez312 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Has anyone noticed that our beloved authors have yet to respond in any way, shape, or form to any of our (admittedly) crazed responses? Let's read in to that...

Chrys
  11. goddess45 Jedi Master

star 4
    You know every day i come back to read what everyone's written in response to this story....it's very interesting/funny. I have noticed that too!! (another eason I keep soming back here) I want to hear what they have to say for themselves.
    but like _JM_ said - We only discuss reactions and suggest possibilities because we care. If we didn't think it was a wonderful story then we wouldn't.

I agree completly (I noticed I've agreed with _JM_ twice in this story!!)

I'm still in D'Nile tho!!

** Note to TKL and Lex**-Reply to us soon!!
  12. flowerbee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Why you... you... you... that was...! Tricksy authors. [face_talk_hand]

*sniffles* I was really not expecting that. I am so naive. :p

:_|

You wrote it very well, though.

Here's hoping there's more... but wonderful work if there isn't. I'lll just go buy myself a sailboat. Egypt, here I come! :p
  13. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I understand - I'm definitely not saying discussion isn't allowed. :) "Attacking muses" was just a figure of speech. Mostly what I meant was that while you certainly don't have to like the ending, just take care when you voice that displeasure. Though, I personally like all the theories here. After all, there must be some reason for this last post, and I'm sure we all really want to know what that is. :p I say Shirtless Jag! =P~

Or Jacen. I'm not picky. [face_mischief]
  14. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Chimpo: They just killed Gambit in one series and Rogue in another one...

:eek:

I haven't read comics since the 5th grade, but I loved those two :( That sucks. Thanks for ruining my night, Chimpo [face_not_talking]
  15. ChissGoddess Force Ghost

star 3
    I have also noticed their absence from replying to our comments...i mean it's the "last post" and we've already amassed like 3 pages of replies...You'd think they'd be living it up eh? I smell trickery! Those two are sneaky that way.
  16. Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey what about me? I'm still reading those comics :_| Thankfully those are the smaller series not those main one but it doesn't allow them to kill them anyway :(
  17. jade51999 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Shirtless Jag or Jacen sounds good to me too
  18. jaynasolofel Jedi Knight

star 3
    TLK & Lex,

PERFECT ENDING!! =D=

I loved it and hope you do not change a word, well maybe just one...

"Chak" *shutters*

JaYna

19. Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You know every day i come back to read what everyone's written in response to this story....it's very interesting/funny. I have noticed that too!! (another eason I keep soming back here) I want to hear what they have to say for themselves.

Me, too! I just keep thinking, if I'm enjoying this this much, how much more are the Evil Authors enjoying it? I know that they're sitting at home reading everything we say and cackling wildly/laughing diabolically (either one). I can't wait till they make an appearance.

I love this. [face_devil]

Oh, and I am picky. I prefer shirtless Jacen. But that's just me. :p

Just thought this needed an up.
  20. Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Cut that out!!!!

And cut that out!!!!

Don't encourage them!!! Or we might never have a happy moment [face_worried]

*cough* make some good missing scenes and you have me on your side *cough*
  21. Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sorry. ;) I won't encourage them anymore.

And yes, missing scenes are always good... [face_praying]
  22. JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Master

star 4
    They don't need any encouragement. They would be evil even if they didn't get any.

And I'm still not convinced this story is over, so I don't need missing scenes yet. TKL's always telling me to have faith so I'm going to take her up on that advice.
  23. goddess45 Jedi Master

star 4
    Me either!! I think there is still more. I will take her up on that advice too!! They have a way of being super tricky!! [face_mischief]

hopefully thats only part one of the epilouge?!?!?!

Shirtless Jacen or Jag would be just fine for me! I have no preference! [face_devil]
  24. Shinar Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope they are only toying with us and they haven't been affected by Katrina somehow [face_worried]
  25. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Shinar : I was wondering the same thing... [face_plain]

I sincerely doubt anyone who's going through that mess is getting online here right now, but if you are...
    Well, know you all are in my thoughts & prayers and I hope that things become better as quickly as possible! [:D] [face_coffee] [:D]
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.