main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Courtship of Jagged Fel (a post-NJO collaboration): Complete, Author replies, Sept 16th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lex, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    As I was sitting in my philosophy lecture, I realized that this was the teaser you posted last week. And then I felt really dumb. So, I'm still not giving a review here till I see another chapter (or a teaser):p . But now I'm not as sad.

[edit]: So, your not going to get a line by line recount of this evil prank. But despite the fact that it was pure EVIL, the writing was superb. You really had me going there for a little while. Lex, you are just too good at writing death scenes (I tear up every time I read the death scenes at the end of POF.

2. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Evil Authors do you have any friend writers in Marvel?

They just killed Gambit in one series and Rogue in another one... :eek:

Some luck :rolleyes:

I'm gonna go insane because of you :p

( finally some good news today, already feeling better :) )

Chimpo_not_so_sad_anymore

3. stickster

stickster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    Yeah, er, I think I actually don't think that was the ending now. (Not just in denial. Or is this just a super extreme form of denial?)

Either way, you guys got us for sure. (And if that was the real ending, I like that sort of alternate one too, heh...)

This is a great story. Thanks for the ride.

4. Sola_Halcyon

Sola_Halcyon Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    Good to hear you got some good news, Chimpo. Glad things are looking a little better.

I had some ice cream (and my galley proofs are back for my journal article), so my day's looking a little better, too.

That doesn't excuse you, Evil Authors! [face_shame_on_you]

-Sola

5. JediTristan

JediTristan Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Hmm...again, having read the "end" three times, I (for one) am not impressed by this turn of events(nor, actually, the prose. I felt it also a sharp turn). I don't come on here for soap operas, I come for original plots and a freer zone to experiment with a universe.

So here's hoping this is a joke...

6. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    LMAO!! I don't care if that's the real ending or not - you two are EVIL! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I know it's supposed to be a sad post, but I couldn't help cracking up. That was a great twist. :D

Though I'm a little suspicious at the Jacen/Shawnkyr bit. That made me wonder if you two really were writing a Chandrila Surprise prequel. [face_mischief] After all, where's Tahiri in all of this? [face_laugh] :p

And just a reminder to everyone - while the ending, real or not, may not be what you expected, it's what the authors felt was appropriate for their story. So let's not go attacking their muses, okay? ;)

edit: Spelled Shawnkyr wrong. Oops! Also, while reading this story, I thought it was a prequel, so I knew the Jacen/Shawnkyr thing wasn't going to happen. But if it's not a prequel...come on, you both know you want to! :D

7. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    We only discuss reactions and suggest possibilities because we care. If we didn't think it was a wonderful story then we wouldn't.

No criticism of their muses is intended I'm sure, if this is how they want to end the story then so be it. Certainly a better ending than NJO had.

8. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Hehe yup--the two of them have brilliant muses, so if this is really the ending..so be it...as someone said above, nice curve ball--but i still maintain d'nile

9. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    :_|

[face_thinking]

:mad:

[face_sick]

8-}

[face_not_talking]

What everyone else said.

oldj

10. joroqez312

joroqez312 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    Has anyone noticed that our beloved authors have yet to respond in any way, shape, or form to any of our (admittedly) crazed responses? Let's read in to that...

Chrys

11. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    You know every day i come back to read what everyone's written in response to this story....it's very interesting/funny. I have noticed that too!! (another eason I keep soming back here) I want to hear what they have to say for themselves.
    but like _JM_ said - We only discuss reactions and suggest possibilities because we care. If we didn't think it was a wonderful story then we wouldn't.

I agree completly (I noticed I've agreed with _JM_ twice in this story!!)

I'm still in D'Nile tho!!

** Note to TKL and Lex**-Reply to us soon!!

12. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Why you... you... you... that was...! Tricksy authors. [face_talk_hand]

*sniffles* I was really not expecting that. I am so naive. :p

:_|

You wrote it very well, though.

Here's hoping there's more... but wonderful work if there isn't. I'lll just go buy myself a sailboat. Egypt, here I come! :p

13. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I understand - I'm definitely not saying discussion isn't allowed. :) "Attacking muses" was just a figure of speech. Mostly what I meant was that while you certainly don't have to like the ending, just take care when you voice that displeasure. Though, I personally like all the theories here. After all, there must be some reason for this last post, and I'm sure we all really want to know what that is. :p I say Shirtless Jag! =P~

Or Jacen. I'm not picky. [face_mischief]

14. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Chimpo: They just killed Gambit in one series and Rogue in another one...

:eek:

I haven't read comics since the 5th grade, but I loved those two :( That sucks. Thanks for ruining my night, Chimpo [face_not_talking]

15. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    I have also noticed their absence from replying to our comments...i mean it's the "last post" and we've already amassed like 3 pages of replies...You'd think they'd be living it up eh? I smell trickery! Those two are sneaky that way.

16. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Hey what about me? I'm still reading those comics :_| Thankfully those are the smaller series not those main one but it doesn't allow them to kill them anyway :(

17. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Shirtless Jag or Jacen sounds good to me too

18. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    TLK & Lex,

PERFECT ENDING!! =D=

I loved it and hope you do not change a word, well maybe just one...

"Chak" *shutters*

JaYna

19. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    You know every day i come back to read what everyone's written in response to this story....it's very interesting/funny. I have noticed that too!! (another eason I keep soming back here) I want to hear what they have to say for themselves.

Me, too! I just keep thinking, if I'm enjoying this this much, how much more are the Evil Authors enjoying it? I know that they're sitting at home reading everything we say and cackling wildly/laughing diabolically (either one). I can't wait till they make an appearance.

I love this. [face_devil]

Oh, and I am picky. I prefer shirtless Jacen. But that's just me. :p

Just thought this needed an up.

20. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Cut that out!!!!

And cut that out!!!!

Don't encourage them!!! Or we might never have a happy moment [face_worried]

*cough* make some good missing scenes and you have me on your side *cough*

21. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Sorry. ;) I won't encourage them anymore.

And yes, missing scenes are always good... [face_praying]

22. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    They don't need any encouragement. They would be evil even if they didn't get any.

And I'm still not convinced this story is over, so I don't need missing scenes yet. TKL's always telling me to have faith so I'm going to take her up on that advice.

23. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    Me either!! I think there is still more. I will take her up on that advice too!! They have a way of being super tricky!! [face_mischief]

hopefully thats only part one of the epilouge?!?!?!

Shirtless Jacen or Jag would be just fine for me! I have no preference! [face_devil]

24. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    I hope they are only toying with us and they haven't been affected by Katrina somehow [face_worried]

25. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Shinar : I was wondering the same thing... [face_plain]

I sincerely doubt anyone who's going through that mess is getting online here right now, but if you are...
    Well, know you all are in my thoughts & prayers and I hope that things become better as quickly as possible! [:D] [face_coffee] [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.