main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Courtship of Jagged Fel (a post-NJO collaboration): Complete, Author replies, Sept 16th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lex, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
  2. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    2002!

:p

EDIT:

That's more like it :D Finally some good, happy and funny stuff :D [face_dancing]

3. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    You know, I don't think I would have enjoyed this epilogue half so much without the other one. This one made me laugh, too, but I don't feel bad about that (Jaina slapping Yoda! I love it). I loved the interaction between Jaina and the people of her heritage; despite the fact that Yoda and Obi-Wan aren't technically related to the Skywalkers, they are just as much family as anyone else. I love how all of the prequel characters helped Jaina overcome her own doubts--doubts more about herself, obviously, than Jag, which is understandable.

Lovely way to end this one; it's been a fun ride. Thanks for it. :) :D

4. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    2004!

I knew if I held out... I just knew it. Phew.
    Although I would never had admited it if it turned out that was the real thing.

Not that she didn?t want to be those things; but there was something disconcerting about the fact that for the rest of eternity her fate would be inexorably tied to her husband?s.
    I think this is a very real issue Jaina would deal with before ever getting "tied down". Although her fate has been tied to the entire Skywalker/Solo clan in one way or another all this time, she's always been able to convince herself she was on her own.

Yoda really did say that.? Jaina snorted trying to catch her breath, and both women laughed even harder. ?I? I always thought Uncle Luke made it up.?
    I wonder how many things Luke made up while teaching the Jedi, insisting Yoda said it. Or perhaps Luke's still a bit naive to do that. Its a funny thought, nonetheless.

?Oh, I think we?ve already risked far greater and come out the better for it.?
    Oh so true.

I'll add more later.

later: Thanks for this story, TKL & Lex . Its been a real fun read and now I'll have a hole in my Wednesday area. :) :(

5. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Aww yaaaaay! For once, DeNile was right! (does this mean denial can still be right with Legacy?? ;) ) (* a la Ben Stiller in Dodgeball* No, but seriously.)

In that moment, being kissed feverishly, she was beautiful simply because she was a woman in love and loved in return. [face_love] [face_love] Awwwwww...awwwww... *dissolves into mushy puddle of goo*

Fantastic ending! Jaina arguing with herself in a mirror at first had me worried, I was waiting for Jag to walk in and be like..."Honey...??" lol! Fantastic though - what a wonderful story this has turned out to be! I [face_love] it! Hats off to both of you, thank you for such a wonderful time! (as if I expected any different)

~Squishy

6. Morlich

Morlich Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2005
    I still liked the unexpected twist in the 1st ending.

7. crackjacks

crackjacks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2005
    THAT WAS GREAT!

Wednesdays will be sad now that?s there?s no post.

Evil trick:mad: But I have to admit you really got us.:p

I loved how you got Yoda, Obi-wan, Anakin and Padmein there.

Any way loved it.?kt

8. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    ?I get the picture.? Jaina inhaled sharply. ?I?ll stop being an idiot.? She sniffled, then pulled at her wayward hair. ?But what am I going to do about this??

?Unfortunately, not even the Force can help me guide you through that journey,? Obi-Wan noted wryly.

[face_laugh] Dead on portrayal of Obi-Wan's droll sense of humor.

Loved this ending. It was both funny and sad with Obi-Wan talking about loving Anakin even when he was in Sith form, and Anakin teasing poor Jaina. I even enjoyed the lame romantic dialogue from ROTS in this setting. :p Thanks for a wonderful ride guys and for helping to introduce me to some wonderful EU characters. I look forward to whatever you both have in store next.

Bravo! =D= @};-

9. SpikeLeadJF

SpikeLeadJF Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2003
    In response to your earlier statement, yes I am pretty stubborn. And... I was right [face_mischief] Beautiful Post. I loved it. It was a perfect ending. Not at all like the monstrosity you created before. :p I loved that you made Jainas hair so frizzy. I can relate to that. I have really thick, half curly, half wavy hair that can be very unmanagable at times. I liked the end, with Jainas hair being all perfect and stuff. That was really nice. Anyway, I have some biology homework to do. [face_sick] so I'd better go. Once again, Wonderful post!
    ~SpikeLead~
    P.S. I was right! I was right! I was right! Na na na na na naaaah! :p

10. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Okay, before I say anything else, I to respond to this:

TheCrazyRodian: You told me that Jacen/Shawnkyr would NEVER happen. You promised me. That's why I know it all has to be an illusion.
    reply to my comment: If you say so.

on November the 17th, 2004: TheCrazyRodian: Any chance of a Jacen/ChissBabe 'ship happening?

and the reply?
    No.

I rest my case. Besides, you posted the real epilogue, so I don't have to prove that the other was fake.

So, anyways, on to the post. Since I skipped replying to like fifty posts, I'm gonna skip a lot of what I'd say for this, too, and save it for a better, fuller reply. But I have to say this, because no one else has really mentioned it:

Smug alien laughter filled the room. ?Do or do not ??

?There is no try,? the two women said in unison, then immediately broke into a fit of giggling.

?Yoda really did say that.? Jaina snorted trying to catch her breath, and both women laughed even harder. ?I? I always thought Uncle Luke made it up.?

?Yoda said it, all right, more times than my poor Ani cared to hear.? Padmé leaned over and whispered in Jaina?s ear, ?Personally, I think it?s a bit of an arrogant taunt. More like can and can not.?

HAH! "Can and can not"--possibly the most brilliant response to Yoda's teachings I've ever heard. It's SO true. Just because Yoda was awesome doesn't mean everyone else is.

And with that, I will end. That and a round of applause.=D=

11. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    I have to admit that I like this ending better than the other one. :p

?Don?t you see? Love is blind to all that. I loved Anakin even as his eyes glowed yellow with hate, as he turned upon the woman of his dreams, as he tried to strike me down. I couldn?t stop loving him as he lay in pieces at my feet, his flesh burning, his head encircled by a crown of singed hair. I still loved him. That will never change for me, or for you, Jaina. You will always love Jag.?

That literally had me sobbing. :_|

Oh, and Anakin showing up "unarmed" and "unlegged" was really funny! I loved the interaction between him and Obi-Wan. It was so sweet and funny.

That really was a great ending. *heads off to re-read Chandrilla Surprise*

Great work, evil duo with a not-so-evil ending. :D

~Myra

12. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    I'm glad to see that everything worked out for Jaina. I guess Jag's patience really paid off:)

13. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW you wouldn't end a story like that!

DeNile served me well this once!! I loved it!!. Great ending to a great story!!=D=

14. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Just a little over one year ago, you posted the first chapter of this story. This was my response:

As you are well aware, my replies these days are no where near as short-but it's really because you've drawn me in so well. Made me really feel for the characters. The writing in this story has been so exquisite (as would be expected of the two of you) that I could sometimes literally see events happening, or hear words coming out of the characters' mouths. I have had so much fun following this story for the past year, I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do without it being posted every Wednesday (it's probably a good thing though, reading fanfic distracts me from reading textbooks). Now what am I supposed to think about during my philosophy class?:p

I will miss rushing home from class on Wednesdays to see if there is a post. And I thought it only fitting-given my first response in this thread-that this should be the last one.

Fabulous Ending.

15. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    I can't wait for Chandrila Surprise...

With an ending as entertaining as that, it just made my day.

~JMJ

EDIT: Just read Chandrila Surprise and loved it too!

16. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Eeee guys I don't how to tell you this but check Lex bio for a link to Chandrila Suprise ;)

17. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    :) :D :) :D :) [face_love] [face_love]

Much better! (Not that there was anything wrong with showing poor Jag's nightmare ;) . . . but you know we were looking for the mushiful payoff at the end.)

I thought it was hysterical how Jaina was so caught up in arguing with her reflection that it didn't occur to her that she was arguing with her reflection. [face_laugh]

So, the Force had to pull out the big guns to finally get Jaina past those last niggling little doubts. Perfectly written! =D=

All of the gushing I did at the end of my last reply still holds true. (And I'm just a bit embarassed that I actually thought you guys would really end it there. [face_blush])

Looking forward to the missing scenes! :D

18. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Only time to say =D= ! Hopefull back for more later!

19. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Noooooooo! What happened to Jacen/Shawnkyr? Now that is evil! :( [face_laugh]

But there were other things to enjoy. Like Anakin! =P~ :*

It was so adorable how Jag said he loved her hair. And because he meant it, not in that "I don't want to get in trouble" sense. Though now I'm really jealous of whatever magic properties worked their wonders on her hair.

I think Jaina was well within her rights to slap the arrogant muppet. :p But my favorite bit was between Anakin and Jaina. Very sweet. [face_love]

20. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Pfft! Meany heads. :p

I have really enjoyed this story. It was the perfect blend of romance, action and humor... I laughed, I cried... I screamed in outrage.... :p We are very lucky to have such talented authors to share their brainstorms with us.

I would quote from the post... but I fear not being able to get back into this window if I try. Just had to be my favorite site that the computer decided that it didn't like...

It was beautiful... perfect... marvelous... 'awww' inducing... all that cliched stuff. :p

Now! When are you two going to start working for Lucasfilm? :p

Thank you so much for writing this. It has been a pleasure.

21. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    much better! mucha Gracias!

22. Jaina-S-Fel

Jaina-S-Fel Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2005
    My faith in the both of you is RESTORED!!! I'm so happy--I was going to have to find a new religion besides worshiping your genius haha. So, I've read the link on Lex's bio for Chandrila Suprise--please tell me that is not all! I love it and I need more! Keep writing!

23. Aniakera

Aniakera Jedi Master star 1

Aug 20, 2005
    YES!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I love it!!!

So in one of our zany brainstorming sessions Lex and I jointly decided to play a little prank on our readers, and put up a false ending. EVIL!!!!! But at least we readers were gratified for having faith in Denile... as we will with Legacy too...right?!

OK... here goes the long series of cut-and-pastes... and I apologize ahead of time for the absurd length of this post. I basically wanted to cut and paste the whole post and put it here...

?Uhuh,? the two-dimensional Jaina scolded, wagging a finger. ?Not nice calling yourself names.? Too funny!

?So who are you? My inner demon come to life?? [face_laugh] POOR YODA! he gets that with all the Skywalkers, eh? Reminds me of Luke!

Tall and handsome, he resembled what Jaina always had imagined the Jedi of old would have looked like. [face_love] That's my Obi!

The regal man turned back to her, a mischievous sparkle in his blue eyes. ?Yes, Master. Didn?t your Uncle Luke ever teach you that appearances can be deceiving? Hehe, I like the reference to Dagobah... [face_mischief]

"Oh, no. Please tell me I did not slap Yoda.? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Hilarious! Not many people have the distinction of being able to say that...

?You never married, so what can you know about love, or choices. Maybe I want to dedicate my life to the Jedi like you.?

For a heartbeat Obi-Wan flinched as if he had been struck, but then the hurt surprise was gone, replaced by a mask of serenity.
    :( Poor Obi!!! Bad girl Jaina, be nice!

That same brow arched again, challenging her. She unfolded her arms with a flourish. ?Okay. Okay. I?m listening.? :D Hahaha!! Poor Obi, having to put up with Anakin and now Jaina! I love how similar they are.

In a flash he had snatched her shoulders, his eyes ablaze. ?Don?t you see? Love is blind to all that. I loved Anakin even as his eyes glowed yellow with hate, as he turned upon the woman of his dreams, as he tried to strike me down. I couldn?t stop loving him as he lay in pieces at my feet, his flesh burning, his head encircled by a crown of singed hair. I still loved him. That will never change for me, or for you, Jaina. You will always love Jag.?
    [face_love] I love this part!!! So poignant. :_|

Wiping a tear away, she asked, ?Am I truly that much like him? Grandfather, I mean.?

?In many ways.?

?Oh.?
    [face_laugh] I love that part! Jaina should know better than to ask questions she doesn't want the answer to!

?I?ve got her beat in that department, don?t you think?? The voice was not Obi-Wan?s cultured, serious clip, but a playful, happy-go-lucky lilt.

Now accustomed to the ever-changing cast of visitors, Jaina turned to greet her new advisor with a smile ?

?Yeeeooww!? she shrieked, jumping off the settee and fumbling for her lightsaber. When her weapon proved elusive, Jaina resorted to pointing a finger at the abomination. No legs. No arms. Durasteel prosthetics in their place. Seared and hairless, the monster was something of childhood horror stories. ?Stay right there!? she ordered, then called to the vanished apparition of Obi-Wan Kenobi, ?I told you this was a nightmare.?
    [face_laugh] He couldn't have showed up in a normal guise, could he? LOL. I love the first line, "I've got her beat in that department, don't you think?" So funny.

?Anakin?? Jaina breathed.

?Who else do you know missing four limbs and charred to a crisp, Jaina??
    [face_laugh] So funny! It's so great that Jaina can meet all of the major Jedi of the old Order right before her wedding... if that doesn't get you ready, nothing will! :p

The important thing I?ve learned is to make peace with one?s self. :) At least Anakin made peace with himself in the Force... I was kind of sad the movies and books didn't go more into that at all.

Jaina acquiesced reluctantly and spun in her seat with her back to her grandmother. ?I?l

24. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Wow as much as I loved the other ending I am a bigger fan of happy endings and so I love this epilogue even more. :D

Im looking forward to Chandrila Suprise!

[:D] Thanks for a great story guys

25. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Hah! I thought it was over, that?s why I hadn?t replied. I didn?t know there was another post. J/K ? You guys never fooled me for a moment. Typically evil to the end. :p

Perfect ending to a great story. =D=

Jaina arguing with herself in the mirror was hilarious, but also touching. Good to know even Jedi brides get jittery and have pre-wedding doubts.

?Ow!? Jaina drew back and smacked away the prodding hand. The chair toppled beneath her, yet somehow she caught herself before smacking the ground right along with it. Still in her undergarments, with her frazzled locks now a certifiable mess hanging in her eyes, Jaina scrambled to her feet. ?Now look here. I don?t know who you? Oh.?

That?s just wrong! [face_laugh] Did no one ever tell Master Yoda in all of his almost nine hundred years of existence that you do not walk in on a young woman in her undergarments? o_O [face_shame_on_you] :p Not only that, he also brings in a friend: :eek:

?Hello there,? he said with a simmering smile.
    [face_batting] *giggles* :p

And there?s more!

?Yeeeooww!? she shrieked, jumping off the settee and fumbling for her lightsaber. When her weapon proved elusive, Jaina resorted to pointing a finger at the abomination. No legs. No arms. Durasteel prosthetics in their place. Seared and hairless, the monster was something of childhood horror stories. ?Stay right there!? she ordered, then called to the vanished apparition of Obi-Wan Kenobi, ?I told you this was a nightmare.?

[face_laugh] This was starting to remind me of a David Lynch production. ;) [face_laugh] Too funny! :D

[edit: How could I have forgotten to mention my favorite part? :eek: The words of wisdom from Grandma Padme and the tie-in to RotS was inspired, I loved it! Good to know Padme has gotten better with a hairbrush. [face_mischief] ]

All kidding aside, this was a really great post to end the series and I think the prank just enhanced my enjoyment of it. :D BTW, the prank post was also very well written. ;)

It was a lot of fun reading and following this fic. I will always remember Iliana as my my favorite character to hate. :p She truly is one of the best fleshed out OCs I?ve ever read on these boards. =D=

Congratulations once again to both of you, and thank you for sharing this wonderful story. [face_love]

@};- @};- @};- @};- @};-

@};- @};- @};- @};- @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.