main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Covenant and the Vong

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Veng_Commando, Jan 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Anyone who's played Halo or read Halo: The Fall of Reach will notice that they have organic looking everything. They are destroying the Halo Galaxy because "You're destruction is the will of the Gods- and we are their intrements[sp?]" Much like the Vong. I'll probably be shot down on this idea, but it sounds about right. Vong and Covenant are either the same, or from the same galaxy.

2. Ebonn101

Ebonn101 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2002
    I really doubt it. I doubt that Lucas would authorize two SF galaxies to merge. I mean, we cant expect the Starship Enterprise to show up in the GFFA anytime soon, can we?

3. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

The work and planning on Halo started as far back as 1995-1996, IIRC, so I don't really see a connection.

4. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I hope THAT never happens 101!!!!

It wouldn't be aloud and itwould wreck the EU and it would prove that the EU is not Canon.

5. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    I don't really think the Vong and the Covenant are from the same galaxy.But,they do share similarities:
    They both have hard to destroy ships.
    They both learned about their opponents before they attacked.
    They also can be defeated by a certain kind of opponent.In SW the Jedi,in Halo the Spartans.

6. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "I mean, we cant expect the Starship Enterprise to show up in the GFFA anytime soon, can we?"

It may have happened in the TPM(put into the coruscant skies by the fx team), but sturm has mentioned that that might be a hoax. He still hasn't found an article that disproves yet. I'm still waiting.

I know I've seen something that looks like the enterprise-E in the sky myself.

7. Trekkie101

Trekkie101 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2001
    two 101s in the same thread, wow!

8. jaeger

jaeger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2001
    "It wouldn't be aloud and itwould wreck the EU and it would prove that the EU is not Canon."

EU isn't cannaon. EU is EU and cannon is cannon.

9. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    ok... I just wanted to know if maybe the organic similarities may be seen through the eyes of the greatest Lit boarders... All I got was Valiento and a bunch of other guys... ah well. Probably. And Valiento's cool mind you.

10. tmihah

tmihah Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    The Covenant can't be the Vong. The Vong are Cobra'la and already know about Earth.

11. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    what're coblara?

12. tmihah

tmihah Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Cobra'la was a bad idea created in the early 90's for GIJOE the movie. In it, Cobra'la is revealed to be an ancient civilization that relied primarily on biotechnology, but was mostly wiped out by the ice age. This species bank rolled Cobra Commander and, after getting tired of watching their point man get his butt kicked year after year, attempted to take matters in their own hands.

Warriors had insect like crab armor, spore like weapons, organic vessels, and hated man's technology. Seems like a rip to me

13. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

I think the reason why they chose a race that possessed advanced bio-tech, (and it really isn't all that ****hot), was necessity.

If they had chosen advanced mechanical technology, the only real practical means to defeating them is to match their tech, which just isn't Star Wars. With advanced technology, one also has to make allowances for the simple fact that the race that invented it also uses it, so their intellects are commeasurately higher, on average, than anyone their fighting. Also with the Vong, their tech most certainly is not better, rather just different, and it can be overcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.