main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

JCC The Creative JCer Crafty Club

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediYvette, Sep 30, 2006.

1. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Aww thanks!! And okay, maybe someday I'll need it. ;) :D

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrely Community Mod star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Good, but if you ever make another I would love to buy one from you. I may have grandchildren someday. :p

3. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Like I would ever make you pay. :p

I can work on it after my next project if you really wanted one. :)

4. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Yvette - the hat is adorable! Did you crochet or knit it? If crochet, that's a pattern I need to get.

Here is my current tatting project:
    [​IMG]

Needs wing number 2, tails tucked, and a name. I am so excited with how it is turning out! I'll try to remember to take a size comparison shot when it is done. The little dragon fits on my open hand.

5. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    AWWWW!!!! That is cute!!! I love dragons. [face_love]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Made these for an upcoming convention. It was my first attempt so all things considering, they came out pretty well! I think I will trim my bows though. :)

EDIT: Wow those pictures came out big. Lemme fix!

s65horsey and Earwen_Lightrider like this.
  6. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Those are adorable! Nice job!

7. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    MOAR SHOOZ!

I couldn't get Marvel fabric in time so I used comic book pages. It was way harder since it had no 'give.' But I am still happy with them. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A close up to see the Avengers mini covers. :D

tom likes this.
  8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrely Community Mod star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oooooh, I really like those!

9. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Thank you!

I do apologize for the giant pics. I tried and tried and couldn't get them smaller!

10. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Oh man I might need to figure out how to make shoes like that. I've always wanted a pair of Star Wars shoes.

I am currently making a quilt, ran into a snag but my mom is coming to visit so she's going to help me. Once I have the top all stitched together I'll take a pic of it and then one when it has the back on it and design quilted into it. My first ever attempt at sewing (even bought a machine just for this!) Its been a huge learning experience but I think it is going to look decent when it is done.

11. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Wow, that's really creative. You are very talented, Yvette.

And I would also buy a Yoda baby hat if you ever make more. I may one day need it :p

12. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I'd like to know how to make those gorgeous shoes, too!

Lovely projects, all!

13. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Thank you! It is just comic book pages, Mod Podge and a lot of patience. Fabric is much easier but I can't get the licensed geeky stuff here so I had to settle for the comics.

14. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Even MOAR SHOOZ

It was my first attempt at little kid shoes. THey are much more difficult (I had no idea~!) because I was working with such a little area. But I think they are adorable. :)

[​IMG]

They aren't for me, FYI. ;) :p

And I love these. They are also not for me but I think I need to make a pair for myself too. :D

[​IMG]

15. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Aww, they are so cute, Yvette!

16. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Both pairs look fantastic! Nice job Yvette!

17. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Healer_Leona likes this.
  18. Erwin

Erwin Jedi Master star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    Cool stuff, Yvette. I actually still have this ewok somewhere, which you once sent me as the mod xmas-gift exchange. :)

19. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Serious?? That makes me SOOOO happy~! :D

I should make him a friend!

20. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Oh sweet idea Yvette :)

Yeah I seem to have the same issue. Beads, knitting, crocheting, cross stitch and swedish weaving

there is a sweater knit a long group starting up in October. Should be interesting ;)

I figured out how many balls I'll need total for the project. I'm looking at just over a hundred for the amount I need. Which isn't too bad, helps that they have 220 yards per ball. That helps :)

It's a cable bonnie sweater. Really nice looking :)

21. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    OoOoOh!! Post 'in progress' pics! :D

22. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've been doing a lot of tatting. The first photo is T.A.S.C. [Tatting and Sewing Clank] - a prop for my Agatha Heterodyne costume (Girl Genius Comic character). The rest are a few of the things I've tatted in the last few months. Sorry about the giant size of the photos! I'll re-size the others before I post them.

23. Li-Ah

Li-Ah Jedi Knight

Jan 2, 2006
    A friend of mine went through a bad stretch the past 2 years, and since I crochet and knit asked me to make him some Star Wars Christmas ornaments last year at the end of November. Since there are few patterns (and no free ones I thought looked good), I told him to give me a year, and I'd make him some. He specifically requested the Falcon and an X-wing, which I designed from scratch. I modified a free basic doll pattern to make the people and custom designed all their clothes--Leia's hair and dress, Han's vest and belt/holster, etc. I designed R2D2 from scratch, as I did Yoda who is dressed in TESB style, not EP I, II, or III style. I only had really dark green yarn in sport weight, so he's darker than I would like, but I love how his ears came out. After I designed and made an Enterprise ornament for another friend's birthday gift, he asked for one too, but I thought it looked too lonely, so I designed a Borg ship and a Klingon Bird Of Prey to keep it company. He sent me pics of them on his tree, and I LOL'd when I saw them--the Klingon ship is nearly cloaked it blends in so well, and I bet non-fans will be asking why there's a great big square on the tree, and I love the spread of good guys arrayed below the Falcon, Death Star, and X-wing. I kept my notes, so I could probably make them again...so maybe I'll make a set for myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Healer_Leona likes this.
  24. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Those look awesome. Please let me know if you ever write the patterns down to share or sell.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

25. Li-Ah

Li-Ah Jedi Knight

Jan 2, 2006
    Thanks! I used a basic crochet doll pattern that I modified the clothing on to make all the people. Leia's dress was made with a separate skirt I sewn to the body, and her hair buns are the first two rounds of the head made separately and sewed down and lightly stuffed before being sewn shut, I did some long embroidery stitches in black for Luke's belt pouches and made a separate lightsaber in silver that I had to sew to his leg to get it to stay down, and Lando has a basic cape. Han took the most time of the people, as I made his vest separately in #10 black thread, and I also separately created his holster, belt, and buckle in addition to using surface crochet for his Corellian blood stripes on his pants legs. I made the pouch for Chewie from a rectangle folded in half, and then threaded white yarn through the handle on both sides to make it into his pouch and bandolier, and when he was done, I brushed him with a wire brush to make him fuzzy. All the humans and Yoda were made with DK/sport weight yarn, while Chewie, the Falcon, X-wing, and Death Star were made with worsted.