The Creche - Masters and Padawans available for every era! Take a look!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Creche_Master, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. DCWiz00 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Patience young one, a Master will find you. I would, but I am a Beyonder and don't venture into the Saga or Before the Saga much, so I would wait for someone from that era to grab you up.
  2. Zonoma Jedi Master

star 4
    Very interesting, C_D, I have an idea or two but don't want to share until I shoot of some PMs... and there may be more questions this evening as everyone gets home from work.
  3. Card_Dreamer Jedi Knight

star 3
    No problem, I'm up for almost anything. Keep it coming =)
  4. Tiffanty1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    yes u are right. I just want to find a master so i can finish writing my story.

Tiffanty
  5. Creche_Master Jedi Knight

star 1
    Tiffanty, I have linked you story to your name on the lists. Thank you for the heads up.
  6. Card_Dreamer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Tiffanty1,

My advice, for what it's worth =P, finish the story no matter what. Then, when a Master opens up, he can help with the overall package. It's a lot easier to do revision work than to go back to something the long it sits.

Personal experience talking =)
  7. DCWiz00 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I agree with C_D. Finish the story and have someone help you with editing and revising it.
  8. Tiffanty1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for the advice. It is a big help. I will do what you guys suggested.
  9. ShadowofLures Force Ghost

star 3
    very true. ;)

[face_laugh] it might! [face_laugh]

[face_mischief] are you scared easily?

[face_skull] [face_pumpkin] ]-} [face_devil] [face_clown]

:p if so, stay away from me 'round October. :D

not at all. very bold. =D=

[face_thinking] experience is good. :)

good luck, Card_Dreamer! May the Force be with you! [face_hug]

-SoL @};-
  10. merijune Jedi Knight

star 1
    can someone adopt me? i like to write in the saga...perhaps more with my oc, marina, from "hidden away".
  11. Zonoma Jedi Master

star 4
    merijune,

We would love to know more about you! On the first page of this thread, you will find a form to fill out. Please complete it and post it here. It's just simple stuff to help us get to know you better. In fact, here it is:

NAME:

LOOKING FOR: (please indicate Master or Padawan)

ERA:

FAVE CHARACTERS:

STRENGTHS:

WEAKNESS:

I LOVE TO WRITE:

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE:

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: (number of current Padawans for all Masters!)

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING (if onsite sample is available):

The first page is also a great place to learn more about this "program" that we have of Masters and Padawans. Good luck, and I hope to see more about you posted in here soon!

Zonoma
  12. Tiffanty1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    hey z thanks for every thing. you've been a big help.
    Tiffanty
    oh same to every one who helped me.
  13. Zonoma Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey! That's what I'm here for.[face_mischief] Now if I could just find you a proper Master....[face_thinking]
  14. DCWiz00 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Zonoma's great, if it weren't for her we wouldn't have this great thread...and her icon is cool too...hint* hint* :p

And this is to all future Padawans: don't worry if you haven't been picked yet, the Masters take great care and thought into who they take so that their skills will best serve you...if you haven't been picked yet its not because you are doing something wrong, it's because we are trying to make sure that you are matched up with the best person for you...otherwise I would have a Padawan army to rival Zonoma's. ;)
  15. Card_Dreamer Jedi Knight

star 3
    SoL: Thanks for the welcome and words of encouragement. No, I'm not scared easily...but I rather you not try all the same ;P
  16. Vongchild Force Ghost

star 5
    Zee'll find you someone.

And I don't mind your response about the Yuuzhan Vong. A lot of what I do is try to find the more "human" side of the species. But I have to fanon a lot of it.
  17. Card_Dreamer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Vongchild: I understand what you mean about finding the "human" side of species. I think the vong have it, just needs to come out more. We glimpsed it in TJK.

General Announcement: Just so everyonek nows, ZaraValinor have been very gracious enough to accept me as their padawan learner! *wipes tear* I'm so happy... =)
  18. Zonoma Jedi Master

star 4
    Congratulations!!!!

Hey, this must work[face_thinking]... I'll have the new "feature padawan" up tomorrow.
  19. Creche_Master Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Padawan and Master lists have been updated. Remember, they are located on the first page.
  20. Jedi_Freyja Jedi Knight

star 1
    NAME: Jedi_Freyja

LOOKING FOR: Master

ERA: Saga mostly

FAVE CHARACTERS: Obi-Wan, Padme, Anakin/Vader, Luke, Han, Yoda, pretty much anyone except Palpatine, he's a scum bag.

STRENGTHS: Drama, Humor, Sarcasm

WEAKNESS: Action Sequences (fighting and such)

I LOVE TO WRITE: Anything saga, humor, and drama

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: Slash, anything sexual, or profane.

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: I'm a senior taking basically the hardest classes I can. I'm involved in sports (x-country, basketball, track), band/jazz band, and other, short term things. So I'm rather busy. :) I love being busy. I also like to organize things.

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING (if onsite sample is available): Here's a few that I wrote a long time ago under another name. My writing may be very different now, but it's the best I have as I haven't posted anything yet under my current name.
    The Missing Padawans
    A Second Chance
    In My Father's Shadow

21. ShadowofLures Force Ghost

star 3
    *up*

happy Winter Solistice! [face_dancing]

-SoL
  22. Vongchild Force Ghost

star 5
    OMG - it's the winter solstice! *dances*

As far as the human side goes, I think I got it best in When My Mother was a Yuuzhan Vong (Yay for interspecies!)

Any potential 'prentices out there who like interspecies?
  23. Zonoma Jedi Master

star 4
    I think, when pairing up with one another, what you like to write is not as important as what you can learn from each other.

I often recommend pairings that seem odd because one may have an action oriented style, while the other has a better grasp on how to weave descriptions in. This way the master and student are BOTH master and student.

My first Padawan wrote only in Saga and Before, I write only in far Beyond. She writes evil Luke and Palpatine, I right hero stuff with the Solo twins and redemption stories. Being together taught us a lot about where we were lacking. I will probably still never tackle evil Luke and ole Papa Palpie, but I am better for experiencing it and wouldn't have it any other way.

If I had been TOO picky about eras and stuff, I might have missed out on ladylaurel18!
  24. Vongchild Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't actually care about era. I just feel like I'd have more to give to a padawan with at least some interest in the Yuuzhan Vong, the only place I stand out from other writers on the forum. And I need an appy no older than 18.
  25. Card_Dreamer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Zonoma: It does work! The thing that worked (at least, for me to get her attention) was the excerpt. Seeing a piece of a padawan potential seems to be a great way for a Master to see what they have to deal with before committment. If gives them the truth of what the padawan can do rather than through trial and error (if that makes sense). So, great idea!

Vongchild: Vong and human...breeding? Wow, and I thought I was headstrong with a vong wanting to help restore coruscant to atone for his species' deeds. Wow =P I def need to read that fic...
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.