main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Creche - Masters and Padawans available for every era! Take a look!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Creche_Master, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Announcing that I'm taking DarthJishyWishy as my Padawan. :D

2. DarthJishyWishy

DarthJishyWishy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2007
    ah finally i found a master.
    ;)

<begins planning the day he will become more powerful than his master. get MORE readers, become MORE popular! Muhahahahaha!!!!>

<Notices that his master is looking>

ERP...
    [face_blush]
    hehe
    :)

3. Darth_Manion

Darth_Manion Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 5, 2007
    Yay! Hopefully, this apprenticeship will not end in limb-chopping or lava-burning.:D

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    [face_skull] [face_devil]

Er... I mean...

[:D] [face_love]

5. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005

Congrats, Josh and The Musical Jedi :)

6. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    I know that I have been on the Master's list before...but maybe I was taken off of it. Anywho, this is just to let anyone know that I'm willing to take on a Padawan. :)

7. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
    i'd love to be adopted :)

NAME:Jen

LOOKING FOR:Master

ERA: The Saga

FAVE CHARACTERS: Obi-Wan Kenobi

STRENGTHS: Chatting? Writing

WEAKNESS: Math

I LOVE TO WRITE: Stuff all about love

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: Death

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: I dunno, I love to write about love

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING: The Secret life of Obi-Wan Kenobi

8. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Welcome StarWarsFreak444(Jen)! I don;t think the link to your story worked on your story.

Sounds like you enjoy writing romance. If you want to throw me a link to that story, I'll take a look.

9. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
    oh oospie [face_blush]

here it is :)

http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=25570765&brd=10476&replies=2

10. Ewok-Kenobi

Ewok-Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2006
    Hey! im not on the padawans list! that sucks... no wonder i havnt got a master.. lol

11. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    The Master/Padawan list doesn't appear to have been edited since 12/2006, so you might want to glance through the thread to see who're available as Masters and Padawans.

EDIT: Only took me 10 minutes to figure out why my grammatical error looked funny. :oops: And thanks Alley! :D

12. Ewok-Kenobi

Ewok-Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2006
    ahh... i better get looking!

13. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    NAME: C1-J2

LOOKING FOR: Master

ERA: All, though mainly Before and Saga.

FAVE CHARACTERS: Siri, Mara, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Cerasi, Carth, Revan, Anakin (both), Jaina, Jacen, Zekk . . . way too many too list.

STRENGTHS: I generally try to make certain that I edit as I write, I like to write, and will do whatever necessary to improve. I hate identifying strengths! I feel . . . arrogant, and I can never think of any.

WEAKNESS: I'm horrible at finishing stories! Part of the way through I grow bored and workon another one. All I really need for that is someone to give me a good kick in the pants occasionally.

I LOVE TO WRITE: Introspections, although I really want to write longer stories as well.

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: I'm game for anything all though I'll forever be horrid at horror, and I'm not great at humor either.

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: I'm a tech at my high school and a tennis player. I've been writing for forever and a day. I love KOTOR, don't write it much though.

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING: Familiarity Cures All Things (Beyond), Shattered Light (Before), and Unforgivable (Saga).

Thanks for reading!

Take Care,
    C1-J2

14. DarthJishyWishy

DarthJishyWishy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2007
    dang, looks like no one manages this thread anymore.
    I think it's time to start a new one.

15. Persephone_Kore

Persephone_Kore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2006
    Not necessary... Creche_Master is one of the function-socks, a username created so that if someone needs to pass over guardianship of a thread it can be done more smoothly. Plus, Zonoma hasn't abandoned the forums -- I expect she's just been busy.

16. starpwner1211

starpwner1211 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2007
    NAME: Star Pwner, Pwner of n00bs

ERA: All eras

FAVE CHARACTERS: Solo twins, Yoda, Malak, Solo, Chewie, Almost everybody.

STRENGTHS: Can write good, can make awesome OC's, can make twists.

WEAKNESS: Inability to add detail, makes typos, also makes Prequel esque dialogue. I never add romance, EVER. I've also failed writing stories and making updates

I LOVE TO WRITE: Crossovers, AUs, and Ultimate Crossovers

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: The only thing I hate is love stories

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: I pwned n00bs millions of times, Like writing, Playing Halo 2, Beating games on my NES. Pwnage

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING Ummm..., forgot link. Just look on my posts and find A Jedi and a Fugitive. that's all I write. EVER. Nothing is completed. I failed.

From

Pwner

17. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    NAME: yodas_waiter or more commonly, YW

ERA: Any, but mostly Saga with some Before

FAVE CHARACTERS: Obi-Wan, Yoda, Palpatine

STRENGTHS: Plots, planning and spelling

WEAKNESS: Descriptions. Emotional descriptions usually come off as pretty forced and descriptions of characters looks are usually not included at all, since I can't find a good place to put them. I'm a bit better at descriping enviroments, but I could polish up on that skill too.

I LOVE TO WRITE: Anything with a bit of suspense, a bit of humour, a bit of love. A very mixed bag.

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: Humour. Not because I don't like humour, I just think it takes a very special person to get down humour on paper and I'm not that kind of person.

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: Maybe this is a good place to come clean. I'm a shameless Gonzo fanficcer. Most of my stories revolve around OC's and I haven't got that many stories planned for canon characters. I'm hoping for a career as a writer of books or scripts and I think that SW fanfic-verse is a good place to brush up essential story-telling skills like characters, plots, adventures. Basically, I'm trying to build something using someone elses tools

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING: I've been here since December and I've managed to write 4 stories thus far. 3 of those are vigs:

Interrupted Celebration My ambitious project and the fic where you'll see my weaknesses most clearly. It's quite long (91 pages on Word) and it's almost nearing completion with one chapter left. I recommend that you take a look at it

Doc For the Simple Soldier challenge

The Emperors New Command For the Missing Scene challenge. Up to this point, my only attempt with canon characters. I recommend that you take a look at it

Neighbours Co-Winner of the Essential OC challenge for April.

18. Shouri

Shouri Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2007
    NAME: I go by Shouri.

LOOKING FOR: A Master. While I?m not new to the boards, it?d be nice to know someone who can help in editing my work, expanding my writing into other genres and eras, lend me confidence when I?m down or deep within dreaded writer?s block, give me ideas, and make me a better writer overall.

ERA: I write mostly Before and Beyond the Saga pieces.

FAVORITE CHARACTERS: I?m big on original characters though I don?t mind throwing in a canon character or two. My favorite canon characters have to be Revan, the Exile, and the rest of the crazy crew of the Ebon Hawk.

STRENGTHS: Probably grammar and spelling. I?m pretty adept in describing people, places, and objects as well.

WEAKNESSES: I have a lot of trouble writing romance. Also, I seem to have a problem where I can?t finish a story after getting through several chapters. No more ideas seem to pop in my head.

I LOVE TO WRITE: Stories centered upon original characters.

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: Nothing. I can?t stop writing!

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: I?m a musician so I have an affinity for the artistic side. I?m sixteen but I?m pretty mature. And, of course, I love Star Wars. But, who on these boards, doesn?t?

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING
    : In Repair. It?s a diary. I don?t usually write diaries but I decided to go against the norm this time ?round.

19. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    I have taken C1-J2 on as my Padawan

20. Rau_Fang

Rau_Fang Jedi Master star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    I'm back, looking for a master again... my first apprenticeship did not work out mainly because she was never there and I dont think she was very interested in writing. She has also been going through DRL. I sent her a Pm but she has not been on in a long while. I'm going to miss her.

However, I really need a new master for a full length story I hope to start soon. Someone who can help me with making it all I want it to be. So here it is again:

NAME: Rau_Fang

LOOKING FOR: Master Please!

ERA: Saga is the only way to go! Well... I might do some Beyond Saga.

FAVE CHARACTERS: Han Solo, Talon Karrde, Wedge Antilles

STRENGTHS: Descriptive scenes, I would like to think that my action sequences are decent

WEAKNESS: Keeping the reader interested, character motivation, my Dialogue can be weak at times

I LOVE TO WRITE: Yes, otherwise I wouldn't be here... I am an OC Fool, that is pretty much what I do. I love to write action and adventure although I would like to put a little more meaning into my story. I want my story to mean something to somebody, or look at events in a different way. For example I like to focus on the darker side of rebellions.

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: Not really into Anakin Skywalker (or Anakin Solo for that matter) I rather dislike the Vong.

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: I've been on and off the site for about two years, and I've been writing even longer than that for RP's on avidgamers and stuff. I have a lot of free time now that I'm in college. I once I refused getting a master... but I want one now to critique my writing and teach me to be a good writer.

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING (if onsite sample is available): I have three vigs:

An Imperial Function - This is an example of what I will be getting more into in my full length story.

Layla - This is my attempt to work outside of my comfort zone... a little bit of romance.

The Spice Heist - This was fun to write.

21. Creche_Master

Creche_Master Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2005
    *Zonoma appears in a dim room, barely visible in against the red stone that tiles the vast floor before her and the darkness beyond, and ignites her teal blade. Suddenly awash in the bright glow, she calls out.*

?Musical Jedi, come forward.?

As a young woman with intelligent eyes approaches the venerable Creche Master, the silence is once again broken by Zonoma.

?In every generation there come those precious few who are called to guide our younglings, the future of our Order, faithfully through the turbulent years of their infancy. We have recognized this in you, The Musical Jedi and would see you fulfill your calling, your duty, in all diligence and joy. Kneel.?

Wide-eyed but strangely confident, the young woman kneels before Zonoma and does not flinch as the teal blade passes near her ears.

?Rise and accept these, the keys to the Creche. We have but a single admonishment for you as you take this burden on:

Remember, no one cares about how much you know until they know how much you care.

Take care to remain approachable and above reproach, you are now on display as an example to all younglings of acceptable Board Behavior.?

Zonoma extinguishes her blade and bows formally to the new Creche_Master before stepping out of the pale light.

[b]Creche_Master[/b] may now be reached at the sock, or via [b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=237342]The Musical Jedi[/link][/b]! [/color]

[color=darkred]A special note from [b]Zonoma[/b]:

Though I will stay on in an advisory role, [b]TMJ[/b] is now the official Creche_Master. In the last year, you have all made this Creche an incredible success without my guidance. I applaud you all most heartily! Remember, my PM box is always open for questions, comments, and smart remarks.

[b]Zonoma[/b][face_wink][/color]

22. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Congratulations The_Musical_Jedi!

=D= =D=

Best of luck managing the creche!

23. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Congratulations, TMJ!! [:D]

24. Persephone_Kore