main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Creche - Masters and Padawans available for every era! Take a look!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Creche_Master, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Welcome, New Creche_Master! Hmmm, I did have a couple padawans, but they kinda wandered off...

2. Creche_Master

Creche_Master Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2005
    Thanks to everyone for the very warm welcome, as well as the offers for advice and help if I need it! [:D] Also, many thanks to Zonoma for her williness to stay on as an advisor to me as I figure all this out. :p

I would ask that, to make my life easier in updating the Padawan and Master lists, if you're still actively hunting one or the other, please drop either this name or TMJ a PM. It doesn't have to be long or include your profile; just something so that I know who's still around and looking.

Thanks again! :)

-TMJ

3. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Congrats TMJ! =D=

4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    NAME: Dooku-Darklighter

LOOKING FOR: (please indicate Master or Padawan) Master, that's willing to help a non-SW writer

ERA: I like all Eras, but don't write fanfic.

FAVE CHARACTERS: Biggs Darklighter, Streen, Talon, Gilad, Obi-Wan, Count Dooku, Luke, Ikrit, Anakin Solo

Least Fave Characters: Anakin Skwalker, Lobot (I really dislike A/P romance)[face_sick]

STRENGTHS: Detail and relationship interactions

WEAKNESS: grammar, flow

I LOVE TO WRITE: Relationship-based fanstasy with aliens!

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: Slash, Smut

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: I have a cat: Shooting Star, I own 33 SW books including 8 reference guides, I've been writing over a decade, and I love wolves!

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING: None on site, but PM me if interested.

Thank you for your time, Masters. @};-

Dooku

I now have a Master! Thanks to: BrentusofGath :D.

5. qui-gon_and_tahl

qui-gon_and_tahl Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2007
    Name: qui-gon_and_tahl

Looking for: a master

Era: Before the saga

Fave characters: Tahl and Qui-Gon

Strengths: Romance, humor, angst

Weakness: Battles

I love to write: Romance, Jedi Apprentice

I refuse to write: battle scenes, Obidala

Random and fun info about me: I used to think that Star Wars was just about fighting and lightsabers, then I started reading the books and BOOM! I'm proud to say that I LOVE STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to a sample of my writing:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.aspx?topic=26903036&brd=10475

6. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Yes, I have taken Dooku-Darklighter to be my padawan learner. Hopefully I can encourage her to share her gift by writing some fanfic. ;)

7. qui-gon_and_tahl

qui-gon_and_tahl Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2007
    just to let the masters know, i'm VERY new, so please excuse my slowness.

8. Creche_Master

Dec 13, 2005
    I've updated the lists, and congrats to Dooku-Darklighter and BrentusofGath! =D=

9. Sionnach-Airgid

Sionnach-Airgid Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2005
    NAME: Sionnach-Airgid

LOOKING FOR: Padawan

ERA: Saga, Before the Saga

FAVE CHARACTERS: Obi-Wan Kenobi! [face_love] I also like Yoda and Mace

STRENGTHS: I've always hated analyzing my own strengths, but I guess they would be - description, dialogue, plot, grammar, Prequel (Eps I-III), drama, angst. Also, I'm very patient and will only offer constructive criticism.[face_peace]

WEAKNESS: Spelling, although I can find it in other people's works easily. Beyond (I simply don't know much about it and don't really have an interest in it). I am sometimes a wee bit long-winded.[face_blush] Filling out surveys . . . :D

I LOVE TO WRITE: Obi-Wan stories, epics, drama, angst, AU and some OCs

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: Hmmm . . . not sure. I'm willing to try just about anything that sparks my curiousity or creativity, however I shall not write slash, excessive violence or foul language. I just don't see the neccessisty.

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: Currently I have no padawans, but, as I am approaching the beginning of my third year on the boards, I feel that it's time for me to offer my assistance to a writer who is serious about their work (meaning that they want to improve their writing skills).:) I have a BA in English, so I can be a stickler for some grammatical elements :p and also hold a BA in Art, my specialty being Celtic Design and Pen & Ink. In addition, I am working on a rather in depth fantasy saga with extensive background information. :-B I'm also a martial artist studying Aikido.

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING: The link in my signature will take you to the Prolific Fanfic Writers' thread where there are links to all of my stories here on the board along with summaries. That way you may choose which ones you would like to sample.:D

Um . . . I think that's all I had to put. Have I missed anything? :confused: Questions? Just PM me, I guess.:cool:

EDIT: Although I don't fancy Beyond myself, I don't mind if I have a padawan who does. I'm an avid reader and, like I said above, I would genuinely like to assist anyone looking to improve their writing.[:D]

Yodas_Waiter, I might be able to take you on if you're still looking for a master. Will be sending you a PM to check . . . :)

EDIT #2: I'm adopting yodas_waiter as my padawan learner![:D] [face_dancing]

10. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    *sniffles* My padawan is growing up. ;)

11. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    *Waves* Hi, Master! Is that Palpy, as your avatar? Writing fanfic...not likely. I'm pretty observant, but don't like messing with others' characters. I'd like to read a story with Biggs and Dooku in which, neither dies. Or maybe a Dooku Redemption Story! However, I don't think I could keep them in character. We know so little about them :(

Have a good night, Master and thanks for the congrats, Creche Master. [:D]

12. CHEVALIER_RYU

CHEVALIER_RYU Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    NAME: CHEVALIER_RYU

LOOKING FOR: a master

ERA: Saga

FAVE CHARACTERS: Anakin, Luke and Leia

STRENGTHS: details, I'm very good at coming up with whole new culture complete with architecture and laws. and with playing with concepts.

WEAKNESS: actually putting my stories on paper and not leaving them floating somewhere in my head. spelling.

I LOVE TO WRITE : Any stories where Anakin develope any kind of healty relationship with Luke and/or Leia.

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: romance, when it's the only plot. just not my thing.

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME:
    I'm french and still surprised to be almost fluent in another language. I make more spelling errors when I write in french than when I write in english ( Kinda discourage my poor frensh teacher). I love drawing manga style. I'm tinkering with at least too original stories at any given time, but I haven't put them on paper either.

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING: I don't have anything posted on the internet but I have starteda story and if you ask I can send you what I have.

13. Sionnach-Airgid

Jul 20, 2005
    [face_blush] Awww! Thanks, Master! And I've got great news for you! You're going to be a Grandmaster! :D

Note to all:
    I am officially adopting the talented yodas_waiter as my very first padawan and am looking forward to assisting him on his journey to knighthood in the realm of SW Fanfiction. :cool:

Cuts lock of hair and carefully plaits it into the beginning of a padawan braid and procures an official padawan cloak. Okay, yodas_waiter, I officially take you as my Padawan Learner![:D]

14. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Wow, ceremonial and all ;) Thanks for taking me on and I'm looking forward to what this apprenticeship will bring, Master [face_dancing] [:D]

15. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    Well my master doesn't really have the time for me, she is very busy, so if it is okay with the Creche Master I am going to put myself back up for adoption. If I get the okay I will put my application back up.

16. Creche_Master

Dec 13, 2005
    That's fine by me! :)

17. Sionnach-Airgid

Jul 20, 2005
    Nothing but the best for my padawan! [face_peace]

It is my honor and I foresee great thing for your future here!

Wanders off to check out padawan's latest post . . .

18. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I have accepted qui-gon_and_tahl as my padawan. :)

19. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Welcome The Musical Jedi! We're excited to have you. :)

20. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    NAME: Cody

LOOKING FOR: Master

ERA: Saga mostly, but I can write any era. It just depends on how far I chase a bunny

FAVE CHARACTERS: OC's, Anakin, Darth Maul.

STRENGTHS: Hmmmm Let me think...Charecter development, well thought through plots and stories.

WEAKNESS: Sporadical posting habits, and gramatical issues.

I LOVE TO WRITE: Bad guys, and the guys in the grey area. they are so much fun.

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: There is nothing I won't write. If I get a bite from those peskey little bunnies I run with it.

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: I like long walks on the beach...Oh wait :p
    I am a Sergeant in the United States Army, I am a field Artillery man. I am currently deployed in Kuwait for Operation Iraqi Freedom on a security mission, which would explain my sporadical posting habits. Anything else you want to know just ask.

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING I have all of my more recent writing, which is the better ones, didn't say good, linked in my profile. My Storm Trooper fic is in my sig.

21. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Edited

Move to August 5, 2007 for my Master Profile!:D

22. nate_the_great

nate_the_great Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    Name: nate_the_great

Looking for: Master

Era: Mostly Saga

Fave Characters: Clones! Clones! Clones! Han, Chewbacca, Fetts.

Strengths: Not editing while I write. Just getting the words down on paper and then editing the work.

Weaknesses:
    I find that my dialogue and descriptions can be a bit flat and boring.

I love to write:
    Clones, saber duels, space battles.

No way I will ever write: Things that go against my beliefs and morals.

Random facts and fun information about me: I like to work with Photoshop and with sound recordings. I like writing. (duh :D) I wrote in NaNoWriMo in November and I am proud to say I finished on time with 56k. :D

Link to a sample of my writing: Just Good Business, Never Without a Weapon, Muja Delievery! (down toward the bottom of the page), Broken Chains.

23. Creche_Master

Dec 13, 2005
    Thanks, Jaya! I'm very excited and honored to be named the Creche Master. :)

And congrats to ardavenport and qui-gon_and_tahl!

There are still names on the list, which have been updated... Everyone should go take a look. :D

24. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    NAME: Mrjop2
    LOOKING FOR: Master
    ERA:Beyond the Saga
    FAVE CHARACTERS: OC's including Jacina Skywalker and Gideon Mars, Mara Jade, Luke Skywalker

STRENGTHS: Creativity, research, character creation and development, story development

WEAKNESS: Grammer, repeating verbs, and point-of-view scenes, attracting readers

I LOVE TO WRITE: Longer fictions, tragic scenes, battle scenes

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: Can't think of anything right now.

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: I am working on my first novel for publication, but returned to finish a trilogy of Star Wars stories meant to be my vision for Episodes VII - IX.

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING

Episode VII:
    http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=26888363&brd=10477

Comfort and Consolation
    http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=26913319&brd=10477

A Vision of the Future
    http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/26905667/p1/?6

All I have are Memories
    http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/26926588/p1/?0

25. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    NAME: Jturtle

LOOKING FOR: Padawan

ERA: Before, Saga

FAVE CHARACTERS: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Xanatos, Anakin, Luke, Mara

STRENGTHS: description, angst, vignettes, character introspection

WEAKNESS: romance, ideas

I LOVE TO WRITE: angst, new things

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: never say never

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: After being here just over a year, I think I'm ready to take on a Padawan of my own. I love to swim, skate, etc. Just having fun.

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING (if onsite sample is available): Almost everything can be found here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.