main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Creche - Masters and Padawans available for every era! Take a look!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Creche_Master, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DancerPadme

DancerPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2007
    NAME: DancerPadme but I go by Giada around here

LOOKING FOR: Master, obviously :)

ERA: The Saga and Beyond the Saga

FAVE CHARACTERS: Mara Jade and Han Solo

STRENGTHS: Writing descriptive imagery and emotionial pieces with a slight humor

WEAKNESS: Staying on track. And Darth Run on Sentence

I LOVE TO WRITE: Romance and angst, with some humor

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: Something in Before the Saga, I have trouble writing the OJO

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: I've broken my tailbone. I also dyed my hair red for the love of my favorite character.

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING (if onsite sample is available): I'm afraid I only have stuff on my computer, but I'll be glad to give someone a sample.

2. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Note to Crèche Master: I noticed that I'm not on the Master?s list. My resume is on page 89. Please put me on the Master?s List :)

3. Creche_Master

Creche_Master Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2005
    Sorry about that, Alley! I have you added on the list now. :)

Thus making the lists updated. Let me know if I've missed anyone else.

4. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    All right, I'll throw myself back on the list again. :) Welcome to all of the newbies!

NAME: Jaya Solo

LOOKING FOR: Padawan

ERA: Um... I mostly write Saga and Beyond. I actually wrote one story in Before so I'm very proud of myself for brancing out. ;)

FAVE CHARACTERS: In no particular order... Wes Janson!, Siri, Obi-Wan, Padmé, Anakin, Tahiri, Luke, Leia...

STRENGTHS: Humor, Dialog, Drama/Angst, Mush

WEAKNESS: Action

I LOVE TO WRITE: Fun, lighthearted stuff. I tend to write stories that are AU, and they're usually funny. Most of the time I write shorter things, but I've branched out into epics.

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: Nope, not tempting the plot bunnies by saying I'll never write something.

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: I've trained a bunch of padawans, run the Fan Fic Orientation Guide, and am in seminary. Oh, and now I'm a new youth director. Basically, I don't really have any time to be here, but it's what I do for fun. :) And also, most of my padawans have been crazy, but the good kind, so... well, you'll just be welcomed into a big, crazy family if you pick me. ;)

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING: Geez... there are so many... so I'll put down some of my sillier or shorter things (one from each era):
    Mental Note: Next Time, Act First, Think Later. This one is a slightly mushy, Siriwan in the before time period.
    Palpatine's Blog. Um... I think it's self explanitory.
    Solo's Anatomy. It's a ?cross-over? with Jaina talking like Meredith from Grey's Anatomy.

5. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    I would like to announce that I have taken CodyMonKenobi as my Padawan Learner :)

6. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    Woohoo, I have a Master. Thank you so much Alley for taking your time to train me.

7. Creche_Master

Dec 13, 2005
    Congratulations to Alley_Skywalker and CodyMonKenobi!!! [:D]

And I believe the lists are updated. I just realized I never put Cody on the list. [face_blush] Many apologies. Please let me know if I've missed someone.

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm pleased to announce that DancerPadme has been kind enough to accept me as her Master! :D

9. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005

*hits self on forehead*

Ah! I forgot to mention the lists! Don't take me off yet, ok? Just in case :)

10. Creche_Master

Dec 13, 2005
    This is all rather complicated. [face_plain] But I think I have it sorted out. :D

Congrats to MamaV and DancerPadme! [:D]

11. SandDigger

SandDigger Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2007
    NAME: SandDigger

LOOKING FOR: Master

ERA: All eras

FAVE CHARACTERS: Asajj Ventress and Obi-Wan

STRENGTHS: I can write in all genres, maybe.

WEAKNESS: Keep focused on one story arc at a time.

I LOVE TO WRITE: angst

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: song fics.

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: Just started today.

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING (if onsite sample is available): none at the moment, sorry.

12. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    I said that once a couple of years back and then I let SarkaVrea talk me into one. I couldn't even listen to the radio without a plot bunny biting me after that. I urge you to try one. You and I have simalar taste so when ever you get your first fic posted feel free to send me a pm.

13. Ewok-Kenobi

Ewok-Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2006
    im not on the padawans list!
    my application is on page 88!
    cheers
    ewok out.

14. Creche_Master

Dec 13, 2005
    Lists are updated. :)

15. Ewok-Kenobi

Aug 11, 2006
    G__anakin has taken me as his padawan!
    just thought id get in there first, master :p

16. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    As he said, I've taken Ewok-Kenobi as my padawan!

I would like to remain on the Masters list please!

G__anakin has taken me as his padawan!

And Ewok, my name is G__Anakin not G__anakin[face_shame_on_you] It's a capital 'A' in Anakin:p

17. Ewok-Kenobi

Aug 11, 2006
    I apologise, Master.:p

18. Creche_Master

Dec 13, 2005
    Since the Creche has been dormant for a while, I thought I would ask all of you out there - actively searching for Masters or Padawans, I hope :) - what it is you might like to see here in this thread. Do you like the current system of having the lists in on the first page? Is there something else you'd like to see in this thread, like a specific topic for discussion?

I open the floor, or if you'd prefer, please drop me a PM. :)

-TMJ

19. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Maybe if every couple of days or weeks you could post the Master padawan list on the current page, to help us keep up without going to look at page one.

Like, every time we start a new page, you put the Master Padwan list as near to the top as possible. You should like only update the one on the first page, and the most recent one.

20. Ewok-Kenobi

Aug 11, 2006
    sounds good!

21. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Do you like the current system of having the lists in on the first page? Is there something else you'd like to see in this thread, like a specific topic for discussion?

As G__Anakin said, reposting the list on the current page every couple of days might help. Discussion topics, off the top of my head:

My master disappeared! What do I do?

My padawan disappeared! What do I do?

How to break the ice in a new pairing

Masters: To beta or not to beta, and how to avoid hard feelings in either case

Masters with multiple padawans: one big happy family!

Padawans with multiple masters: does this ever happen?

22. nate_the_great

nate_the_great Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    I think it's fine on the first page. Better to keep it in one place and just edit it than have it in several places that get outdated quickly. Meh, that's what I think.

23. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    I agree with Jade Solo a little discussion would make thsi thread go a long way. And perhaps the masters could get together and help make a Creche assignments in the form of challenges. I don't know that may just need to stay on an individual level. I would enjoy it though.

24. Persephone_Kore

Persephone_Kore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2006
    I'm not sure about re-posting the list. Keeping it updated is good, but I'm not sure if we need to repeat it so often. Plus, is that going by the default number of posts to get to a new page, or a different one? ;)

I think challenges are probably more of an individual Master-Padawan thing. Not everyone is suited to challenges, and not everyone needs to be challenged on the same type of thing.... On the other hand, challenge suggestions and discussion could be great!

I do like the idea of reviving the Master Training Courses and having more discussion on what kinds of things are useful in mentoring, what to look for depending on your own preferences, ideas for how to do things. The suggested discussion topics look good. :)

Maybe featured newbies? Or even masters? I seem to remember that being done for a while -- if someone's been hanging around for a bit without making a match, they could be contacted to see if they're up for it, and they could be kind of brought to everyone's attention? *shrug* Not really sure how that worked, honestly.

25. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Do you know if the Masters Training Course was in this thread? Or another creche thread? I'd like to take a look at that.

And I was thinking the same about the lists - IMO it would be better on the first pages, since we all probably have our settings to change pages at different post counts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.