The Creche - Masters and Padawans available for every era! Take a look!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Creche_Master, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Meshugenah Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    NAME: Meshugenah

LOOKING FOR: Master!

ERA: Boeyond the Saga

FAVE CHARACTERS: Jaina and Zekk! Though I love Jacen and Co., too.

STRENGTHS: Editing! General plot, small details, characterizations, grammar (usually)

WEAKNESS: Actually writing, and writing well; action sequences. Spelling. Also, I'm only just reading the NJO books and beyond, after a 3-4 year SW drought, so I'm a bit rusty, but I'm catching on again.

I LOVE TO WRITE: Just about anything! It may not be the next Great American Novel, as the saying goes, but I'll try anything once.

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: slash

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: sarcasm is my middle name, I love music, I help run a writing site (link in profile), I start college in August, I talk too much, and I can be obnoxiously cheery online, and I love commas, though I cheated on them with parenthesis. I like cats.

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING (if onsite sample is available): None on-site. I have a few off-site, but most is a few years old.
  2. jedi_of_ennth Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm proud to announce that Meshugenah has agreed to become my Padawan. :D
  3. The Musical Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't know, Alley... I kind of like that second one, even if it is humorously long. [face_thinking]

So about these training courses... What would you want to see? Is it something you'd like in the beginning of the Creche thread, or as an related thread (e.g., the Plot Bunny Thread with companion Plot Bunny Hutch)? I'm not sure where to begin formulating these course - or for that matter feeling qualified, since I'm on my first Padawan. [face_blush] But I'm game to try.
  4. Alley_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Well maybe we don't have to have classes per se. (I'm assuming you're talking about the Masters Classes) Maybe we could have "Master Tips" like the OC Thread has OC Writing Tips that come out like weekly...or monthly. Like if some of the masters have things that have really owrked for them they could submitt those and the they could be posted up regularly. We could keep a collection of these "tips" in a post on the front page. *shrug* Just brain storming, lol.

Now if the mods allowed another/corresponding thread for us...that's a whole lot more possibilities...
  5. The Musical Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    That's what I wasn't sure of - if we have a list or something posted in the beginning of the thread, eventually it will get really long and probably morph into TLDR or an encumbrance. Or it could be a running discussion like you said the OC thread does - have something once a month (or more or less) that would be harder to find. There are pros and cons to both methods.

EDIT: How about calling the creche helpers something like The Order of the Braid? I like the idea of The Order of _____. Unfortunately, being Jedi and shunning possessions, I didn't come up with many things to associate with being a Padawan. :p
  6. Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, I have been LOOKING for this thread!

NAME: M_K

LOOKING FOR: A Master who will push me hard to better my skills. I?ve written plenty of things so far, but I feel my writing lacks something.

ERA: Any.

FAVE CHARACTERS: OC?s, Luke Skywalker, Ben Skywalker, and Obi-Wan.

STRENGTHS: I think I?m good at setting the kind of atmosphere I had in mind when writing a fic. I also put a lot of thought into my OC?s, and have a lot of background in mind for them, even if it doesn?t turn up on paper. I also like to branch out and try unconventional writing styles.

WEAKNESS: I like adding battle scenes and such, but I tend to rush them; a fairly fatal flaw. I also have trouble with imagery; I?d like my writing to come across as more powerful than it does, and somewhat less awkward.

I LOVE TO WRITE: Cliffhangers! Ha ha. I also think I do well with silly plot lines, as well as angst. I enjoy doing both very much.

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: Mushy gooey romance. I can do some romance, but I can only write it in very small quantities.

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: I?m left-handed, and proud of it. I love to draw and am always willing to show off the Luke I drew. I?m always eager to give other lefties tips on how to keep from smudging their drawings X).

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING: This is probably my favorite thing I?ve ever written, though not quite my usual style. What I?d Like To See (inspired by Dr. Seuss)
  7. Creche_Master Jedi Knight

star 1
    Lists are updated. :)

So here are the suggestions that I have so far:

• Discussion topics - In the vein and including those suggested by JadeSolo

• Place Master/Padawan lists every few pages

• Challenges/Creche assignments

• Master Training Courses - Either here or in a companion thread, depending on mod preference

• Featured Masters/Padawans

• Master and Padawan Support Groups - Separate forum with many thanks to NYCitygurl!!

• Break the Ice poll to get to know each other

• List of Resources for Newbies - e.g., characterization threads, the Orientation Guide, Beta Index, etc.

• Creche helpers - other people to PM with questions if needed

I will confess, I'm probably going to pass on the lists every few pages for two reasons - the first being the fact we all probably have our settings on different posts per page, making it difficult to do it and have these reposts to be easily located and the second being that updating more than one list is probably going to make it likely there will be many lists out of date, especially if I mistakenly update the wrong version (which, to be frank, I find very likely).

Anything else you think would be helpful?

-TMJ
  8. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Looks good!! And I'm working on finishing that for you :)
  9. Creche_Master Jedi Knight

star 1
  10. JadeLotus Force Ghost

star 4
    I would like to announce that I have knighted my padawan, the wonderful Jade_Pilot.

I honestly couldn't have asked for a better padawan, and she has done the SW fanfic world proud.

Congratulations my friend! [:D]
  11. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
  12. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Congratulations, Jade_Pilot! =D=

[:D]

13. Jade_Pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    Thank you master! @};- It's been a blessing to have you as my mentor. I've learned so much from you and will always treasure your friendship!

Thanks y'all! I almost feel like a grown up now! [face_laugh]
  14. The Musical Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
  15. WyoJedi Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Congratulations Jade_Pilot! A well-deserved promotion indeed.

Cheers,
    Wyo
  16. lizodessky Jedi Knight

star 1
    NAME: Liz Odessky

LOOKING FOR: A Master; preferably one that writes for Beyond the Saga.

ERA: Beyond the Saga and a little Before the Saga.

FAVE CHARACTERS: Mara, Jaina, and the ever loveable Farmboy.

STRENGTHS: Grammar, Vocabulary, General Plot, Emotions.

WEAKNESS: Quality romances, dialogue, multi-chapter stories, and conveying humor.

I LOVE TO WRITE: Short stories dealing with lots of emotion, some would call it angst. I love writing fics dealing with Master/Padawan relationships. J/J is a given.

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: Slash or pure humor (I just stink at it).

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: Hmm, lets see? I?m a Texan and would give anything to see snow. I?m ridiculously/notoriously clumsy; a fact that earned me the nickname Tonks at school. I?ll be a Senior at an all-girls catholic high school next year. Er, I?m perky when need be but otherwise, I?m rather quiet.

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING (if onsite sample is available): Reparation ? The first story I posted here and was goaded into extending from a one-shot into a short story. It is Jaina-centric and picks up after Sacrifice.
  17. Creche_Master Jedi Knight

star 1
  18. Altaysky Jedi Knight

star 1
    NAME: Altaysky

LOOKING FOR: Master!

ERA: I like mostly everything, but my personal favorite is post-Galactic Civil War. You know, beyond the Saga...

FAVE CHARACTERS: Gilad Pellaeon, Riina Kwaad/Tahiri Veile, Jacen Solo

STRENGTHS: Great with creating new environments and OCs, and what not.

WEAKNESS: Romance.

I LOVE TO WRITE: Words.

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: Slash

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: I'm a closet Star Wars fan. Nobody else knows. >_>

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING: Don't have one yet, but I'm planning for that to change. Heh.
  19. Creche_Master Jedi Knight

star 1
    Lists are updated. :)

Also, if all goes according to plan this weekend, I'm going to post some of the new "front" posts I've been working on for either updating this thread or a new thread, depending on what the mods/general opinion is. :) So last chance (sort of [face_batting]) if you have any more suggestions to offer for this thread!

-TMJ
  20. G__Anakin Jedi Master

star 4
    I've taken Altaysky as my second Padawan!
  21. The Musical Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    I swear I posted this before, but since it's not in the thread, I'll have to go with the option that I'm crazy. :p

G__Anakin, would you like me to leave you on the Masters List?
  22. G__Anakin Jedi Master

star 4
    Go ahead and take me off for now. Thanks!:)
  23. Creche_Master Jedi Knight

star 1
  24. Lordabc123 Jedi Padawan

Name:Lordabc123

Looking for:master

Era:Any but I like beyond the saga

Fave. Characters:Rouge squad.

Strengths:good at action and desription always have ideas.

Weakness:diloag and putting pen to papper.

Love to write: action

No way I'll ever write:Romance

Random facts about me:I love star wars since I was a child

Link to sample of writing:Work in progress
  25. The Musical Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Updating the Creche thread is on hiatus until Trivia is over, or I give up. :p Lists will be updated momentarily.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.