main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Creche - Masters and Padawans available for every era! Take a look!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Creche_Master, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    We're attracting a lot of new users this summer. Folks who've been masters in the past or recently knighted might want to hop in and hug a newbie--heck, even take one home. :D

2. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I just popped in to see all the "re-vamping" that's been going on, and I have to say; KUDOS TMJ, you're doing a fabulous job. [:D]

I was thinking if that too as I was cruising through the suggestions, and what would you think of adding the "date" to the Master and Padawan lists, so if a user clicks the name it's easier to find that potential match's post (especially if posts per page setting isn't set to default)

I think what you have going on here is amazing, and I like "The Order of the Braid" (a place where attachment is okay...)

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    lizodessky has accepted me as her Fanfic master :)

4. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Awesome NYCgurl, congradulations to both!

5. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Congrats, NYCitygurl and Liz!! [:D][:D]

And thanks, correllian_ale! I need to work on the new posts and once I have those ironed out, I'm going to see if I need to make a new thread with more place-holder posts at the beginning or if this one is fine.

And I really like the idea of adding the date of posted profiles; that could make them easier to find and know who's been looking for a while. :) The links should be fine regardless of how many pages you have your browser set to because they're pulled from the Latest Posts in the users' profiles.

Lists are updated. :)

6. Creche_Master

Creche_Master Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2005
    Bumping for visibility. :)

7. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    I've gotten my drafts done; the next few posts will be some of the new posts on what will eventually become the new Creche thread. Partially this is for me to check my coding, but I also want you to look them over and tell me what you think, what I missed, etc. After all, this isn't just my Creche. :D

-TMJ

[b]IMPORTANT!![/b]

If you would like to be listed as a Master or a Padawan then please fill out the following survey and post it. Be thorough, each question there is because these are things that tend to be important to most people when looking for a new partner.

[b]NAME:

LOOKING FOR: (please indicate Master or Padawan)

ERA:

FAVE CHARACTERS:

STRENGTHS:

WEAKNESS:

I LOVE TO WRITE:

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE:

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: (number of current Padawans for all Masters!)

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING (if onsite sample is available):[/b]

[hr]

Trying to figure out what kind of person your new partner is? You may want to try out this survey to break the ice. Silliness is heartily encouraged here, even amidst the serious business of writing. Take time to get to know the other person; knowing more about them makes it easier to work together. I would recommend that you do this survey via PM. :) Some of it might even relate to writing? [face_mischief]

[b]What time did you get up this morning?

What was the last film you saw at the cinema?

What is your favorite TV show?

What do you usually have for breakfast?

Favorite cuisine?

What food do you dislike? Prefer?

What is your favorite CD at the moment?

Morning or night person?

Favorite sandwich?

What characteristic in other people do you despise? Look for?

Favorite item of clothing?
    If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be?

What color is your bathroom?

Favorite brand of clothing?

Where would you like to visit?

What was your most memorable birthday?

Favorite sport to watch?

Pets?

What did you want to be when you were little?

What date on the calendar are you looking forward to?

What music do you like?

Your Favorite Book?[/b]

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I really like that idea!! I'm going to tr it with mine :)

9. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    If anyone can locate the threads with broken links, I'd appreciate it. Also, did I miss out on any of the major characters? (I'm thinking only the ones in the movies; the others have links in the Index, which I'd prefer not to recreate. :))

[b]Resources for Newbies[/b]

Yes, there?s a lot going on in these forums. Here are some links that might get you headed in the right direction ? whatever that may be. If you?re looking for something to get you started in your writing, I recommend checking out the character threads as they usually have challenges and prompts to get you started. I also [i]highly[/i] recommend you look at the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/21083467][b]Fan Fiction Index[/b][/link], home of the comprehensive link list.

[ul][li][link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Resource/b10304/21299670][b]Fan Fiction FAQ[/b][/link] ? You?ve got questions? They?ve got answers.[/li]
    [li][link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Resource/b10304/18492716][b]FanFic Orientation Guide[/b][/link] ? To help you get settled in. Also has clues to board oddities, like the Awards.[/li]
    [li][link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/22308091/p1/?3][b]Beta Readers Index v4.1[/b][/link] ? Some Masters beta. Some don?t. Here?s to go if yours chooses not to, or if you just want a second opinion. [face_mischief][/li]
    [li][link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8535413&replies=254][b]Plot Bunny Thread[/b][/link] ? Want to write, but not sure what? Here is where other authors take their plot bunnies and release them to the wild ? or at least the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/25868070][b]Hutch[/b][/link]. Note: This is [i]not[/i] the place to post ideas if you don?t want someone else to adopt them.[/li]
    [li][link=http://www.theforce.net/swenc/][b]The Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia[/b][/link] and [link=http://www.wookieepedia.com][b]Wookieepedia[/b][/link][/li]
    [li][link=http://f59.aaa.livedoor.jp/~lazykbys/jcfanficthreads.php][b]Lazy?s Amazing Link Machine[/b][/link] ? Once upon a time, it was very hard to find threads in the Fan Fiction area. Then, lazy made an amazing link machine to make life easier for the rest of us.[/li]
    [li][b]Character Threads[/b] ? There are a lot of characters in the Galaxy. Chances are, if you like to write ?em, they have a thread here. Here are some bigger names from Star Wars, but by no means a comprehensive list:
    -[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Resource/b10304/16917201/?9][b]Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader[/link][/b]
    -[link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/18034873][b]You Can Take the Farmboy Off the Farm? Luke Skywalker[/link][/b]
    -[link=http://boards.theforce.net/a/b1/18594647/][b]Palpatine[/b][/link]
    -[link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/16912827][b]Warrior Queen, Gentle Lady - Padmé Amidala Naberrie Skywalker[/link][/b]
    -[link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/24599510][b]Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon[/b][/link]
    -[link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/23630153][b]The Bespin Café Version 2.0 ? Han Solo and Leia Organa Solo[/b][/link][/li][/ul]

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    You may or may not want to include the movie indicies; those can really be found in the Index (or at least, some of them can, but the ones you're looking for are probably either in the index or autolocked).

Also, a suggestion: one of my personnal favorite things ever: lazy's amazing link machine. It will help you find almost any story on the boards.

11. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
  12. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Here's the link to the Obi and Qui thread: http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/24599510/p1/?565

:)

13. Persephone_Kore

Persephone_Kore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2006
    I think the main post is good (I have never much cared for icebreakers, but they have their function!) and I love the mini-Index -- the Fan Fiction Index is fantastic, but it's... you know... it's more like the phonebook than the little reference list of who you need to call in case of emergency and to get your utilities turned on.

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Been lurking and loving what I see Musical.

15. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    LOOKING FOR: Master

ERA: Saga and Beyond

FAVE CHARACTERS: Any of the OT characters, Jaina and Kyp (especially together), and Mara Jade

STRENGTHS: Modesty

WEAKNESS: I don't think I'm very good at dialogue and I don't describe things enough

I LOVE TO WRITE: K/J, things that seem as though they could actually happen

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: I don't know about never ever, but I would probably never write J/Z or a comedy.

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: Both of my parents are deaf and I'm going to be a high school senior. My dad loves Star Wars but my mom hated it. I secretly started reading Star Wars books at my friend's house and then managed to convince my mom that Star Wars wasn't so bad so she let me buy all the movies and I own six books. One more random fact: I sympathize with Leia and Jaina about being short because I am too.

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING (if onsite sample is available): Only works-in-progress... http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/26980401/p1/?16 and http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=26931014&brd=10477&start=26935369 . I'm also working on a K/J vignette but its offline.

[EDIT]: I decided "works-in-progress" was better than "work-in-progresses"

16. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Lists are updated. :)

Thanks for the help with on the abbreviated Index. :) I didn't even think of using lazy's link machine to find the other links, even after doing trivia with it. [face_blush] Ah well. I also updated that post with the links. And yes, I know that one of the mark-ups is broken on the first page. I have no idea why, even though I didn't change it, it doesn't want to bold Beyond the Saga any more. Maybe it doesn't like that era. :p

I have a few things to clarify, and then I'll be setting up the new thread. :) I'll lock this one when I do so with the last post as a link to the new thread (as well as a new link in the first post).

17. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Just so everyone is aware, I am going on vacation. I'll be gone from tomorrow evening (Friday, July 20) until Sunday, July 29. I may have spotty internet, but I make no promises. NYCitygurl has kindly agreed to watch over the Creche for me while I'm gone, so please behave. *shakes admonishing finger* If you need anything, feel free to PM the sock.

And many many [:D] [:D] [:D] and muy muy thanks to NYCitygurl!!!

Hope everyone has a good week!

18. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Have a good vacation, Musical Jedi.

I suppose I'll toss my hat in the ring...

NAME: lordmaul13

LOOKING FOR: Padawan

ERA: Any

FAVE CHARACTERS: Darth Maul (go figure), Boba Fett, Thrawn, Piett, Wedge

STRENGTHS: Darkness, I'm good at making situations bleak. ;) Humor. I can be funny when i want to. (Mostly I stick with dark.)

WEAKNESS: Movie characters. I tend to stick mainly with OC's.

I LOVE TO WRITE: Humor but I usually end up writing dark stories because they seem to come easier to me.

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: Something that's solely romance. I'm a guy. ;) :p

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: I have no current Padawans. I'm 27 and male, which seems to be a rarity in fanfic. Oddly enough, of the list of favorite characters I posted, I've only ever written Piett. I am in the Air Force where I work in maintenance on aerial refuelers. It feels like I'm a different person, now that I'm in the military. Basic training is a life changing experience. It was for me anyway. It feels like I've been in my entire life or like my memories from before happened to a different person.

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING:
    The Descent (a dark fic and IMHO my best work ever)
    Operation Darkside II (a humorous fic)

19. Creche_Master

Creche_Master Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2005
    Lists are updated. :) And thanks, lordmaul13.

20. DarthJainaSolo

DarthJainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2007
    NAME: DarthJainaSolo - well, my real name is Kristen, but sometimes I like to say that Jaina Solo is my alter ego.

ERA: Mainly Beyond the Saga, but I could venture into the saga if I needed

FAVE CHARACTERS: Jaina Solo, Anakin Solo, Han, Leia, Anakin Skywalker

STRENGTHS: Prose, grammar (I'm not immune to typos, but I'm well-versed in grammar and spelling), creating believable situations, and characterization

WEAKNESS: Vivid detailed description, dialogue narration

I LOVE TO WRITE: Jaina/Jag stories, angst and darker stories. I love stories where the main characters are driven to protect their families.

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: Smut and mush is the only definite no. Otherwise, I say, never say never

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: I'm 20 and I want to be a writer when I graduate from college. I have two cats, both girls, named Katy (she the oldest) and Cleveland, and a dog (male) named Grizzly. At one time, I also had a cocker spaniel named Abby, and I was her favorite out of all of our family. I have an older brother who lives half-way across the country from me, and he's my only sibling. I'm about to be a junior in college.

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING: This is my WIP, that is only beginning - Crash

21. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I have to admit that I've been lurking on this thread, watching the development. [face_shhh] Yes, I know, I'm bad. [face_blush]

Anyways, I love the new sample pages for the Creche! They look lovely -- and the breaking the ice survey is hilarious! Colour of your bathroom... I had to laugh at that one! [face_laugh]

And I love the mini fan fic index! I think it's a really good idea because the real fan fic index is very large and could be kind of scary for newbies. It's nice to have important links with easy access for the newbies. :) :D

Oh, and love how on the link for the Beta Reader Index you have "Some Masters beta. Some don?t. Here?s to go if yours chooses not to, or if you just want a second opinion [face_mischief]." [face_laugh]

Seriously looking great! :D

22. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    *Gulp* Ok, I'm a bit scared of stepping out here...but I'm trying to be brave :)

NAME: Irish_Jedi_Jade

ERA: Beyond is my absolute favorite. Perhaps I would venture into Saga if need be, but I like Beyond best.

FAVE CHARACTERS: Luke/Mara, Ben, Leia, Han. L/M are my absolute favorites though!

STRENGTHS: Painting a complete and believeable (or at least i think it is!) picture with words, literary devices :)D) getting into the charachter's head, making people cry. I also am pretty good at grammar, spelling, mechanics stuff (not to toot my horn!)

WEAKNESS: Extreme action, dogfights, witty dialouge, technical stuff, thinking up ideas.

I LOVE TO WRITE: Romance, mush, anything with a happy ending, some action.

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: Torture, smut, slash, unhappy ending-type stories, anything that makes me cry with sadness as I write.

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: Umm...well, I'm a girl and a city girl, first of all. I love star wars (duh), I have curly hair, no book is good unless its at least an inch and a half thick imho, i don't drink coffee, i had braces for six years, will be a senior in highschool come fall, i love a good romance, spiders are terrifying, i'm very dedicated (if i set my mind to do something, look out world!), and i love love love people, and if you want to be my friend, I'd love to be yours!

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING: I haven't posted anything yet. I'm a bit scared...but anyways, if you want some unfinished stuff (but close to finished) you can PM me :D

23. solobratz

solobratz Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2006
    NAME: solobratz, but real name is Adrian.

ERA: Probably Beyond and Before

FAVE CHARACTERS: Luke, Mara, Qui-Gon, Mace, Anakin Solo

STRENGTHS: Imagery, action, energy, spelling

WEAKNESS: Natural dialogue, patience, getting inside a character's mind

I LOVE TO WRITE: Action, Romance, Mush

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: Angst, Torture, Crack!Pairing, Slash

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: I am 19, male, and Canadian. I like a good book, humour, and my computer. I'm not a guy-guy, but I'm not gay, either. I live in a small town, and I have lots of friends. I know very many useless things. I love old school rock and roll and Canadian music.

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING (if onsite sample is available): See sig.

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to both of you!! IJJ, don't be scared :) I'll add you both to the list :)

25. Marani

Marani Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2007
    NAME: Marani

ERA: mostly Beyond

FAVE CHARACTERS: Mara Jade, Luke Skywalker, Anakin Solo, Leia, Mirax, Iella, X-wing pilots

STRENGTHS: my mind and computer are full of plots, dialogues

WEAKNESS: can't focus on one story at once; english is not my first language

I LOVE TO WRITE: Dialog, Humor, Angst, Advanture, AU, in character, some adult stuff I won't post in here

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: about Anakin Skywalker, Padme, PT in general

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: I'm 21 and I have breast cancer and metastases in my lungs.

I'd like to have a master who is the same age or older then me.

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING:
    Attachment

hat time did you get up this morning?

7.00 am

What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
    Fantastic 4 and the rise of the silver surfer. But I didn't like it

What is your favorite TV show?
    I don't watch Tv

What do you usually have for breakfast?
    milk, a toast and fruits, sometimes cappuchino

Favorite cuisine?
    german, italian

What food do you dislike? Prefer?
    I dislike burgers
    I like everything sweet, especially fruits

What is your favorite CD at the moment?
    "Hamma" by Chulchua Candela

Morning or night person?
    night, but everyone is trying to make a morning person out of me

Favorite sandwich?
    mozzarella + tomatoes

What characteristic in other people do you despise? Look for?

Favorite item of clothing?
    cargo trousers

If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be?
    mallorca

What color is your bathroom?
    white

Favorite brand of clothing?
    Esprit, Marc O'Polo

Where would you like to visit?

What was your most memorable birthday?

Favorite sport to watch?

Pets?
    a hamster called "Ratti"

What did you want to be when you were little?
    a princess, a fairy, a teacher, a vet, later a writer and a historian

What date on the calendar are you looking forward to?
    the day i'm cured from my cancer

What music do you like?
    mostly german pop & rap

Your Favorite Book?
    i have too many

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.