main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Creche - Masters and Padawans available for every era! Take a look!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Creche_Master, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creche_Master

Creche_Master Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2005
    Welcome, Marani! Love your colors :)

The lists have been updated with these three fabulous-looking future padawans :)

2. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I'm baaaaack! [face_batting] And yes, this post looks suspiciously like the one in the Social thread. :p Many thanks, yet again, to NYCitygurl for all her help!! [:D] :D

3. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Name: AnakinsFavorite

Looking For: A padawan with some basic skill, a reader who wants to become a writer

Era: The Saga

Favorite Characters: Well, my liking the Saga should say it all, but I tend to lean towards A/P centered fics. Still, I do enjoy writing some Siriwan fics. I have also discovered a formerly-buried love for OC?s.

Strengths: I absolutely love writing- it is my favorite pastime. Having a natural sense of grammatical correctness, I also do betawork. Cliffhangers, plot twists, and illusive characters are my specialty, but I can never say no to writing dark villains and strong women. I like to write meaningful works, but I can do most genres (minus poetry, of course).

Weaknesses: I am very busy, with DRL and all my WIPS. Although I like beta?ing, extremely lengthy works are discouraged. The fact that I pretty much refuse to work outside the Saga could be considered a weakness. Action is one of the genres that is hardest for me to write.

I Love to Write: Mush, humor, and meaningful works. Really, as long as I?m having fun doing so, I enjoy anything that can be written.

No Way I Will Ever Write: Slash, stories with gratuitous vices, poetry, and murder stories.

Random Facts and Fun Information About Me: I do write original fic- that was what I first fell in love with. Since joining here, I have taken on so many WIP?s that many are amazed I can do them all.
    All in all, I?m an average person with too much time on my hands. I like to chat via PM?s, so if you?re talkative too, you might be the one for me.
    Oh, and did I mention that, as my padawan, you will be privy to my posts before anyone else gets to see them??! [face_batting]

Link to a Sample of My Writing: Here is my bio. I?m sure you can find something interesting in there, but might I recommend The Five People You Meet in the Force.

If you are at all interested in learning some writing skills and gaining a new friend, please PM me!

AnakinsFavorite

4. Creche_Master

Dec 13, 2005
    Lists are updated. *waves hand* You will take a look and PM someone... :D

5. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    NAME: Jade Pilot

LOOKING FOR: Padawan

ERA: Mostly BEYOND

FAVE CHARACTERS: Luke, Mara, Ben, X-wing pilots

STRENGTHS: dialogue, humor, plotting, characterizations

WEAKNESS: action scenes (groan) but working in this area.

I LOVE TO WRITE: humor, drama, angst

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: smut/slash etc.

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME:

I've been writing Star Wars FF for over a year now and just love it. I am an english major, married with one son. I am a former music teacher, changing career paths. I'm an avid reader and love to laugh.

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING: Check out my bio or the prolific fanfic thread in Resource.

6. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Lists are updated yet again. I also added dates to the Masters List to make it easier to find the posts. :)

7. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I'd like to announce that I've taken on [face_good_luck] Irish Jedi Jade[face_good_luck] as my padawan.

Please take my name off the master's list.

8. Creche_Master

Dec 13, 2005
    Congrats to Jade_Pilot and Irish_Jedi_Jade on their partnership! =D=

Lists are also updated. :)

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Updating my profile...my existing padawans aren't keeping me busy enough [face_laugh]

NAME: Valairy Scot

LOOKING FOR: Guinea Pig, uh, that?s Padawan

ERA: Before the Saga and Saga

FAVE CHARACTERS: PT Obi-Wan, the ?team?

STRENGTHS: Dialogue, grammar, ?flow,? characterization, punctuation

WEAKNESS: plotting and imagination (being clever and writing out of the box)

I LOVE TO WRITE: Yes, I do ? oh, you mean? (;) humor, angst, vignettes, all POV?s

NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE: C3PO/Padme pairing (see, there?s my sense of humor)

RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME: I love cats, photography and hiking and I love to sing. When I was little, I wanted to grow up and be Julie Andrews and sing and dance in musicals. Fun fact: I get an inordinate amount of joy in overruling Word spell-check. I do really use big words in real life!

LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING: Omigosh ? I?ll list several by type:

Humor: Two Shifts...

Angst:
    A Father?s Lament

Drama:

What the Heart Hides
    My Hero, My Killer
    Having Seen Through His Eyes
    Tears of the Force

What time did you get up this morning? Workdays ? 7:10. Hiking days: 5:30-6:30. Regular weekends ? does it have to be in the morning? ;)

What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Island or Narnia.

What is your favorite TV show? Hum?something on History or TLC.

What do you usually have for breakfast? Toast and coffee.

Favorite cuisine? Non-spicy

What food do you dislike? Prefer? Liver. Anything with cheese.

What is your favorite CD at the moment? Josh Groban

Morning or night person? NIGHT all the way.

Favorite sandwich? Roast beef with onion.

What characteristic in other people do you despise? Look for? Hypocrisy and perkiness in the mornings, humor, in that order.

Favorite item of clothing? Hiking clothes.

If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be? Mountains.

What color is your bathroom? Which one? One is pink, one, white walls with touches of deep green and purple.

Favorite brand of clothing? Have none.

Where would you like to visit? Anywhere scenic.

What was your most memorable birthday? Don?t have one, none were memorable.

Favorite sport to watch? Ice-skating.

Pets? Yes, 1 13-lb half-Siamese monster cat.

What did you want to be when you were little? Julie Andrews. Plus the obligatory cow girl, police woman, super-heroine, whatever.

What date on the calendar are you looking forward to? Retirement.

What music do you like? Classic, soft rock, easy listening.

Your Favorite Book? No one favorite?so to be different, I?ll say 50 Hikes in Mt. Rainier National Park. Bet no one else lists this one.

10. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    My padawans aren't keeping me busy:( I would like to be added to the saga and beyond please!:D

Time to go check some people out:)

My new profile! I'm going to go delete the old one.

[b]Name:[/b] G__Anakin

[b]Looking for:[/b] Padawan

[b]Era:[/b] Saga and Beyond the Saga

[b]Favorite characters:[/b] Tahiri Viela, Mara Jade (Skywalker), Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo, Jacen Solo, Padme, Anakin Skywalker, Whie Malreaux, Scout, Leia, Jaina, Siri, Ferus, Zett (there are more, I just can't think of them.)

[b]Strengths:[/b] Characters, discription, thinking up weird ideas, mixing up several things (action/romance/etc.)

[b]Weakness:[/b] Plot (following it through), military, space battles, dark scenes, agnst, writing too much detail, characters I dislike (I can't stand reading/writing them), Before the Saga

[b]I love to write:[/b] Character driven stories, Jedi, Whie/Scout, Anakin Skywalker (the comic relife!)

[b]No way will I ever write:[/b] Things I find wrong (excessive bad language, sex, drugs, slash) or I things don't like (Boba Fett, clones, miltary, torture, mass murder, Super Powered Up Luke or Anakin, etc.) or something that insults somebody purposely {True, I break some of these [face_blush]}

[b]Random facts and fun information: [/b]

Courtney_Solo was my master!

Going to high school on August 20, 2007; I'm 14.

I like role playing video games (Xenosaga Rules!!!!) I also like Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy! Star Wars games or okay.

I'm smart and attentive!

I'm red headed (Yep, I'm rare!! [face_happy] )

Courtney_Solo knighted me on March 10, 2007!!

[b]Links to writing:[/b]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/26751105/p1/?74] Jedi Sith [/link]

Whie, Scout, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, Palpitine, Dooku, Yoda, etc.
    Pre RotS; Dark Rendevouz AU

The Scout Survives Jedi Purge Series (Scout/OC [face_laugh] I'm trying)

Part 1: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/27023369/p1/?0] We Once Were Jedi [/link]

Part 2: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/27090766/p1/?0] J-Team [/link]

I would like a padawan who shares at least some of my intrests.

It would also be nice if my padawan isn't a pure military writer because that brings up bad things like mass murder (look at a history book!) I don't mind a padawan who writes these fics, as long as it isn't 100% military.

Also I will not except a padawan who writes sex (lemons), drug use, or cussing for the fun of words to come out of your mouth.

I also don't mind a padawan who is a Before the Saga writer as long as he or she feels me in.

I hope I'm not being to picky[face_confused]

11. Creche_Master

Dec 13, 2005
    No, I don't think you're being too picky. It's good to know these kinds of things to ensure a good fit between you and the potential Padawan. I don't think either of you would be happy if you accepted a Padawan who wrote only military stories, with a bit of camp follow sex thrown in on the side, notwithstanding potential TOS problems.

Lists are updated. [face_dancing]

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Congratulations, JP and IJJ!! [:D]

13. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    [face_worried] I AM trying!

But I can highly recommend her - she's a great Master! [:D]

14. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    I've taken MarasFire as my third Padawan!!:D

15. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Would you like to stay on the list, G__Anakin?

16. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Yes please:D

17. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    well, as my Master seems to have disappeared, I guess I'm just going to declare myself knighted and be done with it.

Additionally, I guess I'll toss myself into the pool for potential Masters... *Kidan wonders if THIS will be the death of him*

[b]NAME:[/b] Kidan

[b]LOOKING FOR:[/b] Padawan

[b]ERA:[/b] Beyond the Saga
    [b]
    FAVE CHARACTERS:[/b] My favorite character has always been Han Solo, followed closely by Corran and Anakin Solo (which are just Han as Jedi)

[b]STRENGTHS:[/b] Biting sarcastic wit, and a healthy Beta-Mind (I'm part Thakwaash)

[b]WEAKNESS:[/b] Humour.

[b]I LOVE TO WRITE:[/b] Pretty much everything...

[b]NO WAY WILL I EVER WRITE:[/b] It's been over a year since I put in my padawan profile, and I've still not considered this...
    [b]
    RANDOM FACTS AND FUN INFORMATION ABOUT ME:[/b] My office at work is still decorated with Star Wars Legos, and my eldest boy is an unabashed fan of science fiction (he loves Stargate and Charmed), so I'm doing good as a parent :) I'm also on TF.N's BOOKS & COMICS staff which is why my name is in that pretty red... I'm also 30 and have a tendency to refer to myself in the third person, and have in the past, sucked the entire Resource Social Thread into hours of 3rd person fun.

[b]LINK TO A SAMPLE OF MY WRITING : [/b] my bio has a decent number of things, but here's a couple things that I'm really proud of:
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=24704838]Prisoner X7835241[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=24635965]If I could[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=27123857]The Last Weapon[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=24830015]A Life Not His Own[/link]
    Jedi Adept: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.aspx?topic=25329231]Greater Than the Sum of Their Parts[/link] and [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.aspx?topic=25962380]A Father's Blade[/link]

18. corran2

corran2 Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2006

Name: corran2

Looking for: Master

Era: Beyond the Saga

Fave chracters: Leia Solo, Anakin Solo, Jacen Solo, Jaina Solo, Tahiri Veila, han Solo, Mara Jade,Ben Skywalker, and Corran Horn

Strengths: Cliffhangers, Humor

Weaknesses: Action Scenes, Lightsaber duels

I love to Write: Mystery, humor,

No Way will I ever write: Slash, Gusshy Romance

Random Facts about me: I am 14 years old and have been a Star Wars addict since the age of 6. My favorite Star Wars movie is Empire Strikes Back. My faavorite EU novel is Dark Force Rising. I have a brother and a sister an a lost dog.

Link To a sample of my writing: I Am Sith: http://boards.theforce.net/message.aspx?topic=27228648&brd=10477&start=27229378

19. CHEVALIER_RYU

CHEVALIER_RYU Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    I had posted my profile a while back. I'm adding this now that I saw it.

:p

What time did you get up this morning?
    12:45, I used to be a morning person. I don't know what's happening to me this summer.

What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
    transformers.

What is your favorite TV show?
    Stargate SG-1. mjr Sam Carter is one of my favorit character all fandom considered.

What do you usually have for breakfast?
    oatmeal with honey

Favorite cuisine?
    does that means the traditional cooking of a country or a specific dish?
    If it's the former I don't have a favorit , for the later it's quiche lorraine. (don't know the english name if it's got one, it a sort of salted pie with eggs, cheese, cream, and ham.)

What food do you dislike? Prefer?
    I hate brocoli, pea and corn. I love rare beef, rice and pasta.

What is your favorite CD at the moment?
    the cronicle of Narnia soundtrack

Morning or night person?
    used to be morning , but for the momment, I keep tosing and turning long after I go to bed and I can't keep my eyes open in the morning. go figure. I think it's the heat.

Favorite sandwich?
    cheese.

What characteristic in other people do you despise? Look for?
    meaness, hypocrisy and humor, gentelness.

Favorite item of clothing?
    anything that confortable and makes me look like a boy.

If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be?
    Japan

What color is your bathroom?
    peach, red, green and blue. we have medium sized tile that makes a pathern.

Favorite brand of clothing?
    none

Where would you like to visit?
    historic site, preferably mediaval or antiquity.

What was your most memorable birthday?
    18. I got drunk, and if you consider that I don't like the taste of alcool it's quite a feat. The only reason I was is because once you drown the wiskey with orange juice it takes very little to get me wasted.

Favorite sport to watch?
    I don't watch sport

Pets?
    An adorable kittycat that has way too much energy named Shami

What did you want to be when you were little?
    an astronaut or a vet

What date on the calendar are you looking forward to?
    chrismas hollyday, we're going back to France and I have a new little cousin to meet.

What music do you like?
    orchestra movie soundtrack

Your Favorite Book?
    Lord of the rings

If you want to make contact with a master do you do it on this board or somwhere else ? I don't quite know how this works.

20. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    You just send a PM to a potential master on this site. Go up at the top; right next to "logged in as: [your username]" is "logoff" and right next to that is "Private Messages." Click that, and then click "new message." Type in the username of the person you want to send the message to, don't forget a title, and of course the message, and thenh click "send" and it will :)

21. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Thank you to all you lovely people who have congratulated Jade_Pilot and I on our new Master/Padawan thingy. I'm positively thrilled, and couldn't have asked for a more spectacular, caring, compassionate, helpful, funny, inteesting....*grabs thesaurus*....staggeringly phenomenal master!! :-B Hehe...she's probably going to kill me now for my use of superlatives...

And thank you all to for making me feel welcome! [face_blush]

22. Creche_Master

Dec 13, 2005
    By the way, I wanted to mention that you don't have to post that second profile in the thread. It's more for a Master/Padawan ice-breaker. :)

Lists are updated, and welcome to corran2! [:D]

23. CHEVALIER_RYU

CHEVALIER_RYU Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
  24. solobratz

solobratz Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2006
    Same as C_R. Didn't see it until after I posted.

What time did you get up this morning?
    9:00. That's sleeping in for me, though.

What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
    HP 5[face_sick]

What is your favorite TV show?
    Dr. Who, or Frasier

What do you usually have for breakfast?
    Scrambled Eggs.

Favorite cuisine?
    Indian.

What food do you dislike? Prefer?
    Sweet potatoes and chicken, respectivley.

What is your favorite CD at the moment?
    All the Right Reasons by Nickelback

Morning or night person?
    Definetly a morning person.

Favorite sandwich?
    Ham or roast beef.

What characteristic in other people do you despise? Look for?
    Arrogance, loud mouthness, and intelligence, humour

Favorite item of clothing?
    Good pair of jeans: good for almost any occasion or weather, stylish, but comfy.

If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be?
    England again.

What color is your bathroom?
    Off white walls, green and white small tiles.

Favorite brand of clothing?
    Roots![face_dancing]

Where would you like to visit?
    If it's a country, Italy.

What was your most memorable birthday?
    Sweet sixteen. Had my first drink, ate an obscene amount of popcorn, and made out with my one of my best friends (a girl). We started going out the next week. It doesn't sound like much, but compared to my others...

Favorite sport to watch?
    Hockey.

Pets?
    A little brown tabby named Moxie, and a Scottie named Bart.

What did you want to be when you were little?
    An author or actor.

What date on the calendar are you looking forward to?
    Twentieth birthday, baby!

What music do you like?
    Classic rock.

Your Favorite Book?
    Animal Farm by George Orwell.

25. starpwner1211

starpwner1211 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2007
    I still don't have a Master...

Very odd...

I really need one cause I'm writing a fic...

Pwner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.