main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller The Crossing

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by LordTroepfchen, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: President Kurt Roland
    Outside the Situation Room, White House, Washington D.C.

Judging by the sudden shift in demeanor, Kurt wasn’t pleased to hear the news about Taylor. Placing his hands on his hips, he turned away and slowly shook his head with a hint of annoyance. It all made sense now; the man had been surprisingly complacent during the meeting, eager to assist and even jumping to the president’s side during a crucial, yet controversial, decision. It was that same indomitable attitude that had initially attracted Kurt to the idea of approaching him about his aspirations to apply these powers to their military assets. Taylor struck him as the kind of workhorse who would flourish when faced with such an arduous task.

Unfortunately, it was all just a ploy – a way to cover up the truth. Kurt was more angry at himself for nearly falling into the trap, rather than Taylor’s betrayal itself.

“I’ll have a talk with him,” he resigned with a heavy sigh. He had lost confidence in the man, and the kind of repercussions surrounding something like an Antville operation could not go unpunished. “If I do this quietly, maybe we can marginalize the backlash. You know the press will be all over this…”

Kurt was content to follow that line of thought, but Matt seemed inclined to bring up the elephant in the room instead: his refusal to authorize the use of lethal force against the time traveler and his companions. He inwardly winced as his friend lightly chided him for taking that gamble.

But before things could escalate further, Matt’s expression softened as he tried to understand. “Then again, the man could have killed you, right?"

Without hesitation, Kurt squared his jaw and met the other man’s gaze. “He had a gun on me,” he answered sternly. He almost seemed bitter for allowing the time traveler to get the best of him. “I know I should’ve consulted you sooner, but I had to come to terms with this on my own. He could’ve pulled the trigger at any time, but he didn’t. That was significant.”

He stood back and canted his head, studying Matt closely with narrowed eyes. “You don’t approve, do you?”

Matt did not immediately respond, but instead, handed him an e-reader. A knowing smile began to spread over his features as he spoke. “Also, he disliked you for a long time.

Kurt only stared at him for a moment, one eyebrow lifting curiously as he tried to discern whether he was being serious or if it was all in jest. Brushing that thought aside, he shook his head and glanced down at the report, occasionally swiping the screen with his finger to scroll through the pages. The time traveler’s face was front and center, but it was also accompanied by a name that stirred up feelings of resentment: LEGO.

“Goddammit…” he cursed with an exasperated sigh as he turned back to Matt, his eyes seeking an explanation.

Again, his friend greeted him with a smile. “With best regards from the NSA,” he touted proudly.

So, they had identified him at last. The infamous graffiti artist who had caused him grief for the past couple of months was finally exposed. While he felt compelled to stick to his guns and carry through with his original intentions out of principle, the temptation was there to rescind the order and go after him with force.

But that would be foolish. He could not afford to turn this into a personal vendetta and risk the lives of innocent Americans in the process. He would need to play by the rules and do this correctly.

His gaze hardened, but he wisely side-stepped the issue of Sebastian Klein – aka LEGO – for the time being to focus on the big picture. “What about the others?” he asked carefully. “Do we have a lead on them?”

TAG: LordTroepfchen

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    Just Left Greyhound Bus 7j23,
    Bus Station, New York

He had turned and he wasn't sure what he expected to see, but to see his hunter standing there he found himself flummoxed. Not enough to not act immediately, but still his shock was surely on his face. The man stared back at him, his hand still inside his black leather jacket and a second passed before he reacted.

As Kawin pushed forward he watched as the Hunter drew his long silenced gun and took aim in the midst of the crowd to execute Kawin in public. This time he saw it coming at least ... this time he could do something. He dove, barrelling at the man he feinted like he was going to run away in the crowd and then he dove toward the mans feet. It was old and simple trick, but he wasn't used to fighting people, and if this was what he was beginning to think it was. . .he had all the time and attempts in the world to get this right. Possibly even a way to change how this goes.

@LordTroepfchen

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle (Daniel Jackson)
    On the road, Greyhound Bus 3f40

Lambs stared at Kyle and then leaned over. "Stop who? Sebastian of course. You need to stop Sebastian, you are the only one who can!"

Kyle leaned back, staying silent. for now. Kill Sebastian? The man had saved his life. Several times in fact. But Kyle coudlnt trust this guy. He also might be very wrong. Lambs continued, as he hissed now. "Creepy guy? No he is not that creepy in the beginning. Quite likeable, quite heroic. A bit of a line wolf, artist ... but very likeable. Then he grows powerful. More so than
    any of us. And then he meets this friggin Professor and understands. From there things go wild. He shreds apart the fabric of reality. Jumps back and forth in time. More a God than anything. Too bad he is crappy at being a God. Well who is prepared for this job, right? Right after leading a one man war against the USA and winning ... things get out of control ... and things ... end. I mean ... they just end. You see? At this point your power is nothing to him. But now? Now you can stop him!"

Kyle's eyes grew big, but he stayed silent. Lambs seemed to have calmed down a bit now. "I know how this sounds. I like him, too. I am a stranger. A bit of an anxiety problem ... but I just beg at you to save the world, Kyle. Because you are the only one who can. The US President, Kawin, Elena and me ... we will all fall. But you? Now? Befor he understands space and time are the same? You can take him from the flow of time and save us."

Kyle looked down at his toes for a moment. A BIT of a anxiety problem? Understatement of the year. When Kyle looked back up, Lambs looked at him, tears in his eyes. "Please, this needs to stop." Then, he spoke really softly. "Are you sure? Because I think there is more than one of him. I had a strange guy run into me, just before I met.. Sebastian?" Kyle frowned as he remembered the encounter. It kinda looked like him, but he was different. Darker. It was like him, but his body movements and stuff were different than the one I met immediately after. He was telling me he was sorry for what was about to happen. Then all heck broke loose." Kyle shrugged. "It was him... but not him."

Kyle put his head in his hands. He had quite a bit to think about. In truth, Sebastian's suddenly departure, had already given him reason to worry. And now, it looked like what Kyle had been thinking was true. The club was a trap. But what had Lambs said? The President was involved too? So it was true? And they had just left D.C. Why had Sebastian not gone with him? Kyle
    spoke, with a very soft voice now.

"He...he left me, to go someplace else. He said he would meet me there..." Kyle fell silent afterwards.

Tag: LordTroepfchen

4. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Motel Room, Washington D.C.

She was right. There was a paper trail. Two days Caffey/Adrian Simmons had been in Falludscha. The final two days of the engagement, before he had been taken to an airfield with his platoon of five survivors. They had been booked there for priority transportation to Rammstein. Three cargo pieces. 927ers. She could look it up. The cargo were prisoners in stable medical condition of the highest priority.

Rammstein had no records of any arrival or departure of the team. But the signs of a hasty purge of such documents were clearly visible.

Whatever they had done in Falludscha, they had taken three prisoners.

Another record was there. Caffey had requested a MPS 214 to be build by his specifications. High-power compressor and 16x scope. A tranquilizer rifle able to be used by snipers. Also ten tranquilizer handguns. They had been delivered to him and he had signed of in the Falludscha base camp. It had been an extraction they had done. In the midst of Iraqs worst war zone they had tried to capture someone alive and they had succeeded. They had ten guns and only five members returned. They had lost half their men.

The team had been purged from the record. But this time she could see by whom. Colonel Robert Meyers. Nowadays known as the influential General Meyers, a man she knew all to well as the NSC member responsible for countless black ops against international terrorism under last two presidents. He had used Simmons and through him her several times. Syria. Lybia. Iraq. Afghanistan. Sudan. When the US Government wanted someone dead it was quite often Meyers who organized the operations. He was also a high ranking member of the Shadow Network. In case these ops were not official ones.

Tag: TheSithGirly

A flat

It looked like the building was terribly run down. More a ruin than a building. Broken windows. No doors. The walls had the sickly yellow of aged buildings that had not been taken care of in a long time.

It was silent. Remarkably silent. Only the heavy, raspy breathing of one other human was heard from behind.

And Sebastian looked at his own face. The sick version of it. Skin that was thin and pale. Eyes deeply withdrawn into the sockets. Dry libs. Half hidden under a grey hoodie the voice was thin when the other Sebastian spoke.

"Hello Sebastian. You look good." He said and smiled. The smile was haunting, as were the eyes. It was not his smile or eyes. It were eyes that had seen so much more than his.

Tag: DarkLordoftheFins

Bus Station, New York

Kawin's attempt had been worth a try, but he had underestimated the man. The moment he changed directions the gun was ready and the trigger was pulled. People screamed. Pain entered his body as three unaimed bullets crushed his plan and hit his torso and leg.

The suffering was short, because the second he lay on the ground the Killer ended it quickly with two shots into his head.

And Kawin was there again. Outside the bus. The man in the grey hoodie was there. Not smiling anymore. And the Killer was certainly there again, too. Approaching him. Ten seconds from now or earlier.

Mitth_Fisto

Washington D.C., The White House, Corridor

Matt nodded. "We were lucky. Shortly before his demise Marshall Moore initiated a search for a boy. Orphan. Really a total nobody. Kyle Halligood." Matt sighed. "Witnesses said LEGO was with a boy when Moore was ... killed." Matt shrugged. "The others are still a mystery. We are looking at unsolved murders that hit the profile of a professional hit, but that takes time."

Matt sighed. "Kurt," He turned to his friend and made sure nobody was listening. Using Kurts first name was very rare for Matt, no matter how long and often he had been offered to do so. Since the election he had never used it. "Simmons wants to kill these people, because he wants to save you. Have you thought this through? He is everything we despise, but he is loyal in his own way. Now you spare the people he says will kill you. Are you sure that is what you wanna do? We can send out a hundred men out there, you heard Meyers talk about Simmons. If we want them dead, he is the right man. If we now cripple his operation ..." Matt sighed. "We did not get elected to kill people. We did it to shape this country a bit into a better place. But hell, I don't wanna comfort your wife and kids at your burial." He looked at Kurt. "Hell you know how bad I am at it."

Matt was concerned. No. He was afraid.

"Maybe we are making a mistake by messing up Antville." Matt looked at Kurt. "Maybe we should let the man do the dirty work he has been asked to do."

Tag: HanSolo29

New York, Great Expectations Club - Motel - Streets, Brooklyn

There was nothing at the post boxes. Not one name. The door was open, but had a big sign on it this building was restricted by the NYC administration to not be entered. A building that was empty in the midst of a prime area of New York? Very unlikely. This felt not like a hideout, but more like a safe house.

Inside empty flats with no doors were everywhere. The whole building looked like it had been empty for decades. Rotting. Dirty. Yet strangely untouched. No homeless or junkies or any signs of them. Water was dropping from above. Even though the last rain had been a day ago. A single rat passed the floor. The stairs were still intact, also not looking too trustworthy. Every step lead to gnarling sounds of old wood aching under the weight of a human being.

A single Grafitti was at the wall. An artful depiction of the current US President. Below it the words "If you repeat a lie often it enough it becomes truth." The word truth was crossed out and replaced by the word "Politics" in red color.

From above she heard something. A voice. Raspy and almost whispering. Impossible to make out what it said.

Tag: @galactic-vagabound22

On the road, Greyhound Bus 3f40

Lambs looked at Kyle and nodded. The boy knew more than he had originally revealed. It did not surprise him. Nobody trusted anybody in this game.

"They aren't two. One is present Lego and one is the future version. At some point he travels back and hand them the list of our names. That is where people with guns start coming for us." Lambs showed pain for a moment. As if a memory had surfaced that tortured him. "They have a team of killers and a guy called Simmons coordinates them. They have a hard time killing the Canadian, they obviously cannot get Sebastian. But they usually get the rest of us. What can we do to protect us?" Shaking his head he lowered his head. Outside they had entered New York now. The city at night was beautiful. "Future Sebastian is too powerful. He can do anything. And he does whatever he likes. But we can keep him from going back. We can keep him from ripping apart our world ... we can stop his younger self from ever developing this ability. We can stop him, when he is still weak ... and good." Lambs sighed. "It is not only us. All world goes to hell. Soon he begins his war against the USA and then ... I think he breaks something. Kyle ... I am powerless. I just tell you what I know. What you do about it, is pretty much up to you. But I promise you, if you do not kill him very soon it will be too late. It might already be too late."

Lambs leaned back. "I never made it to the Club you know? Neither did you. They know where we are. They know it every time ..."

Tag: Ktala

5. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego
    A flat

He turned and there he was. Sebastian could not take his eyes from the man. From himself. He looked sick. In pain. It was so strange seeing him. He had understood the reality of this once he had met the Professor. Kyle's story had been pretty ... strange. But actually his description was very accurate. He looked like a nightmare version of himself.

"Du nicht." [You don't] He replied in German. No need to speak English to himself. "Es ist die eine Sache zu wissen das es dich gibt, aber eine ganz andere dich mit eigenen Augen zu sehen." [One thing to know you exist, but another to see you with my own eyes] Sebastian stepped back instinctively. "Aber das weißt du wahrscheinlich. Du weißt so ziemlich alles über mich, oder?" [But you know that, do you? You probably know everything about me.]

Sebastian felt the urge to draw his gun, but that seemed silly. Did he plan to kill ... himself? So he asked the question. The only question, that mattered. "Warum hast du Ihnen die Liste gegeben? Warum versuchst du die anderen umzubringen?" [Why did you give them the list? Why are you trying to kill these people?]

6. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    A flat

The Future version only smiled at his comment about him knowing himself and listened. The question about the assassination made that smile vanish.

"Was? Denkst du ich will sie töten? Von allen Wesen auf dieser Welt solltest du wissen, dass ich das nicht will. Das ich niemanden sterben sehen will. Warum? Warum ich das tue?" He hissed.

[What? You think I wanna kill those people? Of all creatures on this planet, you should know I don't. I want to see nobody dead. Why I am doing this?]

Then he lowered his head. "I am trying to safe the world." He said then in English. "Etwas das nur ich kann. Und ich versuche das schon sehr, sehr lange."

[Something only I can do. And I am trying for a long time.]

The future Sebastian made a long pause before explaining it. "Zeit. Beim ersten mal hat uns niemand gejagt. Niemand hat von uns gewusst. Aber etwas ging schief. Wir haben etwas kaputt gemacht. Alles ... alles hörte auf zu existieren. Es ist schwer in Worte zu fassen. Aber ich war da und ich war der einzige, der es überlebte. Deshalb bin ich zurück gegangen. Wieder und wieder. Um es zu verhindern. Du verstehst das, oder? Du von allen Leuten verstehst das, oder?"

[Time. The first time nobody hunted us. Nobody knew about us. Something went wrong. We broke something. Everything ... ceased to exist. Hard to explain. But I was still there ... the sole survivor. So I went back. That is why I went back. Again and again. To keep this from happening. You understand that, do you? Of all people you understand, right?]

7. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jane
    New York, 27th Street

The building was empty and unlocked. In the middle of prime New York City property there was an empty building. No, that didn't happen on accident. Without having to worry about witnesses, she drew her pistol. Whoever this guy was he might be here alone. She looked down a hall, checking the rooms. No doors, no people, no obvious signs of squatters. Again that was right. An empty building with no guards, it would be a haven for the homeless, and drug addicts, yet there was no one. The only living thing she saw was a rat, a common sight in the Big Apple. She walked carefully, on the balls of her feet, low to the ground just as she was trained when moving quietly.

Even with all her precautions the stairs, looking dubious despite the untouched nature of the rest of the building, creaked loudly under her weight. Up above her she could hear a whispery rasp, there was someone here. However, going up the stairs would alert them if they weren't already alerted. She looked around for another route up, a fire escape but, given this building's state it probably was in poor repair.

She would check just to be thorough but, the stairs would no doubt alert her target to her presence however that could be useful. She could move up the steps then dart quickly into one of the empty rooms and wait for someone to come down to investigate. Then she would step out put two in their back. If they were alone, which it sounded like they were. This was a risk and she knew it but, she didn't have time to just wait around when the target could have other modes of escape. She would draw them to her.

But, each risk could get her killed.

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Outside the Situation Room, White House, Washington D.C.

A flash of remorse crossed over Kurt’s features when Matt mentioned his family, but it quickly passed as he hardened his resolve. He recognized what his friend was trying to do by addressing him by his first name and making this personal, but unfortunately, Kurt was a stubborn man. He would not back down from his convictions so easily. After making a bold statement in front of the NSC, he could not simply walk back into that room and offer a repeal on his decision. That was a sign of weakness, and his pride would not stand for that.

“I’m well aware of the risks, Matt,” he replied evenly as he made a point to hold Matt’s gaze. While his voice remained firm, it was still tinged with a hint of affliction, a signal to Matt that he may have some hope to get him to yield. “But I don’t see another option for us at this point.”

He sighed and placed his hands on his hips. “A hundred men won’t make a difference against this guy. I’ve seen what his powers can do – all it takes is a passing thought, and we won’t have a task force left. They’ll be dead. We need a better understanding of this phenomenon before proceeding. Any further act of aggression without a solid plan will only result in more death. Hell, Antville is probably the reason they’re targeting me in the first place! It was a mistake to put a hit out on them…we caused this.”

There was a slight pause and a sharp intake of breath as he bowed his head. “Tell me, Matt, can you live with the guilt of ordering a child to his death without a clear motive? I understand that he supposedly has these powers too, but what kind of threat can he possibly have to us?” His eyes hardened as he clenched his jaw with obvious anger. “Klein is the dangerous one. And trust me, after the stunt he pulled, I want this bastard – I want him badly. We just need a logical way to pursue him that will guarantee—“

Kurt suddenly trailed off, and for a brief moment, a hint of a smile turned up one corner of his mouth as realization dawned.

The boy.

It was all right there in the report that Matt had provided to him only moments ago. Kyle Hallgood was the boy Klein had referenced when they met in the Oval Office. An orphan living on the streets of DC, he had befriended the wayward time traveler at some point and ended up being at the scene of the crime when Klein ‘killed’ Moore with his abilities. It was still unclear how much the boy understood about his circumstances, but it was obvious that Klein cared about him enough to call his actions into question. That was all they needed – it was perfect.

Kyle was the key to stopping Sebastian Klein.

Holding up a hand, he motioned for Matt to follow him as he turned back in the direction of the Situation Room with a renewed sense of confidence.

“Walk with me.”

9. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu Combined with LordT!
    Bus Station, New York

Kawin's attempt had been worth a try, but he had underestimated the man. The moment he changed directions the gun was ready and the trigger was pulled. People screamed. Pain entered his body as three unaimed bullets crushed his plan and hit his torso and leg.

The suffering was short, because the second he lay on the ground the Killer ended it quickly with two shots into his head.

. . .

Begin again. He was outside the bus. The man in the grey hoodie was there, still not smiling anymore. And the Killer was certainly there again, too. Approaching him. Ten seconds from now or earlier. Well, this was turning out to be like a bad flashback to his childhood. He had never been good at games and often replayed the same scene over and over again. So it was again. Only if he had powers of visions of fire and now reliving this moment until he got it right. . .

Stepping forward he turned away from the hoodie whom he no longer was certain the identity of. Toward the approaching Hunter. He pointedly did not look at the man. He was seeing how close he could get before the man would shoot him. If it was close enough he could try to fight the man for control of the gun. This first pass was just how close until he knew he had to react, next time he would react when he knew the gun would be pulled.

What a sick way to think about going through life. Next time.

And slowly the plan build. The first time he managed to make it close enough to leap at him, but was dead before he reached him.

Reset. The Bus. Grey Hood. The Crowd.

The drawing of the gun was less of an opportunity than he had thought. The man was so good at it. One fluid move. Draw, aim, shoot. All in one second.

The Bus. Grey Hood. The Crowd.

The other side lead to being spotted even earlier. The eyes almost pierced him. Realisation in the face. One second later, gun drawn aimed fired. Dead.

There was something about the last attempt. The shooter had recognized him, had he? As if he had not been sure of his location before. Ten seconds. Four for the realization. Too late. Kawin turned, they saw each other and ... draw, aim, shoot.

His nose was bleeding. Maybe he could not do this for eternity anyway.

As he shakily wiped the blood away, he nodded as he walked down into the crowd. Looked like he was running out of tries and his reset was not as complete as he had been thinking. Perhaps his own adrenaline at dying had masked the effects. The incomplete healing of his resettings.

He walked out, hunched slightly like so many staring at their phones as he went his way, and this time headed in the general direction of the Grey Hood. Angle around and try to use the crowd. Talk without stopping, don't look back. Try to keep a body between him and where he knew the Hunter was at all times, never allow a clean line of sight. "Are you just going to watch?" he asked as he approached the Grey Hood. He wasn't stopping though, not this time, and if he had the seconds that he had the first time, when he had been shot in the back when the Hood vanished he would step around to use the Grey Hood as a shield as well.

The man under the grey hood looked at him. He did not respond. Instead he looked into the ground. "Try running as long as you still can ..." He said this in his raspy and thin voice and he was gone the moment Kawin wanted to use him as a shield. Nevertheless the bullets did not come to end him this time. The Killer had obviously missed to spot him so far. A single move had changed the outcome, as the Killer was still trying to spot him a little more to the right than before.
    It wasn't profound or deep, but the answer was there in its simplicity. Run.

He did not follow the letter of that directive, but he did continue to leave, angling to the left and trying to keep others between him and the Hunter. He just had to get out of the bus station, out of this moment. Then to the next moment where he buys new clothes, body armor, and a low profile weapon if he can before tonight. But that was the next moment, and still has to escape this one.

The Hunter had missed the moment of recognition. He had not spotted him this time ... and finally turned left and began returning to the bus. He had missed him. A little second to late he had looked a little too far and had missed his target. A few more steps and Kawin was out of the bus station and with every step he took he escaped to situation a little more.

@LordTroepfchen

10. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Leaving Bus Station, New York

Kawin actually made it. The hit had been an improvised one. The Killer had no back up and nobody to cover the exits. And that way Kawin was vanishing into the busy street of a Big Apple afternoon on a Saturday.

There was no word from Elena and none from Arthur yet. So Kawin made it finally to a pawn shop without ... dying anymore.

He quickly found what he was looking for. The financial crisis had filled these kind of shops with all kind of valuable things ... among them guns.

"Looking for tool, fella?" The over-weight bearded shop owner stepped to Kawin as he watched at an assortment of guns. Everything from a .38 Special, 1911 Colt to a Smith&Wesson automatic and of course the ever popular Glock 17. "Got a few rifles if you wanna have some of those."

Mitth_Fisto

Washington D.C., The White House, Corridor and Situation Room

Matt followed. He was aware of the situation that they could hardly send an army after the man.

"Kurt, there are other ways than armies. Snipers or ... poison. I ... I actually know Simmons has acquired a certain quantity of Polonium. He obviously had the same idea as you did." Before they entered, he took Kurt's arm. "You have a plan and I trust your judgment, just do not take Simmons out of the picture. Please. We might need him if this becomes life and death." Matt sighed. "I tell Meyers. Nobody will know."

As they entered the NSC was still assembled. Taylor had left his seat and leaned against the desk right next to Cale who stared at the man as if he had just heard something disturbing. Everybody else was discussing and stopped the moment the President entered to take back their seat.

"Mr. President." Roberts said and everybody understood to shut up and listen now.

The House, New York

Her fears were true. But something was strange. The metal of the fire stairs looked pretty much as if they had been rusting away for decades. How was that possible in the midst of New York?

The stairs were her only option. And they were loud. A very simple and effective method of detecting intruders for those upstairs.

Voices from above. A second clearer one. As she got closer she understood them better, especially the second one. They were not talking in English. Polish? German maybe? A clear and healthy voice and a raspy one ... which sounded strangely similar. Just less healthy.

Tag: @galactic-vagabound22

ooc: DarkLordoftheFins and TheSithGirly, let me know if I shall post the combined posts.

11. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    The House, New York

This place wasn’t just abandoned, it was forgotten. The fire escape was rusted and she was dubious that it would support even her weight. Everything in the building was wrong, water where there shouldn’t be, emptiness there there should be masses, disrepair where there should be function. This wasn’t right she should just bug out, scrub the mission come at it another way.

She didn’t have time to reset to stake out the place and tag the person leaving.

People…

She corrected herself hearing a new voice speaking. Younger...maybe...more clear but, with the same intonation, same cadence, they sounded like the same person just, older, more weary. The additional body complicated things, that meant a witness someone else to kill, and it muddied the waters of who her target was.

The clock in her head kept ticking, she didn’t have time for an interrogation, she’d just have to drop them both just to be safe.

The problem still remained, the stairs, her only way up to the two speaking. They were obviously there to alert the denizen of intruders. A crude but effective method, it was annoying. The voices were still speaking but, in a language Jane didn’t understand, Central Europe, Poland...no Germany.

She now cursed herself for not studying more when her parents tried to teach her other languages.

With her pistol drawn she climbed the stairs as carefully as she could walking as close to the center as she could, trying to minimize the sound. Once at the top she darted quickly into the nearest empty room, pressing her back against a wall completely hiding herself from anyone looking through the door.

She would wait for a minute or two, seeing if anyone would come out to investigate.

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Corridor/Situation Room, White House, Washington D.C.

Kurt stopped abruptly and spun on the other man when he restrained him by the arm. For a moment, all he could do was glare at his friend as he idly wondered what was happening. There was rarely a time when Matt did not have his back. He felt compelled to admonish him for his brash behavior, and yet…he couldn’t. This wasn’t normal. It took all of his inner strength to break through the fog of his own conceit and focus on the man’s words. Only then did he realize that his friend was far from his usual attentive self. He sounded desperate as he made his plea and stumbled over himself with uncertainty. But worst of all was the fear in his eyes; Kurt could not recall a time when he saw Matt afraid.

Was he afraid for him?

He had to admit, he was taking an awful big risk by refusing to give the order to terminate his potential assassins, but he kept telling himself that it was for the better good of the country. The root of the problem came back to the legacy he wished to leave behind. Somehow, he retained hope that they could adapt these powers to guarantee the safety of their borders and beyond. America could experience another golden age with this new technology. For that to come to fruition, they would have to keep some of these people alive.

But perhaps he was being too selfish. Considering that Kurt was the President of the United States, did he truly have the right to gamble with his own life? What would his death do to the country? Maybe Simmons was right to save him…

And what of the consequences for the rest of the world if the others weren’t stopped? What did Cale say….the end of existence?

Slowly, his resolve was beginning to weaken. Matt was wearing him down. Even his concerns over Klein’s threats felt unwarranted with alternative options. Polonium? They were getting creative…

Biting his lower lip, Kurt turned away from his friend and refrained from providing an answer to his face. He couldn’t look him in the eye. “No, Matt,” he said quietly, his brow furrowed in thought. “This is on me. I need their backing.”

Inhaling deeply, he stepped into the room and strode purposefully to the head of the table. At this point, he didn’t even bother to take his seat; he remained standing and leaned forward with his hands pressed against the table, noting the general feeling of unrest that permeated the room like a foul stench. He couldn’t help but think that he had contributed to this state of affairs, which made him wince. It wasn’t going to get any easier, especially with what he was about to do. He had lauded himself on his pride, but that had all been in the name of politics to gain favor. He needed to push that aside and do the right thing. If that meant taking a potential hit…so be it. At least one person would understand…

Inclining his head, Kurt sought the crowd at the back of the room and finally made eye contact with Matt. Pursing his lips, he gave him a knowing look before returning to address the entire assembly.

“After some careful deliberation,” he began evenly, his gaze remaining firm as it traveled around the table. “I’ve…decided to move ahead with Antville.”

Before the room could react to that news and erupt into chaos, he held up a hand and raised his voice to carry on. “But only under certain stipulations. I’d like to propose a suggestion of my own.” He glanced down to the e-reader and scrolled to the page with the pertinent information for the case. “One of the targets, a young boy who we were able to identify as Kyle Hallgood, has a close connection to our time traveler. And again, I offer my thanks to the NSA for providing us with a name. Our time traveler is Sebastian Klein, or more commonly known as LEGO.” He cocked a brow and scoffed lightly. “Yes, the graffiti artist.”

Sliding the reader to his right, he intended for them to pass it around the table. “No doubt, LEGO remains our highest priority due to the nature of his powers, but he is also the most volatile. Quite frankly, the man is dangerous. Any attempt to get near him could result in the loss of innocent life. This is where Kyle comes in. I’m confident the boy can provide us with the kind of leverage we need to draw him out and quickly take care of the problem.”

13. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO and FLEGO
    A flat, New York

Sebastian stared at him and allowed himself a moment to consider this. The Professor had warned him about the power and what they could do. Also he had presented another idea why time was breaking. Because of this. Because of the situation he was in. Because nobody can travel through time without there being consequences. He decided not to share this yet with his future self. Obviously his future self was unaware of it and he would hold on to the only information advantage he had for a few more seconds.

"Es gibt keinen anderen Weg?" [There is no other way?] He finally asked.

The end of the world. Sacrificing the few to protect all. Of course he would do it. What choice was this? His future self shook his head.

"Ich habe alles versucht. Glaub mir. Alles." [I tried everything, believe me. Everything] The voice was failing now.

"Warum hast du sie dann nicht selbst getötet?" [Why haven't you killed them yourself then?] The question was stupid. Could he kill Kyle? Could he kill anyone? No, he was pretty sure he couldn't.

"Funktioniert nicht. Der Kanadier kann nicht getötet werden, sobald seine Kraft aktiv ist." [Doesn't work. The Canadian cannot be killed once his power surfaces]

Sebastian nodded. He had expected to be angry, to be screaming at whoever had ordered their death. Now he faced the man behind it all and he was ... powerless to hate him. This was him. This was him trying to do the right thing. A damaged, sickly version of himself. A version of Sebastian who had seen too much and who had suffered incredible things and made impossible choices. But still him. He understood him.

"Du bist krank." [You are sick.]

"I am dying." The man coughed as if to underline his words. Did he realize he had slipped into English? Well, maybe he had spoken English for years now as he travelled back again and again.

"Side Effects? My nose was bleeding when ..."

"No. They poisoned me. Polonium. Ten, twelve iterations ago. I do not have much time left." The eyes of his future self showed he had accepted his end. "That is why I brought you here. I need you to take over. I have almost cracked it. A few hours of adjustment and I can kill them all before they cross their path."

Sebastian did not know what to say. It was him dying. Are you sorry for dying? Of course you are. Do you say it to yourself? It was also him planning murder. Before the cross their path?

"Why is that so important?" Before they cross their path ...

"That is what activates us. Coming close to each other. The Crossing is what starts all of this. And somehow we always end up meeting each other. But if they are killed fast enough ..."

Oh God, that made sense in such a terrible way. Sebastian felt tears in his eyes. Taking over. Killing the others. He trembled, he could feel it.

"I don't think I can do this. I don't ..."

The other man smiled. He had expected this answer.

"We are already beyond the point of no return. The world will end again. You have no choice."

"You do not know that. Obviously you have not yet figured out how it happens or why. There might be other ways, other things you haven't tried ..." What could he be thinking that he had not thought of yet? It was an impossible idea. An impossible situation.

"I tried everything. It is the only way. We are close, you and I. Close to solving this and saving the world. You have to. You will go back. Now or when it happens. Doesn't matter. But with every moment you spend waiting the chance you get killed rises and when you die ... nobody can do anything about it. We are the only ones who can! The only ones!" The man came closer and Sebastian backed away as if he feared he would be infected by his ideas, if he came to close to his future self.

"If you want proof I can speed up the process and you will be forced to do it to save the world." His future self suddenly said in a very clear voice. "This ... reality ... can be undone by tomorrow and you and me will be the only ones left in the wastelands of a timeless universe. If it is what I need to do to show you ... so shall it be." His eyes were burning feverishly now.

"How many of us did this? You are not the first, are you? You haven't seen the beginning." It was a guess. A hunch. But this felt as if it was one big Deja Vu. A conversation that had happened before.

The future self laughed a cold laughter. "Hard to deceive yourself, I guess. No, I am not the original. I inherited this burden from another me who wasn't the first one either. It took us a hundred iterations, maybe a thousand ones to get to this point. Now you will end it. It is a great blessing for you. A chance. A privilege to be the one who lives. The one who lasts. The one who remains." He stepped back again.

Sebastian stared at him. It was insanity. He could not say a word.

"You need to go back five weeks and send a list of events to Professor Jared. He will initiate everything. After the first two have happened you send him the list of names and the Government guys meet. Simmons comes into play ..."

Sebastian shook his head. "I don't wanna hear this!"

"You have to. The lists are already in your email account. His email, too. Elena is key. That is what I found out. You need to find her and kill her. I concentrated on keeping the first meeting from happening. Kyle and you. But that is wrong. It isn't the first! She meets the Spanish guy at an airport. If you stop this, she will never develop her power and never warn the others. They will all die. Not expecting what is coming. She will not call you to save you and Kyle and you will never meet. So you will never develop your power and Kyle dies that night. A day later they will all be dead. Your past self will never develop this power." His future self sighed. "Simple. A chain of events established through hundreds of iterations."

Sebastian stared at him. "I won't be the one who lives. When I have all of them killed, one of us remains ... me. I need to go, too." He understood and smiled his saddest smile shaking his head.

"Oh you start thinking it through. I like that." His future self nodded. "Was sure you would realize, but hoped that would be later. Underestimating myself. You are right. The last one to die will be you. Simmons will take care of it. Don't worry. Just do not fight it. The past version of us will be the one left alive. The one who remains."

Sebastian shook his head. This was impossible. This was pure madness. There had to be another way.

Then again there was a terrible cruel logic in this. The powers were real and the devastating effect had been something the Professor had already described. The effect had it's cause in using the powers. If he used them to keep everyone from using them, the effect would not happen. The world would not end.

"How do you know we end the world if we do nothing? You said yourself, the one who experienced this wasn't you. Another us. How do you know?" He looked at the other him. He already knew the answer. Would he lie to himself? Probably not.

His future self did not care to answer. Instead he turned his head slightly.

"Someone is here." He whispered.

ooc: A combined with LordT

14. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Maria Liang, Motel, New York

Falludscha had not been about killing them. They had captured them. Three of them. And they had lost half their team doing so. Silenced tranquilizer sniper rifles, secret planes, deleted records. This thing was so CIA it was almost unlikely.

So what had happened to these three? Had they killed them and picked them apart? Experiments? Had they locked them away? Regrettably the rushed cover up of Falludscha was no longer there once they touched down in Rammstein Germany. From here they would have top-notch cover up. She checked flights out nevertheless ... and then she wondered if that was actually the right thing to do. Would they transfer them to the US? Would they really? Without knowing the risk? It was already not too nice to bring them to allied territory. By home turf? Probably not.

Maria checked spontaneous flights incoming that day. Those not scheduled a day or two before. Those given highest priority.

For a second she even considered calling Meyers. But playing with him, was dangerous. Another league. If Simmons was a lion, Meyers was a dragon. But he was still there ... was he? Three presidents later he had never been replaced and never had fallen from grace. Why? She leaned forward and began typing. The Shadow Network probably had financial records somewhere ... she wanted to know of any bigger project the General had authorized. Something with a lot personal, scientists and soldiers and some remote real estate. Something like a secret installation to research time traveling.

This explained why they wanted to see them dead. For what it was worth, they already had enough specimen to experiment on.

She leaned back and rubbed her head. This was going beyond Simmons. This was the darkness of the Shadow Network at it's worst. This was what nobody was meant to know about. She was fully aware knowing what was not meant to be known made you a liability. She knew what happened to liabilities. It was her job.

Tag: LordT

15. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007

Financial records. There were endless access routes to any budget that existed. No ministry or project that could not be traced through this. 2004/2005 was a tough on though. A war had been raging. The establishment of secret operation bases and interrogation centers alone reached an all time high. NSA massively expanded their operations after the patriot-act. Only one stood out. ANTVILLE, ALSK. Something had been build there. Staffed. Equipment that went into the billions had been discreetly ordered. Security by RED SUN. CIA contractor. Had vanished from the market over night. Actually they had been hired for an exclusive gig.

ANTVILLE popped up in a different context, too. A S&I of the person responsible for a Grafitti of POTUS in New York.

EVER BEEN TO ANTVILLE? HE HAS. WHY VOTE FOR THE LESSER EVIL?

LEGO. This had been LEGOs work.

A flat

His future version lowered his head and listened. "You should leave." He then said and drew his gun. Exactly the same gun that Sebastian got from Elena.

His future self gave him a smile and a nod to the second door. "You will see. It will begin very soon. The President ... it begins with him." And with that he turned and stepped out into the corridor, without stopping time.

The other door was still there.

Outside Jane heard steps in the corridor. The noisy ground worked for her now. Someone was there. Just around the corner from the room she was in.

Tag: DarkLordoftheFins, @galactic-vagabound422

Washington D.C., The White House, Corridor and Situation Room

The assembled looked at the President and it was Taylor who nodded first. "Can we acquire the boy, General?" He asked Meyers directly. Meyers sighed.

"I believe we have a chance, yes. I will use Simmons team. But to make sure we get him alive, I suggest taking Simmons in, too." Meyers said. "I will arrange accordingly." He stood up and excused himself with a nod. Time was of essence, so nobody questioned him leaving.

Professor Cale was the only one voicing concerns. "A boy? We want to take a hostage?"

"You did warn us of this man, Professor. You outlined his godly powers." Roberts remarked. "He is human though and every human has his weakness. We can hardly afford to ignore his, if we have the privilege of knowing it." Cale stared at him. Then he looked to the President and nodded.

The meeting ended formally without protocol. Matt was about to address his President, when Roberts approached them. With a lowered voice, he stepped next to his commander-in-chief. "There is something Mr. President. Maria Liang. She works for Simmons. You should probably talk to her." He put his notepad to the table. "Ask here about Falludscha." He nodded. One the pad was a number. "And do not share this with anyone. They have kept this from you." He nodded to the part of the room where the military had sat. Without waiting for a response he left before anyone gave this brief exchange any further thought.

Mitth_Fisto and HanSolo29 like this.
  16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu Combined with LordT!
    Leaving Bus Station, New York

Kawin actually made it. He could hardly believe it, but it seemed that there were a limited group of hunters, or his had limited power otherwise someone else should of been there to kill him. He was on US soil after all. So either this was limited somehow or the hit had been an improvised one. By that blessing of odd circumstance Kawin was vanishing into the busy street of a Big Apple afternoon on a Saturday. He had never really wanted to visit this city, but now that he was hear he could nothing but rush down the street and glance in awe at the tall building that seemed to go on block the horizon in all directions as he crossed an intersection.

There was no word from Elena and none from Arthur yet. So Kawin made it finally to a pawn shop without ... dying anymore. Which had to be good, give his body time to recover from whatever death did do to it, to him. Best not to think about it. Not yet. He had to do and get some things first.

He quickly found what he was looking for. The financial crisis had filled these kind of shops with all kind of valuable things ... among them guns.

"Looking for tool, fella?" The over-weight bearded shop owner stepped to Kawin as he watched at an assortment of guns. Everything from a .38 Special, 1911 Colt to a Smith&Wesson automatic and of course the ever popular Glock 17. "Got a few rifles if you wanna have some of those."

"No. Not looking to hunt at the moment, just need a tool for the new neighborhood." he said with a smile as he looked at what was available. Really some of these were quiet good. The .38 Special was a gem, but honestly what he needed was something discrete and something with enough rounds. Six is good if you are up against a bear and know what you are doing with the revolver and if you have the right kind of ammo, bear shot which is just a lead ball designed to break bone instead of blossom into the target to damage as much soft tissue as possible as a normal hollow point hunting round would be used. But he didn't know how many hunters were after him and a faster reload and more shots between reloads might be just what he needed. Also for some reason he always found his accuracy to be higher with a pistol as opposed to a revolver, just was more comfortable he guessed.

The 1911 was also a gem, but too flashy. Smith&Wesson was fine, but the Glock 17 was used by law enforcement for a reason. Nodding at that he grinned. "That looks like the tool I need. Got any good knives as well, flip or spring would be good."

@LordTroepfchen

17. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007

ANTVILLE.

Oh she knew what Antville was. She was part of an Antville-Operation right now. An operation the President was in the dark about, which was separated from the every day operations of any intelligence agency to ensure absolute deniability.

The holy grail of Black Ops. So Black, even the Shadow Network was not fully informed. Usually only those involved knew about it. There were rumors this has happened only three or four times. New York was the best known operation. A dirty bomb that was found through a series of brutal torture sessions and murder sprees. There was rumor of the removal of a politician who had supported terrorism ... but the fourth was always only a rumor.

Maria had just found it. And now she knew why they were called "Antville". They were named after the place the first operation had established. A town? An installation? A supermax for time travelers? Maria gasped and leaned back.

She did not bother to google the name. Nothing would be found. No map would show this place. Not any current one. Looking at the coordinates she realized this was Alaska. Taking her phone she looked up a few more options and finally picked one. Royal society of geography. U.K.

"Hello? This is Maria Lambert of the American History Society. Yes, America. Oh, I wondered if you could connect me to the department for historical maps? Yes, I am desperately searching for older maps of Alaska and I hoped you could help me. Everything older than 1975 would help. Oh really? Great! Can you send a PDF? O'Neill give you my email address. Oh that would be so great!"

Before 1975 maps had been solely on paper. They would have erased those in the congress library probably, but in the U.K.?

The map came a few minutes later and she opened it to check it immediately. The coordinates were somewhere in the midlands. Nothing on the big map. She went into the more detailed ones. Brook Chain. Mountains. Lakes. And finally she found it. A settlement called Antvillle. Right there near Mount Esben. Settlement. Checking the reference this meant less than 50 inhabitants. More than three.

ANTVILLE. The site of the first Antville-operation. A facility build and maintained by the US military without the knowledge of the US Government to ensure absolute deniability. She was sure the three prisoners had been taken there. Had they been killed? Or were they still there? She trembled at the thought of this.

Did the US military have three time travelers? If so, had they used them? For what?

The thought of someone knowing the outcome of every war, intervention, election ... beforehand ... was frightening.

This changed everything. The US military had probably not ordered this hit to avoid any danger. They had ordered it, to cover up the fact they knew about this all along.

Maria felt the blood rushing to her head. How much did Simmons know? He had captured these three back then. So logical he hunted the new ones.

The Shadow Network. Where did it get it's information from actually?

Maria suddenly realized what these people would be ready to do to keep their secret in the shadows. Quickly she began to erase her logs in the shadow network. There were back ups made though. On physical discs rotating. No way she could erase those. They were probably not looking. But if they were, they would pretty soon know, that she knew. It was a death sentence.

She had to do something!

Tag: LordT

ooc: Combined one with LordT again.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  18. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Input by LordT that was left from the combined

Lego
    A flat, 27th street

Lego stared at his alter ego for a long moment, before turning to the door he had been pointed to an hurried to leave.

He had just made it through the door when he froze. And a second later, so did the world. Staring at what was in front of his eyes, he could not believe what he was seeing. Fotos, New Articles, post it's with events, names written in various colonies to the weathered walls. A thin red rope connecting these. Not only along the walls, but through the room. Thousands of events and people were assembled here and connected. Red rope. Blue. Green. White. Yellow. It was a rainbow colored web of connections between events. Places both familiar and unfamiliar. His graffitis. And then he spotted one that wasn't his. Slowly he approached it and ripped the photography from the wall. He had never sprayed it, yet it was his. His style. His way of doing things. A self-portrait was this one. All in rough black and white and below were words.

You know how sometimes you tell yourself that you have a choice, but really you don't have a choice? Just because there are alternatives doesn't mean they apply to you.

Sebastian felt tears in his eyes. This was expressing his greatest fear so well, he could not believe it. Looking around he wondered how long he could dive into this room before loosing his sanity. It was like understanding your own mind when it had turned to madness. You really can't, without turning, too. Stumbling back he allowed the world to progress again and stumbled towards the next door. Just when he was about to leave he saw the centerpiece of this insane web of possibilities. It was sprayed to the wall and most of the colorful rope ended there.

He recognized it was his way of spraying words, but the words were not his. It was a quote.

This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper.

Below it was a single picture pinned to the wall. He could not make out what was on it, but he was also quite sure he did not want to. It would take all choice from him and he was aware of this.

No, he turned and ran. Feeling the fight against his tears was probably lost. He also felt this was not the only defeat his soul would suffer today. He would have to make an impossible choice. If there was a choice at all. After all, did he not know where this would end?

19. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007

Shutting her computers down only took her seconds. But the silence that followed it lasted much longer.

It was disturbed by a knock at her door. A hard, loud knock. "Maria?" The voice of Simmons asked and waited for her response.

A flat at 27th

The sun wasn't that bright, but bright enough to blind him when he suddenly stood in the open. Half the building he was in was collapsed. This left the first floor suddenly becoming the roof of the eastern part of the building. A ruin. A ruin amidst New York. Maybe Sebastian shielded his eyes, maybe he stared into the sun and got used to it, maybe he even turned away from it. But the last standing wall out there would not escape his view. A final Graffiti was there, done by any version of him.

It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.

And from the side he heard the click of a weapon that was armed.

Pawn Shop, New York

"Oh, I got plenty." The shop owner smiled.

Ten minutes later Kawin left the shop, having slightly overpaid his acquisitions by a 100%.

A blonde man stood out there before him. He was wearing a suit and when he spoke he had a very British accent.

"Kawin." He smiled. "Don't freak out, I am Arthur. The mobile got a tracking function. Missed you at the bus station. Sorry, but you left in a hurry." The man smiled. "Couldn't call. Amanda told me to never trust US lines." He waved his hands as if that would make telecommunication visible.

"I am happy to meet you." He smiled. "And I hope you do not vanish into thin air." The last words were obviously not a joke.

Mitth_Fisto

HanSolo29 likes this.
  20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: The following is a combo with LordT

IC: President Kurt Roland and Matt Andrews
    Situation Room, White House, Washington D.C.

As Roberts strode from the room, Kurt clenched his jaw and watched his retreating back with a mask of indignation. He wasn’t angry at anything the man had done, but rather, the general sense of betrayal that his words had implied. He was once again confronted with the horrible truth that his own people – in this case, the military and Joint Chiefs – were withholding information from him. To make matters worse, this was the second offense in the span of two days. That was purely unacceptable at this level. Too much was at stake!

He felt compelled to act on this before they could cause irreparable damage, but Roberts was clear with his advice – if he wanted any hope of uncovering the facts, he had to keep this to himself.

With a heavy sigh, he slowly retrieved the notepad from the table and discreetly folded it into his suit coat.

What the hell did it even mean, anyway? Falludscha? That was out in left field! Where was the connection?

Kurt glanced at Matt with apparent skepticism. “This is getting out of hand,” he muttered under his breath.

Matt looked at him. "Roberts just shared Intelligence data he did not feel comfortable sharing with the NSC?" He nodded a few leaving members of the staff goodbye. Then he turned to Kurt again. "This goes way out of hand." He waited until the last person was gone and then closed the door. Matt was mindful as always. The Situation room was the room that was best secured against any sort of surveillance.

"Roberts is a snake, but he also is loyal. Also his kind of loyalty is ... well, he would never hurt the office or the President. It is also obvious he thinks you are a weak fool." Matt stepped to the table and sighed. "If he feels like he has to give us this, it must have made him very uneasy. And I wonder who is keeping information from us, who makes him nervous enough to make this an insider tip?" Matt looked at the seat Taylor was sitting on. "Oh and then there is the question why these people keep secrets from the President? This is a crime. One that could end their splendid decade old careers. So why do they risk that?"

He then had to laugh a little. "So yes, this is getting out of hand."

With a sigh, Kurt pressed his hands against the edge of the table and lowered his head to utter a curse. Matt’s commentary only proved to fuel his anger rather than abate it. “I’m through being nice about this,” he affirmed with a dangerous undertone to his voice. They were now behind closed doors, and he did not feel the need to hold back. “If they want to play games, I’m happy to oblige, but they will follow my rules…and I always come out the winner. I won’t tolerate this kind of blatant disrespect!”

He clenched his jaw and hit his fist against the table before drawing in a deep breath. “As far as I’m concerned, they're done – they already stamped their ticket to an early retirement. Whatever we uncover from the rest of this will determine their fate beyond that. I will find who is responsible, and I hope to God that whatever the hell Roberts dug up, it’s worth it…just so I can see them squirm.”

Straightening to his full height, he reached back into his suit coat and produced the notepad. “But hey, I’m just a weak fool. What could I possibly do?” He glanced at Matt and smiled at his own expense as he tossed the pad down onto the tabletop in front of them.

Matt nodded. "They are powerful. Not easy to bring down, but not impossible, of course. But you know what irritates me? Meyers is helping us. Why? Without him we would know nothing about Antville or Simmons. He could have sabotaged us big time. Maybe this is not about you." Matt looked at the two seats. "Think about IT. These two, Taylor and Meyers ... they served three presidents. Very unusual careers. Basically they are the architects of our security structure. They have taken hits for us. They have protected us. Why?" Matt turned back to his friend.

"This is probably not about you. This might have been going on for the last decade. Maybe longer. We need to find out. And Roberts is right. We need to do this ourselves." With a sigh Matt nodded. "Depending on what this is we must then decide what is the most ... appropriate action to make sure they are held responsible."

What Matt hinted was obvious. The President had the right to deal with traitors in an official or unofficial way. The unofficial way was usually involved people like Simmons.

"After all, now that I know what an Antville Operation is, I could try one myself." He gave one of his rare cruel smiles. The logic was obvious. Removing them by extreme measures, they would not risk political Fall out.

"So do we make the call?" Matt looked at his President.

Kurt narrowed his eyes and studied Matt for a long moment. “That sounds like revenge, Matt…” he noted with some concern, his gaze straying from his friend to the two vacant chairs where Meyers and Taylor had been. “I just want justice.”

But if Matt was right about how deep this went, he knew it wouldn’t be that simple. It was disturbing to think about a master plan being orchestrated behind the scenes by the top echelons of the military without anyone’s knowledge. How did this slip through three administrations? What were they doing? And why was he 'the lucky one' to uncover it?

A sinking feeling formed in the pit of his stomach as he considered another option – what would they do if they discovered that he knew the truth? Would they silence him? He pursed is lips and sighed; depending on how much dirt they found, it was a real possibility. Now he fully understood why Roberts had been so adamant to keep this under wraps. Despite the man’s apparent disdain for him, he was placing his trust in Kurt to see this through and put a stop to it.

He stood back and ran a hand over his jaw. “I’ll…keep the option open,” he replied quietly, his tone surprisingly bereft of remorse. “At least until we know what we’re up against. Either way, they’re gone.” Of course, he realized that if he wanted to prevent his own fall from grace, he may not have a choice but to go along with Matt’s suggestion. Everything hinged on that phone call…

Nodding his head, he gestured towards the phone in the center of the table. “Let’s get to the bottom of this.”

Without waiting for Matt to confirm, Kurt reached for where he had discarded the notepad and used it to punch the number into the dial pad. He then placed the phone on speaker as the line began to ring.

TAG: TheSithGirly; LordTroepfchen

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle (Daniel Jackson)
    Was on the road, Greyhound Bus 3f40

Kyle stayed silent, as he listened to Marcus Lambs and what he had to say. Lambs nodded. "They aren't two. One is present Lego and one is the future version. At some point he travels back and hand them the list of our names. That is where people with guns start coming for us." Lambs grimced, and continued his story. "They have a team of
    killers and a guy called Simmons coordinates them. They have a hard time killing the Canadian, they obviously cannot get Sebastian. But they usually get the rest of us. What can we do to protect us?" Shaking his head he lowered his head.

They were getting close to New York now. The view was beautiful. But Kyle kept his attention on Marcus. Something was wrong with his story. Marcus continued.

"Future Sebastian is too powerful. He can do anything. And he does whatever he likes. But we can keep him from going back. We can keep him from ripping apart our world ...

we can stop his younger self from ever developing this ability. We can stop him, when he is still weak ... and good." Lambs sighed. "It is not only us. All world goes to hell. Soon he begins his war against the USA and then ... I think he breaks something. Kyle ... I am powerless. I just tell you what I know. What you do about it, is pretty
    much up to you. But I promise you, if you do not kill him very soon it will be too late. It might already be too late." Kyle took another sip from his drink. There was something very wrong here. he claims not to have any powers. Then why is his name on the list? He did walk straight up to Kyle..even with his dyed hair, with one heck of a
    story. And then urgently tells him to kill Sebastian. But what if it was not Sebastian?

Lambs leaned back. "I never made it to the Club you know? Neither did you. They know where we are. They know it every time ..."

Alarm bells went off loudly. Wait, just moments ago, he mentioned that he had been in New York, but it was different. That the girl Elena got them together then ... things went wrong. Kyle rubbed his eyes, as he finished off his drink. And they knew every time? Kyle gently touched his pocket. The phones? If they were the government, they might have found a way to track the phones? Or maybe, maybe it was Lambs himself.

Somehow. Kyle didnt know. This stuff made his head hurt. But something went wrong. Sebastian might be trying to fix it. But something happens. Something that sends him off the deep end. Something was weird with this situation. Kyle almost broke into nervous laughter, at the absurdity of that thought. Besides, he had no idea who this guy really was. Something just felt very wrong. And how he had found Kyle. Especially with his recent hair dye...

Kyle stayed silent, turning to briefly look out the window to look at the city. New York was a pretty big place. And Kyle needed a place to be alone and think. He pretty much stayed silent, not saying much. He waited until the bus reached the Depot. He then pulled the best disappearance trick that he could, getting off the bus, and disappearing before Lambs could notice it. He walked at a calm and quick pace, until he made it outside.

And then he ran.

Kyle knew the address to where he had to go. But he needed someplace where he would fit in. Kyle pulled the hat down low, not looking up too high. Security cameras were everywhere nowadays. After a few moments, he stopped running again.

Now what??

Kyle wanted to call Sebastian... but he was not sure about the phone. Or the woman supposedly on the other end of it. Kyle looked around. There was a very church close by. It place was well lit, and looked open. Kyle slowly walked over, and pulled on the door...

Tag: LordTroepfchen, DarkLordoftheFins

22. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    Leaving Pawn Shop, New York

"Oh, I got plenty." The shop owner smiled. He knew that smile. Normally in Canada it was the sign that it was time to move on and go to a more reputable vendor so you didn't get gouged on the prices, but as this technically was all illegal. He didn't really have a choice but to be gouged and he knew it when he walked into the shop. So with a heavy sigh he returned the smile.

Ten minutes later Kawin left the shop, having slightly overpaid his acquisitions by a 100% markup. Being temporarily rich was not a state he was apparently going to last long in. Still as he walked out he felt his hand going to his jacket pocket when he exited to a blonde man who looked straight at him. Nobody should be looking at him, he was nobody, he should be nobody.

The man was wearing a suit and when he spoke he had a very British accent.

"Kawin." He smiled. "Don't freak out, I am Arthur. The mobile got a tracking function. Missed you at the bus station. Sorry, but you left in a hurry." The man smiled. "Couldn't call. Amanda told me to never trust US lines." He waved his hands as if that would make telecommunication visible. "I am happy to meet you." He smiled. "And I hope you do not vanish into thin air." The last words were obviously not a joke.

With a faint smile Kawin nodded at the man, "Eh, alright." Then it hit him, Amanda, "I am so sorry for your loss sir. The Hunter got her when she tried to save me. Nearly got me as well." He nodded for a second as he reached and pulled out the phone. Turning he began walking down the street after motioning for the man to join him. He had another destination he wanted to get to before the meeting tonight. He needed new clothes, and he wanted some of them to be of a special caliber. "Walk and talk? I don't know why I am starting to have visions, but I don't like what I see. Perhaps if I meet the lady she can help me. But what I want to know is what you want? Why did you send someone to help me?"

@LordTroepfchen

23. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego
    A flat, 27th street

Voltaire.

Of course that was the first quote that came to his mind when it came to killing. This ruin amidst the most expensive real estate of the world was ... a piece of art. And he knew whose style this was. He realized the madness suddenly as his. The testament of his actions. The expression of thoughts, feelings and fears of himself. That was why it frightened him so badly. That was why it got to him so easily.

It was his art. His greatest piece of art. His masterpiece. His Opus Magnum. It was a perfect trap for his mind. A future piece of art.

And all art was build on truth. The truth of this was undeniable. He was the one who had to sacrifice himself.

This world was about to end. He realized the truth of it. He knew himself well enough to know he would not lie to himself about something as bizarre as this. Nothing he did here would matter. Nothing would change the outcome. But if he was ready to sacrifice himself he could create another world. A better one. One that would not have to end. The only thing he had to do was kill a few innocent people. Among them this poor kid. A small thing compared to how many he would safe. He would be judged for this and executed by the only judge left in this new reality. Himself. He would not have to live with his guilt. No. Only a few hours. He would not suffer the torture of responsibility. He would die, too. Another him would live though. Unaffected by the madness this place was. Unaffected by the impossibilities he faced.

Tears ran over his face. His heart broke. His hands trembled. What had he done? What would he have to do?

He wanted to wonder if he would have the strength to do it. But he already knew he had. The other him already had done this.

The sound of a gun armed was almost surreal in this moment of realisation. The freezing of time more a reflex than a conscious decision. He slowly turned around and drew his gun. He knew what he had to do. It did not matter. This attacker would die. But so what? He was dead anyway. This world was dying. Nothing he could do about it. The only thing he could do was create a better world. A world that had a tomorrow.

Taking out his gun he took aim. Who it was who wanted to kill him? Oh it almost didn't matter anymore. Did it? THEY WERE ALL DEAD!

HanSolo29 , Ktala and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  24. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    New York, 27th Street

Jane stood silently in the room controlling her breathing with her gun drawn. She heard one set of footsteps, not two. She cursed silently, she would have to move quickly, drop the one person then hunt down the other. She had no idea which one was her target both had to die. Her mind hardened, her breathing calm, just like she was trained. She would shed blood and not shed a single tear. She took a few steps out into the hall and raised her pistol releasing two hollow point bullets towards a man in a grey hoodie.

25. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007

Adrian.

Maria jumped of her bed, desperately grabbing her gun and retreating back to the wall. She raised it and aimed at the door. Where would he stand? Right of the door? Left of the door? Right in front? Did her gun even make it through the door? Or the wall?

"Talk? Well, why didn't you give me a call?"

She wished that she had spend the last hour preparing for him instead of looking for American history ... he had stalked her obviously ... the phone! Of course. He had located her phone. She looked at it and just the moment her eyes fell on it, it started vibrating. Washington number. Who in Washington had this number? Except Adrian?

She did not feel like chatting on the phone now. She was not naive. She knew why Adrian was here. It was not about talking. For that you set up a meeting.

Picking up the phone she began looking for additional exits and entry points, her gun always aimed at the door. Adrian had prepared. She had not. She was trapped.

"This better be important, because I was never more serious as now when I said I am in the middle of something."

She hissed into the phone and wondered if Simmons had called to make her talk. To locate her in the room.

The gun was terribly heavy, her hand trembled, sweat was about to drip into her eyes.

Tag: LordT, HanSolo29

Ktala and Mitth_Fisto like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.