main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller The Crossing

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by LordTroepfchen, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Washington D.C., The White House, Corridor and Situation Room

"Thank you, Sir." The woman killed the connection without another word.

Matt looked at Kurt and finally sighed. "I prepare the Marine One, I'd say. Shall I go there or will you come along?" He wanted to protest, but knew it made no sense. Antville. They had to know what was there and who could they trust with it?

"She is hopefully as good as she appears to be."

Tag: HanSolo29

The House, New York

"Are you okay?" Her Uncle asked and sighed. He seemed less surprised about this than Jane. They had basically just seen a man teleport and he looked as if he had seen nothing special. "Now I understand what this is all about." He walked over and gave Jane the phone. "The last number. He wants to talk to you." He smiled. "Be nice. He appears to be much softer than he is."

Tag: @galactic-vagabound22

Ktala and HanSolo29 like this.
  2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: President Kurt Roland
    Situation Room, The White House, Washington D.C.

A frown crossed Kurt’s features as he steepled his hands and leaned forward with his elbows resting on the table. While he didn’t feel inclined to comment directly on Matt’s observations about Maria Liang, he certainly shared his sentiments. The situation required a high level of confidence that he was trying desperately to maintain, but that task was proving difficult with so many issues pressing heavily on his mind. His eyes reflected a certain weariness as he angled a long stare across the table in deep thought. It was obvious the burden of the day’s events was beginning to take its toll; no one had said his job would be easy.

“I want to hold off on this thing with the boy for the time being,” he announced after a moment, seeming to blurt the first thought that came to the surface. It appeared random, but in truth, it was a serious concern. The decision to placate the boy and use him as bait was still a point of contention that riddled him with guilt. He had been searching for an excuse to rescind the order ever since. Fortunately, the Antville discovery presented such an opportunity.

“The game has changed,” he stated with a grim disposition. “Let’s see how this plays out first.”

Before he could get ahead of himself, he paused to consider Matt’s unanswered question – should he accompany his Chief of Staff to investigate Antville?

On the surface, it was a logistical nightmare for all involved. He knew it would be a challenge for them to sneak him out of Washington under the watchful eye of the public and his staff, but he reminded himself that secret presidential trips were not all that unusual. Wasn’t it George Bush who had flown to Bagdad after the fall of Saddam Hussein to meet with US troops without anyone knowing about it? The American public, including many within the White House, hadn’t learned about it until after the fact. With a little subterfuge, a trip to Alaska wouldn’t be impossible.

Plus, he had to admit, it would provide some peace of mind if he handled it himself.

It wasn’t that he didn’t trust Matt to carry out the task, but he feared the man would be facing a lot of political jostling once he arrived on site. The military had kept this facility hidden for a reason. They may not listen to their demands unless they enacted a certain level of authoritative power – the kind of power that only he could employ as president.

“I’m coming,” he said with finality, his tone making it clear that it was not up for debate. “We've gotten this far – I personally want to see this thing through to its conclusion. Tell the press that I decided to head to my retreat in New England for the weekend, or however you want to spin it. I trust you can come up with a convincing cover story to keep this on the down-low.”

He started to rise, but then paused as he pursed his lips. He was clearly thinking this through on the fly. “I wonder if we should extend an invitation to Professor Cale. It would be nice to have an expert along…and I value his input.”

Kurt met Matt’s gaze and lifted his brow curiously as he tried to gauge his reaction on the suggestion.

Finally, he stepped back from the table and shook his head with a wan smile. “I also need to talk to my wife,” he noted solemnly. “I have to let her down easy on this one.”

TAG: LordTroepfchen

3. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jane
    The House, New York

"Are you okay?" Her uncle asked stepping closer as the man she was hunting just disappeared. Her uncle seemed much less perturbed by what just happened, a man teleporting around the room and he treated it like nothing. "Now I understand what this is all about."

"He should have killed us." Jane mentioned eyes looking down. She had just been defeated, by something she didn’t understand. "He had every opportunity to do so and he didn’t take it." Also she didn’t understand that either. He should have killed them, they could do nothing to stop him. Now they could continue to hunt him.

"The last number. He wants to talk to you." Her uncle handed over his phone, "Be nice. He appears to be much softer than he is." he added with a smile.

She took the phone and hit last number.

"Hello." she said in her professional tone, following her uncle’s advice.

4. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    White House, Situation Room, Washington D.C.

Matt shook his head. "No. We can talk to nobody. Whoever our enemies think has information might be in danger." He looked at the table as if there was a secret solution to their problems to be found.

"We are uncovering the biggest conspiracy in the history of our country. Maybe even worse than this. We simply cannot take any risk." He sighed. "I will have us cleared for Camp David and we take another route. With the thread to your life by LEGO, everybody will believe it."

He made his way to the door. "And I get Cale and stop the thing with the boy. If it can be stopped. I heard, that they are closing in on him already."

Motel, New York

No sign of Simmons. Nothing. But when Maria opened her laptop she saw there had been a connection.

Also she saw someone was looking for her in the network.

Tag: TheSithGirly

House at 27th

"This is General Meyers. I think your Uncle already explained who I am. Jane, I understand you prefer to be called Jane, I know you will hear a lot about who is authorized by who and who has to say what about anything. Forget all of it. I am member of the NSC and personally authorized by the President of the United States of America." He allowed the words to sink in for a moment.

"The three subjects on the list must be captured alive. We will have a team on the ground to assure that. Adrian Simmons and Maria Liang must be eliminated. That is your job. Do you understand your orders?"

Tag: galactic-vagabond422

Ktala and HanSolo29 like this.
  5. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    The House, New York

"This is General Meyers." Jane heard on the other end of the call. "I think your Uncle already explained who I am. Jane, I understand you prefer to be called Jane," She slightly narrowed her eyes at her uncle. Jane was her real name, the one her parents gave her. However they gave her another name, one only close family knew. Did this general know that one was well, did Owen tell him? "I know you will hear a lot about who is authorized by who and who has to say what about anything. Forget all of it. I am member of the NSC and personally authorized by the President of the United States of America."

That made things clearer, he was the one calling the shots now. No matter if or what Simmons said, he was no longer in command of her. She let out a sigh of relief, things were getting simpler in her life.

"The three subjects on the list must be captured alive. We will have a team on the ground to assure that. Adrian Simmons and Maria Liang must be eliminated. That is your job. Do you understand your orders?"

The freelancer nodded her head. "Yes sir eliminate Liang and Simmons." she said in a cold tone. Her boss and ally the day before were now her targets. This didn’t trouble her at all. Contacts change, targets change, it did no good getting emotional or getting attached. As well she would be hunting normal people, not freaks like whatever that man was. She still had her phone still had a line of communication with Simmons and Liang. She also knew where at least one of them was going to be in the next few hours. Simmons on the other hand would be difficult his paranoia affecting his decisions. However possibly telling him that Mr. Anderson was dead would be enough to draw him out, or at the very least get him to let slip his location.

She waited quietly for any further instructions from the general before hanging up.

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Situation Room/Corridor, The White House, Washington D.C.

Kurt inwardly winced as Matt stated the obvious and warned him about possibly endangering others through association. While he understood that Matt probably had good intentions, the manner in which he presented it rubbed him the wrong way. Of course he was aware of the dangers involved – he wasn’t about to divulge sensitive information to his wife, or anyone else for that matter. He wasn’t stupid. He only wanted to fulfill his duty as a husband and father and inform his wife that he was going away for a while. Very simple, very discreet…

Inclining his chin, Kurt made a point to maintain his silence as he gave his friend a hard look. It was clear from his expression that he was trying to practice some restraint. He wanted to protest, and yet…

"We are uncovering the biggest conspiracy in the history of our country,” came Matt's poignant reply. “Maybe even worse than this. We simply cannot take any risk."

He was right.

Lowering his gaze, he sighed and nodded slowly with acceptance. That statement provided some much-needed clarity. In a sense, he was being selfish. This was no longer about him; they owed it to the American people to find out what was truly going on and to stop this threat before it could unravel time and everything else they held dear. It needed closure.

Stepping back, Kurt crossed his arms over his chest and encouraged Matt to continue. “I will have us cleared for Camp David and we take another route. With the threat to your life by LEGO, everybody will believe it."

“We need to be on point with this,” he added with obvious concern. “No cracks in the armor, so to speak. They need to believe that I actually arrived at Camp David and will be there through the weekend. We can’t make anyone suspicious, or we risk blowing our cover. I don’t have any doubts about you, but we can’t do this alone.” He trailed off and allowed Matt to fill in the blanks. No doubt he was referring to the pilot, his security detail, and others of the flight crew. He required their loyalty through this.

As his mind continued to wander, he started to pace. “We should also consider our next step – once we have all the facts, how do we intend to present our case and fend off the opposition? Do we reveal it at all? I don’t know what we’ll find in Alaska, but we have to assume the worst and prepare now for any public unrest. You know the media will have a field day with this either way. And that doesn’t even account for the impact this will have in-house with our own people. Meyers, Taylor…who else?”

A frown crossed his features as he stopped pacing and placed his hands on the back of one of the chairs lining the table. “We need to clean house, Matt,” he noted with a sigh. “It’s not going to be easy, but we don’t have a choice. I need people around me I can trust. When we get back, I want you to set up a meeting with Greg. I’d like to speak with him about our options.”

Of course, he was referring to the attorney general. They would have to tread carefully through this entire process, and Greg would ensure that they dotted all their i’s and crossed all their t’s. They couldn’t afford to make a mistake, especially when dealing with the military.

Running a hand through his hair, Kurt finally turned for the door and sighed as he resigned himself to the difficult task ahead. But before he could pass through into the corridor, he heard Matt’s voice coming up from behind.

I’ll get Cale and stop the thing with the boy…if it can be stopped,” he offered solemnly. “I heard that they are closing in on him already."

Dammit!

That’s not what he wanted to hear...

“That’s not good enough, Matt,” he warned as he resumed his forward motion and stepped out into the adjoining hallway. He couldn’t bring himself to accept that outcome. The boy deserved better. “Make sure it gets done. I’m not interested in excuses.”

Without waiting for an acknowledgement, he picked up the pace and put some distance between them. He had a few things to square away before Marine One arrived on the South Lawn.

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    COMBINE W/LordTroepfchen

Kyle (Daniel Jackson)
    The Church, New York

**GASP!**

The sound made Kyle freeze. How?!! How had he found him, and suddenly showed up with no warning. Kyle slowly turned his head. There was Sebastian. He stared at the man, eyes wide. Had he heard his thoughts? Then the man spoke.

“How fitting. I need to confess something, Kyle.” The raspy voice was weak now, but this time undeniable Sebastian’s. But not HIS Sebastian It was the other one. The sick one. A cough. A hissing sound that was probably breathing. Kyle exhaled slowly, letting out the air he had been holding when the dark Sebastian showed up. he stared at the man. "Are you here to tell me, that it was you who put the killers after me?" Kyle made a strange sound. "Already met Lambs." Kyle said softly, his voice held a strange hardness to it. "Or will the other you, see to that?" Kyle was silent now, as he watched the the man who was both his friend.. and not.

"Was Lambs right?" he added.

"Lambs." The man seemed almost confused by the name. Kyle wached as Sebastian 2 paused, as if he didnt known who he was talking about for a moment. And then, he responded. "Yes he is right. I gave them your name."Se2 sighed, making a strange noise. He continued, "I am here to explain you why." He leaned back. "And to ask for your approval to do it again."

Kyle blinked in confusion, as he made a sound of choked laughter. Do it again? Why would he say yes to that? Then again, this Sebastian had seen stuff that Kyle had not. It made no sense. At least, not now.

"Okay." Kyle finally. Impress me. How did this happen, and Why does this need to happen again?" he asked, as he let go of his knees, turning to look at Seb2.

"There are many variations. They always turn out the same. Youngish showboat, the world ends one or two days later. Something goes wrong. Something just gets broken. Time ceases to exist. Something like that." He smiled. "Not here to impress you. Just here to tell you how sorry I am."

Kyle frowns as he listens to the explanation of events about to happen. He was quiet for only a few seconds, before he begins to speaks. "Everyone is sorry..." Kyle stated softly. He looked up at other Seb.

"Then, if there are so many variations, and it always seems to happen, you have no idea of this plan you have put into play will work at all either. It's all guesswork. So younger you did something wrong. Instead of killing everyone, why didnt you just try to stop whatever did this to us in the first place? Something or someone had to do something...."

Kyle sighed deeply then.

"Im sorry too. You ... you were ok." Kyle gave a quirky smile. "But I cant agree with something that deffinately has not worked before. Lambs seems to be drawn to an area, every time the local version of himself dies. Someone is looping time... and I dont think its any of us. So no. I already know the club is a trap. But something is missing..."

Kyle shook his head, a sad look crossing over his face. "So, I guess I'm alone again..."

Kyle coudlnt add what he guessed. That Sebastian would come for him.
    Future Sebastian looked at him and nodded. "You have power Kyle. Believe me nothing makes you as lonely as power."

And with these words he was gone.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu Combined with the Source aka LordT
    Anderson & Anderson Gentlemen Clothing

He had gone through the measurements and the jacket they had provided actually looked cool on Kawin. He had never really felt cool in his life, and this seemed to sooth old wounds from his failed marriage that nearly made him want to buy a burn phone and text his ex a picture. A sort of, look at me now, kind of moment. Then again, what was the look at me now? Mutant on the run from a government that wants to kill him by running closer to said government? Sounded like one of those X or Y men movies that had been so popular a couple years ago.

Of course the jacket he was wearing was not just cool looking, it was cool. The dressing booth he was in was of one of the few shops in town selling protective gentleman clothing, and it had a huge oversized mirror to show every aspect of it. It actually looked natural, you couldn't tell by looking at it that it would stop the average grain everyday bullet or knife and protect the wearer. Which meant nothing if it was more than a handgun or a higher grain bullet, but this was where something is better than nothing.

One of those short failings was already evident, as the shock of seeing that man in a grey hoodie again. At first he had wondered, based on the musings of his 'British Allied Sponsor', if it had merely been just a moment for the man. Although as the shock turned to adrenaline and he began to take in the mans features he noted the hoodie wasn’t all grey anymore. It was soaked in blood. Up til now he had not moved but had frozen at the sight of the man, taking note of the changes, seeing the skin was paler, worse somehow.

“Looks good on you. But won’t be necessary. They cannot kill you anyway.” The raspy voice sounded almost friendly. “We need to talk, Kawin.”

"Yes. As Paradoxes are not so deadly as American's believe, I believe we do." he simply stated back as he walked to his discarded jacket, and picking it up walked toward this man in a Grey Hoodie. "You talk, I'll apply pressure." he simply with an open gesture as he waited to see if the man would take a proffered seat so Kawin could have a look. He had never had to deal with gunshot wounds before, not in people where you do something to save them, but they were every hunters secret nightmare most tried not to think about. He wished he had the clot patch with him that he takes hunting that was supposed to stabilize you long enough to get a few hours to a hospital, but the basic was always the same. Apply pressure, and do not let up.

"No need. No pressure will save me." He smiled. "I am here to ask you for your help. Not for me, but ... the other me ... these things are terribly complicated, are they?" He sat down. "Not much time."

The blood was coming from both sides of the wound. The shot had caused terrible damage. An experienced hunter knew immediately, that this had been no ordinary bullet. "So a simple question, that asks for a simple answer. If dying would save the world, would you be ready to die?"

Looking at the wound he knew it was beyond him. Maybe if he had the clotting kit, he could help, but pressure would likely be a half measure at best. Still, he tried to keep up. Listening to the words of 'other me' and 'complicated' and 'simple question'. None of the words seemed adequate for what they were dealing with.

Still there was only one answer, "No. Not until I was sure it would actually save it, and not merely be like me putting pressure on your wound. I met a man who said he was responsible for us having these abilities, who knows what caused them, though he would not say what." Sighing in frustration he looked at the man with the accent and tried to keep his focus on the mans eyes, "Just giving up is like hanging up on that annoying telemarketer or person that is never happy with their service. You feel good for a day, it's an easy solution, but tomorrow will be worse."

"Oh believe me I have never given up. I just watched you end the world so often, that I realized I cannot save everybody. But if your friend who caused all this will make it all good again tonight, I guess you can turn it all around afain. Otherwise you will have to die." He sighed and his face became a grimace because the breathing seemed to cause pain. "I am sorry about it. Just wanted to let you know. I tried everything else."

He looked at Kawin and leaned against the wall.

Kawin made a bit of a face at the calling of the British man his 'friend', but was there to say about it? Brushing past that all seemed so much more important, especially with the words about him having to die after failing to save the world so many times, "He said he would need the one who can freeze time. My visions or whatever were of no help, and he said you were close but not quiet enough. I don't know whom he means, but told him about the meeting tonight. As well as about the city burning. Although now that I know I fail, perhaps I should just head out into the woods someplace, enjoy my last moments of this world?"

"It's odd being told you have failed many times and having no memory of it, and so being doomed to make the same mistakes." Grinning he laughed as he fixed his glasses, "Like an old teacher used to say, those who fail to know their history are doomed to repeat it. I suppose to you that is very literal isn't it?"

Sebastian loved back. "No your teacher had no idea. Those who know exactly what will happen cannot avoid failure either." He sighed then and wiped the blood from his mouth. "You can do whatever you feel like. But you really have nothing to fear. It is your past version that will die." He nodded. "And he will never know why."

The man forced himself up. "Gotta go. One more to visit and I am running out of time."

Smiling with a bit of sadness at the man he simply sighed, "Paradox, by knowing the problem and solving it you cause it. A leads to B which leads to C which causes A."* It was a shameless quote from Star Trek Voyager, but it applied he felt. It might of only been a show as well as the other Star Trek's but it was all he truly had a reference in all of this crazy world that he has lived in for nearly two days. "I wish you luck in saving the world, but for some reason I don't feel like you succeed."

"Thank you." It was all the dying man said, before vanishing before his eyes. Leaving nothing but a pool of blood behind to proof he was ever there.

Reaching down he could not help the still small voice in the back of his mind. 'This is not real. It is a dream to wake up from.' It was from this voice that he dipped his finger into the blood. Swirling it slightly he raised that finger to his face and smelled it, inhaling the copper. Making that blood, that visitation real.

Looking around he sighed, and with a perverse thought he shrugged, "Gonna die without even knowing it anyways." he muttered to no one as he sucked the finger dry. Standing he looked for his things and to leave. He needed a new phone, and he had a couple calls to make, and a bit extra to pay when he left. He was sure leaving a pool of blood in the dressing room was not covered by his simply buying the insanely expensive jacket.

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins @LordTroepfchen

HanSolo29 likes this.
  9. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO and FLEGO
    Alley, New York

He turned and slowly walked over to the ... who was this? His future self?

The man was bleeding. It was so bad he almost stepped into the spreading pool of blood. Silence. A frozen city and the remorseless hustling of a man fighting to breath. The sound of a man running out of time.

"Oh this irony." Sebastian went to one knee and looked at the pale, dying version of himself. So familiar, so alien. "Why did you not stop time?" He asked directly.

"Too weak. Underestimated the poison. Painkillers. All that." His future self was fighting for every word. Sebastian nodded simply.

"They won't help you." The raspy voice said then. "The others. They are both putting their survival above that of humanity."

Sebastian nodded. "Everybody tries to save himself. Only human." He looked around. "Not you." He then added. "Not you either." The dying man answered. "Makes two of us." He added. Sebastian looked at him. "Not so sure about that, actually."

They laughed. It was painful for his dying self. But they laughed together. When the laughing had stopped Sebastian saw the other man fighting to stay conscious.

"You could go back and prevent it from happening ..." Sebastian felt stupid even suggesting it.

"Why would I? My time is up. Question is, will you take over?" The dying self closed his eyes. Sebastian had to smirk. "Of course, you know that."

"Maybe I need to hear it? Maybe you need to tell me why you do it, so I can remember why ... I endured all of this?" He opened his eyes and they were almost pleading to hear it.

Sebastian sighed. He had thought about little else since they had met. Thoughts probably all too familiar to the dying man.

"You find a million reasons not to. So many. It is all so very insecure. What if it will not work? What if ... but truth is ... five people. Against the world. Doesn't matter how sure we are. We cannot take the risk."

He looked below him. "But there is more. There is something else."

The dying self sat up at the wall. "Yes." It was all he said.

"I once read a theological essay about what they called determinism. Did God know everything? Is he omniscient? If so, wouldn't it be enough to move the very first atom and watch the known outcome unfold?" He sighed and slowly took out the gun. "But if he does not know what is he?" Sebastian looked up again. "A gambler?"

"It doesn't matter what we know ... what we are is ..."

"Unnatural." His dying self completed the sentence. "We are not gifted. We are not comic book heroes. We are anomalies. Cale was right. We are dangerous."

The dying man nodded. Sebastian kept on talking.

"Time. What do I know about things like time? But Cale is right, we are playing here with a fundamental law of physics. We should not do that. We should not be allowed to do that."

"I know." With a sad smile the dying self leaned back and closed his eyes.

"One last question." Sebastian asked.

"Yes?"

"Who is Arthur Mulligan?"

The eyes of his dying self never opened. "Never heard of him."

Sebastian was a bit irritated. The plane. Had he not got him from the plane ... he wanted to say something, when he saw that there would be no answer.

The other Sebastian was dead. Sighing Sebastian stood up. Now there was only him.

Unfreezing time he sighed and made his way out of the alley, picking up his phone to call the police.

Tag: LordTroepfchen

HanSolo29 likes this.
  10. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    White House, Situation Room, Washington D.C.

Matt nodded and turned to leave the room. He was obviously irritated by his friend and President and his irrational behavior. They had been on isolation mode for twenty minutes. The thing with the boy could easily have happened minutes ago already. But as always he did his duty.

The President was left alone. Secret Service agents Matt trusted were recruited, Camp David was prepared and Prof. Cale was discreetly brought to the Mariner One. Everything was prepared.

Then on his PDA a single message arrived. LEGO aka Sebastian Klein had been found dead in New York. Two streets away someone had written words with blood to wall, adding a rudimentary LEGO tag.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but a whimper.

Matt had send it. His only comment. "Simmons is still active."

ooc: Please move on to the helicopter and I will pick up when you approach Antville.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  11. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    ooc: Combined with TSG, which I post because she is away ...

Motel, New York

Maria froze in front of the screen and then allowed herself to half sit, half collapse on the bed. Simmons had tricked her. He had accessed her computer ... she immediately knew why.

Their location. He was still hunting them.

Closing her eyes she considered her next steps carefully. A few hours. All she had and all he had were a few more hours. He had a plan. That was obvious. She had the power of the President of the United States of America behind her ... and no idea what to do now.

Simmons had to die. But who could she trust? Picking up the phone she wished she had the talent of the woman she was posing.

Picking up the phone she dialed the only number she had. And the phone rang. He did not pick up. She was alone and she had lost control. Exactly how Simmons worked. Weakening her before moving in for the kill.

Tag: TheSithGirly

House at 27th

"Good hunting." And with these words Meyers hung up and her Uncle took the phone back.

"I will really feel better to wait outside this Club." He smiled a sad, tense smile and put the mobile back into his pocket.

Streets of New York

There was no getting away with this now. Adrian Simmons knew that and he had allowed himself five minutes to cope with the fact that tonight he would save the world and also die. The President himself had turned against him. Maria, too. Jane and the others were probably turned this very moment.

Sitting on a simple bench he smiled. At least all uncertainty was now gone.

He had killed so many. Death was an old buddy and he would be busy tonight. Touching the Vicker-device to his right he knew exactly what he had to do now.

Washington D.C., Pentagon

Taylor was folding his hand behind his back looking at the wall of honor showing the names of those who died at 9/11.

"We could have prevented it. You know? That is their blood on our hands." Meyers had almost sneaked up.

"So much blood on our hands, hard to say whose it is anymore. Have you arranged everything?"

Meyers stepped next to him and nodded. "How many will die this time to protect our secret, hm?"

Taylor did not even look at him. "A few million." He simply said. "How many do we save?"

"The rest." Mayers replied, tired of the argument. They had played this game so often. "Why did you not come to me? When you heard about it? Why Antville?"

Taylor sighed. "Simmons proposed it. Sounded like a good idea." He finally turned his head to Mayers. "One more thing. Professor Jared, he talked to a Brit called Mulligan. You know about it?"

Mayers nodded. "He is in New York. He will die with the rest of them."

Taylor nodded. "Perfect."

The two men stood there in silence and waited for the other to speak. Mayers was the first to break the silence.

"What about the President? He is a good man."

Taylor shrugged. "He is weak. You heard him back there. Talk to them. He wants to negotiate. There will be nothing left to negotiate with by midnight. Let him end his term and our friend will certainly find ways to remove him from power should it be necessary."

"Our friend ..." Mayers sighed. "When did we get so used to treason, General?"

Taylor turned his head back to the names. "The day we understood what was at stake, of course."

"We are slaves now to a chain of event not our making. Servants of a dark design. I don't trust ... the plan. I don't trust her."

"Yet you will serve it. Or you wouldn't be here." Taylor turned and walked away without a word.

"You know what they say about free will, do you Taylor?" Mayers almost shouted.

"That it is an illusion." Taylor answered and kept on walking away.

"It is what makes us human." Mayers answered his own question.

Antville, Alaska

And the dominoes kept falling. A smile. A sigh. Closed eyes that saw everything. Closed eyes who could see in a world full of blind.

The Source was dead. The dying had begun. Tick Tock. Tick. Tick. Tick.

And the domino pieces kept on falling, each brought down by another falling piece. A series of failures that made a cacophony of events into ... a perfect symphony.

"Prepare for the President. He will soon be here." The woman whispered. And they did as they were told.

Tag: Nobody

ooc: DarkLordoftheFins, Mitth_Fisto, TheSithGirly, galactic-vagabond422, Ktala: Please move on to the club and none of you has problems entering. I take over once you are inside. Anything you need, shoot a pm.

12. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego
    Motel, New York

Staring at a blank wall he almost fell his head burst from thoughts. 48 hours ago he had felt spraying political messages to a wall gave him power. Now he suddenly was feeling powerless, also he had the power to stop time itself.

Oh irony old friend.

Cale had been wrong. His future self vanished and no paradox had ended the world. Yet the end was coming. So the Professor would not be able to help. He would have to do it himself.

Slowly he stood up and looked into the the mirror. There was something ... something had happened when Future Sebastian died, that might explain a lot. Sebastian had missed it at first, but then slowly realized the full extend of his observation only over the next hour. He had to act now. He understood this. But could he? Could he move through time? Could he ... bend time? If he could travel back, could he travel forward?

He decided there was only one way to find out. He had to try.

The Club. He had wondered if coming here made sense at all. But he had to. He felt he had to give them a chance. Pulling his hands into his jeans he did not look like clubbing actually. Jeans and a grey hoodie. Sneakers. But he would not have problems to get inside of course.

Midnight. He decided to show up late.

Tag: LordTroepfchen [/i]

13. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Maria Liang, Motel, New York

So Simmons would be there. So would Sebastian, Kawin and Kyle. With their incredible powers. Jane, Rutherford and Joel had gotten the address, too. She wondered if she would be able to control them. God only knew who else would show up.

This was a situation beyond her control. She would have to improvise. Something she did not like.

She took the little black dress she had taken from Elena's bag and put it on. A fancy dress. A handbag for her gun. She had no Accessoires, no jewelry. But that was fine. Actually looking into the mirror she realized she looked pretty ... "hot".
    That might even help with a bunch of men.

The gun was checked, the magazine filled with bullets. She took the mobile of Elena, but not her own or her laptop. Simmons had access to those. Instead she would burn them in the bath tub. Leave nothing behind.

When she was done Maria looked at the woman in the mirror and closed her eyes. She had never felt love for Simmons, but she had been intimate with him. Something inside of her hoped it would not be her pulling the trigger when the unavoidable moment came to pass. With this thought she showed herself a warm smile. Then her face froze into her usual determined state. She was young, inexperienced and eager. She was the wrong woman for tonight. But she was clever and she had put herself into a very good position.

A message made her mobile vibrate. Kawin. The city would burn tonight. Yeah, even without visions she figured that one out. He suggested relocating. But there would be no relocating.

NO. NO RUNNING.

She simply replied. If anybody could do something about this impending Desaster it was them. Not Simmons, not her, not even the damned President. She had orders to capture them, nobody said she couldn't save New York first.

Leaving Maria behind Elena left the motel and took a cab to the Club. She would go in straight, have the bouncers bribed and wait in the VIP lounge as she would be expected to. The great game Simmons had once called this. Where a calm head and superior information assured your survival and everything else was only baggage.

She was ready to play.

Tag: LordT

14. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    After Anderson & Anderson Gentlemen Clothing, streets of NYC

He had gone through the motions. Claimed a clotting disorder a bit tongue to get him out of there with only a little extra money spent. Next was of course the easiest side task he had given himself yet. He stopped at a street vendor in a city that never sleeps and bought a couple of flip phones for cash.

Opening one he quickly dialed the memorized number to try and call his saving grace that had kept him alive this past day. Only to stop and hang up after the second ring. Shaking his head he looked around, "Eh, couldn't hear her let alone me over all this." he muttered before pulling up the text function.

[JUST HAD A VISITOR. CITY BURNS TONIGHT. SHOULD WE CHANGE THE MEETING?]

The answer was plain and simple. NO. NOT RUNNING.

Shaking his head he had continued on his journey. He had taken time in a place he would never normally go. He already knew all he would normally do would change nothing, so instead he stopped in a Yoga studio and tried to find peace and focus on his powers. Tried to will to see or do something over again. But the night was short and his attention divided before the meeting. To be honest with how this was going he wasn't sure if he had done anything or if time was just crawling before the meeting.

He already knew he would have to bribe a bouncer to get in. But he had to go, if just to see, if just maybe. . .the Grey Hoodie was wrong.

15. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    The House, New York

Jane handed the phone back to her uncle her head clear. She now had two targets and she knew where they were going to be, Great Expectations.

"I will really feel better to wait outside this Club." Her uncle said putting his phone away.

"Yeah," she would feel much better having him near by in the building with her. But, he was getting old. He still had skills and could probably still handle this situation all on his own but, he had a family now. Jane might have been heartless to many but, she wouldn't take Owen away from Natalie. She was like a sister to her, probably the only person Jane would willingly put her life on the line for.

"We'll keep in touch." She held up the phone. "Let's get going then." Getting into the car she centered herself preparing for the violence that was to come. She wouldn't come in the front door, not if she could help it. She wasn't dressed for clubbing, not that she had access to the clothing necessary to look the part. No she would make entry through a back entrance picking the lock if she needed to. If anyone asked what she was doing in the back she'd put up a tough front saying she was security for a VIP in the bar. Most people look away when you identify yourself as someone with a weapon and the capability to kill you in one blow.

Maria would be the easy one, she had no idea Jane had been turned against her. Simmons would be harder, he knew or at the very least suspected that she was now arrayed against him. However her best plan was waiting for him to make his move then striking hopefully taking them both out in one fell swoop.

It would still be a bit until the club was open and Jane doubted she would be allowed to skulk around place for a few hours so she returned to Owen's house to grab a bite to eat and possibly get ahold flash bangs. She realized during the fight with that man that he could be taken by surprise. If she could blind and deafen him, that might shut down whatever he was doing to disappear. However setting off that in a crowded club might start a ruckus so it would be a last resort.

As the time drew closer she disassembled her weapon cleaning in making sure it was in perfect working order. The last thing she wanted was her gun jamming when she needed it most.

With her gun put back together and hidden under her jacket she made her way back out with Owen to the club leaving him to wait outside while she made her entry.

She wasn't nervous, wasn't scared. She had a plan, she had her targets.

What more could she ask for.

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: The last half of this post is a combo with LordT. And again, I apologize for the length. I guess I didn't get voted 'most-winded roleplayer' for nothing! :p

Oval Office, The White House, Washington D.C., then Marine One, in-transit

After a short walk, Kurt had returned to the Oval Office, where he had asked for privacy while he made preparations for the upcoming journey. Aside from a brief visit from the Secret Service to address some safety concerns, they had respected his wishes. He even went as far as to turn off the flat-screen on the opposite wall so that he could think without the added distraction of the news networks impeding on his thoughts.

It was hard to say how much time had passed as he worked in solitude to carry out the last remaining tasks on his list, but he was soon interrupted by the soft chime and slight vibration of his Blackberry receiving a message.

Kurt reclined back and simply stared at the device where it rested on the edge of the Resolute desk. For a long moment, he considered ignoring it; hadn’t he told them he didn’t want to be disturbed until it was time to leave?

But that would be irresponsible, he thought with some chagrin. He had an obligation, a duty to perform. What would happen if the public ever found out that he had failed to prevent some national crisis because he stubbornly refused to check his messages? That would be more embarrassing – and potentially more damaging – than his erratic behavior over the handling of the boy.

And that had been bad enough.

He winced as he recalled the conversation over the decision and the look of frustration on Matt’s face when they had ultimately parted ways in the hallway – he couldn’t really blame him. From Matt’s perspective, his sudden reversal had come across as an act of desperation. It made him look weak, fearful…uncertain; all attributes that could destroy him if he allowed them to take hold and control his actions.

The people deserved a strong leader, now more than ever. Kurt would have to work harder to ensure that’s what they got; he would deliver.

Tightening his resolve, he shook his head and reluctantly reached across the desk to retrieve the device. As he tapped his thumb against the keypad, the screen illuminated and he quickly realized he had made the right decision. It was from Matt – LEGO was dead; Simmons was still alive and actively on the hunt.

Kurt cursed softly and ran a hand over his jaw as he shakily set the Blackberry back down on the surface of the desk. It was almost bittersweet to learn the news of Sebastian’s passing. He would be lying if he said he was not disappointed. While he could breathe a little easier knowing that the man was no longer a direct threat to his life, they had just lost a major piece in solving this mystery. It was a shame. Hopefully Ms. Liang would not disappoint him further by failing to bring Simmons to justice for these heinous crimes. This was not a promising beginning…

Again, he ran a weary hand over his face, but then paused as his eye caught something resting on the opposite end of the desk. His actions were almost automatic as he leaned forward and pulled the object back to inspect it. It was a single piece of paper, the same piece of paper he had discarded earlier without a second thought – the printout of the Antville graffiti.

His gaze hardened as he studied the stylized depiction of his own face staring back at him. “Ever been to Antville?” he recited the caption mockingly under his breath with a scoff. How ironic. But now it held a whole new meaning – what was LEGO trying to tell him? Was it a warning? What awaited them out there in the Alaskan wilderness? A chill ran down his spine, and he suddenly felt sick to his stomach as he started to consider the implications…

“Mr. President?”

At the sound of the voice, Kurt quickly folded the paper and slipped it into his suit coat as he looked up wordlessly.

Tim Collins was standing at the door leading out to the West Colonnade. A Secret Service agent with over fifteen-years experience, he was a hardened veteran with a cool disposition. He knew how to get the job done, which is why Matt had probably recruited him to act as lead for the presidential detail for this trip. He was one of the few they could trust.

“They’re ready for you, sir,” he continued as he stepped fully into the room.

Kurt nodded and glanced at his watch. It was time. Without a word, he gathered what little belongings he had and stepped around the desk to join Collins. Before they exited, he paused on the threshold and turned back to give the Oval Office a long look, burning it into his memory. A feeling of dread washed over him, almost as if he was afraid he’d never see it again…

He shook that thought from his mind and followed Collins outside, where they were soon joined by a second agent.

The air was still quite crisp for late spring as the security detail escorted Kurt hurriedly across the South Lawn to where the single VH-60N “White Hawk” helicopter – more commonly known as Marine One – awaited him for departure. As they approached, he observed the bare sidelines usually reserved for the press and smiled with appreciation. Matt had apparently done his job well.

If only he would have been a little more considerate when it came to their accommodations.

It’s not that he didn’t like to ride in Marine One; he appreciated the hard work and dedication of the men and women who maintained the fleet and allowed him to travel with relative ease. No, in this case, it was a matter of logistics. Making a cross-country journey in the back of a cramped passenger compartment sounded painful, even with the installation of additional features to ensure comfort for the occupants of the presidential helicopter. In the end, there simply wasn’t a lot of room to maneuver. He was already dreading the sore limbs and aching muscles that would result from sitting for hours on end in the tight quarters.

But he also understood they didn’t have much of a choice. Transferring to Air Force One was not possible, not if they wanted to remain discreet about this operation. The aircraft was too famous and would draw too much attention anywhere it went. He also doubted that Antville had the capabilities to properly accommodate a large 747 aircraft. There was no telling how far they would have to travel by car to reach their destination if they opted for the closest airport instead. They didn’t have that kind of time.

With a reluctant sigh, Kurt carried on and saluted the two Marine officers standing at the base of the stairs before climbing up into the interior of the helicopter. He noted that Matt, Professor Cale, and two additional Secret Service agents were already on board when he arrived. His face remained impassive as he nodded to each in turn and habitually unbuttoned his coat before settling down into his chair.

As they got on their way, he did not speak, but casually turned and observed the passing terrain outside his window as he reflected on the events of the past few hours. Most prevalent was the tension that continued to linger between himself and Matt over recent decisions, but that seemed superficial compared to the potential danger that loomed ahead. It was like a dark cloud that hung heavily over the passenger cabin, and he couldn’t help but wonder – were they making a mistake?

The helicopter banked to the northwest over the Potomac before steadily climbing to reach their cruising altitude just beyond the city limits. As things leveled out, Kurt sighed and set the Blackberry on his lap as if he intended to do more work, but instead of focusing his attention on the small screen, he turned to regard the professor sitting adjacent to him. The man did not betray his emotions, but even then, it was probably in his best interests to ease some of the tension.

“I want to thank you for accepting my invitation, professor,” he conveyed with humility as he offered a small smile. “I know it must’ve been a difficult decision with so many unknown forces working against us, but I truly believe you can help us solve this. You’re doing your country a great service.” He inhaled deeply and averted his gaze for a brief moment before gesturing to the interior of the aircraft with some levity. “Besides, how often can you say that you had the chance to ride along in Marine One?”

Professor Cale gave him a look that pretty clearly expressed the "honor" to be in Marine One was nothing he appreciated too much. "Answers are what we need right now, Mr. President. And I already endured a meeting with those SEC people, why not a ride in a helicopter." He lay his leg over the other and looked at Matt and the President as they took off. "Whatever it is, from what your aide here told me we are up for quite a ride."

Matt raised his brow at being identified as an aide and then smiled. “Professor, you have no idea."

This wasn’t how Kurt had envisioned the conversation to unfold. A wry grin came over his features as he studied the professor under a crucial eye – it was the least he could do to hide his indignation over the man's flippant response. While Cale was a real prodigy in his chosen field, he was positively insufferable when it came to social engagements and interacting with others outside of his network. He was not easily impressed and very crass in his approach, which seemed to suggest that he was simply too smart for his own good. It was one of many reasons why Kurt preferred not to associate with the members of the science committee.

Clearing his throat to regain his composure, the President leaned forward, propping his elbow on the armrest casually. “I think what Matt is trying to say is that we’ve recently come into possession of some new information that could potentially blow this thing wide open."

He was all business as he exchanged a quick glance with Matt and nodded. Now that they were on their way, he felt confident that it was safe enough to fill Cale in on a few details about the mission. “Do you remember what you asked me this morning? If we were conducting experiments to manipulate time?” He sighed softly and shook his head in disbelief. “Well, maybe your theory wasn’t so outrageous after all, professor. That’s our goal here today…to find the truth.”

Cale looked at him for a long moment. Then he nodded and looked out of the window. "Are we going to a Mansfield facility? I was asked this morning what I know about them by the General."

“Mansfield?” Kurt repeated as he narrowed his eyes, clearly trying to place the name. When he had no luck, he slowly shook his head. As far as he knew, the facility was owned and operated by the military; no one had mentioned Mansfield before. Cale’s inquiry had caught him off guard. He inhaled deeply and looked over at Matt to see if he had answers, his brow furrowed with concern. But again, it was the professor who answered.

"Private funded research facilities. They offered me a job a while back, but I believe they take their research into the wrong direction."

The President nodded as he took all of this in. When dealing with something on this level, it made sense for the military to collaborate with an outside organization to ensure results. He was almost certain there was a connection, but just how far did their influence reach? Was the military running Mansfield? Or was it the other way around?

“Why did the General want to know about that?” he pressed the professor carefully, his tone bordering on elusive. “Did he say?” His face turned grim as he pressed his lips together into a thin line. “And which General? What did you tell him?”

Cale looked out of the window. "The bald one asked, Taylor I think?" He seemed little excited by the trip with the President. "Told him nothing. He was a bit too military for my taste."

Then he turned to the President. "Actually, we might find answers where we are going. The timing of their appearance hints that this newly found powers are man-made. If this was one of your experiments, we need to shut it down."

The President inclined his head and sat back, seeming to consider the professor’s suggestion. While his expression remained pensive, something flashed in his eyes…something insatiable, almost feral. The revelation that these powers were man-made triggered the response, but when he spoke again, it quickly passed. “I agree completely, Mr. Cale,” he professed as he spread his hands. “That appears to be the best course of action under the circumstances, but I’d rather not make that call until we’re absolutely certain about what is hiding out there in the Alaskan wilderness.”

He shrugged and gave the professor a pointed look. “But if there’s a chance…even a small one…” He bowed his head and offered a small smile. “Hell, we’re making history here. As a scientist, wouldn’t you like to be a part of that if given the opportunity?”

Cale just looked at him. Then he smiled. "Mr. President, if this goes wrong history will be the one thing that absolutely certainly doesn't exist anymore. The past is only the past as long as our rules of time apply. With other words, no ... I don't wanna be part of the historical event that ends along history."

Cale turned to the window and fell silent, obviously tense about how this conversation had went.

As the professor turned away, Kurt clenched his jaw and studied the other man’s profile under a steely gaze. Despite his belief that scientists had a tendency for being overly dramatic, the professor’s warning still managed to leave an impression. It had planted itself as a slight nagging at the back of his mind, insistently pushing deeper and deeper in an attempt to convince him to do the right thing. But what was the right thing?

That was the question that occupied Kurt’s mind for the remainder of their journey.

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle (Daniel Jackson)
    The Church, New York

Kyle stared at the spot that Sebastian has been. Well, the sick one at least. Was it the use of his power or something else? Kyle would never know. Not that it really mattered. But his friend... Was he still his friend? Or was he playing the roll all over again, one that so far, had not worked. Kyle drew up his knees, resting his chin as he sat in thought.

He could simply stay at the church. He knew it was a trap. Maybe the bad stuff would not happen, if he didnt show up. It was a tempting idea.

But...

He would be alone. If Sebastian had 'changed', and if he already learned the same trick the sick one had just done, then he could show up where Kyle was. And Kyle would be alone. He wasnt sure if he could handle Sebastian alone. Kyle shoook at the thought. And what if Lambs was lying? Some of his ramblings didnt make sense. Some possibly did. But it was like something was missing.

*Sigh...*

Kyle looked up. He could run. Just simply run.

No, he coudlnt. Not really.

Probably same problem. Kyle looked down at himself. He then stood up, slowly. Kyle looked at his reflection in a window. If he had a chance to meet the others, maybe then he would have a chance that someone would help. Course, that meant if they got the chance before others tried to kill them.

Kyle suddenly ran up some stairs to the next level. He scanned the area, looking to see if he could see anyone either on the streets, on on the roof. He had an idea. Once his scans revealed nothing, he would leave the church and head down the street. He was searching for a tailor, or suit shop. Or anyplace that sold adult clothing. Dying his hair was one thing, but if he was to appear as an adult, he wanted to dress it as well. Sebastian had given him a wad of cash. Enough for him to take care of his looks. Even a Walmart would do the job. Once Kyle found what he was looking for, he changed clothing. A very nice suit. Two actually, changed shoes, and moved from his ratty old backpack, to a more professional looking backpack. He didnt think a briefcase would be right, and he was scared that he would get it stolen. But high business Tech dudes, wore backpacks all the time. He used to watch the herds, as they went to work in DC. He picked up a very nice bottle of cologne. Never used the stuff, be he figured that most others did. Nothing too strong. It felt weird, and the clothing felt rather stiff, but he wanted to look the part. He even managed to find someplace to get a quick haircut. Once he was done with everything, he rearranged how he hid his funds. In his new wallet, he did place a small amount of cash. He bought a card, so that he could put money for it. Not too much. But being able to whip out a credit card, seemed more natural if he was playing as an adult. A new phone was also in order. They were pretty cheap at least. Nothing fancy. Oh, he also grabbed an umbrella, and a hat. And some glasses. Low res. And sunglasses for later.

As soon as he was finished, he left the shop. As he made his way, towards where the meeting would be held, using Google Maps to guide him. If it was too far away, he would grab a taxi. If he wasnt worried about folks trying to kill him, this would actually be fun.

He didnt want to arrive to early... or did he? If this was a club, then it should have a pretty jumping crowd. He hoped it would. Though now, he might be a tad too stuffy looking. But then again, that could be a good thing. Kyle left the phone in the church. But he did copy the number for Sebastian. He had it when Sebastian had bought him the ticket, and then transferred it to his phone. He then walked into the club. It seemed like a very busy spot. But Kyle didnt know where the meeting was supposed to take place inside the club. So he took a seat, and ordered a coke.

And he waited, as he slowly sipped on his drink.

Tag: LordTroepfchen

18. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Antville-Installation, Antville, Alaska

They had refueled twice when they arrived there, all their tracks carefully hidden and several misleads established. Just in case somebody looked through the Camp David ruse. Nobody would know they were there, when they entered the region of Antville, Alaska and the Marine One flew low over a frozen and long abandoned city.

"Wonder where they all went to ..." The Professor mused as he looked out of the window.

"Maybe you do not wanna know." Matt sighed and the clicking and clacking of the two Secret Service agents was heard, as they readied their guns.

Then they entered the Mountains and the cockpit informed them, that they were
    closing in on the coordinates provided.

Matt saw it first. "What the hell ... these guys were not short on money." He cursed as they approached the Antville Installation.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/54/10/9a/54109a849f54d3e0b422f360d6c8b89e.jpg

The Professor looked out too and exhaled.

"Going down." The pilot announced and the massive Marine One landed right in front of the installation. The door opened almost immediately and three soldiers in white snow uniforms appeared. Two wear carrying assault rifles and one was folding his hands behind his back and only had a sidearm. The moment the doors opened they were there. The icy cold entered the large heated helicopter immediately.

"Mr. President, welcome to Antville. A pleasure to have you with us." The soldier with the sidearm saluted and seemed a little too unsurprised by this visit. Matt gave Kurt a warning look and stepped outside. Then the Secret Service Agents followed and Kurt and the Professor were last. "What an unexpected honor, Sir." The Soldier said and the name label at his vest identified him as Col. Thompson.

Great Expectations, New York

The Club was massive, crowded and dark. The music was a hammering electronic mix with a relentless bass consuming everything. The neon lights danced like eels escaping suffocation. Everyone was dressed up, everyone was dancing, drinking, flirting. It was a temple of hedonism, unlike any tonight's visitors had probably ever seen. It was a place as public as possible.

Maria had taken her seat in the VIP area early, but in the dark of the Club it was impossible to make out those who entered. She would see them when they arrived up here, as one man just did. She would immediately recognize him as Kawin, the Canadian.

The others had surprisingly little problem entering as their names were all on the VIP list for tonight. Even Kyle passed without a word about him being a minor. Both his real and fake name had been on the list.

Kawin was swiftly guided to the VIP area by a mean looking black giant of a bouncer. There he was left alone, spotting only a single stunning Asian woman in a little black dress sitting in the only occupied both. She recognized him, too.

From up here you could overlook the club, but the people morphed into a mass of moving bodies in the almost dark lower floor.

Kyle had no problem entering either. Surprisingly little problems. But then again this place radiated an insane intensity for a young man like him. He just had got his drink, when a hand was on his shoulder. It was Lambs. "Saw Kawin go upstairs, guess we meet in VIP." He simply said and smiled. "You missed something when you sneaked out. Really something." Lambs smiled and made his way to the VIP. He did not wait for Kyle. Obviously the whole affair in the bus had not gone down too well for him and he wasn't as friendly (or anxious) as he had been in the bus.

Sebastian had been there early, watching everybody arrive including the elder man he had met in the afternoon sitting in an old car. Entering was of course less of a problem for him. But once inside his power would be less effective as the frozen people would be an unpenetratable wall of bodies.

Tag: TheSithGirly, @Mitth-Fisto, DarkLordoftheFins, Ktala, @galaxtic-vagabond422

HanSolo29 likes this.
  19. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Great Expectations Club, New York

Her uncle had held his word and had three young men with guns at the backdoor and three at the front. But these were thugs. Not the material to stop Adrian Simmons. But too much to handle for Maria certainly. There was also her uncle waiting in front of the front door. He had been tense after their strange meeting in the afternoon.

At least they made entering through the back door easy. Once inside though, Jane could clearly see how right her uncle had been. A crowded and over-populated place like this with only two exits. Once the killing begun, panic would spread pretty soon.

Maria was easy to find. On the upper floor in the VIP area with restricted access she was hard to overlook. But no trace of Simmons yet. Instead there was another familiar face. Rutherford was there, standing in the crowd and looking for his prey. Whoever that was.

20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    Great Expectations Club, New York

Walking up to the club had been a simple affair, giving his name and being let in was another. Kawin was swiftly guided to the VIP area by a mean looking black giant of a bouncer. If ever there was a question of brute force needed tonight, he knew who to call, the good ole' bouncer would do as well as a mountie to deescalate a bout of fisticuffs. Frankly with the sea of insanity that was between him and the stairs up he needed that bouncer to make a path for him. The Club was truly massive, crowded and dark in a weird way that was almost like the ill lit interior of a borg ship. Only this wasn't the flashing and sounds of efficiency that greeted his ears, no the music was hammering something that sounded like a hundred computers trying to die as people bounced on the dance floor to the bass that was trying to consume everything and vibrated his very bones. The neon lights danced like eels escaping suffocation only to spread it upon them all. Everyone was dressed up, everyone was dancing, drinking, flirting.

The stray thought escaped his lips as he followed his guide, "If only momma could see me now. . .she would slap me." It was a temple of hedonism, unlike any he had probably ever seen even on TV. It was a place as public as possible and at the same time anonymous as possible. Once up there, with the noise still seeming to be trying to crack through his skull was where he was left alone, well nearly alone. Looking around he spotted only a single stunning Asian woman in a little black dress sitting in the only occupied both. She seemed to recognize him, too.

With a glance back at the mass of moving bodies he had been led through he let out a gust of exhausted air, "My fair lady I presume?" he simply stated with a nod as he moved to the table to take a seat. "I hope you have a way out of town, soon." The reason why was left without any need for explanation, she already knew his concern, his vision, his source. "I would hate to die and fail again to save the world and make the man right."

TAG: TheSithGirly, LordTroepfchen

21. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Elena/Maria
    The Temple of Hedonism aka Great Expectations

Maria . . . Elena had not to wait for long before the first arrived. The Canadian of course. Folding her long legs . . . it was actually surprising how long your legs became when you were wearing high heels, something she usually never did . . . and looked at him. "My fair lady I presume?" He said and she smiled and nodded. "Hello Kawin, good to see you. In person I mean."

"I hope you have a way out of town, soon. I would hate to die and fail again to save the world and make the man right." She looked at him for a moment and then sighed. "Have a seat, you really need to work on your denial-skills. Save the world and begging to run away are not going so well together. But yes, I have a way out of this. Otherwise I wouldn't be here. Other then the rest of you I am trying to save everyone else and not me first and foremost."

Actually that was true. Not for her. But for Elena. She had sacrificed herself and in her last moments had tried to save others and not herself. Not the superficial girl everybody made her, really.

Tag: Mitth_Fisto, LordTroepfchen, all the other party people

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Antville Installation, Antville, AK

The remainder of the flight was uneventful. Other than the brief conversation with Professor Cale right after take-off, Kurt had kept to himself and remained unusually quiet. He did not even engage himself with the idle chitchat between Matt, the Secret Service agents, and occasionally the professor when he felt inclined to participate. His mind was far too unsettled for that; even sleep had eluded him. The professor’s words continued to plague him with a steady onslaught of questions that, so far, he could not find the answers to. In an attempt to alleviate his frustration, he had turned to his Blackberry and the internet to do some research on a few keywords – such as Mansfield – but most results had led to a dead end. At most, he managed to uncover the same company line that the professor himself had fed to him – a privately funded research facility with state-of-the-art methods and technology. It was vague.

A frown had crossed his features at that. Almost too vague.

And then out of the stark white of the landscape below, the facility itself finally loomed into view…

The President leaned closer to the window out of instinct, his jaw slightly unhinged, as he took in the sheer size of the place. Even against the backdrop of the mountains, it was massive! How were they funding something like this? Was this all courtesy of Mansfield? And on top of that, how had they kept it a secret for over a decade? He shook his head and ran a hand over his face. It was all so surreal. In a sense, it was like the Area 51 of the north…except this was real and he was certain they were hiding something far more dangerous than aliens.

After making a brief overhead circuit that provided another breathtaking view of the area, the pilot brought them in for a landing on the flat expanse directly in front of the main installation. Almost on cue, a door on the side of the structure opened and three figures emerged in white military uniforms. They moved as one across the tarmac to receive the occupants of Marine One.

"Mr. President, welcome to Antville,” one of the soldiers announced when the hatch opened. The man clicked his heels together and offered a sharp salute to his Commander-in-Chief. “A pleasure to have you with us.”

As Kurt descended the stairs, he involuntarily shivered, prompting him to bring his overcoat a little tighter around his neck to block out the extreme temperatures. At this point, he wasn’t sure if the reflex was a result of the harsh elements of the frigid landscape, or if it was something else. He couldn’t quite put his finger on it, but something didn’t feel right. It started with the look of caution Matt had given him as he departed the aircraft. His friend was pretty intuitive when it came to that sort of thing, but Kurt knew it ran much deeper than that. Now that he was standing before the soldiers on the tarmac, that feeling of foreboding only increased.

In addition to the two soldiers carrying assault rifles, which was strictly prohibited without Secret Service approval, he noticed that the man who had greeted him – Colonel Thompson, Kurt noted as his eyes grazed his nameplate – was remarkably calm for an unannounced visit by the President of the United States. While the man’s training probably contributed to his professionalism, it was still odd. It was almost like he knew

The President clenched his jaw at that prospect, but forced himself to carry on. He needed answers. Tightening his resolve, his expression hardened as he finally returned the Colonel’s salute and stepped forward.

"What an unexpected honor, sir,” Thompson continued after lowering his hand back to his side.

Kurt narrowed his eyes at the man. Was it really ‘unexpected?’

“You have an impressive operation here, Colonel,” he stated firmly, his countenance carefully guarded. He was not in the mood for pleasantries. “The men here must be proud of their accomplishments. In fact, I heard so much about the place over the last few days, that I just had to take a trip out here to see it for myself.” He flashed a small smile at that remark. “It certainly doesn’t disappoint.”

Inhaling deeply, he continued to watch the two rifle-touting soldiers out of the corner of his eye as he got right into the Colonel’s face, his features now stern. “But I have to admit, I’m not happy, Colonel. Far from it. I’m the goddamned President of the United States – why the hell wasn’t I told about this? I’m not sure if you’re aware of the implications here, but I have reason to believe that you are holding the answers to some very important questions within those walls…answers that may save lives.”

He looked beyond Thompson and nodded to the facility nestled against the mountain. “I expect to receive the grand tour.”

23. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Antville-Installation, Antville, Alaska

Colonel Thompson nodded and looked at the President. "Certainly, Sir. Also I expect you to find out guest quarters most interesting. That is where the subjects are." He nodded to his soldiers and they approached the Secret Service agents. "The reason you were unaware of this installation is the Executive Order 2323/5 Sir. The existence and nature of this installation is not to be revealed to anyone including any successors of the original President to issue this order. In this order we also established the Antville protocol, which makes it necessary for your agents to wait outside. Are you a member of the United States Military or any government agency, Sir?" The question went to Professor Cale. "I am a Boy Scout, does that count?" He dryly replied. "I repeat the question, please answer with a yes or no ... are you ..."

"No." Cale said and looked at the soldier as if he was looking at a cockroach. Military behavior obviously disgusted him.

"The President will not go anywhere without protection, Colonel." Matt threw in. The Colonel smiled at him. "Sir, we are more than confident we can protect the President. The Executive Order leaves no room for interpretation in that regard." Matt gave Kurt another look. Why would a President forbid the Secret Service to enter the facility? Kurt could see the line of thought in Matt's eyes before Cale actually spoke it out. "Alaska, Access restrictions, not even the President knows about it ... they did hide this from you, not from outsiders." He simply stated as if this was not an act of conspiracy in itself ... except it was authorized by a President. Which actually made it probably legal.

"I must say I am kinda curious now." Cale send the President a smile.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  24. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Great Expectations, New York

She made her way through the back passing by three men armed to the teeth. These were the men her uncle mentioned. Looking at them they looked competent but, not a match for Simmons if the stories her uncle told about him were true. However they would do in subduing or killing Maria. Jane had already given them a description and picture of Maria, with orders to kill her should the opportunity present itself.

Inside the pounding music nearly deafened her, but, it would deafen everyone else. With her supressed pistol the first shot would be unnoticed but the body wouldn't be. Looking up into the VIP area she saw Maria in a little black dress, gathering Jane's targets all together. This would all be over tonight.

She didn't see Simmons, the more dangerous of her targets. She gave a quick scan of the writhing bodies moving in time the driving beat.

Through the haze of neon and other people she saw Rutherford on the hunt as well. Jane thought of what Simmons had done, he reached out to her telling her that she was the only one he could trust. However with everything that had happened it was possible that her colleague was now working for Simmons. Having another gun on this mission would be useful but, she couldn't risk getting shot in the back.

For now she kept her eyes open waiting for the moment Simmons made himself know. He would be going for the VIPs that was his mission, hers was to kill him. She melded into the crowd keeping her head on a swivel just waiting for her moment to act.

TAG: LordTroepfchen (everyone else in the club.)

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Antville Installation, Antville, Alaska

The lax smile on the professor’s face made the President inwardly bristle, but he knew there was no denying the truth behind the man’s words. Despite his obvious disdain over Cale’s behavior, Kurt had confided in him for a reason, and now he had to follow through with his intuition. And so, with a wan smile of his own, he stepped toward Cale and whispered close to the man’s ear. “Someone sure messed up, didn’t they?”

It was a rare show of jest that quickly vanished as soon as Kurt continued past him and shifted his focus to reflect on the problem at hand:

An Executive Order.

With a sigh, Kurt furrowed his brow and thrust his hands deep into his pockets. So, he had been wrong in his assumption about the military working under their own authority to keep this place hidden; they were actually following orders from one of his predecessors. That thought conjured up a mixture of emotions, including anger and disgust. Why establish a place like this, and then essentially throw away the key? What was the purpose? And did it truly have the best interests of the country in mind? Looking at it from that perspective, he realized that it reeked of self-indulgence. He couldn’t accept that anyone could be so consumed by their own desires that they would intentionally shut out all future administrations from knowing the truth.

Unless there was another explanation…

Maybe they were so scared of what they had unleashed, that the President felt obligated to put this Order through to protect future generations. If so, what the hell had he stumbled upon?

He shook his head lightly as he began to count back the years in his mind. Thirteen years? That would place events roughly around 2004. He had been a young Congressman at the time, serving his third term in the House, while George W. occupied the White House. He couldn’t recall anything significant coming to the floor in that time frame, but that wasn’t unusual. After being in the game for so long, the years began to blur together. At least he had the second Bush Administration as a jumping-off point. The country was a different place back then, insecure and fearful with the war on terror an ongoing reality. It would certainly make sense.

With that thought in mind, the President steeled his gaze and returned his full attention to the Colonel. It was time to address his concerns and get to the bottom of this.

“Between you and me, Colonel, I suspect you’re giving me a line of bull,” he asserted harshly, his breath gathering in white clouds in the cold air above them as he spoke. His eyes moved briefly to Matt, noting that his friend was probably becoming uncomfortable with the exchange. In response, he raised his hand, a clear indication that he had everything under control.

“Didn’t you already break protocol by agreeing to bring me into the facility?” he continued, raising an inquiring eyebrow. “You could have simply cited this Order and denied me access, sent me off on some wild goose chase, or any number of things to keep me from the truth...and yet, you didn’t.”

Kurt rocked back on his heels and scrutinized the man for a long moment. It wasn’t lost on him how easy it had been to gain access to the facility. The Colonel hardly batted at eye at his insistence to see the place, despite a protocol set in place to prevent him from entering. It was almost like they were ushering him inside for a purpose. Was it a trap? That was enough to raise more concerns, but he forced himself to clamp down on those thoughts for the time being. He could not allow his apprehension to show.

“If you’re willing to bend the rules on that point, why are you giving me a hard time over my security detail?” he challenged, bringing the conversation back to Matt’s original point. He agreed with his Chief of Staff in that respect. “I’m not doubting your capabilities, Colonel, nor am I questioning the provisions you have in place to keep me safe, but you have to understand that I trust my own men implicitly. They’re good men; they wouldn’t be here otherwise, so I was hoping for a little cooperation.”

Pressing his lips together, he gave Matt another look before spreading his hands in a gesture of compromise. He knew what he was about to say would set the other man on edge, but he didn’t have a choice if they wanted to find answers. “Now, I could force the issue, but I’m also aware that I can’t just revoke an Executive Order on the spot without getting bogged down in a bunch of procedural restrictions, so I’ll comply...for now.” He stared at the man, allowing that to sink in. “Make note, however, that this is by no means an endorsement. I intend to thoroughly review this mandate once I return to Washington, and it will be dealt with accordingly.” He paused long enough to gesture to the facility at the Colonel’s back. “The same goes for this entire operation of yours...if I don’t like what I see, you and your boys will be packing.”

Stepping aside, the President finally gave Thompson some room to breathe. “Shall we get started?”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.