main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller The Crossing

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by LordTroepfchen, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Car, in front of the Rey

Desinfecting a wound while someone was still wearing clothes wasn't that effective but better than nothing. The cut was deep and painful and the burning sensation of anti-septic fluids on the wound made it no better. Yet Jane managed to keep on driving and taking the next corner to get out of sight of the trigger happy FBI swat. In the rear view mirror she could see the shots had caused an even wider spread panic among those who had escaped the Club. The FBI agents would need to handle this situation and also their mortally wounded colleague. But being the FBI it would not take long until some of them would begin their pursuit.

But just as Jane and Kawin were around the corner they had to hit the break, as right in front of them was "The Rey Motel". A run down motel that looked like it could have used a renovation a decade ago. Now it looked beyond saving. They were still pretty close to their attackers, maybe five minutes walk. But this was the Rey. It did not look like it had that many guests. Actually only one room on the second floor had lights on. In The small lobby behind and aged wooden counter a single bearded man was reading a magazine about fishing.

What they could not see was the man who phased into existence and out of it again on the roofs above following them all the way to the hotel by teleporting from roof to roof. In his hand was still the knife and Jane's blood dripped from the blade. Beta was hunting. Finally he was hunting the others. He had waited for this for so long.

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422, @Mithh_Fisto

2. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Maria
    Great Expectations, New York

Something was so wrong about this.

Maria stood in the now silent Club among the bodies of the men that had died here ... two of them her own doing ... and gasped in pain from her shoulder.

The President had ordered to kill these "Time Travellers" and now he send one himself? The Government had their own? It had to be Antville. Had the CIA or NSA been brewing them in secret she would have known. But this made no sense. Were they trying to keep a monopoly?

Shaking her head she felt tired of the questions and blessed by her survival. More than anything she felt like she had killed enough people today. The thrill she had felt, it suddenly felt so wrong. Lambs. Elena. Rutherford. Sebastian. Four people had died by her hand and sadly she realized none of them had truly deserved it. Rutherford was no innocent, sure. But the rest? No. Really not.

The feeling this was a conflict with a right and a wrong side occurred to her. It had never before crossed her mind. Now she had to face the insecurity of no longer knowing which one was the right side.

Could she hide? Nobody knew how to track people better than her. Maybe she could vanish herself. Would they even be looking? If not she could sit this out. Simmons would probably hunt her. But she doubted he would get out of this so easy.

Taking careful steps she made her way out of the Club. The last words of Sebastian were still very present. She was still feeling the pain of pulling that trigger. He had the power to stop her. He did not do it.

No, she would kill nobody today. She would vanish. Maria would no longer be used or manipulated. She would simply be gone.

This was somebody's else war. Whoever that was ... this person should do his own dirty work.

Tag: @LordTroepfchen

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  3. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Another Combo-post between myself and @Mitth_Fisto Thank you for your patience

IC
    : Jane/Kawin Muthurangu
    Car, in front of the Rey

Jane hissed as the antiseptic was applied to her wounds. She expected him to wait until they were at the motel, or at the very least stopped be he would try patching her up. She couldn't take the time to tell him to stop, of maybe she didn't want him to. Getting something on the cut and bullet wound quickly would minimize infection. As well she had other things to worry about, like the bullets still bouncing off the car's armored shell. More pain radiated across her back as she took another hard turn leaving the feds behind her. They would catch up soon enough but, it would give them some breathing room.

Seeing the motel in the windshield, her eyes narrowed a little. Well, it might be the last place anyone comes looking, or the first. It wasn't that the hunter, well former hunter was hoping for something more...upper class. She did spend much of her time before this in the 'Developing' world places where electricity and running water were luxuries not basic services. It was just that she was surprised to find such a runned down a forgotten place so close to a thriving nightlife.

She came to a stop in the deserted parking lot looking to the manager's office to see an aging man lazily turning a fishing magazine. Up on the second floor a light still burned.

"Those your people?" she asked. Beginning to remove her jacket, slicked with her own blood. Once that was removed she could start to see the extent of the damage to her shoulder or more exactly around her shoulder. Her blood had soaked into her dark shirt and had begun to dry on the outer edges. She reached over to the first aid kit grabbing an adhesive gauze pad. Pulling her collar of her shirt away she hissed as the fabric was ripped from the open wound. With a breath she reached under her shirt and pressed the pad over the bullet wound. It would stem the bleeding at the least.

She moved next to her back the cut was right down the middle, right over her spine, right in a spot she couldn't reach. She looked over to the passenger seat, to Kawin, her former target turned ally.

"Hey," she said across cramped space. "Could you help me with this." She turned, as much as she could in the driver's seat presenting her back. Carefully and slowly she removed her shirt, reveiling her pale skin, marked with scars, burn marks, other bullet wounds, a spred of shrapnel, as well as her black undergarment.

"Can you sew?"

He glanced at what was before them before looking behind them worriedly. His concern for how short a distance they had driven before ducking into this parking lot. It felt wrong, he knew without her he would of been on foot and glad to be so close, but with her? It was beginning to feel far too short a distance.

Still she had needs and he was going to tend her wounds as best he could, although as she revealed her scarred and pockmarked back he couldn't help but pause. His breathing catching as he looked at her and felt, pity.

"Not nicely, but good enough." he simply mumbled as his head ducked down to be able to focus on the first aid kit's contents to get it all ready and tilting his head back see that tiny thread he needed to put through a non-visible hole. On his third try it finally found it's way as he then shift to get to work.

"Never done something living before." he simply muttered as he reached out to squeeze the edges of the open wound towards itself until it started to pucker. Sweat beginning to build upon his brow at the prospect.

She flinched only slightly when his cold hands touched her bare skin. A hiss escaped her chest as he pushed the wound closed. This was going to be painful. She gripped the seat with her left hand and the steering wheel with her right bracing for what was coming.

"It doesn't have to be pretty just stitch the wound." She looked over her shoulder seeing the sweat bead on his brow. "It's not like I'll be wearing a bikini any time soon."

Hearing her sharp retort he brought the clean needle towards her skin and then paused, he wasn't sure he could do it. But he had to. So taking a breath to steel himself he tried to figure out how, how to make just that one little spot on her go back to the way it was without doing so to the rest of her and to be that way now. Nothing happened.

"Alright." He simply ground out as he tried something else. He imagined his wife, the woman that only wanted him for a 'green card' or 'white card' or whatever bloody color proper immigration status cards were these days. Tried to envision her back before him, hear her chiding voice. . .and needle dove.

Twist, dip, push, pull. Repeat. Finally he was doing it, and slowly with each new stitch his ex faded and he once more was merely working on a woman like him that he didn't know before dying with her twice.

The woman prepared herself she could almost feel the needle coming closer and closer to her skin, goosebumps began to appear up her arms and across her back. The tension held for a long moment then the first stitch was made. Her fingers dug deep into the upholstery as the needle, followed closely by the thread passed through her skin. It was a sharp pain, that quickly faded, only to be followed up by the next stitch.

It was slow at first then it picked up pace, as it seemed he was becoming more comfortable with this work. He still was no doctor but, it would be serviceable.

"So," she started through partly gritted teeth, "When did you find out you had superpowers."

"Well, how about when it all started. When I got a weird phone call, yesterday morning." He snorted some at the last. To think it had only been a day. "I thought it was a prank call telling me someone was coming to kill me, but to be honest. Since the divorce I have really fallen into a routine. So I played along just to shake up my day, to do something different. . .and then there was a guy really trying to catch me. A woman waiting for me in my apartment who interviewed me, and decided that I didn't need to die but then was killed by the guy who was hunting me."

Tugging on the string he made sure the last stitch was secure before tying the knot. "Didn't know I actually had powers until I arrived in New York. Started having visions, which I think we just prevented. And then I was killed a half dozen times leaving the bus." Finishing the knot pulled out the tiny pair of scissors to snip the line. "You?"

Jane sat quietly listening to Kawin tell his story. It seems the hunters were on the back foot from the beginning. Someone was warning their targets before the hunters could attack. However it seemed that Rutherford did catch up to him, and killed him, several times. It appeared that Kawin can't die.

She had to ask herself...Did she and the others sent to kill these people ever have a chance?

Her brush with the dark haired man made it clear her targets held an edge but, it was beginning to feel like their advantages far outwieghted the skill she could bring.

But, things were different now, she was one of them.

He finished stitching cutting thread asking his question in return.

"I only found out a couple of minutes ago," she pulled down her shirt again turning to look at him. "It would have been really useful to know before I took this job, or when I started this career." Part of her was still confused as to why it was starting now, why through all the shootouts she's been in, all the dangerous situations she'd been in, this power presented itself now. "Do you know how many of you made it out of the club? Who are we meeting here?"

As she covered back up he sat back, trying to clear his throat and avert his gaze. Anything to stop his mind from going there. Then she asked the question that worked better than his own mind to stop such things.

"Me. I was the only one that made it out alive that went into the trap. Maybe the hunter masquerading as Elayna who shot us once made it as well. I don't know." Shaking his head he whipped off his glasses to better be able to pinch his nose as he looked down at the first aid kit in his lap. "I think I killed my first person tonight. Besides myself. I don't think killing myself counts when it doesn't stick." he muttered before putting back on his glasses as he stared numbly, beginning to feel that crashing moment where all the adrenaline leaves you as he had finally stopped moving.

Jane's face soured a little hearing that Maria may have survived. The other woman could be a loose end that needed to be tied up, or a wrench that could be thrown into the works. She could see the adrenaline begin to leave him, and notice the long gaze of someone not used to combat getting their first taste.

"Well," she said looking him dead in the eye, "I don't think the night is over, you might have to fight again." She turned opening the car door, and stepped out. It was time to get a room, to sort out what was going on. They walk close together but, Jane was not hanging off him as if they were having a late night hook up. He'd had a rough night, she didn't want to make it more awkward.

"We'd like a room." she said leaning against the counter eye staring into the older man.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    HanSolo29 and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  4. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    The Rey, New York

The old man looked up and yawned. "Certainly." He said. There was board behind them at which they could see only two other rooms were rented. 9001 and 5012. The old man grabbed a key from the board and handed them the 5015. "That's 45 a night and ten for extra towels." He said and looked at the two of them.

"The room is for the three of you?" He asked. Obviously someone was standing right behind them. Someone who had not used the door to come in. They would have heard that.

5. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego
    Ayshe's liar, Antville

"Shall we begin?" She asked. Her confidence was unsettling. Disturbing.

Sebastian leaned back and gave her a long look. Her game was about to begin, he realized that. "By any means, please ... begin."

He gave a her a smile now and felt ... fear. He was facing a monster, an evil and yet someone very much like himself. Is that what he would become? A cruel shadow dictator of the world? Did he even have a choice? Did his power not make him a monster any way? Even not using it could be monstrous. But how long would it take before the power corrupted him? Power always did, he firmly believed that. The feeling of entitlement was twisting any reasoning. The dead man on the floor was possibly the best proof of that.

He mentally shook his head. There was always a choice. The illusion there wasn't one ... was dangerous.

Tag: @SirakRomar, @LordTroepfchen

6. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Ayshe
    Antville, Alaska

Ayshe smiled at the invitation to begin and her eyes locked with hers. She wanted him to see her eyes when she told him.

"Survival." She finally said the
    word as if t explained everything. "That is what this is about. I know everything about it, Sebastian. The moment I saw you vanish from my vision many months ago was the moment I knew I was fighting for survival. The Crossing of you and the others started a chain of events I could not fully see. But what I saw through the fates of others was ... what would happen to the world and it made it painfully clear: One of us would have to die and the other would be left to rule." Ayshe cleared her throat. This was indeed something she remembered too clearly. The clouding of her perfect vision. "It had to be me. I had to survive. Even if it made me a monster. So I sät here, actually in this spot and watched the future in all it's possibilities and for the first time also ... the past. Darkened. Fragmented. Incomplete. Yet, slowly I understood my path. I knew what I had to do. To be more precise, I knew what I had to make you do." She knew the pride showed in her voice and she did not wanted it too, but this was simply something so brilliant she could not help but feel pride. "Yes, I turned you against your friends. I reached deep into the darkness that surrounded you and created a perfect trap. An Empire of lies. Yes, I created a loop and another loop and another ... until they turned into a spiral, that would lead to the death of all of you and in the end to your despair. I did not see you, but I studied you. Your art, your life. You know what I did? I made these fools ..." She nodded to the dead President. "... I made them dance a dance of death. Jared. The President, Simmons, Maria, Jane, Meyers, Taylor, Cale ... they were all perfect pawns. I killed Elena by showing Maria how to find her. Because she could see what I could not and I could not allow you to get access to that power. I killed Jared. I killed Kyle. I killed millions in New York. The President. You even made me do that myself. For what purpose?"

Ayshe gave him a sad smile. "I could not kill you, so within one day ... I would destroy you. I would destroy your soul so completely, that you would do what I desired most. Kill Sebastian Klein."

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  7. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego
    Ayshe's liar, Antville

Funny how hard it could be to have your worst fears confirmed. This woman had created a loop. It was not surprising something this complicated had not worked, but the suffering he and his many alternate versions had to go through because of her ... unspeakable.

For a second he considered ending it there and then, by cutting this talk short with a bullet to her head. He decided against it.

"But I am still alive. So you killed all those people for a failed attempt. This seems not to bother you too much."

Considering among the victims was a child and a president of the US that clearly showed how detached her psyche was by now from the rest of the world.

"All just to kill me? Really?"

8. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jane
    Lobby, Rey Motel

Jane stifled the yawn that nearly over took her as the man behind the counter did the same. Looking over the board it looked as it only two other rooms were occupied. It meant it wasn't the most popular place, maybe under the radar of the Feds. On the other side if the FBI did look, it wouldn't take long for them to find her and Kawin.

"The room is for the three of you?" the older man asked.

Jane's eyes widened, on one came in through the door, she would have heard that. There was only one person she'd seen teleport around a space...the man with dark hair, LEGO. LEGO was dead, at least from what Kawin had told her. Someone cut her, someone that could hit her while time was slowed around her, then disappear.

Whoever appeared behind them was an enemy, no doubt in her mind.

She turned quickly on her heel fist clenched, her gun would be useless, the bullets would be slowed easy to doge. She could feel the world slow around her part of her knew that it wouldn't affect a person like her, but, it would slow down the manager, delay him calling the cops as she dealt with this person.

As she finished her turn her clenched fist flew out aimed at the man's throat. She didn't have time to mess around, she needed to end this in one blow.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @LordTroepfchen

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    Car, in front of the Rey

Leaving the car felt like trying to push through another wall. Lifting each leg was a force of will to remember that it wasn't over yet. Walking in they had seemed to gravitate toward each other, a common need for support, although a part of him stubbornly tried to buck the idea of cross supporting a woman again it made little more appearance than a half-heart step faster for a stride. Old wounds would have to give way to the new it seemed, and exhaustion was in great demand to beat all.

In fact once they were in he started to wonder about if Sebastian was really there as well if he could do that time freeze thing and let him and Jane get a good nights rest. It would be a good thing to be able to sleep without worry about a killer bombing them to death in their sleep. He wasn't sure if he would wake up from a reset from dying in his sleep, or whether he would just reset back to sleeping and be stuck in a death loop. Actually that made his head start to hurt.

Shaking his head to clear it as Jane asked about a room, and then the man's grabbing one of the keys near one of the other occupied rooms. '12' and '90-1' he silently repeated to himself. At least Sebastian should be easier to find with only two rooms to check. Then the man had to ask a question after stating the amount that had him blanching, not for having to reach for his wallet to cover the amount, but rather to the number of people they were having in a room. A thing that left him muttering "Only two. . ." as he turned as Jane did. Still he had his hand entering his jacket and was slowly changing direction to go for the revolver as he looked. At this range pistol whip seemed like the right choice if he didn't know the man. . .

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 , @LordTroepfchen

10. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Antville-Installation, Antville, Alaska

The man sat up in the bed and began ripping the medical machinery from his weakened body. A Doctor was there, frozen in time and staring into nothingness. With a gasp Alpha raised his hand and saw ... nothing happening. His blue eyes opened astonished by the lack of effect and he pushed back his blonde hair as he smiled in surprise and curiosity. "Interesting." He gasped and fell more out of bed than actually standing up. He found his footing and slowly raised himself up.

"Someone has a new trick." He exhaled and closed his eyes. Two. There were two others. And one was Ayshe and one was certainly not Beta, that useless fool. No, this one was more powerful. Considerably more powerful. He was weakened and had been out for God knew how long ... but he was awake now. He had returned.

Tag: Nobody

The Rey, New York

Time slowed down as Jane started to turn around, but her wounds were making her slower and she felt the arm of the enemy blocking her turn by the shoulder as his knife entered her side between her rips and pierced her lungs. The man was trained but not on a "Special forces"-level or he would have hit her heart. Jane realized she was probably mortally wounded but not taken out immediately as her uncle or Simmons would have done it. He was strong and fast, but not as lethal as he would have needed to be ...

Then the knife was gone as the man just switched to Kawin, appearing at his side and concluding a move that he had begun right before teleporting or even while teleporting, pushing the knife right through the chin into Kawin's skull. The world turned dark immediately. And reset ...

"That's 45 a night and ..." They were back at the point in time the old man was just about to ask about the third man. If their attacker had not experienced the loop before that might give them a considerable advantage of a second or two of disorientation probably ...

HanSolo29 likes this.
  11. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: On SirakRomar's request I post her post and my response.

Ayshe
    Antville Installation near Antville, Alaska

"Yes." She simply answered.

Ayshe knew this was the moments when her fate and the fate of the world were decided. Yet, she could not fight the urge to tell him ... to make him see ...

"Everyone eventually dies. That is what people do. The question is for what do they die? I gave those people purpose. I gave their death meaning. I did all of this. Why do you think I did it? Only because I am power hungry? Really?" Ayshe smiled a bitter smile. "So yes, if you want to survive you should kill me. Now. The question is do you really want to?"

Spreading her hands she offered herself. He was not a killer. Murdering one man in self-defense did not make him one. His psyche was looking for a reason not to kill her. Had she been in his position, he would have died minutes ago.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins

Lego
    Ayshe's liar, Antville

Everybody dies. The question is just for what. That was it. She slaughtered them but it was a more righteous slaughtering, a more justified and necessary slaughtering. In many ways she was worse than the President. Roland had been a fool easily lead to believe his power gave him the right to decide what was right or wrong. She knew she was wrong. It just wasn't that important to her.

"Why would I want you to survive and me to die? I cannot say you inspired a lot sympathy with your little speech there."

He felt there was still something he overlooked. Something she knew. But maybe that was her trick, making people think she knew more than him.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  12. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Lobby Rey Motel

As she turned a hand stopped her pressing into the wound left by Simmon's bullet. A strangled grunt left her just before a blade slipped between her ribs. Her lung collapsed, and a small trickle of blood started at the corner of her mouth, her tongue was filled with the metallic taste of her own blood. This was the second time her blood had surged up her throat. The first time was when the bullets tore through her chest, a controlled burst, center mass, just like many soldiers and cops were trained. You could tell a lot by how a person killed another. Even more when you were the one being killed. This man was trained but, not the pinnacle of killers like Simmons or her uncle. They would have stabbed her through the heart, killing her instantly.

While blood dripped down her chin her right hand reached around hand resting on the cold grip of her pistol. She held onto her consciousness just to long enough to see the man skewer Kawin thought the head. A smile grew on her face.

She knew what was coming she could almost count it down.

"That's 45 a night and ..." Jane was already turning on her heel right hand reaching for her gun. Time slowed around her again using her power to buy her some time. She had a plan. Instead of bringing her weapon up and shooting the man she brought it past her tucking in under her left shoulder. With two quick pulls of the trigger she could feel the expended shells slowly bounce off her jacket and feel the heat of the gases radiate against her side. Lowering her shoulder her body surged forward looking to knock the man to the ground, or make him move. Her free left arm was raised ready to defend herself from the knife she knew this man held in his hand.

She'd been killed by him once, been stuck by him once before. He didn't want to face her head on, he knew he would lose.

She would see what happens when he tries to teleport behind her.

TAG
    : @Mitth_Fisto @LordTroepfchen

13. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Ayshe

Ayshe looked at Sebastian, aware she was pushing and had to find the delicate balance between honesty and deception.

"Haven't you figured it out yet? Because I told you a million lies. I turned the world into a trap. For you! But there was one thing that was true. One thing I did not invent. You will end time Sebastian. Eventually you will end the universe. Existence itself. I have seen it. All my visions vanishing at a certain point in time. All of them are leading to darkness. Eternal darkness. Yes, I am evil. At least by your morale standards. I am craving power above all and having seen so many billions die I am indifferent to people. I use them. I tell them lies, which is nothing to me as they do not understand any truths. I am the greatest evil the world has ever seen. I am the end of free will. I rule the world. But ... I will not allow it to end. You will protect the world, but you will ultimately destroy it. You are a God. But a flawed one. A lost one. Eventually you bring the end you want to avoid. That was never a lie. If you had seen what I have seen, you would end yourself. I knew that. So all of this ... every lie I told you ... was only there to show you the one truth. You need to die. Otherwise all of us will end."

His greatest fear. The consequence of his power. Nobody knew better than her you could not escape it.

Tag: @LordTroepfchen, @DarkLordoftheFins

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  14. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego
    Ayshe's liar, Antville

Sebastian looked at her. He knew there was probably some truth in her words. Had The Source not said he had watched the world end again and again? How could she have faked that? So was she right in the end? The wrong method but the right idea? He had to end himself before he ended everything? Why had she not talked to him? He wouldn't have believed her.

"You never tried to limit my power. You pushed it. You wanted me to see the danger before I turn ... into him."

If she told the truth, The Source had been right all along. They were all dead, well most of them ... he would be the final one to die. He would save the world by ending himself. A thought that made him tremble. Actually he might never have had a chance.

15. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Ayshe

He began to see it. Ayshe forced herself not to show her smile. But she nodded. He finally saw it.

"Sebastian. Leave the world to me. I will preserve it. Always. And eventually I will die and they will be free. I know you do not want to be the harbinger of the end."

Fear. She knew the power of fear.

She smiled with sympathy and regret. "So don't be."

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    In front of the counter, Rey

It was a blur, but he was becoming used to this odd thing. Reacting to the past as it represented itself. The future was his prologue whenever he died, he was starting to see that. That or perhaps he was too tired to be concerned with how or why things were supposed to work the way they were or should. It was a blur of words, of motion, of seeing her die again, of seeing that face, that glint that fuzzy just out of visual range coming up from below and then. . .

"That's 45 a night and ..." with a fluid motion he twisted and turned. Falling, slipping back to put his back to the counter as he drew and fired a single shot at where the man was fuzzily in his memory, and then to behind the woman. Ready to fire again. He was breathing slow, calm as he pulled on the trigger, preparing to shoot as soon as he saw the man again. If he saw the man again.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen, @galactic-vagabond422

17. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    The Rey, Lobby, New York

For all the confidence the man had wielding his power, he was taken by surprise when time reset. He gasped when Jane's first bullet grazed his side even as time was slowed down. There simply had not been enough room between him and the bullet. He blinked and escaped the second shot by appearing half a meter to the right. It was not enough to escape Kawin's bullet, which would hit him right in the chest ... but once it left the gun, it made a terrible slow journey through the slowed down world Jane had created by activating her power.

He looked at Kawin, the bullet and then at the board with missing keys and then simply vanished again.

The Rey, Room 5012

Mulligan was just leaving the bathroom, as he heard the shot. He turned his head, knowing this was not what Sebastian had planned, when he asked him to wait.

Quickly he leaped to the door and locked the room, looking around for anything he could use as a weapon.

18. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    ooc: Please ignore the post above, I misunderstood something

The Rey, Lobby, New York

For all the confidence the man had wielding his power, he was taken by surprise when time reset. He stepped one step back as Jane turned and she almost had him, when she charged at him, but he vanished from her few just as time around her began to slow down ... he bullets ripped through her jacket and did not hit the attacker as hoped, as he had not teleported behind her ... he had materialized a meter aside, right out of her reach.

It would not have saved him from Kawin though ... who fired his shot and with a burst the bullet left his gun ... only to make it's way through the slowed down reality Jane had created. The lifting of her power had not worked. She had not yet the necessary control over her power.

Looking at the slowed down bullet the Attacker gave Kawin a look and then one to the board with the keys ... before vanishing from view. This time he appeared nowhere in sight again.

The world remained slowed down for everyone except Jane and Kawin. Bullets were still flying and a single drip of blood from one of Jane's wound hit the floor in an endlessly slowed down splash.

The Rey, Room 5012

Mulligan was just leaving the bathroom, as he heard the shot. He turned his head, knowing this was not what Sebastian had planned, when he asked him to wait.

Quickly he leaped to the door and locked the room, looking around for anything he could use as a weapon.

19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego
    Ayshe's liar, Antville

The gun in his hand suddenly seemed more dangerous. It seemed to be here for him. Then a thought flashed through his mind. What had she seen? Darkness? What had she really seen?

He closed his eyes and felt a slight shiver going through his body. His heart raced.

But what did the darkness mean? He felt her answer was a guess. She interpreted not what she saw, but what she could not see.

"This darkness, why do you think it is the end of the world?" He heard himself ask. "Have you never considered it was your end? Tell me can you see beyond your own lifespan? Can you see what will be in a hundred years? Or a thousand?"

"Yes, I can." Ayshe said immediately with full confidence.

Sebastian eyed her. Could she? Really? He smiled at her.

"Really? What do you see? Because I was there. I know what is coming. So what did you see?"

Sebastian looked at her. He soaked in every detail of her face. Every subconscious eye movement. Every gesture. It was a moment of truth. A moment that would decide if he died or not.

ooc: Combined with SirakRomar for her response

HanSolo29 and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    In front of the counter, Rey. . .Take II

When something goes sideways when everybody has special abilities in a gun verses knife fight, well let us just say the joke no longer applies. Jane had done her thing and they had tried the version of the 'same thing happens every night'. Only difference was, the unwanted party was not familiar with the story and didn't know that they were about to do it again.

Bad thing was, just because they all had powers didn't mean they all knew what they were doing with them. Something which became abundantly clear as his back had thudded against the wall and he had dipped the gun to the side and fired. . .and watched the bullet. It was one of those surreal moments like when you see the fist coming in to hit you in slow motion. Looking down and up from the bullet was that moment.

"Eh?" was all he could mutter as he took in what he thought was his last breath on this earth, again. Only he took another, the man looked at the peg board, and then was gone. Getting up from the floor he looked at Jane and simply sighed. "We are so going to die again, aren't we."

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422, @LordTroepfchen

21. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Lobby Rey Motel

Jane's bullets spiraled behind her as her body surged forward. Time slowed around her, the wound at her shoulder bleeding through the gauze. The blood drop was slowed as it made its way to the ground. She tried to bring her pistol around to lessen his avenues of attack. He vanished from sight, she expected him to appear behind her, to stab her in the back again. This time, it wasn't so. He appeared next to her as she heard the slow report of another pistol.

"Damn it." she said, she was only thinking of herself, what she could do. She forgot that she wasn't alone, forgot that there was another gun that might have turned the tide, might have ended this.

The man disappeared again and Jane's eyes snapped around the space checking the corners making sure he wasn't hiding there. This was getting infuriating. Time returned to its normal pace, the blood drop fell to the ground, the bullets fired hit nothing but, wood and stone, wasted.

A loud curse fell from her lips, she had him, had him if she hadn't slowed down time.

"We are so going to die again, aren't we." Kawin siad next to her.

"Maybe, this guy is good. We need to catch him out. Need to surprise him. That's the only way, at least with what we have." This would be alot easier with nerve gas and a gas mask. See this guy teleport when his lungs were seizing up, and muscles shivering. But, she didn't have such taboo weapons, and couldn't get a hold of them easily. They would have to work with what they had.

"Where is he going? She asked, already moving out of the office, "He seemed to be hunting us, why would he give up?" he head snaps around looking at the board. "Remind me, was the person we were looking for already here or were we supposed to wait for them?" This guy was after them...or people like them. Maybe he changed to an easier target...or one that could actually be killed.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen @Mitth_Fisto

22. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Again Sirak's post and my response.

Ayshe

The future? Had he been to this dark future where all her vision faded? If so, she had told one lie too many. Ayshe's almost laughed. She knew he bluffed and yet the idea he told the truth was so terrifying she could hardly say.

"I ... I ... cannot say. Your presence blinds me ..." Her mind raced. She had not foreseen this ... she had underestimated him.

But did that change anything?

Lego
    Ayshe's liar, Antville

Sebastian laughed a little. He had caught her lying. It was a relief. It was a first cut in her perfect facade.

"No you have already seen it you said. You lie." Darkness. He understood what darkness meant. "You do not see anything, but your own end. The end of your world. Without you I will never have to use my abilities again. I never wanted them. I still do not want them." Sebastian laid back in his seat. She had lied. He was telling the truth. Both her lies and his truth had cruel and terrible consequences. He understood now, what she was probably going through every day. The corruption must have been irresistible.

"You know nothing."

HanSolo29 likes this.
  23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    In front of the counter, Rey. . .Take II

It was interesting to see her process the situation, and he had to agree, now that the man knew they could reset time. Well, he was taking that for granted but so far everyone that could anything freaky seemed to be somewhat resistant, aware, or immune as far he could understand to each others powers. The only exception seemed to be Sebastian, but perhaps that was merely because the man was only affecting himself? Could he do that? Only himself and those he chose?

Was worth a try if he had to die again tonight, focus on only him and Jane resetting. Only them remembering. Yeah, as soon as he tried he felt like an idiot but then again today seemed to be the day for trying odd ball ideas just for the thrill of it.

Swallowing he looked at her as he licked his lips. "Already here." Turning he looked at the board again. "We should ask him." Stepping forward he tried to smile as he removed a few hundred dollar bills from his jacket and set it on the counter, smiling as he went into his tele call center voice. "Sorry for the mess sir. We are here to also see a friend. Which room did you rent to an older gentleman? European accent."

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422, @LordTroepfchen

24. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    The Rey, Lobby, New York

The man was actually cowering behind his desk, looking up at Kawin who was a bit more cold-hearted than anybody would expect from someone who had just been part of a shooting. Jane's bullets had ripped holes into the board with keys and the keys covered the freightened man on the floor.

"Fi...Fi...Five Zero twelve." He forced out the words and did not even dare to grab the money.

The Rey, Room 5012

Mulligan had found nothing really good to defend himself, so he just decided to hide behind the door to have at least the advantage of surprise against whoever came through the door.

It knocked at the door. Once. Twice. Mulligan breathed in and closed his eyes. Then he opened them, prepared for the door to be smashed and the attackers to enter.

Coming to New York suddenly seemed like such a bad idea!

"Professor? Professor, I am here to get you out. Please open the door." The voice came from outside. Strange accent. Maybe Arabic or African? Mali. Mulligan realized it sounded like a lighter touch of the accent the Tuareg had who he had met in the Mali region.

"Sebastian send me. I am a friend of his."

Oh he had not spend too much time with Sebastian Stein, but he had not the feeling the man had a terrible many friends. No, this was one of the three. Sebastian had learned of their existence only 20 minutes ago. Friendships probably needed a bit more time than this. The Three! The ones who had been created in 2004. Were they getting rid of the competition? Did they now work for the Gov? What did it matter, he was sure he did not wanted to get captured by them. He kept silent. Whatever the power of the man was, it did not give him an edge as long as the door was closed. That much seemed clear.

So he had to try to keep the door shut.

And there it was. The door trembled as someone kicked against it. For a rundown motel the door was surprisingly solid and did not bow to Hollywood rules of shattering at first contact. Mulligan threw himself against it just as a second kick hit it. The door trembled but did not give in.

"Professor, please don't make this so hard for us both." And the next kick was powerful. Mulligan realized he would not hold this door forever. Then the kicks stopped and he heard another door shatter. He looked at the window and wondered if there was a fire escape. If so, were the two rooms connected through it?

Realizing what was about to happen he ripped open the door and began to run down the floor as long as the other man was in the room next door. He ran for his life.

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422, @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    SirakRomar and HanSolo29 like this.
  25. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Ayshe

Ayshe looked at him and opened her mouth. For a moment she was fighting for the right words. He had defeated her, she realized now. But she had doubted his words too late. Finally only the truth could save her. Then she leaned forward. She saw his triumph. Oh how he grabbed this straw of hope, how desperate he was. She had not lost yet. No.

"Are you willing to bet existence itself on it? Are you really willing to test your hypothesis and risk the end of everything?" Ayshe asked directly.

"Because I do not know. I guess you are right. I might have seen my own end reflected in that darkness. But it is only darkness. It is a blank canvas. What picture it reveals we will only know when it arrives. Is it my end? Probably. Is it the end of everything? Possibly."

She looked him straight into the eyes. The truth. The simple, cruel, unforgiving truth.

"Are you willing to take that risk, Sebastian?" She laughed almost, so monstrous was the thought of the decision he had to make. "Are you?"

HanSolo29 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.