main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller The Crossing

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by LordTroepfchen, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego
    Ayshe's liar, Antville

Sebastian gave it a long moment and then he knew the answer. Even if she lied there was truth in her lie. He had the power. When the Source had died time had stayed frozen. He had restarted it. So if he would die ... while stopping time ... or even if his powers failed him, like they did on the plane ...

Sebastian looked down at the gun and realized how he was pretty much like this metal tool. A weapon. A terrible, life-ending weapon. He believed a woman who could see the future could not be allowed to exist? How about a man who could end the future?

"I guess you are right. We won't know until it is too late." He looked up at the exotic woman. "Must be frightening for you. Someone who can see the future must be very nervous once he turns blind suddenly."

He send her his saddest smile. "I don't wanna die. I do not wanna kill you. I want none of this. You know? I never did."

Where were the days when changing the world was supposed to work through spraying fancy pics on walls?

"You are probably the only person who understands. A bit. Power. Soon it will crawl into my head and corrupt me. Soon it will whisper to me to survive. But not yet. Right now I can still see the truth. I can trust nobody with this kind of power. Not even myself."

Tag: @SirakRomar, @LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen and HanSolo29 like this.
  2. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Ayshe
    Antville Installation near Antville, Alaska

Ayshe gently smiled. "Oh I fully understand how intoxicating this power is. Making fools like him dwarf compared to you." She pointed on the dead President. "And then you realize it made you a monster. We are not the solution, but another kind of problem."

She nodded and thought about it for a moment. "For them."

Now she leaned forward so far she looked like a cat ready to jump and her voice became almost a whisper.

"We could abandon them. You know? What does either of us owe them? Hm?" She smiled. "They probably deserve to be ruled. They probably deserve to be controlled. All their weakness. All their mistakes. If Roland was their leader, why would we accept such leadership?"

Ayshe looked at Sebastian and wondered how far he had ventured into the rabbithole.

"You do not need Grafitti to change the world anymore. Just shape it as you wish." Ayshe whispered almost now. "But that is not you, is it? Morality dictates another path for Sebastian. Do the right thing? What is the right thing? Putting this gun to your mouth and pull the trigger?"

Tag: @LordTroepfchen, @DarkLordoftheFins

HanSolo29 likes this.
  3. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego
    Ayshe's liar, Antville

The thought was terrifying because of the appeal. Free yourself from the burden and simply give in to the power.

A poison for his mind and like all poisons that were truly dangerous, it was delicious.

He could rule. He could change ... almost anything. What an idea. What a lie. His future self had tried and he had changed nothing, only killed a lot of people ... again and again.

"You overestimate my morale stability." He laughed. "I have seen what I become."

4. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jane
    Lobby Rey Motel

Jane kept her gun drawn head on a swivel as the sacred manager eked out room number. With a swift nod she started making her way taking note of the room numbers getting an idea of how the rundown motel was laid out, heading straight for 5012.

"Stay close." she said to Kawin, words almost coming out like an order. He was the one thing keeping her alive, her good luck charm...Not that she ever believed in luck. She wanted him close, if only to give her yet another chance to take down this coward.

Her movements as she made her way were focused and direct, not rushed but, with purpose, her eyes constantly scanning this man had gotten the better of her twice, she didn't want to give him the satisfaction of a hat trick. She was still beating herself up over her fumble in the manager's office. This whole mess could have ended there, she would have been free. Now she was running around a motel, chasing a ghost with only a nobody as her back up.

This was going to get worse before it got better...and it was already as bad as it could be for her.

She was wounded, running on adrenaline and her uncle was gone.

The pain of that loss was still within her but, hidden under the layers of training, and hardening of her heart. She couldn't let it cloud her judgement, couldn't let it prevent her from doing her job.

Uncle Owen would come back from the grave and kill her again if she let his loss affect her.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen @Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    In front of the counter, Rey. . .Take II

The response had been shaky but clear. With a nod and toothy smile at the man he spoke once more in that same genial tone. "Thank you for your assistance." Lifting his hand from the money and leaving it on the counter he noted that the woman, Jane was already taking off like a shot. "Please find someplace safe to hide sir, the authorities should be here shortly." with a tight nod he began jogging after Jane who was barking out for him to stay close.

Catching up with her he nodded toward the stairs, "So, up?" The fact that this woman was a bit of a badass meant that was feeling slightly better being near her, after all he was skilled with his weapon but from the way she was scarred with past wounds he knew without a doubt that she was experienced in a much more relevant manner then he was. Unfortunately the fact that everything was going to pieces was seeming par for the course. If nothing else it was starting to almost seem comfortable to him, although he doubted that she was feeling that way.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  6. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Ayshe
    Antville Installation near Antville, Alaska

"You don't have to die. You don't have to live. But either way you must accept what you have become. Something not human. Something beyond human. Something apart from it."

She had that smile play around her lips. Finally she had found a weapon against which he was not immune. Finally she had found his weakness. The truth, the terrible unbearable reality of what he had become.

Tag: @LordTroepfchen, @DarkLordoftheFins

7. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    The Rey, Fifth floor, New York

Five levels up took time and Jane's wounds made it a painful ascend, but adrenaline pushed her forward with an uninjured but less trained Kawin right behind her. Having looped through his death several times within the last hour Kawin felt a certain dizziness and exhaustion, but his adrenaline did it's job to keep him functional, too.

The climb took an eternity and when they opened the door and entered the floor they saw they were to late. Mulligan, the middle aged British Professor was lying on the floor, leaned against a wall and covered in blood from two stab wounds into his torso. He was still alive, but his eyes were wide open and his breath came out in quick hisses. From his attacker there was nothing to be seen. The look of Mulligan went to the two arrivals and as he recognized Kawin he nodded to the hotel room opposite of the wall he was leaning against.

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422, @Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  8. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego
    Ayshe's liar, Antville

But it changed nothing. The choice was not binary. There was another way ...

"I agree with you. I should not be allowed to exist. Something like me should not be allowed to exist." He nodded and returned her look. Sebastian gave her another sad smile. He understood the logic of her strategy. Showing him to alternatives and make it look as if there was no third. But there was another one.

"Then again ... neither should you."

Raising the gun Sebastian aimed for the head of the young woman and pulled the trigger. It was surprisingly easy. Frightening easy, actually.

ooc: Approved by LordT and Sirak

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    HanSolo29 likes this.
  9. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    5th Floor, Rey Motel

Each step hurt as she moved up the stairs she could see the blood staining her jacket catching in the lights in the stairwell. Every now and again it would bead and rundown, leaving a small blood drop on the stairs. It hurt but, she had to keep moving, her focus was overcoming the pain for the moment.

She turned coming out of the stairwell finding an older man laying on the floor. Blood poured from knife wounds in his chest but, he was still hanging on with ragged breaths. His eyes turned to them then he nodded towards the hotel room across from him. This was clearly her target's work, he might still be in the room.

Jane turned putting her finger to her lips, she didn't shush him that would make too much noise. She couldn't use the hand signals her uncle taught her. Kawin wouldn't know them, she would have to be more universal.

She pointed at Kawin with her left index finger indicating him. Then mouthed.

'Stay behind me.'

She moved as quietly as she could watching her shadow, making sure she wouldn't cast one across the doorway as she approached. Her controlled breaths rung in her ears her heartbeat was loud in her head. This was her second chance, she could end this here.

She came to a halt right at the door jam, unbroken. If she was healthy she would have kicked the door in and shot the room up. However the pain radiating out from her back told her that it would be a foolish move to try that. She's have to fight smart, or be more creative than she was normally.

Her first thought was to shoot through the door, until she remembered she only had hollow points, not ideal for tearing through a door. With a moment's more thought she pointed to Kawin again and pointed to the bleeding body of their contact. She pantomimed turning a key in a lock, hoping that he would understand to search the body for the room key.

Her senses were on high alert her shoulders tense ready for this man to show himself again. They knew each other's tricks it was time to see which came out on top.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @LordTroepfchen

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  10. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Ayshe
    Antville, Underground

Her throne room had become her crypt. Ayshe understood a moment before her life ended, that she had lost. He had looked through her. His end did not mean she had to survive.

Do it!

Something inside of her was relieved. It was an end to the torture of knowing. It also was a defeat of a woman who had for a time ruled the world. Bested by another of her kind who was stronger in will and power.

Do it!

With her last breath she saw Sebastian raise the gun and no word escaped her mouth. He was becoming her. A God of the world of his creation in which those died he considered worth dying. An executioner of a divine will ... his own.

Do it!

Ayshe final thought was that she had found a worthy successor. Another vision, another way, but at his core he had become what she had been. Something beyond humanity. Something beyond this shady, flawed world. A man who defined reality. Exactly like she had been a woman defining reality. He would not kill himself. No. He would rule.

Do it!

And he pulled the trigger and without saying a world Ayshe vanished from the world, leaving it to it's new God.

Hail to the King ...

Death.
    Darkness.
    There it finally was.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins and @LordTroepfchen

Mitth_Fisto and HanSolo29 like this.
  11. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Antville Installation, Underground, Near Antville

Once the time resumed endless minutes passed, before the door opened and a group of soldiers entered the room. Their rifles before them they aimed at the back of Sebastian and hesitated as they saw the dead bodies of Ayshe and the President of the United States. It was hard to say which shocked them more. Finally Thompson entered and sighed. "Get Andrews." He only hissed and took out his gun.

"You did that?" He asked Sebastian and pressed his lips together until they became thin grey lines.

The gun was loaded and the security lever was switched. Sebastian could almost hear it was pointed at his head.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins

12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego
    Ayshe's liar, Antville

He sighed and did not turn around but looked at the Graffiti mimicking his style rather successfully. Not perfect, but it was okay. He had seen many LEGO forgeries in his years. A guy had sprayed like twenty in Barcelona so good, people in the internet still debated the authenticity.

A week ago such thing had been a concern. They had been important.

"She killed him, I killed her." He explained dryly. "But not because of him. Personal reasons."

Sebastian closed his eyes and lay the gun down on the desk. The soldier was pointing the gun at his head. He could almost feel it, now.

"Do you know who I am? If you do, you should be aware you should take the chance to kill me when you get it."

13. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Antville Installation, Near Antville

The Colonel stood there for a long moment and considered his options. Having lost both his official and unofficial leader made him question the decision he had to make.

"Stand down." The voice was firm and direct as it cut through the room. Matt Andrews was standing in the door and threw his most disgusted stare at Thompson. "You might still get out of this without being tried for treason, Colonel. Pull that trigger and I promise you will be the public face of this conspiracy."

Thompson turned his head and then sighed and lowered his gun. Matt nodded.

"Wise choice." He stepped over to Sebastian and gave the two bodies on the ground a long hard look. "I have warned him of false prophets, he just did not get it." Matt sighed and looked at Sebastian.

14. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego
    Ayshe's liar, Antville

"You sure about that?" Sebastian finally turned around. He looked at Matt and gave him a dry smile.

"Pretty much. Yes." Matt answered, looked around and took the last seat he would not have to sit in someone's blood. "He killed your friends, did he?"

"The boy. They killed Kyle. He did not deserve to die. Really." Sebastian looked at Matt. "Your President deserved to die for that. You know that, do you?"

Matt shrugged and then nodded. "Maybe, yes. He was under a lot of pressure and I guess he ... broke. But he was a good man. Believe it or not."

Sebastian did not believe it, but did not comment. Instead he asked a more pressing question.

"Why do you want someone like me to live?" He dropped the gun and looked at Matt Andrews. The man looked back and smiled confused. "Isn't that obvious?" He asked.

Sebastian shook his head. Matt looked at him and then pointed to Ayshe. "Because of people like her. You Mr. Stein, you have a conscience. I doubt many of your choices, but with all your powers you showed restraint. If someone like her shows up again, I prefer having you around." Matt said calmly. "And I might speak here for all of humanity."

"Wasn't aware I got a fan in the White House." Sebastian smiled.

"You haven't. I advised to kill you. But that was before her. That was before I saw how easily your kind makes our kind their puppet. I considered you to dangerous to be alive, as you probably do yourself right now. You tried to get killed there, didn't you?"

Sebastian did not look at him, but considered his words. Finally he nodded.

"That is why you have to stay alive. Try to hold on to that as long as you can. Because not everyone who gets power is that responsible with it. Stay with us, Mr. Klein."

Sebastian looked at him and he smiled while his heart broke. The man was probably right. Running away was not an option. Death had been an escape plan.

"Call me LEGO." He said and was gone.

Tag: @LordTroepfchen

ooc: Combined with LordT

15. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Headed up, Rey

Taking a beat he sighed as he started following her up the stairs. Why did it have to be stairs? Of all the ways to show that he was not the same kind of hunter as her this was definitely the test that showed it fastest. She was like a tiger or a lion, ready to charge and go-go-go! Whereas after following her up halfway of the first flight all he wanted to do was stop and catch his breath. He was the kind of man that, well he wasn't exactly buff but. . .well he wasn't exactly. He was. . .

He was. . .well rounded. Well padded. He wasn't fat, but the fact that his job was answering phones had definitely taken it's toll, the fact that he hunted was that he had learned to work with and around his lack of athletics. He could power through for a long time at a slow and steady pace, he could hide in a blind for hours on end without making a sound, but he was not one of them Yank yahoos that went running over a mountain hoping to startle a moose and kill it before it reacted! He was one that saw where he thought the moose would come, set up a trap and waited. Make a few calls, rustle the brush if the season was right for it and wait.

No, as he crested the last set of stairs to see Jane start hand signaling him to watch her back he wished he could say he wasn't breathing heavy and sweating. Especially as she was leaving a trail of blood and the man they were coming to meet seemed to be bleeding out on the floor in front of them.

Seeing her motion him to the bleeding body he nodded and practically flopped down beside the man on his side as he began patting the man with his free hand as his other aimed the gun behind himself. Looking at the professors wounds he looked at the man sadly, wishing there was something that he could do for him, but so far his power only seemed to affect himself and controlling how it worked for others did not seem to do anything. Yet.

Looking at her he shook his head. He didn't know what do as he watched this man, their only lead slowly die in front of them.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 , @LordTroepfchen

16. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Antville Installation, Near Antville

The floor he had moved himself to had been empty when he entered. Now it was filled with ... what he assumed were bodies. Human bodies so twisted and reduced in their form they were barely more than uneven balls of flesh and shattered bones. They still were warm.

The alarm sounded. A high sound that repeated itself every two seconds. He heard steps of soldiers and in the neighboring corridor he saw an iron door of several centimeters thickness crushed and lying on the floor. Something had broken out there, obviously.

He appeared right at the moment Kawin leaned down to the dying Professor. Right behind him he switched into existence and rammed his knife deeply into the spine of the Canadian civilian. A sharp pain ran through Kawin's body and he collapsed. The wound did not kill him though. He just felt the feeling from his body below his shoulders fade away.

Then the man turned to Jane who was probably turning towards him and grinned. "Kill me or kill him?" He hissed. The choice was obvious. A reset would make him alive again. A simple shot now would kill him, but it would only last if they did not reset. Which would leave Kawin with the injury.

Kawin, having the same choice, still had his gun in his hand.

Ready to attack, the Man could not stop his grin as he grabbed the knife in Kawin's back and probably prepared to do his trick again. His face looked sweaty, his eyes were feverish. The jumping obviously took a lot of strength.

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422, @Mithh_Fisto

HanSolo29 likes this.
  17. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    5th Floor, Rey Motel

Jane felt in more than anything the sudden appearance of a person across the hall. She was already turning gun raised to her eye. She saw the knife driven deep into Kawin's back, the cruel smile of victory on his face. But, no one could miss the sweat beading on his brow, his wide, shaking eyes, whatever trick he was doing it was taking a lot out of him.

"Kill me or kill him?" He presented it as a choice, as if it would give her pause. Kawin was still breathing but, she knew the place he was stabbed, right through the spine. He would be forever paralyzed if time didn't rewind.

Was this man playing to her conscience? Do he think she cared?

Without a second thought she pulled the trigger twice two hollow point bullets aimed, at the Hunter's head. She had come too far had been through too much to get let him escape.

"Don't" she shouted after the hammer dropped. She could see the gun wavering in Kawin's hand, he could still try and reset time. She couldn't move, couldn't rush forward and swipe the gun from his hands. The Jumper was weakened but, the wall at her back was the only thing keeping him from appearing behind her and stabbing her in the back...again.

The choice as to whether this night ends here or if they go another round was left up to the man with the most to lose.

Kawin.

18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Breathing the thin air at the top of the Rey

Kneeling down he had a moment to just begin to look at the Professor before he felt it. The wrongness of something, someone being there that wasn't just a moment before, and it happened again. He didn't even feel it entering, just he knew someone was there and then he was falling face forward, twisting himself as he did so, only he didn't feel a push. He felt a pressure. Something was wrong, I could not move my legs!

He felt it being pulled out, heard the breathing and the words as the knife was removed from his back. The same knife that had killed him not too long ago now. The pain was radiating, shooting down him as he lay there, no longer able to hide the fact of what had happened in the denial and adrenaline that moment had born in him. It had taken only a second or two, yet it felt like an eternity was held in that moment as those words were uttered and the knife removed. Whatever this teleporter had done had bypassed his bullet proof jacket in some way, a seam in the wrong place or the man had used his abilities to move his knife into place, but that was the thoughts of a racing mind trying to avoid one simple truth. I cannot move my legs! The jacket had failed, and he wasn't dead or dying.

He pushed himself over, rolling onto his side to clear his weapon holding hand to look down as Jane fired. He watched with fascination as the man that was their bane flickered, seemingly safe for a just a moment before reappearing further down the hall, a dead heap upon the ground. He couldn't move his legs. Dead or dying the one who had wounded him laid there as Kawin held his pistol. Weighing it as one who though he had to take a shot only to find it was gone, but yet he couldn't drop it.

"Don't" she shouted at him. Don't? He looked at then, with a thousand yard stare. Looking at and through and beyond her. My legs, I can't. . .move. What was there to say? He stared for a moment before looking down at their foe, someone who could materialize and move himself and objects through space-time at will. The gun wavered in his grip as he stared down at the body. At his feet.

Not even a wiggle. It was a sobering thought as he looked and trying to do anything, something with all his might. His only compensation was that he could breath, he had aimed low enough down his spine that he apparently didn't have to worry about breathing. But his legs, his feet, not a twitch.

Beginning to hyperventilate he noted the dull nothingness that seemed to envelope him. Shock most likely, that's what the seminars he had to attend to go hunting had called it. When you don't feel nothing because your emotions are so raw. So raw. Nothing.

Screaming he squeezed the trigger, again, again, and again! He didn't stop screaming until after his gun was clicking, dry firing into the air after he had unloaded into the body of the man that was responsible.

Collapsing onto the floor he breathed heavy. His eyes going distant to focus on a distant future, lost and found. A stream of tears began to drip from the crease of his eyes blurring his vision. Feeling the shooting pain. Feeling nothing. Feeling shooting pain. Feeling nothing.

Pain.

Nothing.

Pain.

Nothing.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 , @LordTroepfchen

HanSolo29 likes this.
  19. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    5th Floor, Rey Motel

As the man she'd fired disappeared his gaze swept the hall. Her heart was racing, he wasn't dead, this wasn't over she needed...Then she saw a body collapsed on the ground. Right away she looked to Kawin, he could turn back the clock, undo all the work that had been done here. He was on his side gun raised, she tensed to try and stop him should he turn the gun on himself but, he didn't. He pointed it at the lump of black that lay at the end of the hall.

Screaming he let his gun go off, putting bullet after bullet into man. Jane knew that rage, she'd felt it mere hours ago, if that. The rage at the person that took everything from you. She counted off the shots, until she knew he was dry, the clicking of the hammer falling on empty chambers her signal. She moved forward kicking the knife away from the limp body. She was still running on her training, take the weapon out of the equation before checking, for a pulse. Her fingers searched the neck trying to find the artery. It would be hard to feel it over the pounding heart beat in her ears. She felt nothing, and saw nothing, he was gone, finally this fight was over.

Coming over to the two bodies against the wall she put her left hand over the revolver pointing it away from herself, and him. She saw the tears streaming down his face, the anguish in his face. She'd seen this face before, in the young children holding their dead parents, in the parents clutching their dying child, in the man that had lost his arm holding on to a bleeding stump. Loss, unimaginable, painful loss. Their lives would never be the same, everything had been taken away from them in that moment.

Though Jane could understand, she didn't feel, didn't feel, until right now. Her heart stirred, for just a moment. She could empathize with all those people, because she's felt that loss, she felt it looking at her uncle's hunched form, blood dripping from his head.

The hunter leaned close to the hunted her head resting against his, hand still wrapped around the gun.

"Sorry," She wasn't apologizing for her, more that she was sorry that this happened to him. His only crime was being too different for others to handle. She rose to her feet pulling the gun away and tossing it to the side. As she walked away, blood still dripping from her wounds, she smiled. It was over, this whole crazy mission was over. It was time to leave, to disappear for awhile. Maybe to Riyad like she planed, or maybe back to Kabul, she liked the winters there. She had spent too much time in the states, time to get some distance. She took out her phone, the one she'd been given at the start of this.

With a flick of her wrist she threw it away, her final tether cast off, she was free. And with her new found power, more dangerous than ever. She would take some time to heal, to recuperate but, afterwards, she would be once more a gun for hire, a mercenary, a freelancer.

It was all she knew how to do.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  20. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO and ALPHA
    Antville

Sebastian saw the bodies and the broken door. This had to be the third of the prisoners. He had obviously used the events that Sebastian had set in motion to break out. Concentrating Sebastian decided to go where he would go after breaking out. Antville.

The town was still the assembly of ruins he had found earlier. But it was not completely abandoned anymore. A single man stood on the Main Street and turned to Sebastian, as he switched into existence.

There he was, standing in the midst of the street. The man was blonde and blue eyed. He was wearing a simple overall, which he might have snatched somewhere inside the installation and army boots. He was probably in his late thirties. Actually handsome, also truly ordinary the same time. Only his eyes had a feverish gleam. Something alike to the Source in his last hours. Sebastian realized immediately this was the man who had killed the soldiers inside.

"You are the powerful one. I felt your presence." He spoke with a strange accent. A hint of British and something else. "So there are more of us now?"

"You can feel us?" Sebastian asked and looked at him. The man laughed.

"Comes with time. When you get more attuned to it. After this raw state you are still in." A grin appeared on his face, that looked like a predator. Sebastian tensed and prepared himself for a fight, should this man attack.

"I am Alpha." He finally said. "So you must be Omega?" He laughed at Sebastian.

"I am Sebastian." Sebastian answered and lay his head aside. "Not big on bible metaphors."

The man nodded. "Jewish? Muslim? Atheist?" The question sounded strangely important to him.

"A bit of all of this and I actually dig Buddhism, too." He replied, still feeling the tension. What a strange question. Alpha took one step towards him and raised his hand.

"Don't." Sebastian said and froze time. The other man obviously was not frozen. But he smiled and lowered his arm.

"Oh you are truly the end of everything. Are you?" He nodded. "Let me go and our pathes shall never cross again."

Sebastian looked at him and considered the words. He liked the idea of never seeing this strange man again, actually. Yet, he felt he might regret it one day. Nodding he lifted the freezing and the man nodded gratefully.

"Time is a healer, they say. They do not understand time. Not like we do. Time is chaos, spreading and ever growing. Time is the fire in which this world burns and Gods are born. Like me. Like you. Don't you think so?" Alpha asked.

Sebastian thought about the metaphor presented and caught himself nodding. The Source had been burned in this fire. Ayshe had. And he was slowly understanding why.

"I don't think we should ever cross paths again. I am no God, but not a man either." Sebastian was talking in a calm voice now. "Are we enemies?" He finally asked.

Alpha smiled. "No, not today. But we have eternity to become enemies, I guess. For we two own eternity."

And with these words Alpha vanished. He did not switch out of existence, but left a sharp sound and snow being hurled up as he seemed to vanish forcefully out of existence. To the right one of the ruins collapsed. Sebastian gave the man's last words a moment to sink in and then he vanished, too.

Tag: @LordTroepfchen

HanSolo29 and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  21. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007

Kawin was left on the floor and next to him he heard the Professor slowly breathing slower and slower.

"I am sorry I could not ..." The man was fighting to talk. "... help you." He said. With his last strength he pushed himself next to Kawin. "There ... will be more of you. Many more." He gasped and touched Kawin's hand. "And there are ... "

He never ended the sentence. He gasped one last time and lay with staring eyes next to Kawin.

A minute passed or was it ten or fifteen? It was impossible to say ... but then there were steps. Sebastian had returned to the horrific scene finding the Professor and the unknown attacker dead in the corridor. For him hours had passed while here only half an hour had played out. Also obviously with fatal consequences.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins, @Mitth_Fisto

22. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego
    The Rey, 5th floor

The room was empty. The Professor was nowhere to be seen. But the door was open. It was disorienting. Antville. Now here? All of it had happened within moments. The freezing cold, now the shady little room. Dark and empty.

He stepped outside and there was a body of a man. Shot dead. Beta he assumed. The absence of the third Antville prisoner had been nothing he had realized until now. His eyes went down the corridor and he gasped as he saw the bloody scene that had played out here. The Professor was dead. Mulligan was on the floor in a pool of blood. Next to him lay another man. The Canadian. Kawin. Sebastian felt tired, but found the strength to stop time once more as he stepped over to Kawin. The man was hurt, obviously. "What happened?" He simply asked, kneeling next to him and grabbing him under the shoulders to push drag him up and into a sitting position. He knelt before him and sighed. "You are injured." Obviously he was, but he could not help but saying it. Why had Kawin not reset? Something must have had happened to him.

Giving him a tortured smile he realized how many where dead. How high the price had been for what should have felt like a victory, yet tasted like defeat. Kyle, Lambs, the attackers and now Mulligan.

Before Sebastian was the only other survivor of the hunt now, he realized. The only one except him who had these powers. He felt like crying. He felt like screaming. Yet, he looked at the man with sad and exhausted eyes and knew that he had failed him in many ways. The war had been won, but not all battles had been victories.

Tag: @LordTroepfchen, @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    HanSolo29 likes this.
  23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

It was odd hearing her voice, it seemed to have come from a distance. Her last words to the dieing and broken as he laid like a corpse next to the professor who was almost one. Her forehead had touched his, and for a moment he had that welling up within where he wanted to simply bawl, he face scrunched as the blood rushed to his otherwise vacant expression as she pulled away and then walked away. He wanted to let it out, but that that there was nothing, he felt nothing below that figuratively and painfully literal stabbing pain in his back stopped any more than that trickle of tears from escaping his eyes. No words to call for her, nothing.

Though he gasped and sputtered, he did not let it out. He held onto these moments. The pain and the nothing.

Then he heard the professor the old man had gone from his position of slumped against the wall and barely breathing, to laying down next to Kawin, whispering a death speech of the only thing a teacher, a professor can bring himself to share. Knowledge. "I am sorry I could not ..." The man was fighting to talk. "... help you." He said. With his last strength he pushed himself next to Kawin. "There ... will be more of you. Many more." He gasped and touched Kawin's hand. "And there are ... "

He never ended the sentence. He gasped one last time and lay with staring eyes next to Kawin. Turning his head Kawin had stared into those eyes, as best he was able and watched the dull light light within flicker and fade, he had felt that hand and instinctively squeezed it. As though that pressure, that lasting contact could do anything for either of them. How long he layed like that, holding the hand of a corpse meters away from the body of the man that killed the professor and crippled him. He could not say.

Then there was the sound. A new person, someone was here. A part of him. Some small part wanted to go for his gun, but it was just a useless tool now. Besides, what the worst they could do to him? He wouldn't, couldn't feel half of himself, and the other half? Likely to kill him. He felt a dry cough escape at that thought, it might of been the start of a laugh that had died too fast. Then he heard it, nothing. The absolute stillness in a city that never slept.

He hadn't even noticed all the noises going on about him until they weren't there. And then he saw him, heard him. Sebastian. "What happened?" He simply asked, kneeling next to Kawin and grabbing him under the shoulders to push drag him up and into a sitting position. He knelt before him and sighed. "You are injured."

Kawin grunted slightly at the motion, and he just stared at the man that he had already watched die twice today. "Today blows." he simply stated as his eyes wandered briefly before stopping to look at his own legs. "Stopped a bomb and found another like us on the way here after you died, and we died a few times. Bomb and F-B-I. We tried to check in and fought the man, teleporter or whatever. He stabbed me in the back. Gave us a choice, kill him or save myself."

He sniffed, the mucous finally flowing forward in this sitting position. "I chose to stop him." His arms started to jerk at that. As though he wanted to point but stopped himself, and then did so again, and again until he gestured at his lower half. "I can't feel it. Can't move it." He started to loose composure there, the tears streaming freely again as his nose began to drip. "I had to. Didn't I?"

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins

HanSolo29 likes this.
  24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego
    The Rey, 5th floor

Sebastian looked at Mulligan and felt as if he had failed them. There had never been a choice, but nevertheless he felt like he had failed them.

The story of Kawin started after they left the club. He did not realize of course Sebastian had not been in the club, not this Sebasrian. But he knew the outcome already. Everyone was dead. Everyone except Kawin.

This had been the battle Ayshe had arranged, while had fought the one she had tried to avoid. She had lost both and her complete failure had the ultimate price. How fitting.

They had won. Why did it not feel like a victory then?

A teleporter. Sebastian had picked that one up from the Source and maybe the Source from this guy? In another timeline or another reality? Sebastian wiped the thought aside. He would never know.

"We all died a few times today, did we?" He gave the man a smile ... the thought was in a very bitter way very funny. "And it was indeed quite a day."

He looked at the legs and touched them, but what did he know about injuries? He had no experience with medical things. Actually he had never shot a person before today. Or teleported or travelled through time. It had indeed been a steep learning curve.

"I had to. Didn't I?"

Sebastian looked at Kawin. Everybody did what he had to. The President, Ayshe, Elena, Simmons, the Killers. They had all been hiding behind the curtain of having no alternative to their actions? Why shouldn't they?

"Yes. You had to. We all did what we had to do, I guess." He paused and then with a sigh reported his own actions. Kawin was the only one who should know, who had a right to know. "I found those responsible for this. She is gone, too." He got out his mobile ... the one Elena had given him and looked at it. "It is over, Kawin. They won't hunt us anymore. It is over." But at what price?

Sebastian wondered if there was a timeline where they had all lived? Where Kyle and Kawin and Elena and all the others had a beer and laughed about it all. Where nobody died, but people were brought to justice for their crimes. Maybe the universe did not like happy endings. Maybe it just did not care.

"I will go now. Call an ambulance. You got nothing to fear anymore." Sebastian stood up and left the mobile next to Kawin. He looked down at the man and realized that they would probably never see each other again.

Tag: @LordTroepfchen, @Mitth_Fisto

HanSolo29 likes this.
  25. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

It was a hollow thing, the words seemed to float by, into, and through him. He didn't feel them now, those words of vindication and perhaps a little bit of absolution. The words that it was over seemed to hang there, he didn't reply not even when the other said the words of no one hurting them again.

His mind numbly thought of seeing Sebastian touching his leg. It might as well have been another man's leg being touched. Never hurt us again. A hollow statement. Another echo that seemed to fade away without truly being. Someday maybe these words would come back to him, to comfort or to haunt he did not know. He was only sure that these days, these two days would haunt him for ever.

"You'll leave me as well?" he asked simply, raising a hand he adjusted his glasses. "You realize, we are the start of spring rain. I feel like we should know each other, there are just three of us now, for a little while." His mind was wandering. It was hard to focus on what he wanted to say, so many things seemed to press on him and press out on everything else. After these two days, customer service is going to be so shallow, so simple. "There is so much more to fear. So much." he muttered.

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins , @LordTroepfchen

HanSolo29 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.