main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller The Crossing

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by LordTroepfchen, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Maria Liang, New York, New York

Maria returned the smile and nodded. "I got everything I came for, thanks." She stepped back. Then she turned to Jane. "Make it look like a robbery." She said with a sigh and winked. No witness. She planned to kill everyone who had a phone like this. A man who knew she had acquired these numbers would be too easy to trace for the police. And also she was sure Simmons could help with that, there was no reason, why she would let anybody slow them down only to spare a man's life.

Making her way out she let Jane do her work.

Tag: GalacticVagabond, LordT

2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jane
    Red Point Media, New York

"Make it look like a robbery." That was what Maria said as she passed Jane. The freelancer's face soured. She understood why this had to happen. No one else could know about this, know that they existed, know that these people, these numbers were targets. Jane closed her eyes opening them up slowly as she drew her weapon.

She didn't stop to look at the man's face, or if he was reaching for anything. Her first shot hit him in the gut. Her breath hitched in her throat, as the recoil shook her chest. The next was right above the first most likely clipping his right lung. Her heart beat against her ribs feeling the kickback. The last one was in his heart. A smile curled her lips as she smelled that familiar scent of a freshly fired gun.

It was sloppy shooting for a professional, it looked panicked, rising up from right to left. That was intentional. She could have just put a bullet between his eyes and end it there but, very few robberies were committed by cold killers. No, this had to look like someone just got an itchy trigger finger.

Calmly she approached the body smile on her features, breathing just a little shallower, Still coming down from the rush that hit her veins. She took his wallet and any other valuables on him. Next she opened the register grabbing just a fist full of money. She was telling a story, someone panicked shot the shop keep, the other had to rush the rest of it, leaving some cash behind. On her way out Jane picked up two cellphone headsets.

Outside she handed one of them to Maria.

"To keep in contact, in case we get separated." She held on to hers putting it into a pocket. "Where next?" she asked eyes sweeping the area for cops. "Well we have a little spending money so we don't have to bill our Uncle." she said somewhat offhandedly, seemingly unaffected by the cold blooded murder she'd just committed.

TAG" TheSithGirly LordTroepfchen

HanSolo29 likes this.
  3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle
    Washington D.C., Diner

The world went insane again.

Things stopped moving. For a second time in his young life, Kyle saw death. This time, in the form of a bullet aimed for him. It would have struck him. He felt kinda numb as Sebastian gently pushed him away.

Kyle swallowed hard. So, it WAS Sebastian. He was doing this somehow. Had to be. But, that would explain why people would be after Sebastian. But they werent. THIS guy was after him. WHY? Kyle felt like his head would
    burst with all the questions that he had. He looked up, when Sebastian spoke to him.

"Wait here for a moment, okay? I think it is time we get some answers."

Kyle numbly nodded his head. What else was he to say? He would be dead otherwise. He watched as Sebastian walked back into the diner, through all the glass. Kyle kept a careful look out, just in case him and Sebastian were not the only ones unaffected.

Kyle watched as Sebastian looked at the man, then looked at a nearby bar stool. "Time we get some answers, right?" Kyle watched, slightly horrified, and slightly fascinated, as Sebastian pummeled the man repeatedly with the bar stool.

"Check him for ID, or any other stuff he might have on him." Kyle replied from his look out spot. Kyle thought aloud, "Hmm. Wonder if they got any cameras in this place. Bet that will be interesting." Kyle then looked over at the waitress and cook. "Do you think he would shoot them too?" he asked Sebastian. After all, a murder usually didnt like to leave witnesses. Kyle grew silent again. This guy didnt want to catch him. The guy wanted him DEAD.

But why?

Tag: DarkLordoftheFins, LordTroepfchen

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  4. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Amanda Pryce
    The flat of Kawin

She gave him a long look, then she laughed. The answer was what anyone would answer to an absurd question like this.

"Well, a Borg Invasion is as good a guess as any other right now." Amanda sighed. "Truth is, there are people who believe that you and four other individuals will end the world. We ... and no I won't tell you who we are ... believe that this might not be exactly true and all of this might be ... part of something else entirely. A plot we might never unravel if our trigger-happy American friends kill you guys one by one. Two are already dead. Now that American is here to kill you. What I have been told he is good at it. Very good. They all are. Your hunters are the best of the best which makes keeping you alive ... kind of a challenge. All we had was me. So here I am. Having to decide if I leave you to the American to save the world or help you escape and try to unravel all of this. So basically I was asked to evaluate the question if we can trust you. And if we can, the next question is, do you trust me? Because I need your help. We need to find the others." She sighed and gave the man a last long look. "I don't believe you want to end the world." She finally said and threw an envelope on the table. "In there you find 20k in cash, a flex-ticket for an omnibus to whatever location you like and a SIM card with my number on it." She sighed. "Do you know who the others are? I mean someone tipped you off obviously or you would have died an hour ago."

She had not anticipated him being attacked at work, but obviously he had been. He had come here hours to early. And she had heard the American had went straight for his company. A semi-public execution. These guys really had confidence to act like this. She knew what that meant. Government. The people hunting this poor fellas were US Government. What the hell had she got herself into?

Tag: Mitth_Fisto

5. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007

Maria looked at Jane and shrugged. "I am better at finding them and you are supposed to be the expert in killing them."

She took the headset and sighed. "So I guess you are paid for the dirty work, ain't you?"

Maria slowly walked back to the car. "I need a few hours for the numbers. You got any safe place to stay?" She was close to ending the hunt and reveal the traitor. But it would be more safe to do it alone. Jane followed orders, which was good. But Maria did not know how high in the chain of command the traitor was. Maybe his next order would be to cut off this lead ... by ending her. And she needed to talk to Adrian.

"Let us regroup in the morning." She smiled. "You can have the car."

6. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

The freelancer moved to the car giving a curious look to Maria.

"You're not coming with?" She asked standing by the car. "We can stay at…my uncle's place. He lives in the city." She paused for a moment, they had worked together for this long, why separate now? "We should really stick together. If there's a traitor, being apart makes us easier to stop, easier to pick off." She stepped closer. "I'm the expert at killing, if you get into trouble I won't be there to get you out, and you're the only one that can use these numbers and turn it into something actionable. You're too valuable to leave out in the open." Jane didn't want to give the wrong impression. She didn't really care about the other woman's wellbeing. All she cared about was getting this job done, and Maria was now an important part of that. She died, Jane's part of the operation was hosed and the whole mission fails.

"Wherever you're going I'm going too." She almost glared at the better dressed woman across from her. "If you're worried about me distracting you…I can be very quiet. You won't even notice I'm there."

TAG: TheSithGirly LordTroepfchen

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  7. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007

Maria smiled. What ruled Jane out as a traitor? Well, she had no information that was deep enough. "No, where I am going I cannot take you with me." Maria knew contacting Adrian with anybody around was not an option. Not if she wanted to get a real answers "And they are looking for two girls, if they are looking. So we are better of if we change our pattern for a few hours."

Maria sighed. She understood the operational logic of Jane's words. There were just things that went deeper than she could imagine. And something was wrong with this job. She had killed two people today, one by her own hands and one by ordering the death. Whatever happened here, she needed to know ... she deserved to know what was going on. "Let me do my work. I can watch myself. We meet again in the morning and bring this to an end."

Maria nodded and turned to leave. The discussion was over. She had to go to a dark place. The Shadow Network was not a place to share with anyone who was not invited.

Mitth_Fisto and Ktala like this.
  8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: President Kurt Roland
    Oval Office, White House, Washington D.C.

As the morning progressed, Kurt found that it was becoming increasingly more difficult to concentrate. Ever since Matt had revealed that he had carried through with the necessary inquiries into the Antville operation, he had been on edge. An imminent response seemed likely, perhaps coming even before his daily briefing…but it never happened. The hours continued to tick by, and still…nothing. Their silence was palpable.

And so, by the time the science council meeting rolled around, his attention was effectively divided. Fortunately, it did not require a lot of heavy thinking; his people had scheduled the meeting simply to appease the other side. He only had to listen and occasionally offer his own suggestions where necessary. They were hardly writing policy, which made it a painless endeavor.

After exchanging ideas with the group, the meeting came to a close, and Kurt took his place at the head of the procession as the scientists filed out of the room. Somewhere among the hand shakes and cordial farewells, he was approached by Morgan, the Secret Service agent assigned to his protection for the day. The man remained stern as he whispered briefly in his ear and handed him a mobile phone.

Kurt acknowledged the gesture with a short nod before tightening his grip on the device. It was about time

And yet, it was odd to have them contact him on this line…

A frown crossed his features as he gave Matt a wayward glance. As soon as the other man caught on, Kurt excused himself from his guests and backtracked through the Oval Office to his private study.

He spoke only after he was out of earshot, “This is President Roland.”

"Mr. President, my name is Simmons and I was asked to talk to you about Antville. Please forgive me the breaking of the chain of command, but it is not easy to find a secure line nowadays."

Kurt inhaled deeply and leaned forward so that he had a line of sight out to where Matt was busy corralling the scientists. He pressed his lips into a thin line; no doubt this man had access to the right resources. That made him dangerous. He would need to play this carefully. “Under the circumstances, I’m willing to let that slide for now, Mr. Simmons. We seem to have more pressing matters to attend to.”

There was a slight pause as he angled his gaze to the floor. “Do you mind bringing me up to speed?”

TAG: LordTroepfchen

9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    Vancover, Canada, Flat

Kawin blinked simply as he pushed his glasses back on as she seemed to look at him of a moment of still silence, then she laughed.

"Well, a Borg Invasion is as good a guess as any other right now." Amanda sighed. "Truth is, there are people who believe that you and four other individuals will end the world. We ... and no I won't tell you who we are ... believe that this might not be exactly true and all of this might be ... part of something else entirely. A plot we might never unravel if our trigger-happy American friends kill you guys one by one. Two are already dead. Now that American is here to kill you. What I have been told he is good at it. Very good. They all are. Your hunters are the best of the best which makes keeping you alive ... kind of a challenge. All we had was me. So here I am. Having to decide if I leave you to the American to save the world or help you escape and try to unravel all of this. So basically I was asked to evaluate the question if we can trust you. And if we can, the next question is, do you trust me? Because I need your help. We need to find the others." She sighed and gave the man a last long look. "I don't believe you want to end the world." She finally said and threw an envelope on the table. "In there you find 20k in cash, a flex-ticket for an omnibus to whatever location you like and a SIM card with my number on it." She sighed. "Do you know who the others are? I mean someone tipped you off obviously or you would have died an hour ago."

He shrugged nervously at the question. Really he was a little bit of an information overload. If his name had been a more common one like John Smith he might of tried to shout that they had the wrong guy. Kawin Muthurangu? Not exactly that many anywhere. "Just a woman on the phone. Telling me someone was going to kill me, that when I got here I had," Checking his watch he notes the time. "I Think I had ten minutes when I walked into my flat. She had said fifteen when I left work and caught a cab. She wants to meet I think, in USA of all places." he sighed heavily at that statement. If what this new woman was telling him was true, he was literally being requested to come to the lions den on this one. Reaching down he took the envelope. Removed the pass and tucked it with his passport in his back pocket which he buttoned, and then he shoved the now closed envelope without further adoo than that quick glance into his front.

Question was did he truly trust this woman? Did he trust the other? Both were telling similar tales and so far the rest of the world seemed to be going along with supporting each other one's claims. "New Jersey." he simply sighed. "If she's right about the time as she was about that man coming to kill me I got to go." Slowly he started walk toward the door. Making sure to keep himself facing her. Whatever else he had planned on grabbing here he decided would waste time he likely didn't have. After all, he didn't want to tempt fate and if the money was good he could buy what he needed in route.

Tag: SirakRomar

10. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Washington D.C., Diner

(a little combined with Fin)

The stool crashed into the Shooter and the man was wiped of his feet by the surprise attack ... he probably had no idea what hit him. Immediately he froze midair. The second blow send his gun flying and broke his arm, while he crashed to the ground. Before the pain even reached him a third blow hit his head and in Sebastian's hands the stool broke apart.

Then everything went back to normal. The Waitress screamed, the other guest remained trembling behind the counter and the Shooter writhed in pain. "How ... " That was all he could say before freezing again.

Sebastian grabbed down and found a passport in the left pocket of the man's coat. It identified him as Antony Michael Moore. US Marshall.

The moment Sebastian had drawn it from the man's jacket time returned to normal. And he felt something warm covering his mouth. His nose was bleeding. "How did you do this?" Moore asked through his clenched teeth that very covered in blood. He looked at Kyle and then at Sebastian again. The murderous rage was gone now. Moore was terrified.

Tag: Fin, Ktala

Washington D.C., The White House, Corridor

There was a moment of silence in the line. Then Simmons sighed. "Mr. President, what I am about to tell you is hard to believe, but I will tell you truthfully what this is about. A month ago we have received five ... predictions, by a man we call the Source. Nobody did give the information a lot of attention, then the first one became true. An exact prediction of the outcome of a soccer match in the UK. Every goal, every minute, every player and penalty was correct. A man called Professor Jared was brought in. Then the regendum in turkey happened. The exact votes were predicted correctly. Absolute correctly. The third event was an attack on the US embassy. We intervened. The bomb went off, but we saved dozens of US lives. Because we knew exactly who was doing the attack." Simmons paused. "The final two predictions are a bit more extreme in nature, but we have been given a list of the individuals responsible for these coming events. Background checks came up empty. Nevertheless we decided to act. Antville was initiated. Our target are six persons named by the Source. We are making progress in eliminating the targets, Sir. Rest assured the operation will be concluded successfully in the next few hours." Simmons paused and allowed the President to talk. He had not revealed all, but he hoped it was enough. The story was bizarre when summarized like that.

Tag: HanSolo29

Vancover, Canada, Flat

While Amanda and Kawin were talking they could impossibly see the car park outside. Rutherford looked around and found the street reasonably empty. Grabbing his gun he stepped outside his car and checked his gun, while moving to the house with swift steps.

Mitth_Fisto, SirakRomar [\b] (second Tag farther down ...)

New York, Streets

Sirens of police cars came closer from a distance. They were not necessary coming towards them, but it could also not been ruled out ...

Tag: @galactic-vagabound22, TheSithGirly

New York, Park Hyatt, Hotel Room

So many impressions that made so little sense and all leading to darkness ... leading to an absence of impressions. What did this mean? What was this darkness?

Elena wiped her nose which had begun bleeding again and went to the bathroom again. Ever since she had run into the Spaniard at the airport the floating impressions had tortured her. She had found them. All of them. But why could she not see beyond this point?

She washed her face and looked into the mirror. "Oh God, please." She mumbled in Russian and felt the tears coming to her eyes.

Then a new impression hit her. It was Kawin. The Killer had catched up with him. Trembling she stumbled back to the large bed and grabbed her mobile. She did not have the strength to talk, but a message ... maybe a message ...

NOT THE DOOR. RUN.

She hit the send button and collapsed next to the bed.

Cannot link pictures from my mobile, so this is what "Elena" looks like:

https://goo.gl/images/LbzSaM

Ktala and HanSolo29 like this.
  11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Vancover, Canada, Flat

Kawin paused as he felt his phone vibrate, his new phone to be precise since he had ditched his old one. Taking it out he looked at the screen and with widening eyes he dashed to the door and locked it. Then, turning around like a cornered animal he simply spoke what he knew, "Not safe that way. Gotta get out." he spoke quickly yet quietly as his mind went through hunter and prey mode. Only now he was the prey and his home was the kill box. Great.

Felt like a turkey shoot, which he only did once. Never could attest to something where the animal didn't have a chance. Probably also why he had taken to using the bow more in later life and less of the rifle, always good to leave the prey a way out, a window of chance and opportunity. Not that in this disorganized mess that his apartment had become could he find anything like a bow and arrow set easily. Wait. . .Window. "Window." he quickly whispered as he rushed toward the back of his place, if he saw something he could grab easily he would on the way. But honestly just running for life was paramount.

So much so he totally was ignoring the woman that until moments ago had been the biggest concern and threat to his life.

TAG: SirakRomar, LordTroepfchen

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle
    Washington D.C., Diner

Kyle watched in fascination and horror as Sebastian did his 'trick'. In the back of his mind, Kyle was aware as the world blinked several times, as Sebastian would hit the man, and then refreeze everything. And the last blow, sounds came back.

A scream broke Kyle out of his stupor. The waitress and cook were hidden behind the counter. The shooter lay on the ground.

"How ... " That was all the shooter could say before the world froze again. Meanwhile, Kyle scanned the floor. He he found what he was looking for, he walked over to it. The gun the man was going to shoot him with. He kicked it far underneath something. A jukebox? Some type of machine. He just wanted it far away. He then walked back towards the doorway, to keep watch.

Sebastian grabbed down and found a passport in the left pocket of the man's coat. It identified him as Antony Michael Moore. US Marshall. The police were involved?!! Marshall's?? Kyle started to shake. At the
    moment, all he wanted to do was to go and find someplace safe to hide.

Time snapped back. Kyle could see Sebastian's nose was bleeding. "How did you do this?" the man asked Sebastian. He then turned his head to look over towards Kyle. The man looked scared. Well, that made two
    of em. Kyle felt like he was about to lose it. It seemed like every time they found out something, it only made things worse.

Kyle looked around. Time was back to normal. Between the guys behind the counter, who could be calling the cops right now, to the window that was just shot out, it would not be long before there would be a response. Kyle didnt want to use Sebastian's name out loud, So Kyle carefully stepped around the doorway, still keeping a careful lookout.

"Gotta hurry." he whispered in a shaky voice.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  13. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

Jane clinched her fist as Maria walked away. What did she have to do that was so secret? The freelancer narrowed her eyes. The traitor was on the inside most likely from the beginning. Maria just appeared, very close to Mr. Simmons. Unconsciously she began to reach for her weapon. It would be simple, just two shots to her back. Make it look like the robber, the one with the itchy trigger finger, taking out a witness. She would of course she would have to take the headset off her person that wouldn't be so hard.

The tip of her finger just touched the textured grip of her Glock when sirens started to sound. It didn't seem like they were coming closer but, it mean she couldn't hang around any longer. She would trust Maria, for now. She killed Lambs, yes but, possibly to keep her cover, she knew Jane would be just around the corner to finish the job if she didn't. And if she just let them go to be gunned down by her partner suspicion would be her.

Jane never took her eyes off Maria as she got into the car. She waited until the other woman disappeared from view then pulled away.

Her uncle lived in a nice quiet neighborhood on the other side of town. Looking at it one would never know the person living here, had served twenty years in the military, had done some of the darkest things the government could never admit to. She pulled into the driveway seeing only the old battered SUV that Owen drove.

Jane got out and knocked on the door and let out a breath.

It had been nearly three years since she saw him last, how would her react.

TAG: TheSithGirly LordTroepfchen

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Corridor, White House, Washington D.C.

Kurt involuntarily winced and slid the phone momentarily from his lips as he unleashed an exasperated sigh. He did not want the man on the other end to hear his disappointment over the course of events. The story itself sounded contrived, as if he had stolen it from the plot of a second-rate action movie. It had little base in reality, which was cause for concern. Kurt would not force himself to make any rash decisions based on a set of vague predictions that were seemingly perceived through an act of clairvoyance. That was utter nonsense. While he maintained his own faith, he still considered himself a realist. Something like that did not exist…

…did it?

He had to admit, there were some coincidences he could not explain, but that did not mean the entire narrative was grounded in truth. Hitting on some key points, such as the embassy bombing and the professor, did not give the man a pass. But despite his reservations, it was Kurt’s duty to follow-up on these claims, especially with the clock ticking. If Simmons’s timeline was correct, they only had a few hours to act…perhaps even less.

Clenching his jaw, he forced himself to continue the conversation. “These predictions…” he drawled, treating the word as an affront. It was clear that he was skeptical. “You’re absolutely certain that they warrant this kind of response? There’s a significant difference between the outcome of a soccer match and our national security, Mr. Simmons. Can you be any more specific? I need reassurance that these people will not be dying in vain.”

There was a long pause as he observed the activity out in the main office. After a moment, he turned away, his back now facing the departing scientists.

“Is the Source trustworthy?”

15. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO
    Diner, Washington D.C.

It had worked. Again. The man lay in front of him and gasped in pain. He had had no chance.

But the moment that problem was solved, the next one was there. "He is a US Marshall." Sebastian said to Kyle and made sure with a look the other people in the Diner did not do anything funny.

Kyle asked to hurry up and Sebastian nodded. He was right. Then again, how could anyone catch them now? This power ... felt so strangely familiar. Yet, he was sure he had only tipped the iceberg. There was probably much more he could do. And with a sad smile he realized his life was over. The life he had known was over.

"I had a pretty bad opinion of the current US Government, but since when do law enforcement officers execute teenagers? Hm?" He turned to the man and sighed, noticing Kyle had taken care of the gun. "You could have easily arrested him, so I assume this is not an official investigation or something, hm?" He knelt next to the man and stared at him. Ready to stop time at the smallest indication he tried to attack. "Why do you want to kill the boy?"

To give his words a bit more meaning he put his gun onto the knee of the Marshall. It was too late not to do harm to him. Now the only way to go was moving forward. Whatever he had got himself into because of this girl calling him ... he had to play his part now.

Sebastian wondered if he could kill someone if necessary. The idea frightened him. Self-defense. You always believed that would make such things easy. Nothing was easy now. No he could not kill another human being. He was sure of that. But, ... he could hurt him. And he would, if the guy did not talk really soon. Because one thing was clear to him, as he wiped the blood from his bleeding nose. The Marshall would not stand a chance.

Tag: LordT, Ktala

HanSolo29 and Ktala like this.
  16. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Amanda Pryce
    The flat of Kawin

There were several things she needed if her almost impossible mission was meant to succeed. First of all, Kawin had to stay alive. He was her only way in. Her only asset. Second one was she had to identify the attackers. This was a chance to achieve both. Also at considerable risk.

She jumped up and drew her gun from her leather jacket. "Listen, this is my mobile. One number in. Will be a Mailbox. Tell them what you told me. Then keep it with you so I can find you." She threw her mobile to him. "I buy you time."

With that she picked one of her ids and stepped into the living room. "Run. Take a bus. Go. Now."

That was really all she could do for the poor guy.

Amanda was a professional, but in her line of profession she had barely been forced to use violence. She had never killed anyone. The only shot she had ever fired had been into the air. Now that might change.

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle
    Diner, Washington D.C.

Kyle stood quietly by, as he kept very quiet. He was trying his very best to control his shaking, as he kept a careful watch. Between the poor guys hiding behind the counter, and anyone who might come in from off the street, Kyle just stayed crouched down low.

Kyle looked over, as he heard Sebastian talk to the man. "I had a pretty bad opinion of the current US Government, but since when do law enforcement officers execute teenagers? Hm?" A small pause, and Sebastian continued. "You could have easily arrested him, so I assume this is not an official investigation or something, hm?" Another pause.

Then a question. No, THE question.

"Why do you want to kill the boy?"

Kyle wasnt really sure he wanted to hear the answer. But Kyle's mind was a whirlwind. He coudlnt do anything. He sure coudlnt do what he was sure Sebastian could do. All he could do, it seemed was run. And running didnt seem to be a good option at the moment. Nothing did. Kyle felt as if the air was getting thick. He turned away, not looking at Sebastian and the strange man anymore. What was Sebastian going to do?

Was he going to kill the guy? In front of people? That would be witnesses. And the cameras. That would be very bad.

Kyle winced as he covered his face. He tucked away the wrist rocket for now. Kyle just continued to watch the area around the diner, keeping an eye out for any other danger that might head there way.

"This guy might not be alone." Kyle whispered, loud enough for Sebastian to hear him. Didnt cops work in pairs? Kyle wasnt sure. But he was sure he didnt want to find out.

18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Vancover, Canada, Flat

Kawin once more came to a halt in his sudden flight as the voice of the woman broke through his thought process and brought him short. Just in time to see the gun she drew from her pocket, "Listen, this is my mobile. One number in. Will be a Mailbox. Tell them what you told me. Then keep it with you so I can find you." She threw her mobile to him. "I buy you time."

Catching the mobile in a bit of a fumbling motion he simply took this all in with a bit of a dumbstruck look. Did this mean the card with a number on it would no longer work? "Run. Take a bus. Go. Now." she simple told him as she pulled out what looked like an id of some sort.

He briefly wondered at possibly ducking into his bedroom and get his bow ready, but as he looked at the room he shook that idea off. Who knew if the thing was in one piece let alone where the bolts were. Not to mention it was a better choice than a knife, but it still was a worse choice than a gun to a fight such as this. "Thank you." he simply said quietly before stuffing the mobile into his free pocket and making a break for the back of his flat. The emergency exit should be enough. Although if he saw a hat he would grab it from the mess as he went. Something to make him a little less easy to spot.

TAG: SirakRomar, LordTroepfchen

19. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Amanda
    The Flat

(Combined with LordT)

Amanda waited for Kawin to be out before moving to the door. She was barely at it, when she heard the lock open. Lockpicked in seconds. She breathed out, grabbed her gun tight and raised it. Aiming at the door. Slowly the door swinged open and she took aim at where the Killer would appear most likely and breathed half in, as her weapon trainer had showed her.

The door was swinging open so terribly slowly. Somewhere behind herself she heard the emergency exit and knew he had at least a chance to run.

Amanda waited. One second. Another one. Then something moved. She knew she had to hit the trigger, but it wasn't as easy as someone imagined. Should she say something? Should she tell him he had no chance of doing this nice and easy, but only messy? Would he withdraw to look for a more discrete kill?

She did not even have time to realize the thought had been a mistake, when she felt two hollow impacts and gasped out. The chest. The man had hit her twice in the chest and now that it was to late she hit the trigger. A shot rang out of her gun loud and clear. But her vision was blurry, her body felt absent, her hands were shaking. No way she hat hit him. But at least Kawin would hear it. A warning. A warning he was here. The Killer changed position and fired another two from his silenced gun as he slides from one part of the door to the other. She did not even feel the impact this time. Everything just turned to black.

Black.

Tag: Mitth_Fisto, LordT

20. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Washington D.C., Diner

The man gasped and looked at the gun on his knee. It was obvious what he was threatened with. "People want him dead. I just followed orders." His eyes did not leave the gun. "But seriously, with what you just did ... does that surprise you? I can see why someone might consider you dangerous."

Now he looked at Kyle. For him these guys had teleported around in the room and had knocked him out at a speed that seemed impossible. For him these two were not humans. They were monsters.

Tag: Fin, Ktala

Washington D.C., The White House, Corridor

Simmons was silent for a long moment, then he replied. "No. I do not trust him. His information is reliable so far. But there is reason to doubt his loyality." Kurt could hear Simmons was leaning back somewhere. "We are no nutjobs, Mr. President. We are the people who do the work too dirty even for those who do your dirty work. We survive because we have a cool head. We survive because we do not get crazy when the world does. But we succeed because we burden us with the knowledge nobody else wants to be burdened with. I assure you it was not an easy path to believe anything that crazy. So let us forget the soccer game. There could be an explanation for that maybe. The referendum got our guys thinking. He predicted the acting president of turkey would win by 51,3421 percent. Pretty accurate. Then the results came in and said 52 percent. We let him know and he send back ... let us talk in 42 minutes. 42 minutes later the results get corrected to the exact 51,3421 percent. Impressive enough for us to act on his prediction in Egypt. And what did we find? Exactly what he promised. Two bombers by the names he gave us. Both no history before. Ghosts. Sitting on a car full of TNT as he told us. You know how rarely TNT is used by terrorists? We get the handler. One of our own gardeners working at the embassy. Bring him to a black site and interrogate him. I can tell you it was like watching an Arab remake of an US film. Same story, different perspective. Turned at his holiday in Lybia. Planned this on his own. IS was not smart enough for him. He ignored them and planned his own holy war. Got the explosives from his cousin. Attack was meant to happen on April 2nd and they wanted to use a car and blow it up on the traditional market before our embassy. Everything checked out. Every word. All persons involved. I started looking at these predictions more closely. And considering what he predicts next, I was kinda concerned and suggested Antville. His next prediction Mr. President is your assassination."

Simmons paused and waited for the president to respond. Matt meanwhile had a man with him who wasn't leaving. He was brought to the Oval Office and Matt gave him a meaningful look. It was one of the boring Professors.

Tag: HanSolo29

Vancover, Canada, Flat

Behind the flat was the garden of the house. A fence. A street. Then more houses. Even if you were quick you needed thirty seconds for the street and another ten for the cover of the nearest house. The question was therefore how long did the man need to get to the window or door and shoot?

A shot was heard from the inside and obviously the answer was ... he would not need long. A few seconds maybe. Generally it was ... simply ... unlikely that Kawin would make it. If the man missed, maybe. But did men like this miss?

Mitth_Fisto

New York, Motel Babylon, Queens

Maria found a "recommended" motel pretty quickly and as always ... the Shadow Network was waiting for her. With all it's possibilities ...

Tag: (see PM) TheSithGirly

New York, House of Uncle Owen, The Heights

"I knew she would divorce me, but sending you ... after all those years ..." Owen looked at her and then ... he laughed. "Should have called. Not much in the fridge." The broad shouldered elder man waved her to come in and moved through the long floor. The leg had got worse. A lot worse. "Guess you couldn't, hm?" He put the .45 back into the cupboard. Of course he had not been so uncareful to go to a door unprepared.

"Actually just talked about you a minute ago." He sighed and took a turn to the left to the kitchen. "Beer?"

Tag: @galactic-vagabound22

New York, Park Hyatt, Hotel Room

Waking up ... from the American dream. Elena laughed as she found herself on the floor. A five star hotel floor was still pretty much an embarrassing experience.

Slowly crawling up she was happy that there was no storm of impressions this time. It was silent in her mind. Taking the mobile she leaned against the bed. They had to meet, they all had to meet real soon.

Tag: Nobody

HanSolo29 and Ktala like this.
  21. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    New York, House of Uncle Owen, The Heights

He opened the door angered about something, a divorce. Really had things gotten that bad between Uncle Owen and Auntie. He looked at her with his dark brown eyes and laughed, his broad chest and shoulders shaking as he did so. It was enough to make Jane, who had only showed emotion when killing someone, to smile. He was one of the few people that could do that, most of the others were his family, Auntie Alicia and his daughter Natalie.

"Should have called. Not much in the fridge." He waved her in and she followed. As he walked away she noticed his leg, he walked gingerly upon it more so than normal. While he had a tolerance for pain she could see him wince every time he took a step. It was almost sad to see him like this. When she was a girl he was a mountain of a man, invincible, but, even then she could see the aches and pains that were setting in. It was the price he paid for the life he led. "Guess you couldn't, hm?"

"Yeah, I'm working." She said somewhat quietly. She smirked as he put up his .45 an old gun for an old man. She took chair at the dining table hanging her jacket on the back of it. She took out her pistol removing the magazine, she was down three bullets.

"Actually just talked about you a minute ago." Uncle Owen sighed making his way into the kitchen. "Beer?"

"Sure," she called out popping the bullets out of the magazine. "I hope it was good things." Lining up the remaining 9mm shells on the table she looked over to the man making his way to the fridge. "You wouldn't happen to have some 9mils lying about?" She asked looking to keep herself stocked up on ammunition. The house was quiet, it wasn't like this last time she visited. It all felt odd, uncomfortable. "Nat still pulling doubles at the hospital?"

HanSolo29 likes this.
  22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle
    Washington D.C., Diner

Kyle vaguely listened as the man spoke. He felt himself going numb, as the man spoke. "People want him dead. I just followed orders." His eyes did not leave the gun. "But seriously, with what you just did ... does that surprise you? I can see why someone might consider you dangerous."

Kyle scrunched down into a tight ball, staying silent. He felt tears welling up in his eyes. He was NOT going to start crying now. He didnt understand it. HE didnt do anything. It WASNT HIM!! Kyle wanted to scream it to the rooftop. But who would believe him anyway? Besides, why put Sebastian in even more danger? This guy was a killer. He didnt worry about the why. Was just a job to him.

When Kyle looked back over at the pair, the man was giving him a strange look. Kyle gave the man a hard look, and then turned away. He went back to looking out for danger. Kyle wished he DID have a neat power like Sebastian seem to have. Like maybe make the man forget all about them. Or what they looked like maybe. Or just make him go away.

He concentrated for a moment. Nothing. happened of course. He then gave a deep sigh, and talked in a slow voice.

"The ID is probably fake. He is an hired killer. He would most likely kill everyone in here to cover it up." He hoped the others in the place were listening.

"So... what now?" Kyle asked.

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Vancover, Canada, Flat

Behind the flat was the garden of the house. A fence. A street. Then more houses. Even if you were quick you needed thirty seconds for the street and another ten for the cover of the nearest house. Could he really run fast enough to outrun the man coming into his flat right now? Once on the street would cover of a house really last long enough that the hunter couldn't just jump down, run out and shoot him in the street? It was enough of a thought to give him pause as he crouched there beneath his window. The question was therefore how long did the man need to get to the window or door and shoot?

Asking that question of himself and being inactive was what probably lost him the time for it to matter as a shot was heard from the inside. His gut told him a few seconds maybe. Even if the man was careful as he cleared each room Kawin would not have enough time to leave unnoticed. . .which left the second option. Staying unnoticed. Dashing to side of the building he made to duck around the side and stay low and out of sight near the edge of the place. He wanted nothing more than to simply disappear and vanish from sight, to hide. In this instance the wall would hopefully do that for him if the hunter looked out the window. There was the chance that the woman would of won the gunfight, but then he doubted his mysterious savior would be telling him to run.

Hugging his back against the wall he practiced slowing his breathing, being still just like when on a hunt and trying not to spook the prey. Only he was the still prey trying not to alert the hunter. Turning his head he simply listened and waited. Would he hear the man come out the window? Or would the man decide from the state of his flat and the woman present that Kawin was long gone? All he could do was wait, and if he heard the front door he would have to duck back around to the back of the building to try to keep something between him and the hunter, or if noise from out front, he would have to make as quiet a dash as possible to the front of the building to run from there.

Time would tell as he tried to hide and blend in as anything other than himself.

24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Corridor, White House, Washington D.C.

His next prediction, Mr. President, is your assassination."

There was a brief pause before Kurt inclined his head and scoffed. His initial reaction to the news was not a pleasant one. “Are you trying to intimidate me, Mr. Simmons?” he asked carefully, seemingly unfazed by the man’s assertion that an assassination attempt was imminent. “I assure you, that will not accelerate this process; I will not respond to fear. I’ll sign off on the operation only after I’m satisfied with all the facts as you presented them to me. Unfortunately, you just made things far more complicated…”

The truth was, he was still having a tough time coming to terms with the idea of someone – or something – possessing the ability to see things beyond this existence. That sort of thing should only be reserved for God. He did not like what this ‘Source’ was insinuating by claiming to have a similar power. In a sense, that did scare him, especially when he viewed something like that as an impossibility.

Still, he could not simply ignore the warning. Any threat made against him had to be taken seriously, no matter how bizarre the circumstances. He could not afford to gamble with his life; a presidential assassination would be devastating for the country. Besides, he had an inkling that deep down, Simmons was right.

And so, despite projecting an air of confidence, Kurt reached into his suit jacket to retrieve his personal cell phone. Cradling the other phone between his ear and shoulder, he freed up both hands so that he could text a message to Matt, unaware of the visitor the other man was currently escorting to the Oval Office:

I need to see you now. Urgent. Bring Secret Service.

When the message was sent, he continued the conversation, “So, tell me, Mr. Simmons – according to the 'Source', how is this all supposed to go down?" His voice remained firm as he started to habitually pace around the study. "You didn’t intend to drop something like that and not elaborate, did you? I expect you to provide me with all the necessary details.”

25. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007

(again heavy input by LordT)

The hotel room was chosen for one quality and one quality alone. Wifi. According to various websites it had excellent wifi. Because Maria could not trust her own mobile connections anymore, this was a necessity. She also did not trust her computer anymore. So she took out the "virgin", a completely untouched computer that had never been in the net. She used it for exactly these kind of jobs.

Adrian was not available. This was unusual when an operation was actually running. Maybe he moved. He usually rotated between locations while on the job.

So she turned to the main attraction. The Shadow Network. A number of inroads into vital infra-structure systems and forums connected through one encrypted client. The telephone numbers were the easy part. She just entered them into a mask and allowed the search algorithm to do his job.

Then she turned to the forums for answers. What was this about? What had she become part of? Little was found within the community. Antville. People asked if an Antville operation was ongoing. She quickly found out about the nature of this operation. The elimination of US citizens without the knowledge of consent of the POTUS or any ministry. Exactly what they seemed to do. A kill list full of civilians.

Simmons came online. She opened an encrypted channel and came straight to the point.

ML: Why are we killing these guys?
    AS: You doubt the operation?
    ML: No. Just makes my job easier to be not kept in the dark.
    AS: Understood.

Then a long pause. She thought he wouldn't answer. Then she realized he was uploading something. A video.

AS: They took this yesterday. Moore found the boy.

Maria opened it and watched security footage from a diner. The boy was there. So was Moore. Moore aimed and ... the boy was gone. With him a man he had talked to. Then the man appeared out of nowhere and attacked Moore. He was so fast he could barely be seen. Moore stood no chance. The video ended. Maria gasped in surprise. Teleportation? Nobody was so fast a camera with it's 24 pictures a second could not even see him move. Nobody.

AS: You understand?

She actually did. But this was not an answer. This was a bigger question.

Tag: LordT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.