main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller The Crossing

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by LordTroepfchen, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jane
    New York, House of Uncle Owen, The Heights

Jane was looking to her uncle waiting for his reply when the message came in.

GET THE OTHERS READY. ALL TARGETS WILL BE TONIGHT AT A CLUB CALLED GREAT EXPECTATIONS. ADRIAN DID NOT TELL US EVERYTHING. WE NEED TO DO THIS WITHOUT HIM. CANNOT TRUST HIM. CAN YOU GET US A FEW EXTRAS TO SEAL THE CLUB?

Her brows rose, Maria questioning Adrian, that was a shock. However if they were going to cut Simmons out of this loop, they were going to need some new equipment. The phones given to them were not just connections between them but, leashes that led back to him. It was time for the hunting dogs to go off the lead.

NEED EVERYTHING SET UP UNTIL MIDNIGHT. MIGHT BE OUR BIG CHANCE TO GET THEM ALL.

Jane looked over the message nodding her head. That gave her plenty of time. She quickly sent a message to the others, John, Rutherford, even Moore as much as she disliked him.

NYC, GREAT EXPECTATIONS CLUB, MIDNIGHT, TONIGHT, EVERYONE IS GOING TO BE THERE. CHECK 6, CAN’T TRUST S.

She hoped that they understood what she meant with that last part. If these communications were being monitored, which given what she knew now, they most certainly were, they couldn’t be open about their mistrust of their boss. However with the message Maria sent had most likely sent all operational security out the window. Simmons knew they didn’t trust him, and knew where they were all going to be.

Hopefully that was where her uncle could help.

“Uncle Owen,” she started, “Do you have any ‘active’ friends. I’m planning a little get together.” She held up her phone shaking it back and forth, “and I could use a few people with our kinds of skills. As many as can get to New York in 12-15 hours.” She threw off the covers and started lacing up her boots. She’d gotten used to sleeping in the heavy cloth pants she wore on mission.

Taking the holster for her pistol she clipped it to her waistband at the small of her back. Handing off the corner of Natalie's dresser was Jane’s jacket. She took it up sipping into it with practiced movements.

“You feel like casing a place with me?” she asked her uncle. “I know you’re ‘out of the game’ but, I’d feel better having another set of eyes, of experienced eyes on this.” Maria knew what she knew but, this wasn’t some intelligence to analyze, this was an assassination.

And in this room stood two of the best at it in the world.

“So what do you say, one last ride. Not like you’ve got a lot going on.”

TAG: LordTroepfchen TheSithGirly

Ktala likes this.
  2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    Greyhound Bus 7j23, headed to New York

There were several Adrian Simmons in the world. Facebook. LinkedIn. Twitter. A weather scientist. A book seller. An eBay profile. Non seemed very likely to be the organizer of a hit on Canadian civilians. None seemed like the man that he would expect to kill him. So instead, he simply closed it down and powered it off for the border check.

Nothing he could do now but keep his head down and pray that this worked. To his surprise he was waved through security with the showing of his passport and given a tourist visa, which considering he had thought it was the American's as in USA government that wanted him dead came as a bit of a surprise.

Then they were on their way to New York. As he sat there feeling like a fool a sense of dread fell over him, a sense that the future was altering, his future. What ever this whole thing was, he doubted he would ever be the same. Was it just like when his wife had used and discarded him? He was not sure, but somehow, someway this would change him, and not merely in the fact that he had already been told who would kill him. It was the uneasy feeling of an coming rebirth, which boggled his mind slightly. Reminding him of past Star Trek Next Generation episodes. It was just a feeling, but one so powerful it became almost overwhelming with every kilometer they came closer.

Still, knowing it was useless to fret now he tried to settle in for a nap. Only it turned out to be a fretful sleep. The last thing he dreamt of stayed firmly in his mind as he woke up. The bus was entering New York city, and it was the end. Not of him, but of New York as far as he could tell. The city was bathed in fire, the smoke blotting out the sky in every direction. Waking with a start he leaned over breathing heavily, head betwixt his knees until he caught his breath. Sitting back he rubbed his eyes and adjusted his glasses before glancing outside the bus. It was New York, he was here.

And even as he relaxed slightly despite his feelings of dread, he thought he could still see fire dancing in the broad lights, like a superimposed image as he began to look more quickly around. The city was burning, but only he could see it. No one on the bus was alarmed, only he. Scrambling for a phone he pulled it out and quickly texted Elena, SOMETHING IS WRONG, SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH NEW YORK. Looking around he didn't know what to say. Just a bad feeling? Bad dream? Yet he could still with a slight squint, he could still see fire. WHY DO I SEE FIRE EVERYWHERE?!?

It was all he could think to ask. Putting that phone away he pulled out Amanda's as he awaited a reply and called again as he waited for the gas and prep stop before the bus headed to New Jersey. Where he would slip away into the city. "Arthur, I feel you're right." was all he would say as soon as something answered. Either the man or the answering machine. What more could he say.

@LordTroepfchen

Ktala and HanSolo29 like this.
  3. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Maria Liang, New York, leaving Grand Hyatt Hotel

Leaving the Hyatt with Elena's dress in her bag she tried to catch as little attention as possible. She was just out the door, when her mobile vibrated. No. It was Elena's mobile. Looking down at it the message was from someone she had saved as K. The Canadian. The guy with the strange name.

SOMETHING IS WRONG, SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH NEW YORK.

"Never been to New York, hm?" She smirked, but the humor did not really help to make her feel more comfortable. Truth was, that Elena had seen the future. Why would not Kawin have the power to see something she didn't?

WHY DO I SEE FIRE EVERYWHERE?

That did not help. She stopped and looked at the message. Fire. Everywhere. That sounded so bad. Really. Stepping aside to make sure nobody watched over her shoulder she knelt in an alley and got out "the virgin". The lock on the mobile was still active. He was almost in New York. LEGO was approaching from New York. The boy would be with him. Three of six. She did not yet know what the Canadian could do, but it seemed he had abilities not unlike the girl she had met. Checking traffic, she wondered how much time she still had.

I SEE IT TOO. SOMETHING IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN. DO YOU KNOW WHEN?

She answered and sighed. Looking around she realized she had betrayed Simmons. The most dangerous man she had ever known. He would soon be after her. She laughed out realizing she had done more than taking Elena's mobile. She also had no other chance of survival except these three people and their incredible power. And yet Simmons thought they would end the world. That was quite a gamble she was doing here ...

Tag: LordT, Mitth_Fisto

Ktala likes this.
  4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: President Kurt Roland
    Oval Office, White House, Washington D.C.

The man simply…appeared.

The sudden intrusion prompted Kurt to utter a curse under his breath as he scrambled to regain his bearings. It was almost as if he had materialized out of thin air!

How was that possible?

There had been no warning, no evidence of a forced entry or even that a breach in protocol had occurred. How did he manage to infiltrate the security check points and make it all the way to the Oval Office undetected? It made no sense; it was like the man was a wraith. One minute Kurt was discussing matters with Professor Cale, and in the next, the young man was standing in front of his desk, goading him with the brazen smile of a madman.

That smile…it sent a chill down his spine. It was not natural. He idly wondered if this man was suffering from some kind of mental incapacity.

But even with that thought in mind, he did not flinch – he could not show fear. Instead, he inclined his chin slightly and stared back at the man with an air of authority. They remained locked like that, scrutinizing each other in silence, until finally, the stranger in the gray hoodie began to speak.

"Mr. Roland. Or shall I call you Mr. President?"

Kurt narrowed his eyes, refusing to react to the obvious taunts. It was the usual ploy, and he quickly brushed it aside to focus on the man’s tone. He thought he detected the hint of an accent, but it was so subtle that he couldn’t immediately identify it.

As he pondered the origin, he discreetly reached his hand beneath his desk to trigger the silent alarm…

Unfortunately, the man was observant and he put a stop to his actions with a hauntingly concise statement. "Calling guards won't help,” he drawled. “Except the two of us nobody else is actually ... really there.

For the first time since the man appeared, Kurt felt his confidence waver. The only indication was a slight twinge to the left side of his mouth as he slowly looked past the intruder to survey his surroundings. Agent Casper stood stoically near the door as usual, but he was unmoving and unresponsive to the events unfolding in front of him. Likewise, the professor was devoid of all emotion and seemingly frozen in place. He noted that the anomaly extended well beyond that as well, taking the form of a palpable silence that hung heavily in the air and caused a slight buzzing in his ears.

Finally, he understood. When he returned his gaze to the intruder, recognition shone in his eyes.

He had…stopped time?

A sinking feeling formed in the pit of his stomach and his pulse quickened as the implications became apparent. This man was one of them – the hunted. He was suddenly reminded of the events at the diner and the fate of the US Marshal. To ensure that he didn't provoke the man into making any rash decisions, Kurt deliberately brought his hands up and slowly placed them flat against the desk.

“What is it you’re trying to accomplish here?” he asked cautiously, his voice surprisingly calm. “Do you believe holding me hostage in my own office will provide you with answers?”

His expression softened as he tried another approach. If he could reach him on some level, maybe he could avert a crisis.

“These are extraordinary circumstances…you’re probably scared and struggling to come to terms with what is happening to you. That’s understandable, and I will take that into consideration as we move forward. You can come back from this." His eyes flicked briefly to Cale. “We can help you.”

TAG: DarkLordoftheFins; LordTroepfchen

Ktala likes this.
  5. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO
    White House, Oval Office, Washington D.C.

Sebastian was surprised how serious he stayed, how little humor or sarcasm surfaced in this moment. The President obviously made wrong assumptions about the situation. But what else could he do? Sebastian had needed the whole night to even understand the situation he was in and even now he was rather certain he did not oversee the consequences of all his actions or grasp the full potential of his abilities.

"Do I look scared?" He asked with a very calm voice. Then he made a long pause to allow the man to come to his own conclusion.

Never in his life he had felt so much ... in control! Of anything. This scared him, because if he believed in anything, if his art had been anything about ... than about the one thing he really, really had learned about this world. Power corrupts you. Creepy him, had Kyle not called him that? Was that the result? The consequence of the path he had taken?

"And I assure you I am not here to make you my hostage." Stepping away from the desk he looked at the frozen men in the room. "Actually I am here to ask a question. The question. The only one that matters." Turning back to the President he eyed him carefully. He had a Pokerface and good nerves. Sebastian had assumed so much. He was not here to intimidate the man, also he would probably be intimidated by the visit. No, all he wanted was clarity. For now. And then he would do what he had to do.

"Ready for the question?"

Tag: LordT, HanSolo29

6. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

Feeling his mobile unused vibrate he cradled the other phone between his neck and ear as he read and replied to the text he had gotten. It was odd.

I SEE IT TOO. SOMETHING IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN. DO YOU KNOW WHEN?

Then again was it really that strange, when you start saying you are seeing something and feeling something who was to say he might be able to say when. He kept an eye out but so far he hadn't been able to tell anything.

NO.

It was a short message, but he was struggling within himself for a moment, this moment. As the kilometers ticked by the feeling only grew worse.

CAN YOU TELL ME, IS THIS WHAT HAPPENS AFTER SIMMONS KILLS ME?

Looking out the window he squinted his eyes and stared at the dancing flames no one else could see. Feeling that sensation of approaching rebirth well up within him. He had been reborn by water long ago, no, no that was foolish. If it was only his own fire that waited for him in death Elena would not say she saw it as well. No, this was bad. All bad. Yet could it be good as well? Maybe if he was starting to see things he could stop this? Maybe. Maybe with Elena's help and Arthur. Maybe.

I FEEL LIKE THEY HAPPEN SOON.

He simply typed out as he leaned back in the seat.

TAG: TheSithGirly, LordTroepfchen

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001

The man rebuffed his attempts to pacify the situation by offering a quip. "Do I look scared?"

Kurt canted his head as his gaze hardened once more. No, he didn’t look scared at all. In fact, his demeanor suggested that he was only gaining in confidence. He was cool, collected…and in control. That last part was the most disturbing of all. This man, whoever he was, had accepted the circumstances and had decided to exploit it for all its worth. What he had done to Moore…he realized now that it was intentional. He had no qualms about causing harm to others.

In the silence that followed, Kurt reflected back on Simmons’s warning about the assassination plot at the hands of one of these…super beings. He thought he had been prepared to weather the storm, but now that this man had appeared in his office, he was no longer certain of his resolve. With time at a standstill, his security detail could no longer protect him; he was exposed.

Clenching his jaw with concern, he pressed his hands a little harder into the desk’s surface so that the tips of his fingers began to turn white.

"And I assure you I am not here to make you my hostage,” the man continued a short time later.

Somehow, he did not find consolation in that statement. There were other methods far more menacing than a hostage situation. The man was building up to something, and as he stalked away from the desk, Kurt watched him warily.

"Actually I am here to ask a question. The question. The only one that matters." The man stopped abruptly and gave Kurt a pointed look. "Ready for the question?"

Inhaling deeply, he returned the man’s unwavering stare. All of this over a question? It was easy to assume that the man was simply toying with him, but after everything that happened in the past two days, Kurt thought he had a pretty good idea what this really entailed. After all, his interaction with Moore had not been an isolated incident. It all linked back to Antville. Was the man aware of that? It was an interesting notion.

“That depends if you are ready for the answer,” he replied carefully. It was clear that he was through trying to placate him. He finally pushed his hands away from the desk and straightened to his full height.

“You may think you know what’s truly going on here, but you are sorely mistaken.”

8. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    ooc: My updates get shorter now. But I leave you guys to each other.

On the road, Greyhound Bus 3f40

The man looked at Kyle and then sighed. "My name is Markus Lambs. And I guess in this ... version of events ... I am probably already dead. In my version so are you. It is ... rather complicated." He smirked. "But you know that probably already, do you? Have you frozen that guy? The one who tried to kill you?" He gave a sympathetic smile. "Or was it one of the others?"

Tag: Ktala

Her Uncle smirked. "I am not playing with the top players, but a friend of mine has a security firm who handles ... delicate matters. Sure he can provide half a dozen guys who can handle themselves under fire." He made his way to the living room and catched his jacket. "And why not have a walk? Let us have a look at your location."

Meanwhile Rutherford and John confirmed they would be there. John added:

AS HAS GONE OF THE GRID. VERY STRANGE.

Indeed it was, because Simmons was running an operation. Usually you stayed in contact with your operatives. Something had happened obviously.

"Ready to go. Let's take my Mustang." Her Uncle smiled. He loved the car. And he opened a drawer and withdrew his car keys and a compact automatic he pushed into his belt and made sure the shirt he was wearing concealed it.

Tag: @galactic-vagabound22

9. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO

The President was a man of ego. That was obvious. He asked if he was ready for an answer. Oh yes, he was.

"I wouldn't have come here if I wasn't."

The man stood up and Sebastian resisted the urge to grab the gun he had under the hoodie. Then he reminded he could freeze time now. A gun was actually not that effective when it came to self-defense.

“You may think you know what’s truly going on here, but you are sorely mistaken.”
    The President said. He shook his head as an answer.

"I have no idea what is going on. But I know the US Government is trying to kill a teenage boy. And he seems not to be the only one. As you are the leader of the U.S. Government I assume this has not happened without some sort of consent from your side, has it? Which brings us to our question. The one that you and me need to figure out." Sebastian looked around. "You know ... I can stop time. Obviously for as long as I want. As often as I want. That is also pretty disturbing to me. Believe me. I can probably even ... do more extreme things. And I am only one of us. Can you imagine what I can do with this ability?" Sebastian sighed. He realized he avoided the question. Why? He feared the answer. He was terrified by what the answer could mean.

10. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Maria Liang, alley near Hyatt, New York

He knew about Simmons? Okay, this was getting more complicated. Looking at her other mobile she sighed and looked around once more making sure she was not shadowed or watched by anyone.

Then she wrote back.

HE WON'T KILL YOU. NOT IF I CAN HELP IT.

Then she waited a moment and added.

THINGS I SEE DO NOT HAVE A TIME STAMP. BUT AGREE. IT HAPPENS SOON. WE NEED TO CHANGE IT.

Indeed they had to. When had she changed sides? Well, she hadn't. She just did not believe in Simmons anymore. She would do this her way. This game had become bigger in scope than a single-minded intelligence fanatic like her lover could handle. As dangerous as he was, he had his limits.

SEE YOU TONIGHT.

It was the third and last message she send.

Tag: Mitth_Fisto, LordT

11. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

She nodded her head. Unlike some others she didn't mind working with PMCs. She'd be quiet the hypocrite if she was, herself a contractor. If her uncle trusted these men she could as well. Part of her wondered who would be in 'command' of this group. It was becoming increasingly apparent Simmons was out, and Maria was trying to take up the reins. The analysts had all the information but, could she really direct this thing. Would Rutherford and John listen to her?

Jane ended her thoughts smiling as her uncle agreed to accompany her on scouting the location. Down in the living room as Owen got his jacket Jane got messages from two of her colleagues, they would be there. Nine, that was the number of 'agents' that were going to be at this shindig, ten, if uncle Owen wanted to help, and Jane wouldn't turn it down.

AS HAS GONE OF THE GRID. VERY STRANGE.

John added, Jane's features soured, that wasn't good. They had no idea where he was or what he was doing, he could dismantle this whole operation, or try to anyway. There was a piece in shadows an unknown, and it was clawing at the freelancer.

"Ready to go. Let's take my Mustang." Her countenance brightened,

"I get to drive right?" she quipped with almost childlike glee. She knew he would never let her drive his precious car. He was right not to, most of her driving experience comes from the developing world, where traffic laws are more…fluid. She followed him out to the car getting into the passenger's seat.

"We're looking for the Great Expectations Club." She said as she started looking up directions on her phone. Before that though she sent another message to Maria.

SIMMONS OFF GRID, FIND HIM.

With Simmons loose everything could be in jeopardy. Jane knew she didn't have the skills to find him, Maria was the best one to find him, without bringing anyone else into this.

Jane put on her seat belt and looked out the windshield.

"Alright, take your first left." She started, acting as navigator guiding her uncle to the location of the operation. If it was a nightclub it would most likely be near to deserted this early in the morning. That could give them a chance to get a look inside, with the help of Jane's lockpicks. First though her and Owen would have to clock all the entrances and exits, all the points their targets could escape, or be isolated. Lucky she had a file on all her targets, she would send it to the hired hands when they got here. She of course keep Kyle's file to herself, didn't want to scare off any squeamish souls.

If everything went well, this whole mission ended tonight, and Jane would be on the first flight to out of the country, maybe to Johannesburg, Beijing, or Riyadh. Jane was not one to hang around to see the aftermath, she was here to do a job, once that was done, she would be gone.

A question remained how was she getting paid? With Simmons out of the picture, this was no longer a sanctioned mission, this was no longer a funded mission. Well, wheels were in motion, she'd find a way to get her 'compensation'.

Those questions came after this job was done, maybe the government would pay to have Simmons taken out, or for her silence on this matter.

Time would tell.

TAG: LordTroepfchen

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001

The president tensed and quickly averted his gaze as the man identified a boy as one of the targets. While his 'sanctioning' – and he used that term loosely – of the covert operation was all smoke and mirrors at this point, it pained him to learn that he had been willing to gamble, albeit unknowingly, with the life of a child.

No, he reminded himself. It was Simmons who had set everything into motion.

The faces of his daughters briefly crossed his mind’s eye, particularly that of Melanie, who was only a teenager herself. He couldn’t even begin to describe the feelings of hopelessness and despair that would afflict him at the thought of losing her to such an equivocal cause. It was unacceptable. Simmons must have been aware of the backgrounds of the targets and the repercussions that would result of his decisions, and yet, he had decided to move against a child anyway. The man was a monster!

If anyone was the enemy here, he was no longer so certain that it was the man currently standing across from him. Simmons was the one who needed to be stopped.

He allowed himself a moment to regain his composure by taking a steadying breath.

Which brings us to our question,” the man carried on, seemingly more confident than ever before. “The one that you and me need to figure out."

That last statement drew a curious look from Kurt, and he studied him expectantly with furrowed brow. He was being very vague with his approach, which was starting to raise some concerns.

"You know ... I can stop time,” he reaffirmed after taking a quick glance around at their surroundings. “Obviously for as long as I want. As often as I want. That is also pretty disturbing to me. Believe me. I can probably even ... do more extreme things. And I am only one of us. Can you imagine what I can do with this ability?"

The president’s thoughts began to stray, initiated by the man’s enticing speech. Had he ever imagined what they could do with this ability? To manipulate and travel through time? Of course he had. Professor Cale had planted the idea in his mind, but it didn’t become a reality until he had discovered the truth – that this power actually did exist! Under the right guidance and with the appropriate safeguards in place, this power could be utilized to advance their military and intelligence networks. Not to mention, help to make their borders a hell of a lot safer.

Some may call them delusions, but he likened them to aspirations – it was all in the best interests of the country.

And yet, he did not share this information with the man. He clamped down on those thoughts, and decided to provide a more straightforward answer; a safe answer.

“They told me you had the potential to bring about a cataclysmic event that would end everything. Life as we know it would cease to exist.” He paused and gave the man a hard stare before flashing a wry grin. “That sounds pretty damn serious to me.”

Thrusting one hand into the pocket of his suit jacket, he continued. “But that is without proper guidance. Professor Cale arrived to help us navigate this crisis and to provide some much-needed insight.” There was a brief pause as he extended his hand to indicate the man. “He was set to assemble a team of like-minded physicists to assist us in this delicate process when you decided to demonstrate firsthand why it is so critical to find answers.

“You possess a powerful gift, uh—“ he gestured, seeking a name. When one wasn’t readily available, he pushed on. “And I recognize the potential. But it comes with immense responsibility…a responsibility that some in my administration feel can never be matched. It generates fear.”

A grimace darkened his countenance as his thoughts circled back to Simmons. When he spoke again, he sounded bitter. “I’m sure you can understand why certain…parties thought it was imperative to take matters into their own hands. It shocked me to learn the truth about what they were doing behind my back. And now they are targeting kids?” He sighed and shook his head lightly. "Goddammit..."

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle (Daniel Jackson)
    Washington D.C., Greyhound Bus 3f40

Kyle kept his eye on the strange man, as the man looked over at Kyle, and then sighed. "My name is Markus Lambs. And I guess in this ... version of events ... I am probably already dead. "

'IN THIS VERSION OF EVENTS!!!!' Kyle's mind yelled in his head. Before Kyle could even wrap his head around that statement, the man hit him with another.

"...In my version so are you. It is ... rather complicated." 'In HIS version? Oh &#%@!!, how many versions were there?' Kyle thought to himself. Markus continued as he gave Kyle a smirk. "But you know that probably already, do you? Have you frozen that guy? The one who tried to kill you?" Markus paused, and gave Kyle a sympathetic smile. "Or was it one of the others?"

Kyle sputtered. Markus had to be telling the truth. Well, at least parts of a truth. No one could make up this kind of mess. If he came from another version, there was no telling of which side he worked for. Or...

Kyle dropped his voice low. "Who? WHAT? what do you mean by THIS version of events? How did you get here?" he asked Markus.

Kyle stayed away from the major question he had. How had the other version of himself had died. If the man was telling the truth, it woudlnt matter. This was a different reality. But the man mentioned 'one of the others.' Wait. He also asked if Kyle froze the guy.. or was it one of the others.' Maybe time wasnt the only thing that changed. Or he didnt know. Kyle stayed silent for a few moments, as he mulled the facts over. Something felt wrong. It felt scrambled. Felt bad. Street senses were tingling.

Daniel looked at Marcus again. "So, why are you here?"

Tag: LordTroepfchen

14. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO

Of course it were others who were doing it. Others who had made the mistake. Others who had to be responsible. After all one should never forget, the man was a politician.

"Well, good you have found some counsel, Mr. President. But I will neither be you laboratory rat nor your agent. As you have probably figured out by my limited English and strange accent you are not even my President." Sebastian folded his hands behind his back and stepped closer to the man. "So what did you do when these men began hunting us? You stopped them? You told them you would not approve? What did you do to save the boy? Hm?" He stared at him now. "It is alright. I understand. Silent consent. Isn't that the word? I really do." Sebastian sighed. "So here is the question. What do you think I will do now?"

Sebastian stared at the man and sighed. The misconception was obvious, the mistake was brutally easy to expose, but probably not from the perspective of a man with that much power. To make him understand, Sebastian slowly drew his gun.

Ktala and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001

And there it was…

The man had a gun. A prophecy fulfilled.

Inhaling slowly, Kurt leveled his gaze and glared directly into his assailant’s face with defiance. He was surprisingly calm, confident…yet the sheen of sweat that was beading up on his forehead seemed to suggest otherwise. In actuality, he was nervous as hell. The incessant pounding in his ears from his heart was making it extremely difficult to focus, and he truly feared that he would not be able to maintain his composure for much longer. He already felt himself faltering as he began to repeatedly flex the fingers of his right hand in an anxious fit.

And yet, he had to endure. He could not allow this man to win. Through his haze, Kurt struggled to recall the words of condescension the man had thrown at him for failing to effectively act against the Antville operation. In truth, he didn’t fail to act; he couldn’t act…not yet, anyway, not if he wanted to expose Simmons. The man had to believe that he had full control of the situation with backing from the White House. Without his word of consent, the man would disappear, fight back…or worse. It was a risky move, but one he was willing to take to put a stop to this. The meeting with the NSC was supposed to set things in motion, but now, it may already be too late to launch an effective mission to bring him to justice. And if so…

Was his gamble worth it? Was this man right? Had he failed?

In that moment, he heard the man’s question repeat itself in his mind with haunting clarity, “What do you think I will do now?"

Kurt blinked, his eyes seeking the barrel of the black automatic before returning to the man’s face. He knew what the man will do; he had been told how it ends.

But were they really locked into a predetermined future? Was there such a thing as fate? The events of today had him questioning a lot of beliefs he previously held close. As he saw it now, he could still take charge, write his own course…make a difference.

“You’re going to help the boy,” he said with conviction. “I can tell you care about him. It’s the right thing to do.” His gaze wavered for a moment as he sighed. “It was always the right thing to do. I knew that all along, and I did what I thought was necessary…but I don’t expect you to understand. Very few do. Not until they see results.”

Pressing his lips into a thin line, he cautiously took a step forward, his hands raised in a defensive position. “Allow me to produce results. Please. For him, for you…all of you. Unlimited power won't get you everything – I have the resources you need. The plan is already in motion. Let me help.” He glanced at the gun warily. “Now, please…put it down.”

Ktala likes this.
  16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO

"I barely know the boy. But I can see he did nothing wrong. No. I always had a thing for those who could not speak for themselves."

Sebastian wanted to smile, wanted to smirk or be in any way mocking the man. But he could not. He was too ... upset. To tense.

"Had these ... gifts ... not surfaced we might all be dead by now. Most of us are, you know? So whatever plan it is you wanna execute, great job. Really." Of course he believed not a word. A Government did not send murderers after normal people because the US President was unable to stop it. Sebastian looked at his gun.

"But I understand you are afraid to die. Mr. President. I am too." Now Sebastian smiled. Then he looked up again at the man. "But please listens closely now, because I have been up all night trying to think this through and I have probably a better understanding of what is going to happen then you do, I believe."

He forced a cold smile on his face. It probably showed a little too much how uncomfortable he felt with what he would say next.

"Kill you? Why stop with you? I could kill your whole staff. I could kill everybody in the White House, before you even blink with your eyes. Including or excluding your family. What could you do to stop me? And you know what? Why stop there? Maybe I set fire to every military installation within a hundred miles. Langley? FBI? Takes me just a second. Oh wait. Too complicated. I could simply blow up the nuclear plants on the east coast in alphabetical order! I could wipe away your communication systems in the whole county in a second! No phones or internet! I can do pretty much anything! Anything! But I don't have to, do I? I can simply freeze time and keep it frozen. For good. The end of any threat to me. That simple." Sebastian breathed in and out to calm himself. "I don't wanna do any of this. I do not want this power. I do not want your resources. But you need to consider this, Mr. President. Do you really wanna go to war against me? Considering what I could be forced to do to win it?"

Sebastian gave the man a moment to answer. Then he had talked enough. He would just leave. For today he had made his point.

HanSolo29 and Ktala like this.
  17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: Just a note that Fins has given me permission to make LEGO disappear and to allow time to resume. :)

Seconds passed, then minutes…

And still, the man refrained from pulling the trigger.

It was only after he began to speak that Kurt claimed it as a victory and afforded himself a small sigh of relief. He must have reached him on some level to bring about this change…but then he took a moment to truly listen to his words and to contemplate their meaning. They were poignant and filled with the pain of someone who had been to hell and back. And they were honest…brutally honest. The man did not hold back, and it painted a picture that Kurt found quite disturbing.

And then it hit him. Despite the prediction that foretold his death, the man never had any intention of killing him…not yet, anyway. He only wanted to prove a point to convince him to stop the Antville operation. He needed him to understand what it was like to be the hunted – to feel helpless in the face of death. While he could’ve pulled the trigger at any time, he chose not to. Kurt swallowed and slowly lowered his hands, his shoulders slumping in defeat. The man had humiliated him.

But it got worse…much worse. He then delivered his ultimatum.

The president stared in disbelief as the younger man rattled off a list of threats directed at the nation. He described scenarios that involved killing his Cabinet and every staffer in the White House, hurting his family, crippling the entire communication infrastructure, and melting down every nuclear power plant along the eastern seaboard. The man’s demands made it perfectly clear – if they continued to pursue him, all of it would come to pass. It would result in America’s destruction…or worse.

For a long moment, he only glowered at the man, silently scrutinizing him as he considered his next move. He needed to tread carefully.

“I appreciate the warning,” Kurt replied coolly as he inclined his head. “And I’ll take it into consideration, but I need you to understand something as well – I have an obligation to uphold the ideals of this country and to stand by its people…to keep them safe.” He let that sink in for a moment before he continued. “As such, I take terroristic threats like the one you just described very seriously. It is my duty to act upon them.”

His voice dropped dangerously low. “Don’t force my hand.”

And just as suddenly as the man appeared, he vanished.

As time resumed around him, Kurt uttered a curse and tore his gaze away from the spot where the man had stood. He was clearly shaken by the encounter, but he did his best to hide it. No one else could know about this…not yet. His first priority was to find out more information, both about the man himself and his power. Until then, he would adhere to his demands and allow him to carry on as usual. It was the least he could do. After all, he had spared his life.

With a weary sigh, the president returned to his desk and practically collapsed into the chair.

Ktala likes this.
  18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

There was little he could do as he sat there and looked at the replies. Especially these last few.

HE WON'T KILL YOU. NOT IF I CAN HELP IT.

This made no sense. She had never sugar coated the truth before, in her texts everything had been a foregone conclusion. You must run, you must hide, there's a killer at your door! Something immediate and often with barely enough heads up, but it was resolute, you have a chance. And then he had been told that when existed and by whom it would be that would kill him. As he struggled she added.

THINGS I SEE DO NOT HAVE A TIME STAMP. BUT AGREE. IT HAPPENS SOON. WE NEED TO CHANGE IT.

Indeed they had to. The sheer horror was what he saw, a persistent flame, and an unending disquiet about what he was heading toward, about this feeling of rebirth, and now about her.

SEE YOU TONIGHT.

It was the third and last message she sent. He tried texting her back.

SEE YOU TONIGHT. HOW WILL I RECOGNIZE YOU?

Something was off as he sat there in silence. Perhaps someone else needed her help but he did not know. All he could do as he entered the city was power off the phone she had given him before he left the bus. Leaving it hidden in a seat cushion when he left at the gas station stop before the bus would head to some beach town in New Jersey. It still felt like a bad idea to be staying in New York, but on the off chance she could save him, he would have to at least try.

TAG: LordTroepfchen, TheSithGirly

Ktala likes this.
  19. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    ooc: Hope LordT get's better. At least he can Whatsapp again!

Maria Liang, Streets, New York

Locate Simmons?

Jane had obviously talked to the others. And Adrian had left the game. Why? What information had he acquired he was not sharing?

If he went off the grid he would be hard to find. Impossible, maybe. He knew exactly how they would be looking for him. He had trained people to do this. He knew every trick in the book and had invented half of them. But was he off the grid? Adrian wasn't one to hide. He was planning something and that would mean he needed resources. Other resources then a team of killers. He would get in touch with someone in the network.

Maria needed to log in. She needed to dig deep and find out what he was up to? Also she knew that if she found out, she would endanger Adrian's operation and that would make her a target.

She hurried back to her motel. The most dangerous game had just gotten a lot more dangerous. She was about to play against her lover, mentor and the most dangerous man she knew.

But the prize ... the prize was worth it.

SEE YOU TONIGHT. HOW WILL I RECOGNIZE YOU?

The Canadian. She skipped through Elena's mails and then returned to the messages.

BOOKED VIP. TABLE 13. THE ASIAN IS ME.

She breathed through. Did Adrian know about any of this? Would he be there?

Tag: Mitth_Fisto, LordT

Mitth_Fisto and Ktala like this.
  20. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    On the road, Greyhound Bus 3f40

Lambs looked around again and obviously showed signs of paranoia. Compared to his haunted eyes Kyle looked almost relaxed.

"Why I am here? Good question. I do not really know. I have little control over it. Bad things happened between you and me and Sebastian and this creepy guy from Spain. Elena. And the two girls who hunt us. Things went out of control and then ... I was in another timeline. I call them timelines. Reset button. Subtlety different start and then things go wrong in another way. Always the same thing. This is my third version and for God's sake you made it out of D.C. this time." He smiled. "I seem to jump only if I am dead in this timeline. For some reason I cannot safe myself. But anyway, I am here now and I have no idea how long I am going to stay." The man laughed. "A nightmare really. Have you met Sebastian already?"

Tag: Ktala

New York, Great Expectations Club, Brooklyn

They did not even have to break in. The manager, a surprisingly young Russian woman, was already there and arranged the delivery of drinks. Her Uncle told her they wanted to rent the place and she let them in. The Club was massive. Three floors. Two dancefloors. Gangways to look down from the upper floors. An old warehouse which could house hundreds of partygoers.

"A nightmare." Her Uncle sighed. "Will be badly lit, full of civilians and two fire exits to cover in addition to the main exit. At midnight it will be crowded and your targets will be hard to spot. When you make your move panic will spread and make an escape tricky. Good to get lost in the crowd. But if they block the exits, no way out." He shook his head. "Perfect place for them, difficult for you."

His leg hurt obviously, but he forced himself to climb the metal stairs to the second floor. "They will probably need some privacy. Best chance to get them in the VIP area if they use it and leave before anyone knows what is going on." He looked around the second level. "If people panic and your targets spread you might easily loose one of them in the crowd."

"Let my guys cover the exits and your guys do the hunting. You are probably better at it." He smiled. "If you want to I can wait outside. Still good enough for an escape driver, I assume."

He offered her to support her. To get back into the periphery of the game. That was indeed something ... not only a sign of affection that he rarely showed, but also a clear indicator he was concerned.

Washington D.C., The White House, Corridor near the Oval Office

Professor Cale began to move and it was really surprising how little shock he showed that nothing else did. Looking at the agent who had accompanied him to get proper clearance and then down the floor he just raised his brows and turned to the man in his grey hoodie.

"You must be the time traveller then? The one everyone is so worried about." Cale gave a mild smile. He recognized there was indeed no visible technology involved. Superpowers. "I have a lot of questions. But so do you, I assume."

Tag: DarkLordoftheFins

Washington D.C., Alley, Downtown

Simmons did not like operating alone. A professional operation always had some back up. But being alone made him invisible. He only wondered if The Source anticipated his move. The man was not all knowing. He had been to the future and probably to many different versions of the future. But that did not mean he knew all secrets.

Waiting in the alley Simmons checked his gun, rechecked the car at the end of the street and the escape routes. Five minutes and he would have what he needed.

Then he needed to take care of Maria. He knew she had their mobile numbers and he knew by now she would have located them. But her reports had not come in this morning. The possibility of his lover playing her own game was there. She was in New York. Grand Hyatt. Simmons had located her phone through the build in spy-tool. Not the typical spot to stay when you are in the midst of an operation. No, she was there for a reason. He would need to look into this. He needed the locations. He needed to know where to find them. It was essential to his plan.

Five minutes remaining. He activated the software in Maria's mobile again and began recording. For later.

Now he saw the lights of a black SUV. His old friend brought the device. He would have to kill him of course. He could not allow himself to be found. With a sigh he pulled his gun to his belt and left the car.

Tag: Nobody

Ktala likes this.
  21. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

Jane was a little annoyed she didn't get to use her lockpicks to get into the club. On the outside looked more like a warehouse than a nightclub. She didn't need to use her picks because the owner was outside, accepting a delivery. The freelancer looked the woman over, she was young a little young to be an owner of a place like this. She was also Russian, which wasn't one of Jane's targets Russian. It wasn't anything substantial but, it was interesting.

Putting on his 'normal face' Owen told her that they were looking to rent the place for some event and wanted to take a look around. Surprisingly the owner just let them in, without even an escort.

Jane let out a deep breath, Uncle Owen was right, this was a nightmare. The space was huge, most likely going to be packed with bodies when the time came. The hunters would have to isolate the targets, possibly one at a time. This would require a soft hand, lest she start a stampede and lose her targets in mess. There was also the need to have a clear escape route.

She moved to help her Uncle up the stairs, thought what good she would do was debatable. His wince as he went up the stairs showed his age, was she being reckless getting him involved? She needed someone she trusted on this. The mission was thrown up into the air with the disappearance of Simmons. Maria seemed to be taking the reins but, where did her loyalties lie. Were they with Simmons, or were they to something else. Rutherford and John were both standup guys but, when push came to shove, who would they follow.

Unable to fully trust the people on her 'team' she needed to turn to the only person she could.

"They will probably need some privacy. Best chance to get them in the VIP area if they use it and leave before anyone knows what is going on." She followed his moves scanning the second level "If people panic and your targets spread you might easily loose one of them in the crowd."

"It'll be loud here, people more concerned with their own partying than what was happening around them." A plan was forming in her mind, one that involved killing all their targets hopefully without anyone being the wiser.

"Let my guys cover the exits and your guys do the hunting. You are probably better at it." He smiled, a rare show of affection which she returned. "If you want to I can wait outside. Still good enough for an escape driver, I assume."

"Yeah, I could really use someone I can trust on this. I don't know what is going on this this mission but, I just want it over with, and a clean getaway." Her own annoyance and unease was coming through in her voice. When she quieted she found herself leaning against her uncle, gladly taking the support he offered. She could also tell that something bothered him. He wouldn't have offered to help if he didn't think Jane could handle it.

"You're worried aren't you?" She asked looking out over the dance floor. "Something doesn't feel right. This thing with Simmons, it's weird right? The man running the operation doesn't just check out in the middle of it. Was that his plan? What changed?" She rubbed her face, it was still early and she was getting tired already. She wrapped an arm around his leaning heavier into him.

"So we could just kill them in the VIP area, it'll certainly be loud enough to cover the sounds of our silenced pistols. People tend to get absorbed into themselves when they're partying. Hit them quick two shots into each of them walk away like nothing happened. We should have a few moments before anyone figures out their dead. And a few moments more before the panic spreads. That should give us enough time to get out." She was running her idea past him, unsure of her own planning. Right now she was thinking of the quickest route to completion, not really considering the consequences of her actions.

She just wanted this to be over.

22. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    ooc: Sorry for not updating everybody last time around. Fever made it hard.

Washington D.C., Diner

He was cowering at the floor, waiting for this nightmare to end. And then he heard something. A sound. Steps. Someone was coming. In a world that was dead someone was alive after all. "Hello?" He shouted.

"Hello Mr. Moore." The voice was raspy. "We need to talk."
    The man talked and Moore listened.

Her Uncle looked over the Club and nodded. "Well, if Mr. Simmons has vanished ... and from the lack of communication between you and him I assume that is a bad sign. Could be three things. One. He was ordered to abort and burn the team. Well, if that was the cause you would not have survived the night. Second. You are a decoy. Always possible. Three. Something unforeseen is happening. Something that for some reasons makes working alone a better solution than working with a team of experts. The third option get's me a bit worried." He sighed. "Why do you think he does not need you anymore?"

Washington D.C., Alley, Downtown

Simmons did not like operating alone. A professional operation always had some back up. But being alone made him invisible. He only wondered if The Source anticipated his move. The man was not all knowing. He had been to the future and probably to many different versions of the future. But that did not mean he knew all secrets.

Waiting in the alley Simmons checked his gun, rechecked the car at the end of the street and the escape routes. Five minutes and he would have what he needed.

Then he needed to take care of Maria. He knew she had their mobile numbers and he knew by now she would have located them. But her reports had not come in this morning. The possibility of his lover playing her own game was there. She was in New York. Grand Hyatt. Simmons had located her phone through the build in spy-tool. Not the typical spot to stay when you are in the midst of an operation. No, she was there for a reason. He would need to look into this. He needed the locations. He needed to know where to find them. It was essential to his plan.

Five minutes remaining. He activated the software in Maria's mobile again and began recording. For later.

Now he saw the lights of a black SUV. His old friend brought the device. He would have to kill him of course. He could not allow himself to be found. With a sigh he pulled his gun to his belt and left the car.

New York, Park Hyatt, Manhattan, New York

Adrian had indeed left a single digital footprint. He had contacted the special operations branch and used his clearance to obtain something. Maria did not have a comparable clearance of course. Not that it would stop her for long.

Tag: TheSithGirly

Washington D.C., The White House, Situation Room

The NSC had not had many emergency meetings since the current Presidents election, but probably none as mysterious as the current one. No agenda, no obvious topic was given. The ministers and members of the council were simply assembled.

The one member they all probably had not expected was Professor Cale, who again showed very little sign of surprise. He just sat on a chair at the wall and read a paper, as if a visitor to the NSC was the most common thing in the world.

Meyers knew a bit more of course and as the national coordinator of all intelligence services he had probably informed some of the others about the general direction. All others seemed authentically restless and curious when the President and Matt entered the room.

"Are we complete?" Was Matt's simple question and Meyers nodded. Then Matt leaned back and withdrew into his usual silence, watching closely to share any observations later with his President.

He left the committee to it's rightful leader. The President.

Tag: HanSolo29

Bus Station, New York

He finally made it to the final bus station and his visions of a burning New York had slowly faded.

New York was not called the city that never sleep for nothing. Hundreds of people were leaving and entering their bus. It was evening in New York and the city was busy as ever.

The feeling of change was overwhelming now. Something was about to happen.

And then he saw the strange man with black hair in the crowd. He was not moving, just standing there and looking at him. He looked thin and his skin was pale and looked almost transparent. But his eyes had an unnatural intensity as they seemed to pierce him from under the hood of his grey hoodie.

Mitth_Fisto

Ktala and HanSolo29 like this.
  23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Situation Room, White House, Washington D.C.

The room held a collective air of nervous energy as Kurt entered and quickly took his place at the head of the table. He did not mingle or acknowledge any of the gathered officials by making eye contact. Instead, his gaze remained stern and focused straight ahead as he maintained his silence and invited them to take their seats with a subtle sweep of his hand. It was clear from his demeanor that he was all business. He hadn’t even uttered a word to Matt on the way here, which was rare among close friends.

In truth, his mind was elsewhere...and understandably so.

His encounter with the mysterious time traveller continued to have its lasting effects. Not only had his integrity been tested by being held at gunpoint, but the man had openly threatened to wreak havoc across the nation if Kurt did not immediately comply with his wishes by standing down. Frankly, he didn’t consider that an option, but the repercussions were also too great to simply ignore. It was truly frightening when he considered the man's power and how he was capable of achieving a state of total destruction in the blink of an eye. No one was safe as long as this man – and others like him – existed.

And yet, Kurt remained reluctant to act.

There were other factors involved that had given him pause. The most obvious being the man’s decision to spare his life. He could have pulled the trigger at any point during their conversation, and yet, he had refrained. That kind of behavior did not coincide with what they knew of radical terrorism. In fact, he no longer believed that to be his endgame…but then, what was? Who was this man? How did he gain these powers? Was there a way to stop them? Did he end the world by…accident?

Kurt was now convinced that the key to handling this successfully was to find the answers to some of these pressing questions. Only then could they formulate a proper response – something that would have minimal impact on the population, yet still prove effective. Of course, that would require them to gain more knowledge of this strange phenomenon and to practice a certain amount of discretion. That was where Cale and the other scientists came into the mix.

Unfortunately, he knew there were also certain individuals within his administration who wouldn’t be able to show restraint, especially if they discovered the truth about what had recently transpired in the Oval Office. They would focus their efforts on making a bold and precise statement through forceful retaliation. While Kurt would normally approve of that approach, this was a delicate situation. Such an action would inadvertently provoke the man into action and bring about the end of the world in their haste. It would be a disaster. That was why he was so adamant about not telling anyone about his meeting with the mysterious man…not yet, anyway.

He needed to convince them first….and it was indeed a strange tale to sell.

Clearing his throat, he finally glanced up to meet the expectant gazes of everyone gathered around the table and along the outer wall. He noted their trepidation and inwardly winced. This wasn’t going to be easy.

“Good afternoon,” he began with earnest as he opened the binder sitting in front of him. “I realize this is short notice, and that we all have busy schedules to contend with, so I’ll make this as painless as possible and cut straight to the point.”

Inhaling deeply, he leaned forward and rested his elbows on the edge of the table. “Yesterday afternoon I became aware of an ongoing initiative known as an Antville Operation.” He paused to gesture around the table. “All of the pertinent information should be available on your devices shortly, but to summarize, it’s a code name used by the shadow network to describe an operation devised to target persons of interest who pose an imminent threat to our national security.”

Kurt swallowed and averted his gaze as he clasped his hands together with apparent remorse. “In other words, it’s the quiet elimination of American citizens.”

He trailed off and allowed the room to react. It was a lot to process, and he would give them as long as they needed to come to terms with it. After they had exhausted their opinions, he continued.

“At the time of my inquiry, I learned that two people were already dead as a result of this and four others were still at large. That gives us a total of six targets.” He frowned and shook his head. “Now, I want to be clear that I did not have a hand in initiating this campaign. It was done without my knowledge, presumably to protect me from any fallout….or, plausible deniability.

“While I appreciate the gesture, I’m sure you can understand why I couldn’t just step out of the way and allow this thing to continue unchecked once I learned of its existence. We are talking about the lives of innocent people…children included.” His gaze hardened as he recalled what the man had said earlier about the boy running for his life. The thought continued to unnerve him; it was unacceptable.

“Working under the pretense that I was in full compliance of the operation, I took the necessary steps to get on the 'inside' and find answers. But even then, one question continued to elude me – why did our intelligence agencies feel the need to target ‘ordinary’ citizens?”

Inclining his head, his eyes made a circuit around the room to take in each member of the committee. “The answer came to us this morning in what is now known as Ground Zero X, located right here in downtown Washington,” he explained as he flipped through the binder. When he came to the proper page, he pointed to it and passed it off to his right.

“According to the reports, local authorities discovered a man at a diner a few blocks from here who appeared to be frozen in his current state, his body seemingly unresponsive to any outside force. All attempts to revive him proved ineffective, and for all intents and purposes, he is now dead. He was later identified as a US Marshal, possibly working under the Antville initiative as a hired gun.” With a deep sigh, he let that sink in as he leaned back and crossed his arms over his chest. “This is going to sound crazy, but there may be an explanation for this anomaly – time manipulation. This man was deliberately ripped from the flow of time, and I have reason to believe that our four remaining targets are to blame.”

At this point, he made eye contact with the professor and nodded. “I think now would be a good time to introduce Professor John Cale of MIT,” he relayed in an even tone. “The professor is an expert in physics and quantum mechanics, and I feel he can help shed some light on this theory.”

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  24. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Greyhound Bus 7j23, Bus Station, New York

Pulling the phone back out of the cushions when he felt it vibrate and heard the faint ding of a new text message. He was kind of surprised after the long silence, but what he read at least gave him something to go off of later. There wasn't much time to think about it as the bus pulled into the stop and he resecured the phone in the seat cushions before leaving. The only up side of all of this was that at least he wasn't seeing fire everywhere like he had been before.

The city definitely didn't have a lull period of day as far as he could tell by the hundreds still milling about in the evening in New York and the city was busy as ever he saw on movies. Stepping into the milling crowd felt what he figured a fish in a spawning run must feel like, jam packed and jostling along, the downside was just like that fish he was feeling the ever growing beyond his expectations sensation of a change. Coming for him.

And then he saw the strange man with black hair in the crowd. He was not moving, just standing there and looking at him. A rock in a flowing river of human bodies. He looked thin and his skin was pale and looked almost transparent. It gave him the creeps, reminding him of a type of cave creatures that were blind and cannibalistic. But his eyes had an unnatural intensity as they seemed to pierce him from under the hood of his grey hoodie. A part of him wanted to turn away and run, but another. A sad sadistic part urged him to walk toward the man. To meet him.

"Sebastian I presume." he said with a sad smile on his face. He had hoped to meet his mystery woman and savior before he died, but perhaps it was better this way. This way at least he would not lead the hunters to her. In a fashion it gave him a sense that he was dieing with a purpose and some sort of chivalry and valor to walk up to what he felt must surely be the man that would kill him as the feeling of change grew.

@LordTroepfchen

25. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Maria Liang, Streets, New York

Adrian was doing something. Something he kept from everybody. Even the network.

This was frightening. It was really frightening. Going from deep black ops to the complete shadows was something one barely ever did. And certainly not in domestic operations.

Was he still operating under the assumption he had a traitor? No, he would wipe out all suspects and carry on. These suspects would include her, she realized. But it wasn't what he had done. No. He was doing something he believed even a group of hired killers would not support. What could that be?

Maria would not figure it out yet. She requested the item that Adrian had acquired and turned her attention to the task at hand. The profiles, the video, the targets. Sebastian Stein. A guy from Germany obviously trying to make the world a better place by spraying smart stuff to walls. Who now acquired abilities that allowed him to overpower Moore with ease. Super speed? No. She was pretty sure in the context of all of this he was doing more. He stopped time and moved. Or slowed it down. Incredibly potent. The man could wipe their team out if he wanted.

Kyle was no better. The video showed clearly it was him who had put Moore in this rather ... final state of existence. With a thought? A word?

Then there was the Canadian. Unknown factor yet, soon arriving in New York. They all were coming here. And he saw the city burning.

And of course Elena. She studied Elena most, simply because now she had taken the young woman's place. A model. A Golddigger. A nobody. A nice body and face selling both because she had nothing else to offer. Oh God, she was so meaningless. Then she started seeing the future and messed with the plans of Adrian. It had not saved her. But hell, she had scared Maria. Because she had delivered undeniable proof this was real. No manipulated video or crazy talk. Elena had known her. And she was nobody you knew.

Maria lay back on the bed and wondered what these people could do? They were the perfect spies, assassins, terrorists. They were the perfect assets. If you could control them. But was that even possible?

Maria would find out. Great Expectations. What an incredible fitting name for the place were it would all end ... one way or another.

Tag: LordT

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.