main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller The Crossing

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by LordTroepfchen, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Travelling a few days, but wanted this rather interesting combined with LordT out there before that ...

LEGO
    White House, Oval Office, Washington D.C.

Sebastian was taken by surprise how cool the man stayed. Then again he was sure he was not easily impressed by anything, if he was really such an expert.

"I do. I am not sure how many answers I can provide. The President mentioned you are an expert in ... this. You also seem to have hinted at a risk that ... I might cause some Desaster wiping out life itself."

"Existence itself. He got me wrong there."

"Existence itself." Sebastian had to clear his throat. "How?"

Cale looked at him. Then he nodded. "A question for a question? Deal?"

Sebastian looked and was impressed by the confidence of the man. Knowledge was power after all. "Fair enough. You got your question."

"Time is one of four dimensions existence of matter is based on. Space-time we call it. Rather complicated, but wiki Einstein's relativity and you get the idea. You obviously are messing with time, manipulating it. What happens when you break it? Do something that is impossible to do? There are two options. Time repairs itself or time breaks and with it everything breaks. The universe breaks apart, no longer able to exist. I do not believe in time repairing itself. That needs consciousness and there is no hint that any exists."

"How can I break time?" Sebastian asked. He felt sweat breaking out. He had not yet considered he might cause anything that far reaching.

Cale smiled. "That is another question. I am first." Sebastian nodded. "How did you acquire this ... ability?"

Sebastian smiled. "No idea. Just had it when a man tried to kill a boy. I guess stress triggers it." He sighed. "But I was not part of any experiment or aware of anything ... that could explain this."

Cale disliked the answer. Obviously. "Then how do you do it?"

This time it was Sebastian's turn. "That is another question." Cale nodded and pulled his hands into his pockets.

"Paradox. Just one example. If you do something impossible, you could break time itself. Basically any moving backwards in time will cause a paradox. The butterfly effect, they call it in popular science. An example. You travel back in time. Warn yourself. Suddenly you cease to exist. Because a new YOU exists that is warned. So the unwarned time traveling you is gone. Follow me?" Sebastian felt a headache coming and nodded. Cale continued. "So you vanish? Because the you who was not warned will never exist? Well who travelled back to warn you then? That YOU is gone. A paradox. You kill your own grandfather. The most popular example. How can you? You won't be born to kill him if you kill him. Grandfather paradox. You also find this one wiki." He gave a mild smile. "What happens if you do this? We do not know. But it cannot be ruled out, that this would break time itself. Especially if you created repeated paradoxi." Cale looked at Sebastian.

He could not help but think of his creepy version. "I haven't travelled through time, yet. Only stopped it." He defended himself.

"But?" Cale asked. He obviously saw Sebastian's mind racing.

"But there is a hint I might do it at some point. Which I don't want to."

"You have taken the Marshall out." Cale said. "Out of time."

"Wasn't me." Sebastian sighed. "But I guess that isn't good either, is it?"

Cale shook his head. "It is a disruption of time and we have no way to even begin to understand what the consequences could be for the flow of time being disturbed." Cale nodded. "My question. How do you do this?"

Sebastian nodded. "I just will it. So to say. I imagine time to stop and it does." Shaking his head he realized that was not entirely true. "But I can make things and people defreeze. Did it by accident yesterday night. Today I learned to control it."

Cale nodded. "Your question."

"How can I avoid it?" Sebastian asked.

"Don't use your power." Cale said directly. The obvious answer. Sebastian sighed.

"If I do not use it they will kill me. They will kill the others like me. The President might not have told you, but they have send a kill squad after all of us."

Cale thought a moment about it. "Actually not illogical. Killing you would be a good way to end this threat. But how did they know about you?"

"Is that your question, Professor?" He asked. Cale smiled and nodded.

"No, because you do not know. I know. So this will be your question, right?" He answered. "My question. Who are the others?"

Sebastian looked at him. "I met a boy who can freeze people and things. And I talked to a woman who can see the future. There seem to be more."

Cale sighed. "How many more?"

"Dunno. Not many. We are all on the list. The Kill list. My question. How did they know?"

Cale nodded. "I believe someone from the future told them. A colleague of mine was very certain about this. He called me about it and got me involved in the first place." He waited for a moment, then he sighed. "I do not know who it is. But he seems to be German. You are German, are you?" He raised his hands. "Not a question."

Sebastian felt his head filling with thoughts. Someone from the future? Future him had probably given them a kill list? He had not missed the fact, that the Professor considered their death a solution to the problem. Would he join this line of thought at some point and travel back through time to initiate the murder of them? That was too much to take. He felt his legs growing weak. Wasn't that a paradox as the Professor described it a moment ago?

"Your question Professor." He said with a failing voice.

"What do you want to do now?" The Professor asked. "I can only warn you to ..."

"Whatever necessary. Thank you Professor." He froze him again and stumbled back, leaning against a wall right next to the JFK portrait.

Did I do this? It was an unbearable thought. Too much to comprehend. No, this was not right ... he sat there for what appeared to be an eternity and then he got up and stumbled to the exit ... New York. Maybe there was someone who could tell him what was going on. In New York. Elena. Anyone. He needed ... help. He did not wanted Kyle to die. Or Elena. Or any other innocent. Die, because an unknown force had given them powers beyond their understanding, that they had never asked for.

It was not right.

Could he make it right again?

Dangerous ground, Sevastian. You are on very dangerous ground.

He began to run. Also time meant nothing anymore he felt an explainable urgency to get to New York.

Tag: LordT

Ktala, Mitth_Fisto and HanSolo29 like this.
  2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jane
    New York, Great Expectations Club, Brooklyn

Jane leaned forward on railing of the upper level listening to her uncle the three reasons why Simmons would have gone off grid. One, that he was ordered to sanitize the mission. The fact that Jane had not had to deal with assassins last night threw cold water on that. Second, that she and the rest of her team were a distraction. That ate at her too, she knew what she was, a tool of other people to use when they didn't want to get their hands dirty but, she hated having her time wasted. As well, wouldn't he want to keep tabs on them…She looked at her phone again. If this goes south, or if Simmons picks this moment pop back up and ruin this, she'd have to outfit the team with new phones. They wouldn't be as secure as their current gear but, at least they would be harder to track by higher ups.

Especially if she covered her tracks.

The last option, the one that worried Owen, that something behind the scenes had changed, making it easier to work on your own.

"Why do you think he does not need you anymore?" Her uncle asked.

"I'm not quite sure," she replied still looking out into the empty space that would soon fill with bodies. "Either he doesn't trust us to carry this out, or we're liabilities but, as you pointed out. If he wanted us dead, we would be by now. So he doesn't trust us. Then why hire us? Why bring us in from all branches of the government. Whatever changed must have very quickly. We've been on the job for little more than a day, and now he chooses to pull a disappearing act." She let out a sharp breath, "I don't like unknowns, at least when it comes to my job. Simmons incommunicado, is a very big unknown. Hell I don't even know why these people have to die. That's never bothered me before but, now, with the head honcho bugging out." She shook her head. "No, governments don't pay me without reason, I don't even care if it's a bad one." She didn't know if she believed these words anymore but, she was trying. "Well it's not like I can walk away from a job not done right."

It was her odd sort of professionalism. She was hired to do a job she had to see it through, why else was she here, still going through the motions of planning this assassination. She pulled out her phone texting John and Rutherford, Moore didn't reply so she didn't bother with him.

VIP AREA COME EARLY.

"Well hopefully we end this tonight. I can get out of here, and put it all behind me." This was her wish, just get this done, and move on, just like she did with every other job.

Deep down she knew this was no longer like every other job.

TAG: LordTroepfchen

3. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    ooc: Both Fin and TSG are away for a few days, so I update them later.

"Always better to know why they need to die. Kinda tells you how much of a liability you are yourself after the job." Her uncle mused. "Made that mistake a lot."

Her Uncle was in thoughts walking by her side, when Jane's phone rang. It was the last person anyone would expect right now, probably.

Adrian Simmons. So much for vanishing.

"I need you for a job. And you cannot tell the others. I know what Maria is doing, but believe me she cannot solve the problem. We two can. So can I count you in?"

Basically if a man like Simmons asked you if he could count you in it was kind of a strange question. Saying no was basically putting your name on the next list.

Then again the Adrian Simmons she knew was barely recognizable anymore. The man who faced death every breath and had ice-water in his vains sounded nervous now. Tense. Afraid?

Tag: @galactic-vagabound22

Washington D.C., The White House, Situation Room

The NSC turned to Prof. Cale. They were all having big question marks on their faces, except Meyers of course. The Professor ignored them for a long moment, though.

He looked at the President as if he was surprised by something. And then he considered whatever it was he was surprised about and gave the room this mild smile, that showed his brilliance and arrogance in equal measures.

"I will skip introductions, I assume everybody here can google. Yesterday night I was called to a crime scene ... something that I have never been before ... to find a man there called Marshall John Moore. He pointed a gun at the door of a diner and lay on the floor. The police and whoever else involved himself into this investigation had tried to move Mr. Moore. Unsuccessfully. Five men couldn't move him. Neither could a truck. Neither a sledgehammer nor a diamond drill could make his body move. Fire, icing, nothing had any effect. He was unmovable. Something impossible to explain through the laws of mass, matter or gravity. Yet, it is explainable outside of three dimensional thinking by ... I will simplify this. I strongly believe this man was removed from our current flow of time. He is frozen in time. Frozen in the moment he was in when he wanted to shoot someone. And as long as he is frozen in time ... and when I mean him I mean the matter he is composed of ... nothing will ever affect him."

General Taylor was the first to speak. "Are you serious?"

"Of course I am. And too predict your next question ... what weapon or technology could have done this? The answer is none. None we are even capable of imagining with or current state of understanding of time. We are still in the process of understanding space-time. Early experiments have shown that manipulating it through gravity, speed and matter are possible. But nothing we know or are even working on comes close to this. Someone has manipulated time itself. It seems someone has this ability now and whoever it is, he used it against Mr. Moore."

Silence spread. Nobody knew what to do about this, really.

"Now the problem. Time is like any physical force. You can influence it, but you cannot break it. Yet, someone breaks it and that is something that could lead to time not working properly anymore, strongly simplified. If that happens, it is possible existence as we know it ceases to exist." He looked around. Meyers was now addressing him.

"Is this not a bit drastic ... I mean ..."

"No ... General, is it? It isn't." Cale sighed. "Time-space is a physical law underlying everything. The universe is made up of matter that exists because of movement and the time it needs to move. An electron moved around a neutron core in a certain amount of time. That is basically what everything is made up of. Now someone stopped this movement, because he took matter out of time and stopped it from moving, altogether." Cale folded his hands. "And this gets worse. We have indication that this is only one thing they can do. There is the possibility that these people can actually move backwards through time."

Meyers was silent now. Taylor was shaking his head. Dr. Albert Calley, the bald headed foreign minister in his fifties was the one who took lead now.

"I thought time travel is impossible? I read this somewhere ..."

"Somewhere?" Cale laughed out a cold laughter. "We know in theory it is possible. But there was one strong argument against it. You are right. If time travel is possible, why haven't we met any time travelers?" He looked around and everybody nodded.

"Well, we possibly have now." Cale put everybodies mind games checkmate and his hands unfolded. "And this Argument suddenly becomes something terrifying."

Meyers spoke up. "Why?"

Cale replied. "Because why haven't we seen hundreds of them? Why aren't they everywhere, warning us and changing things ..."

Again a long moment of silence. Only then Meyers got it and spoke out.

"Because there is only one Time Traveller." He sighed. The others did not get it and Cale nodded. "And why is there only one, General?" He asked him like the five star General was student in a lecture.

"That IS the question, is it? Following your hypothesis that time can be broken ... would be broken by something like this ... there is only one because he ends existence and therefore there can be no others later on. Right?" Meyers hand turned into a fist.

"Oh my God, you can't be serious." Taylor hissed out and looked at the President.

"The logic is flawless." Calley sighed.

"There can be infinite other explanations, but yes. This seems to be a logical solution." Cale shrugged and leaned back, signaling to leave this discussion to the committee again.

Roberts now spoke. For the first time since the discussion began the hawk-like face of the CIA director moved and he leaned forward. "That explains the Antville operation. Someone in the Shadow Network tried to contain this. Without us, because he was afraid we might want to utilize this." His eyes went to Taylor for a moment. Then back to the US President. "Would killing this Time Traveller contain this danger, Professor?"

Cale nodded. "Yes." He simply said.

And everybody looked at the President. They expected his input ... especially because they were helpless. Something that could rarely be said about this assembly.

Tag: HanSolo29

Ktala and HanSolo29 like this.
  4. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Bus Station, New York

The man stared at him and it was obvious now he was very ill. Then he forced a smile on his face. "Hello Kawin." His smile froze. "Sorry, this will hurt a little now. But let us see how deep you have ventured into the rabbit hole."

The man vanished. Just like this. As if he had been an illusion. A hallucination. People turned their heads, irritated ... and then Kawin felt pain in his chest. Twice. Something made his body tremble. Something hit him from behind. Blood sprayed from his chest onto a young woman passing by. She opened her mouth to scream, but Kawin never heard the scream. His heart stopped beating and everything went dark ...

And then ...

And then he saw the strange man with black hair in the crowd. Just where he had seen him about ten seconds ago. The man was not moving, just standing there and looking at him. Kawin was back at the exit of his bus. Just where he had stood about ten seconds ago. The man still looked thin and his skin was still pale and looked almost transparent. His eyes still had an unnatural intensity as they seemed to pierce him from under the hood of his grey hoodie. But the mouth. The mouth smiled this time. Kawin was alive again. Precious seconds passed ... and this time the man disappeared immediately, before Kawin could even approach him. Which he would have in about five seconds. Two or three seconds before he would have died.

Mitth_Fisto

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle (Daniel Jackson)
    On the road, Greyhound Bus 3f40

The look on Lambs face was haunting as he scanned the bus. He then looked back at Kyle. "Why I am here? Good question. I do not really know. I have little control over it. Bad things happened between you and me and Sebastian and this creepy guy from Spain. Elena. And the two girls who hunt us. Things went out of control and then ... I was in another timeline. I call them timelines. Reset button. Subtlety different start and then things go wrong in another way. Always the same thing. This is my third version and for God's sake you made it out of D.C. this time." '

'THREE TIMES!!!!' Kyle's mind screams, as he tries to handle that bit of news.The smile he gave Kyle made the hairs on his neck raised. Lambs continued, "I seem to jump only if I am dead in this timeline. For some reason I cannot safe myself. But anyway, I am here now and I have no idea how long I am going to stay." The man laughed. "A nightmare really. Have you met Sebastian already?"

Kyle's mouth opened and then closed, as he looked over in shock. he could understand why the guy looked ... strained. It sound liked he was being dragged all over the time line, with no control at all. "So... you saying you cant control what happens to you?" he whispered. "And its always you, me, Creepy guy, and a guy called Sebastian??" Kyle played the role of a newbie, letting his eyes get big. "And that there are two girls that are hunting us? So who is Elena?"

Another thought came to Kyle. "But... did you go to New York? Does anything happen there?" Kyle asked the man. Something had to be going on, for him to be put on the bus, with Kyle. Maybe they were connected somehow. It all seemed time related. Suddenly Kyle really wanted to talk to Sebastian. But he would not dare call him, not knowing what he was up to. He could interrupted something vital. And if Sebastian was using his abilities, that might be very bad.

Kyle looked at the guy, and dug into his pack, pulling out a small drink. "Here. You look like you could use it. Too bad its not nothing stronger." Kyle gave the guy a smirk. He wasnt really sure that he really trusted the guy. He gave off a very weird vibe. So he would keep his eye on him, just in case this guy had cracked, and had his own plans on how to stop stuff from happening.

Tag: LordTroepfchen

6. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

"Always better to know why they need to die. Kinda tells you how much of a liability you are yourself after the job." Uncle Owen spoke. "Made that mistake a lot."

She began to walk with her Uncle heading back out, they had a plan, they had a time, now all there was to do was wait. Her eyes looked around the space one last time, marking the exits, imagining her escape route. That was when her phone rang. She furrowed her brow, was it one of the team. She pulled it out and quirked an eyebrow, she didn't expect this.

"I need you for a job. And you cannot tell the others. I know what Maria is doing, but believe me she cannot solve the problem. We two can. So can I count you in?"

"Well hello to you too Simmons." She spoke looking up to her uncle knowing she was hearing what she said. "Before I agree, I need to know a few things. What is this all about, why do I need to kill these people? What is Maria planning? Last I knew, we were setting up to end this, no thanks to you. " Her eyes never left her uncle. "And why have you gone off the grid? You're acting erratically, I find it hard to trust a crazy person." She knew she was being brash but, asking questions was not her forte. " Lastly I want to be left breathing by the end of this. Can you assure me that you won't stab me in the back, liquidate me when I become a liability?" She knew he could just lie to her but, he sounded nervous, almost desperate. Maybe, just maybe he would agree, and stand by his word.

She wasn't turning him down, just negotiating her terms.

7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    Leaving Greyhound Bus 7j23,
    Bus Station, New York

The man stared at him and it was obvious now he was very ill. Then he forced a smile on his face. "Hello Kawin." His smile froze. "Sorry, this will hurt a little now. But let us see how deep you have ventured into the rabbit hole."

Kawin opened his mouth to ask, "Eh? What are you. . ." he was going to ask talking about. But then the man vanished. Just like the fires as if he had never really been there in the first place. As if he had been an illusion. A hallucination. A shorted out hologram. People turned their heads, irritated, which really troubled Kawin about what he should think about these New Yorkers that they were merely irritated by a person vanishing ... and then Kawin felt pain in his chest. Twice. Something made his body tremble. Something hit him from behind. Blood sprayed from his chest onto a young woman passing by. She opened her mouth to scream, but Kawin never heard the scream. His heart stopped beating and everything went dark ... He barely had time to truly register, he had been shot, double tap from behind.

And then ...

And then he saw the strange man with black hair in the crowd. Just where he had seen him about ten seconds ago. The man was not moving, just standing there and looking at him. Glancing around Kawin saw he was back at the exit of his bus. Just where he had stood about ten seconds ago. Couldn't have been more than ten seconds. The man still looked thin and his skin was still pale and looked almost transparent. His eyes still had an unnatural intensity as they seemed to pierce him from under the hood of his grey hoodie. Was this what precognition was like? If so it was a pain in the. . .wait. The mouth. The mans mouth smiled this time. Simmons was smiling. Kawin was alive again. Precious seconds passed as he just stood there trying to think this through... and this time the man disappeared immediately, before Kawin could even make up his mind to approach him. Which he would have in about five seconds just to figure this out. Two or three seconds before he would have died it seemed.

"Ok. This is weird." he muttered as he stood there before the person behind him cleared their throat. Urging him to descend. "Right. Sorry." he muttered as he left the bus and headed out into the crowd. Weird. Considering his past day that was saying something now. He only wished his could understand it better. Picking a direction and using Amanda's phone he looked up a place to get some descent clothes. After all he had to look like he belonged in a VIP room in a club shortly. Time to look the part so they would even let him in, and try to not stick out like a sore thumb. A simple suit should do the trick, keep a pair of good black sneakers just in case, and possibly see if anyone sold those chemical cloth bullet proof vests that lasted only two years. After what just happened that seemed like a high priority before heading to the club.

LordTroepfchen

8. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    ooc: Permitted by LordT

Maria Liang/Fake Elena
    Motel, New York

She snapped up as she had an idea. She could not find Sinmons. But she could find connections.

Logging back in into the Shadow Network she began searching for others who see searching for him. If something was wrong a third party would be involved. The only third party he was nervous about would be someone higher in the food chain. Not many candidates there. She began looking into search logs. Location requests. Everything. Someone was messing with him and it was someone from the network, she was sure of this.

9. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO
    leaving Washington D.C.

76 hours

That was the time it needed to walk from D.C. to New York. Too long. Of course he had all the time in the world ... but would time stay frozen if he slept? And the Professor had warned him about excessive use of his power.

He decided to take the plane and be careful. The President seemed not to know the identity of him, so he should be save to travel by plane for now. Even if not he had the power to protect himself. Literally. The gun ... the gun was a problem. He was not really ready to let go of it. Then again ...

Stopping time at the security to bring it to the other side was his easiest trick now, was it?

The other man ... the creepy man ... was something he could not forget. It was intimidating enough just to know someone like this existed. But the paradox idea of the Professor made sense and if that was true ... there were two options.

One was he would always end up returning here and initiating this cycle ... the other was the traveling back in time had changed the chain of events, which meant they had one of this paradox things here. Even if he went back, what happened to the future self?

Anyway, he was a prisoner of time and fate or a danger of unknown proportions. He was screwed anyway.

Getting online to book a flight he drank from his cafe and looked around in the Starbucks. What did he do if the President did not give in? Would he make his threats a reality? He did not know if he had the willpower to do it.

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: President Kurt Roland
    Situation Room, White House, Washington D.C.

Pressing his lips into a thin line, Kurt straightened his posture and inhaled deeply though his nose, making no effort to hide his disdain as he studied the CIA director under a crucial gaze. Roberts was a hard man, but efficient at his work; he knew how to achieve results, even if some of his methods were a bit eccentric. That is why it should not have come as a surprise to hear him suggest such a decisive response to this crisis. It was inevitable. And yet, it still felt like someone had punched him in the gut.

In truth, he didn’t expect it to happen this quickly. By holding back some of the facts about his personal encounter with the time traveler, he thought he could steer the course of the conversation long enough to obtain some leverage. Unfortunately, that plan had backfired in his face. They were too eager to react and bring about a certain outcome…which is what he had initially feared. If he wanted any hope of bringing this to a logical conclusion, he would have to concede and reveal the truth. They were forcing his hand.

“I’m afraid it’s not that simple,” he asserted firmly as he finally turned away from Roberts to address the entire assembly. “Aside from suggesting murder, there are other factors to consider. For one, how do you intend to get close enough to this man to carry out the job? He can stop time with a single thought. While it would seem like only a second to us, it will be enough for him to make his escape…or worse.”

He hung on that last word as he shifted uneasily in his chair. “If provoked, he could wipe out this entire administration. And why stop there? There are nuclear power plants and other military installations all along the eastern seaboard to consider. You want the end of existence? That’s it…right there. Millions of people dead in a matter of minutes.”

Trailing off, he allowed that to sink in before dropping the real bombshell. “And how do I know this?” he inquired as he inclined his head, casting a hard glance around the room.

“Because he was here.” He drove his index finger into the desk and tapped it repeatedly to emphasize his point. “He infiltrated our security checkpoints with this ability and we met…face to face. I had the 'pleasure' of hearing this threat firsthand.”

His expression turned dark, almost as if he was angry for allowing it to happen in the first place. When he spoke again, his voice was dangerously low. “Now you understand why I will not condone this action…not until we've exhausted all other options and we are forced into a corner. I believe we have other alternatives.”

11. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007

"Oh thanks." The man took the drink and eyed Kyle. "You haven't met Sebastian? Dammit. DAMMIT!" He shook his head. "I hope I rotate out in time." He laughed a bit, obviously stressed by the situation.

"Yeah, I was in New York. But seems to be completely different ... Elena had assembled us and ... things went wrong." Looking at Kyle suspicion blinked in his eyes. "Well, why are you going to New York exactly?"

Tag: Ktala

Motel Room, Washington D.C.

When Maria finally stopped looking for Adrian Simmons and started looking for who had been looking for him except her ... she finally hit gold. A user protected by several layers of secrecy had researched him recently. He had also looked into Adrian's history and had tracked ... Walter Caffey, 7th April 2004, FALLUDSCHA.

If she opened the file the picture showed a grinning US soldier with a sniper rifle who was beyond a doubt a younger Adrian Simmons. The file contained one entry for the 7th April 2004. While part-taking in Operation Vigilant Resolve Caffey had partaken in a classified operation called "McFly". The operation was classified top secret and usually that would not have kept her away for long ... but this one was so classified there was no digital copy of the file. Only the paper version.

Tag: TheSithGirly

Simmons was silent for a moment. Then his old cold self returned. "Wow questions. So I guess the money you demanded to kill these people without questions is not longer of interest to you?" Her Uncle looked at her as Simmons talked to her on the phone.

"We need to kill these people before they kill everybody else. And before we discuss any of these other questions ... do you think that having classified information gives you a better chance of not ending with a knife in your back?" Simmons hissed the words now. "So are you still working for me or are you not?"

Bus Station, New York

He had not even opened the maps section of his mobile, when he felt the impact of the two bullets in his chest. This time it was painful. People screamed. There was a cracking noise when his chest was broken by the bullets. Then the push that ran through his head into his neck as something made his head move backwards in a rapid movement ...

And then ...

And then he saw the strange man with black hair in the crowd. Just where he had seen him about ten seconds ago. The man was not moving, just standing there and looking at him. Kawin was back at the exit of his bus. Just where he had stood about ten seconds ago. The man still looked thin and his skin was still pale and looked almost transparent. His eyes still had an unnatural intensity as they seemed to pierce him from under the hood of his grey hoodie. But the mouth. The mouth did not smile this time. Kawin was alive again. Precious seconds passed ... and this time the man did not disappear. He waited to watch Kawin die again.

Mitth_Fisto

AAI Flight 4U72, Washington - New York

The security or passport were not really a challenge and so Sebastian was sitting in the plane fully weaponed with his gun and without any control having him registered.

The flight was rather boring compared to the last day, but calming down after a completely sleepless night made sleep irresistible. And soon after taking of for the short flight his mind slipped into a deep slumber.

And he dreamt of strange machines made of steel and light and the hyper-frequent hum that they gave away and which sounded like a scream sometimes.

Or where it many screams? So hard to concentrate. The sound always seems to be out of reach if now, always a fresh memory fading quickly as it was drowned by the hum that was a fresh memory fading quickly as it was drowned by the hum that was a fresh memory fading quickly as it was drowned by the hum that was a fresh memory fading quickly as it was drowned by the hum that was a fading memory.

"Are you alright?" The Stewardess asked and looked down at him. She was afraid. And if Sebastian looked around it was pretty easy to understand why ... they were suddenly the only people on the plane. And apparently they were coming down pretty fast considering how he was pushed into his seat ...

Tag: DarkLordoftheFins

The room grew silent after this revelation. All eyes were on the President except Professor Cale, who watched the room. Then it was Roberts who spoke up again, more dedicated to his course of action than ever.

"Mr. President, if we do this he will never see us coming." Roberts said and wanted to add something ...

It was Meyers now who jumped to the side of the President. "Except he can see the future. Right?"

Roberts stared at Meyers and Meyers spread his hands. "If he can travel backwards he can travel forward. He might be aware of any plot against him because he studied the outcome."

Roberts stared at Meyers who usually was one of his closest allies and then understood the point. Leaning back he sighed.

"Mr. President do you suggest we allow this man to blackmail us?" He asked, making the President look weak in front of the others. "I thought the US Government doesn't allow itself to be blackmailed by anyone ..."

"Stop Reading your own press. The democrats seemed rather successful with it when they discussed the finances with you last year." General Taylor remarked and brought Roberts to finally shut up. Both his allies had spoken up against him. Taylor looked straight at the President.

"This man you describe has the power to do immense harm, Mr. President. Coming here and threatening you shows he is very aware of this. What you describe sounds more like a God than a man to me." Taylor cleared his throat. "What other options do we have? Can we contain, diminish or even take this power from him?" He asked. Cale shook his head. "Not without knowing how he acquired it." He answered the question not directed at him. Taylor sighed.

And finally the oldest of the assembled spoke. Stuart Bird of the the Energy department. He rarely spoke, but the comment about nuclear plants had obviously stirred him up. In his seventies he was the most experienced politician at the table. "If a man truly has these powers and you Mr. President seem to have witnessed them first hand ... this is not only a lethal danger. It questions everything. Putting your Armageddon hypothesis aside for a moment, Professor ... his influence on the world is almost unlimited. We are in danger of becoming puppets of someone manipulating political events as he wishes on a global scale. We are talking about a shift in power. One man who could dominate any Government in the world at any time. Directly or indirectly. A true and absolute puppet master. So what are our options, Sir?"

Professor Cale looked at Bird. Even he had not thought about this.

Meyers turned to the President and he was obviously concerned about this as well. "Shall we stop the Antville operation, Sir?" His voice showed he wasn't that sure they could ...

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle (Daniel Jackson)

"Oh thanks." The man took the drink and eyed Kyle. "You haven't met Sebastian? Dammit. DAMMIT!" He shook his head. "I hope I rotate out in time." He laughed a bit. The man was starting to creep Kyle out again. In time? In time for what? That was not encouraging at all! The man continued.

"Yeah, I was in New York. But seems to be completely different ... Elena had assembled us and ... things went wrong." Looking at Kyle suspicion blinked in his eyes. "Well, why are you going to New York exactly?"

Kyle shook his head. "Calm down. First of all, I have met someone. Guy with German accent? He didnt really get a chance to tell me his name. I didnt really ask. Things kinda happened fast. Did have someone try to kill me. Several times in fact. I dont know what really happened, as time got all...wonky? I felt a surge of energy..." Kyle shrugged. "When I woke up, we were in a hotel room. It was a a girl calling. Elena. Told us to head to New York. Guy have me a ticket. Said he had a stop to make..and that he would meet me there." Kyle shrugged his shoulders, running his fingers through his hair. "Considering the guy saved my life several times within the space of a few hours, and found out that everyone seemed to be gunning for us..well, who was I to argue?" Kyle made a nervous laugh. "Besides, it was made clear that both of us were to show up. And it was dangerous for me to stay in that city anymore. At least I can hide out in a new city, if things go south. And from what you're saying, it sounds like it goes pretty bad."

Kyle gave a deep sigh, as Kyle leaned into his seat. "Wonderful. This nightmare just keeps getting better and better." Kyle
    grabbed a drink, and started slurping on it.

13. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

"Wow questions." Simmons replied voice returning to his cold tone. "So I guess the money you demanded to kill these people without questions is not longer of interest to you?"

"I'm still interested but, something about this mission isn't adding up." Jane snapped back, "You disappearing for a bit, then calling me out of the blue telling me to cut out the others, that isn't what I signed up for." She grit her teeth, heart pounding in her chest as she looked to her uncle, hoping for some support.

"We need to kill these people before they kill everybody else. And before we discuss any of these other questions ... do you think that having classified information gives you a better chance of not ending with a knife in your back?" Simmons hissed.

"What's the harm in telling me, I'm dead either way."

"So are you still working for me or are you not?"

"Not really a choice is it?" she replied, glaring through the phone at the man that would never see it. "I do this you put a bullet in my brain, like you planned all along. I reject you, you just kill me a little earlier."

She was quiet of a long moment.

"So I chose to breathe a little longer." And get more time to plan her escape. "So I'm in, if only to see the next sunrise."

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001

Kurt did not hesitate as he leaned forward and met Meyers’s gaze. “No, we can’t,” he replied firmly, pausing for a moment to allow his words to sink in. “But not for the reasons you think.” He knew some would be quick to call him out on the contradiction, but what they didn’t realize was that this was all part of the plan. Now that it was out there, it was his job to make them understand. “I’ll explain in a moment…”

Inhaling deeply, he then shifted in his seat to address Secretary Bird. The man had raised a valid concern about the distribution of power and the kind of influence a time traveler could have on such a delicate balance. He had the potential to control entire world governments, and even Kurt had to admit that he had seen the outset of that threat when he had met the man face to face. But he also knew that they could not give in to that fear, especially when he considered the man’s uncertainty when it came to utilizing his powers to inflict harm. The man had spared his life, after all.

“Your concerns are also noted, Secretary,” he continued after a moment. “And while I agree that your theory could have dire consequences for all of us, I assure you, I will not let that happen. We still know very little about the nature of this phenomenon, and until we uncover more details, I’m afraid it’s not enough to convince me to authorize a hit against this man.” He canted his head as if to challenge the older man. “What will it achieve? What message do we hope to send?”

Leaning back once more, he closed the binder and adopted a more austere expression as he focused his attention back to the entire assembly. “I want to remind all of you that these people are not terrorists, and they won’t be treated as such.”

He paused long enough to give Roberts a pointed look. His objectionable comments from earlier about his ability to handle this crisis had not gone unnoticed. It was an embarrassment to be talked down to like that in front of this council. He wanted to make sure that Roberts was aware of his mistake and that it would not be tolerated going forward.

“They are acting out and behaving irrationally because they fear for their lives, which I’m sure we can all relate to on some level," he noted with a certain level of potency. He briefly recalled the mysterious man’s words to him before he disappeared into the flow of time, ‘But I understand you are afraid to die, Mr. President. I am too.’ The reminder sent a shiver down his spine, and he slowly shook his head to clear it so that he could continue.

“What’s the saying? ‘Back a dog into a corner, and he will bite?’ The same concept applies here,” he summarized as his eyes swept around the table. “Extraordinary powers aside, they are being hunted down one by one by trained assassins. They’re targeting children, for God’s sake! So, who is really to blame here? We instigated this behavior when the Antville operation went live, and it’s now inhibiting our ability to control the situation. The more aggressive we are in pursuing them, the more desperate they’ll become.”

Lifting a brow, he regarded General Meyers carefully. “So, yes, General, by all means, I believe Antville should be stopped. We need to give them some breathing room. But as I said, there are other factors preventing that from happening to the fullest extent. The mastermind behind this operation – a man by the name of Simmons – is too erratic, a real loose cannon who will take that kind of rejection as a personal offense. I can’t stress enough how dangerous this man can be if enraged by these circumstances.”

He issued a heavy sigh and averted his gaze as he spread his hands. “And yet, he may be the only option we have left to solve this mystery, so we need to keep him content. I’ve been in recent contact with Simmons in regards to this operation, and...” His voice trailed off as he shook his head with a scoff. “Well, let’s just say he has one hell of a story to tell. But more importantly, I feel he can lead us back to the source.”

It obviously pained him to allow Simmons to run free, but Kurt was adamant to move forward with this plan. Too much was at stake to back away from it now. And he hadn’t seen it before, but the predictions and the warnings about an impending disaster that Simmons had rambled on about…it was all too much of a coincidence. Could there be another connection to the time traveler?

Inclining his head, he sought out the professor, who was still seated along the side wall. “And what was your reasoning, professor? If we find the source to how they acquired these powers, there may be some hope in stopping it?” His tone was now laced with a hint of optimism. “Then I believe we should be focusing our efforts on finding those answers, not using lethal force to shut these people down. After all, they may still prove useful to us.”

As if on cue, his gaze instinctively went to General Taylor across the room. His mind was reeling over what they could achieve if they found a way to apply this power to their own assets; the possibilities were endless, and they would no longer have to live in fear. They would need to talk.

Clamping down on that thought, he carried on with some caution. “If we can identify them, we can keep tabs on them…and we can control them. Perhaps then, we can find the means to contain this…and save lives in the process. I’m confident there’s a way.”

Another long pause followed before he returned his attention back to Meyers. He knew what he had to do.

“General, is it possible to get word out to the rest of the Antville team without alerting Simmons?” he asked promptly. “If so, I suggest you take it. Advise them that I want these people alive…”

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  15. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007

Roberts leaned back with a most displeased look. Obviously he considered this a grave mistake. But he was too smart to ignore an obvious defeat.

Then everybody listened. Bird acknowledged the words of the president with a nod. All others showed at least mild signs of agreement. Especially Taylor nodded, when it came to the potential use of such powers.

Again it was Meyers backing the President. "I know Adrian Simmons personally and have suspected him of being behind this, too. Whoever authorized this ..." His gaze wandered the room as he brought up the point. Someone authorized Antville and that someone was probably in the room. "... he would be a natural choice. Among all our agents I consider him to be the most dangerous one. He is also a patriot through and through." Meyers nodded. "Yes, Mr. President. Through an old friend of mine I have identified one of the assassins I believe. I can use this line to communicate I guess." He nodded. It was a consider it done nod.

Finally everyone turned to Cale. He sighed. "Yes, there is obviously a chance the source of this power gives us insight and allows us to ... influence the situation." Nodding he looked around. He had just realized how dangerous the people in this room were. "I also want to point out, that cooperation makes sense in my view. The best way to contain this for now might be to not provoke these people using their powers." He looked at Bird. "I would also like to point out that I understand your concern Mr. Bird. But consider this ... if the world becomes a better place through this or not, that would solely depend on the nature of this new God. If your scenario cannot be avoided, do we really want to welcome such a being by declaring war on it?"

Bird stared at him and finally shook his head.

ooc: feel free to end the meeting or continue as you see fit

Simmons sighed. "I see. Someone planted the thought in your head, that I will turn on you. Why would I? Killing you leaves traces. Better you and I simply vanish once this is done." Simmons pressed the words out. "Conclude your job and you are paid well. Do not trust anyone. Especially not the ones you do actually trust. The stakes are high. Higher than you can imagine."

Simmons paused. "On 27th street there is an apartment in which a man called Anderson lives. A hacker." Simmons paused and Jane received coordinates. "I need him killed and I need him killed in the next four hours. Before the club. By the way, yeah I know about the club."

Lambs gave the boy a long look. "Hiding?" He shook his head. "There is no hiding. You need to stop it. You haven't figured this out yet, have you? Your ability? This thing that you can do? It is the only thing that can stop them. The only thing that can stop HIM!" Lambs looked around and then leaned over. "There is only one way out of the nightmare ... through it."

16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO
    Airplane.

The Dream ... it felt so terribly real. The Sound ... he ...

He barely heard the voice of the Stewardess. His eyes looked around, shocked how vulnerable he had been to fall asleep. Then he realized something was so very, very wrong. Why was nobody here anymore? Looking at the window it was obvious they were going down and the pressure on him indicated they were going down pretty fast.

"Did you do this?" He asked and looked at the Stewardess. Or did I?

They were going to crash. He jumped up and hurried to the cockpit which he was certain he would find abandoned ...

17. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007

"Me?" The young blonde Stewardess looked like him in shock with a bit of rising hysterical amusement slowly creeping up into her features. "How should I do this? I wanted to serve dinner, turned around and you were ... they were all gone!" She hurried after him as he made his way to the cockpit. The door was locked of course. "Forget it, can only be opened from the inside. I think we are descending too fast. The auto pilot should usually take us to JFK. But I think we are still thirty minutes away from the Big Apple. Should begin slow descent now. Not like this." She had obviously been quick to think things through.

Then there was a noise from behind. Someone was still on board, somewhere in the art-section. A man appeared, blonde, quite handsome and in his early forties he stumbled out of the lavatory and stared at the two. "Seems we might have a problem, do we?" He said remarkably cool. His accent was British. A quick look around, then he turned without a further word and turned around the next corner, grabbing the Satellite payphone from the wall and pushed in his credit card. He quickly dialed.

"Good idea." The Stewardess said and stepped next to him. "We need to call JFK control."

The man looked at her. He smiled. "This is Mulligan. I am on a crashing airplane. I found one. Flight AAI Flight 4U72. How? By accident." He looked at Sebastian. "What is your name, Sir?"

Tag: DarkLordoftheFins

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001

Kurt sat in silence for a long moment, his eyes focused on the folder in front of him as he fiddled with the clip of his pen, seemingly deep in thought. Finally, he leaned forward and ran a hand over his jaw as he nodded. Despite his solemn expression, he appeared satisfied with Meyers’s answer. It was a lead, and in a world that was slowly spiraling out of control, that would have to suffice for now.

And yet, he still had his doubts. The fact that Simmons had neglected to call on the secure line to provide an update on the mission was not lost on him. Had he gone dark? Kurt did not even want to contemplate what that might insinuate.

Or, more importantly, how that might complicate his plan.

At least he could take comfort in the fact that Cale and Bird now agreed with him about how to handle the time traveler. That would buy him some time. He acknowledged their conversation and the subsequent decision with another nod of approval.

But then there was the matter of the people responsible for authorizing the Antville operation itself. No doubt Meyers was correct to assume that they were currently sitting in this room, quietly watching the proceedings. Kurt mentally chided himself for not seeing it sooner – that kind of negligence could turn into a costly mistake. Hopefully they would not compromise his efforts by tipping Simmons off about what was about to happen. Until he knew who he could trust, he would have to proceed with caution. The meeting was over.

He sought out Meyers’s gaze as he straightened his suit coat and began to rise. “General, I want to be notified as soon as you establish a connection with your contact.” He didn’t elaborate for obvious reasons, but he hoped the General would understand. He would also like a private audience with this benefactor to discuss their options.

“Other than that, I think we’re through here,” he announced as he turned to address the entire committee with a sense of urgency behind his words. “We’ll convene again once we’re a little further along with the case. Until then, you know what needs to be done; I expect you to keep me apprised of any new developments.” He spread his hands to dismiss them. “Thank you, ladies and gentlemen.”

At this point, he felt it was prudent to confer further with Cale and his scientists, and even General Taylor on related issues, but not without first consulting his Chief of Staff. Kurt valued Matt’s opinions, and he was certain the man had a lot to offer on the current crisis after observing the others throughout the meeting’s duration. It will be an enlightening experience to pick his brain a bit.

As he approached the door, Kurt made his intentions known by making eye contact with Matt and gesticulating with his hand to get him to follow.

19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    Leaving Greyhound Bus 7j23,
    Bus Station, New York

He had not even opened the maps section of his mobile, when he felt the impact of the two bullets in his chest. This time it was painful. People screamed. There was a cracking noise when his chest was broken by the bullets. Then the push that ran through his head into his neck as something made his head move backwards in a rapid movement ...

And then ...

And then he saw the strange man with black hair in the crowd. Just where he had seen him about ten seconds ago. The man was not moving, just standing there and looking at him. Kawin was back at the exit of his bus. Mind a little sluggish but adapting to dying again he tried to think this through. Was it he was viewing the same moments again and again? Until he figured a way out, a path that did not kill him in this loop?

He was just where he had stood about ten seconds ago. The man still looked thin and his skin was still pale and looked almost transparent. His eyes still had an unnatural intensity as they seemed to pierce him from under the hood of his grey hoodie. He made to move down and out of the bus before the woman harrumphed at him again, but the mans mouth. The mouth did not smile this time. Not a vision. . . not a vision? Kawin was alive again. Precious seconds passed ... and this time the man did not disappear. He knew the man was waiting to watch Kawin die again. Waiting to see him fail.

Still he was already walking down when he quickly spun, instinctively turning to where the bullets had come from. Having known from the feel of them coming into his back and the snap of his head where the shooter had to be. What he planned to do? Well that depended on where the shooter was, close he would try to knock the gun away and maybe throat punch the guy. Farther away though? Duck and run.

Through all of this though he knew the man was there, not smiling. Changing the way things had been, changing what he had seen, changing reality.

@LordTroepfchen

20. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

"I see." Simmons sighed, "Someone planted the thought in your head, that I will turn on you." She gave a look to her uncle, he wouldn't steer her wrong, she could see it in his face, his tone, he was worried for her. "Why would I? Killing you leaves traces. Better you and I simply vanish once this is done." It seemed like Simmons was having issues saying these words, like he didn't want to. "Conclude your job and you are paid well. Do not trust anyone. Especially not the ones you do actually trust. The stakes are high. Higher than you can imagine."

Her lip curled into a snarl, who was this man to tell her who to trust. Her uncle trained her, nearly raised her. All through this he'd shown no signs of being any different from the man she knew, the man she grew up with.

"On 27th street," Simmons continued not dampening the sneer on her face, "there is an apartment in which a man called Anderson lives. A hacker." Her phone buzzed receiving the coordinates. "I need him killed and I need him killed in the next four hours. Before the club. By the way, yeah I know about the club."

"Of course you know about the club, Maria broke operational security the first moment she could. Good training there, did you pick her because she wasn't smart enough to turn against you, or was it just because you were sleeping with her?" She was angry, he'd called her uncle's loyalty into question, a man that served his country for years unwavering. "I'll do this, I'll help you, and I disappear afterwards." That was her plan all along. "I hope you're not lying to me."

She hung up looking at the information sent to her by Simmons.

"Do you think you can give me a ride to 27th, my boss has given me some extra work to finish." She started walking towards the exit. "He also says I shouldn't trust you, and that he won't kill me when this is all over." She stopped looking over her shoulder at the old man. "He's lying right? I can still trust you…can't I Uncle Owen?" Her voice wavered just a little, unsure of herself.

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle (Daniel Jackson)

Lambs gave the boy a long look. "Hiding?" He shook his head. "There is no hiding. You need to stop it. You haven't figured this out yet, have you? Your ability? This thing that you can do? It is the only thing that can stop them. The only thing that can stop HIM!"

Kyle leaned back, as he frowned at Lambs. Stop it? Did he mean Kill? Kill who? Kyle was quickly not liking where this conversation was going. But then again, the guy was most likely nuts. How could anything HE did, stop what was going on? Heck, he barely understood it. Lambs looked around and then leaned over.

"There is only one way out of the nightmare ... through it."

Kyle leaned in towards Lambs, very watchful of his body movements. "What do you mean, stop him? Stop who? How can we stop what's happening?" Kyle whispered softly, as he spoke to Lambs. "How do you stop it, when you dont even know who is after you?" Lambs might be crazy, but he might have some valid ideas too. As long as he didnt mean to kill him.. (Meaning Kyle), he was at least willing to listen.

'Is it the creepy guy I met just when all of this started?" Kyle asked.

22. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Bus Station, New York

Kawin turned around and he saw him immediately. It was a bit as if the world vanished as both men looked at each other. It was the Killer. The man who had hunted him in Canada. Somehow he had found out how he was traveling and where to and had been here first. By airplane or with a car that would not have been that hard.

The man stared at him, his hand still inside his black leather jacket and a second passed before he reacted. He drew his long silenced gun and took aim in the midst of the ground to execute Kawin in public. This time he saw it coming at least ... this time he could do something.

Mitth_Fisto

Matt understood. He had actually assumed they should discuss matters. Following him outside he nodded to the secret service Agent awaiting them there and he kept a distance.

"It's Taylor." Matt then said as the first thing, when they were out of reach of any listener. "Roberts was too aggressive. He is too much of a professional to expose himself like this. Meyers? Without him we would know next to nothing about Antville. So I rule him out. It must be Taylor who ordered Antville. He is a patriot. But he always enjoyed power a bit too much."

Matt sighed. General Taylor was a power in D.C. and probably had the best intentions. Which would make it hard to attack him.

"Anyway, I see the point to be honest. You are doing quite a gamble. Then again the man could have killed you, right?" After all those years Matt knew him so well to anticipate his reasoning. Taking out an e-reader he handed it over to Kurt. "Also he disliked you for a long time."

They had identified him. Sebastian Klein. Also known as LEGO. A video from the diner, a face-recognition software and a comparison of all his travels and the appearance of LEGO art for the last five years. Berlin, Thailand, US and of course the famous Israel thing ... every time Sebastian Klein had been there.

"With best regards from the NSA." Matt smiled. He liked the NSA. They simply knew things.

New York, Great Expectations Club - Motel - Streets, Brooklyn

Simmons smiled at his laptop and looked at Maria through the cam in her room. Why he had taken her? Well, she had found the people on the list in incredible speed. Oh she was so good at it. And she would be easy to get rid of. That had been his reasoning. He took out his mobile and texted her.

MAYBE WE SHOULD MEET. He wrote her.

In the Club her uncle sighed. "Darling, never trust anyone." He laughed. "I think you got yourself into a bad one. I give you a ride and then make some calls. Time you talk to Meyers." He nodded. "You so need a plan B."

They were on the road a few minutes later, her uncle brooding over the situation. When they arrived he turned to Jane. "Looks mundane enough." He yawned. He was right. An ordinary building with ordinary people probably living on the inside. "Be very careful."

Tag: @galactic-vagabound22, TheSithGirly

Lambs stared at her and then leaned over. "Stop who? Sebastian of course. You need to stop Sebastian, you are the only one who can!" He hissed now. "Creepy guy? No he is not that creepy in the beginning. Quite likeable, quite heroic. A bit of a line wolf, artist ... but very likeable. Then he grows powerful. More so than any of us. And then he meets this friggin Professor and understands. From there things go wild. He shreds apart the fabric of reality. Jumps back and forth in time. More a God than anything. Too bad he is crappy at being a God. Well who is prepared for this job, right? Right after leading a one man war against the USA and winning ... things get out of control ... and things ... end. I mean ... they just end. You see? At this point your power is nothing to him. But now? Now you can stop him!" He calmed down. "I know how this sounds. I like him, too. I am a stranger. A bit of an anxiety problem ... but I just beg at you to save the world, Kyle. Because you are the only one who can. The US President, Kawin, Elena and me ... we will all fall. But you? Now? Before he understands space and time are the same? You can take him from the flow of time and save us."

Lambs looked at him, tears in his eyes. "Please, this needs to stop."

Mitth_Fisto, Ktala and HanSolo29 like this.
  23. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Massive combined with LORDT, obviously. Will be away for two weeks, that is why we decided to break the format and do it like this. T wrote most of this.

Lego, Stewardess and Arthur Mulligan

"Me?" The young blonde Stewardess looked like him in shock with a bit of rising hysterical amusement slowly creeping up into her features. "How should I do this? I wanted to serve drinks, turned around and you were ... they were all gone!" She hurried after him as he made his way to the cockpit. The door was locked of course. "Forget it, can only be opened from the inside. I think we are descending too fast. The auto pilot should usually take us to JFK. But I think we are still thirty minutes away from the Big Apple. Should begin slow descent now. Not like this." She had obviously been quick to think things through.

Then there was a noise from behind. Someone was still on board, somewhere in the art-section. A man appeared, blonde, quite handsome and in his early forties he stumbled out of the lavatory and stared at the two. "Seems we might have a problem, do we?" He said remarkably cool. His accent was British. A quick look around, then he turned without a further word and turned around the next corner, grabbing the Satellite payphone from the wall and pushed in his credit card. He quickly dialed.

"Good idea." The Stewardess said and stepped next to him. "We need to call JFK control."

The man looked at her. He smiled. "This is Mulligan. I am on a crashing airplane. I found one. Flight AAI Flight 4U72. How? By accident." He looked at Sebastian. "What is your name, Sir?"

"Can we make our introductions after saving our lives?" Sebastian looked at him and wondered who the Brit was. What did he know? "How can we stabilize the airplane?" He asked the Stewardess. He would handle this Mulligan once they had dealt with the problem at hand. Because if they didn't ... he paused. He could stop time.

STOP.

And everything froze.

"What happened?" The Stewardess recognized the sudden absence of time. Mulligan smiled. "Oh that is good. You can do this just like that?" He asked with a curious look.

Sebastian looked at him. Did the man know what he could do? How? He simply nodded. Then Mulligan turned to the Stewardess, looked at the label on her chest and smiled.

"Don't worry. I guess we will not crash. Tell me, Sarah ... can you answer the man's question? What do we need to do?" He asked and looked at her.

The Stewardess looked from one man to the other and then tried to get a grip on the situation. "Auto-pilot will bring us down safely. It seems to be deactivated. John sometimes does that. The pilot. Where is everybody?"

"The auto-pilot is in the cockpit we cannot enter, I assume?" Sebastian asked. His eyes did not leave the Brit. But from the brink of his vision he saw the Stewardess nod.

"We cannot?" Mulligan asked.

"It is locked from the inside." The Stewardess said and Mulligan ignored her. "You can move through time, can you?"

Sebastian looked at him. He had stopped time. Not moved through it. "No, maybe. I dunno how to do it." He answered truthfully.

"If you can I think you can move through space."

"How?"

"They are the same, space and time. Don't you know?" The man asked him and looked surprised.

"I know nothing of such things." Sebastian sighed and confessed.

"How ironic." The man smiled. "I suggest you try." He then simply stated as if he asked him to try an especially rare tea or something.

Sebastian looked at him for a long moment and opened his mouth to say something. Then he closed it again, looking at the Stewardess. This was probably more than she should have heard. He closed his eyes and shook his head. Teleporting? Was this man suggesting he could teleport? This was crazy, but then no more crazy than stopping time. "Ok." Sebastian sighed and tried to imagine himself in the cockpit. Nothing happened. Nothing at all.

"I can't. I cannot do ... this." He sighed.

Mulligan nodded. "Not yet." He said and looked around. What made him say this? Sebastian stared at him and wished the Stewardess was not here. Well, he wished none of them was.

But his mind turned back to the problem at hand and found a new question. Was someone trying to kill them? Or him? Or Mulligan? Was this an attack? A malfunction of his powers? An accident? Something else entirely?

"Did you do ... " Sebastian looked around.

"No, no. Pretty sure I didn't." Mulligan laughed. "This must have been you. This is a bit beyond my ... abilities." The man obviously had less of a problem with the Stewardess listening.

"I am Arthur Mulligan and I cannot say how pleased I am to meet you. Even considering the circumstances." He smiled and extended his hand.

"As I said, introductions need to wait." Sebastian turned to the Stewardess and froze her. Then he turned back to the man. "What the hell is going on here?"

Mulligan smiled and nodded. "No idea. But my educated guess would be you grow stronger and struggle to control your powers." He said honestly and without any accusation.

"I grow even ... stronger?" The word seemed wrong. Stronger? This was not strength. It had become a burden.

"Oh yes. Eventually you will travel back in time, contact a certain Professor Jared and hand him two lists. One with a chain of events to proof what you can do and one with a list of people you wanna see dead."

Sebastian stared at him now. The man was basically spelling out his fears. So Kyle had met a future version of him.

"The names go to a shadowy circle of people and they add your name. Seems they were a bit afraid of you. Your artist name. They seemed not to know who you were, really." Mulligan continued as if he discussed the weather. Well, by now he had introduced himself.

"How do you know that?"

"Professor Jared told me." The man replied.

"Why?" Sebastian did not know if he was thankful or suspicious of this man.

"Because he correctly deduced that me and my colleagues are responsible for your current ... state of existence." Mulligan replied.

Sebastian was speechless for a long moment and then ... he was gone and the airplane was suddenly filled with hundreds of confused people again. It was flying and save and Mulligan was left looking at the Stewardess.

"I suggest you keep this to yourself, or people might question your mental stability." He said to her and then went back to his seat. His face tried to contain his anger. He had him. He found him through a lucky accident and now he was gone?

He needed to find these people fast. Really fast.

Mitth_Fisto, Ktala and HanSolo29 like this.
  24. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Maria Liang, Streets, New York

Falludscha. Adrian had been in Falludscha in 2004. She quickly checked the Operations name and as she suspected it had been the one that they lost. US troops had been embarrassed that day. Lost hundreds of men. What had happened in Falludscha?

An operation. McFly. That was a cultural reference even she understood. The time traveling boy from Back to the Future. Hardly a coincidence an operation searched as a connection to this operation was called this.

Logging into Pentagon she began to dig deeper. The file had never been digitalized. Kept secret even from the all knowing collective using the shadow network. But soldiers were always getting orders. Who had ordered him there. Who else was part of McFly? How long had they been there and where had they been sent afterwards?

Adrian, or Walter as she knew he had been called back then had to have a paper trial. She liked Adrian better.

A few more hours until she met "them". She had the feeling Falludscha was the key to understand all this. Whatever had happened there had been the driving force behind all this.

25. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Jane

"Darling, never trust anyone." Her uncle sighed. Then he laughed, did he think her fear was a joke, or was he just laughing to hide his own fear? "I think you got yourself into a bad one. I give you a ride and then make some calls. Time you talk to Meyers." She returned his nod. "You so need a plan B."

She looked at the ground shuffling her feet, she still had a lot to learn it seemed, if her uncle was still extending a hand to help her out.

"Well, you know planning ahead was never my strong suit, I like to improvise. I guess that isn’t going to help this time." She followed him out not talking anymore. Part of her was curious why did Simmons not trust her uncle, why did he not trust her uncle’s friends. Were they aligned against him? Were they involved with whatever was going on behind the scenes? Were these men the reason the targets needed to die? In her whole career she’s never had to question why she was doing something, or who she was doing it for.

Now she wasn’t sure she should continue to take orders from Simmons. However, if she were to go against him... Well her uncle said it himself, she wouldn’t survive the night. So right now she goes along with his plan and see what her uncle’s friend has to say.

It seemed Owen wasn’t interested in talking either, still brooding over all that was going on.

A few moments later they pulled up to the building, it looked normal enough. It wasn’t like hackers worked out of high tech buildings with modern lines. Jane watched the people coming and going looking to see if it was a building one needed a key for the front door, or if there was a row of mailboxes at the front something to give her a better idea as to which apartment her target was in.

If he was a hacker then he was either paranoid enough to not put his real name on anything even his apartment lease, or was confident enough in his skills that he wouldn’t worry about someone figuring out his real name.

Given that Simmons found him, he obviously wasn’t as good as he thought.

"Be very careful." Her uncle added.

Jane checked her pistol again, making sure there was a bullet in the chamber.

"I will be," she gave him a smirk as she got out of the car, "You trained me remember." her weapon, loaded with illegal rounds, safely hidden under her jacket she made her way to the front door.

If it was locked she couldn’t pick it not in broad daylight. She’d have to ask someone, either coming out or coming in to let her in. Or if there was a call box, ring someone on the first floor and pretend to be a resident that lost her key. Most New Yorkers didn’t know everyone in their building so it would be plausible.

If she could just walk in she would look for clues a mailbox and directory of sorts and see if her target was listed. If not then she’d have to get creative.

This is why she didn’t plan too far ahead, you never know what you were up against, always best to stay flexible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.