main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The cruellest 'cut' of all...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Jun 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    I'm mostly horizontal, actually. Now I can sympathise with Obi and Qui-Gon at the end of ANTAR...

2. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Trust Leona to know what Qui can do with his hands!

*insert wicked snicker here*

Now uppers so Calam can find you and post!

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    *giggles at Mouse's comment*

Hope your back gets better HaiGan.
    Hey Calam, I bet a post would ease HaiGan's pain.

4. HaiGan

Nov 7, 2000
    *nods and looks pathetic*

Then again, if it's not better I can stay home from work and think up a post for 'By The Sea Shore' instead.

5. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    The hidden blessings in back injuries. Seriously, Hai, I hope you feel better soon.

:)

6. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

I'm doing my best to oblige! A post is forthcoming today, honest! Just a little bit longer...

7. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Okay, sorry about the time it's taken to do this one! Thanks sis for the whack you originally gave my muse, and Mouse for the help halfway.

Master Rikka had been extremely hesitant about leaving her padawan on her first night back. After all, it was only her normal weekly visit round to Minty?s with some bottles of wine, a good holo and a chance to unwind with some of the other masters. However, Jaz had been yawning since her friends had left and had gone to sleep half an hour ago. Finally muffling her conscience, she?d given in to the thought of a Rex Victory holo and headed off for a night of relaxation.

Jasmyn waited a couple of minutes before creeping slowly out of her room and towards the front door. She didn?t know why she was so determined to speak to Kryztan tonight. Maybe she didn?t want him to suffer any longer than he had done. ?Or maybe you want to remove the guilt your feeling? her inner voice whispered. Letting out a breath to calm herself, she slipped quietly along the corridor.

Jasmyn paused outside Master Berlingside?s apartment before giving herself a mental shake and pressing the chime. She stood for what seemed an extraordinary long time, fiddling with her braid and shifting her weight from one foot to the other. No one answered. Letting out a dejected sigh, she turned and started to retrace her steps.

At the sound of approaching footsteps Jaz stopped. She stood still for a second before composing herself and turning to meet the advancing figures of Kryztan and Master Berlingside. Both smiled, but the latter raised his eyebrows inquiringly at the fair-haired padawan in front of him.

?Good evening? Dex said breezily. ?Nice to see you up and around again Jasmyn. I?d heard you were supposed to be to be resting and confined to your room, but I guess I misunderstood that piece of information, otherwise you wouldn?t be standing here in front of me, would you??

Jasmyn had the grace to blush guiltily.

?I really should be resting, but I?ve got to speak to Kryztan about something important. I don?t think my master would be too pleased if she knew that I was wandering around when I should be in bed, so is it all right if I come in for a short while?? She smiled, but kept her gaze on Master Berlingside and away from Kryztan.

Dex smiled. ?Sure, Kryztan could do with some cheering up I think, eh padawan??

Kryztan chuckled and made a comment about mammoths that Jaz didn?t quite catch. He sounded happy enough, but a quick glance at him showed the smile hadn?t reached his eyes. Steeling herself, she followed them both into the apartment. Master Berlingside went into the kitchen to make them all some hot chocolate leaving Kryztan sprawled across a sofa and Jaz perched on the edge of a chair.

Kryztan could see Jaz wasn?t comfortable. Her eyes were glued to the floor and she was twisting her braid around her fingers again. For someone who wanted to speak to him urgently, she wasn?t saying very much. He schooled his face into what he thought resembled a happy and interested expression.

?So, what?s the groundbreaking piece of news you have for me? Boyfriend trouble?? His eyebrows shot up his forehead and he tilted his head slightly as he expectantly waited for her answer.

Jaz licked her lips and tried to remember the words she?d spent hours rehearsing. She couldn?t think of any of them, they?d deserted her when she?d needed them most. HOW could she tell him?

?Um, no...?

?How much milk do you want added Jasmyn?? Dex shouted through from the kitchen.

?About three-quarters of the cup, thanks Master Berlingside? Jaz shouted in return. She tried to continue with what she was saying.

?We?ve been friends since we?ve been little and... well, we know each other really well. And the jokes we?ve played on each other...?

?Do you want any sugar added??

Jaz closed her eyes but kept her composure.

?One spoonful please Master Berlingside.? She shot a quick glance at Kryztan who was looking at her in a quizzical way.

8. Jedi Kylenn

Jul 2, 1999
    Yay!

That was perfect, Calam! It really showed what great friends Jaz and Kryz are. Wow!!

9. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh Calam, that was awesome.

I was so taken with that I had hopes of a possibly redeemed Kryztan in TLST. That last paragraph had me bristling at him though grrrr.

Great job!!!

10. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    I second Leona's motion!! *grin* Excellent work Calam...a thoroughly entertaining post! :) :) :)

I'd write more, but I'm at work...sorry. *grin*

11. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    I agree about that last paragraph. Excellent post Calam!

12. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Hey! She got there in the end :) How many rewrites was that then? Seriously, Calam sweated blood over that post and I'm not sure having me standing over her shoulder making comments helped or hindered her! He he, so now we know who to blame for Kryztan's diabolical behavior in future stories : JASMYN!

Great post. Loved how Dex kept interfering :)

13. HaiGan

Nov 7, 2000
    Well done Calam! Got there in the end, and it was worth the wait. :)

14. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Excellent job Calam!!! Well worth the wait!

I'm glad I could help you some. Just call me Serendipity! (From the movie Dogma) Tee-Hee!

15. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Let's not forget about this one!

UPPERS!

16. Jedi Kylenn

Jul 2, 1999
    Did Calam's post finish off the evening or is there more? (Is this the night of the Deb ball? I don't remember offhand.)

17. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

No, this is the night before the ball! Lots to still happen. However, it's all up to Jem now. Hehehehe, I KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

So c'mon sis, POST!!!!

18. HaiGan

Nov 7, 2000
    Um, this wouldn't happen to be that ball when Obi starts broadcasting all over the place, would it?

19. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

That's the one!

20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I can't wait!!!

21. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Me either!

22. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    A post IS in the works...I'll get there soon!

23. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    "Psssssst! Gethin!" a voice hissed from behind the door in An-Paj's workroom.

Healer Territ spun around in surprise at the furtive way his name was being spoken. A familiar face peered anxiously round the corner, one that caused him to break into a smile.

"Hi, Jemmiah." He winked at the Corellian girl. "What's got you hiding in the infirmary at this ungodly hour? Are you really ill this time or shall I just get on with the hands on examination?"
    "Shush!" Jemmy rounded her eyes in horror, nodding her head frantically behind her. Gethin followed her troubled gaze to where Rela Quinn was standing grinning in the shadows.

Gethin swallowed and tried to cover up his mistake.

"Er?what I mean is can I get you ladies anything?" he stumbled.
    "If it's the same as you got Jemmy last time I should think not!" Tutted Rela, pretending to be scandalized. "That's disgraceful. You and him?" she shook her head and Jemmy looked suitably embarrassed. "Tssk, tssk!"
    "Don't tell anyone, Rel!" Jemmy pleaded. "Master Jinn would freak!"
    "I should say so!" Rela replied, looking over at an extremely wary Gethin. "Are you two still going out?"
    "Well, to tell you the truth we never really got to the going out stage." He mumbled.
    "When was this?" Rela crossed her arms like a lecturing parent. "I want gossip guys, in return for keeping quiet. That's my price."

Jemmiah gritted her teeth.

"Last year."
    "You heartless cradle snatcher." Rela frowned. "I'm sure Qui-Gon would LOVE to hear about this!"

The normally unflappable Gethin seemed to lose a little of his cool.

"Now, Rela. May I call you Rela?" he asked.
    "I suppose so." Rela watched him squirm.
    "Well, Rela?that's a very lovely name, by the way."
    "Thanks." Rela drawled.
    "Er, it was all a long time ago and?"
    "Get on with it." The red head inspected her nails casually.
    "There's no real need to go upsetting Qui-Gon." He finished lamely.

Rela appeared to think about it for a minute.

"Not good enough. I'm gonna tell him right now."
    "Rela!" Jemmiah was stunned. She'd only known the girl for a day or so but she thought she was fairly straightforward. It looked like she was wrong?

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't." Rela said to Gethin.
    "To protect Jemmiah's reputation." Gethin said pointedly. "I didn't think you'd want to see her censured seeing as how it looks like you've become friends."
    "Well, I dunno." Rela scratched at her head of mad curls. "What's it worth?"
    "Rela, please." Jemmiah pleaded.

Rela actually felt sorry for the distress she was causing Jemmiah and knew the Corellian had not done anything worth this amount of torment. Hell, the things SHE had done at the age of fifteen and before then?not all of them legal.

Infact most of them weren't.

She turned to the younger girl and batted an eyelid at her, alerting Jemmy to her deception.

"What do you mean, what is it worth?" Gethin shivered. "I don't submit to blackmail. It's unethical. The answer is no."
    "Oh, well. I'll just be going, shall I?" Rela said airily and started away out the door.

Gethin went after her in a mad dash. The image of an irate Qui-Gon was all the motivation he needed.

"What I meant to say was I DO submit to blackmail. Did I say no? Silly me, slip of the tongue. Isn't it amazing how yes and no sound the same?"
    "Oh, incredibly similar." Rela nodded standing confrontationally infront of him.
    "What do you want?" Gethin asked, trying to guess what she could possibly gain from this charade.
    "Let me ask you a question." She answered
    "What?"
    "How is Sunny Breeze doing?"

Gethin snorted disparagingly.

"They had to sedate her. She claimed that she'd been subjected to an indecent proposal and then started ranting about the smell of something in one of the freshers." He frowned. "I told Simeon to clean those out this morning."
    "At least THAT was successful." Rela hovered round Gethin like a circling vulture. "So, she's not at her best right now?"
    "I wouldn't have thought so." Gethin muttered. "I can't say I'm too upset. The woman kept pinching my bottom!"
    "

24. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    ROTFLOL!

That's my girl! Make 'em squirm until they give you what you want, then make them squirm after they realize what you did!!! Tee-Hee!

25. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

You did that post wonderfully!

Snicker! Poor Gethin!

*Sings* I know what Rela did!

PLEASE make the next bit soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.